nausea... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-11-2005, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am nauseous 24/7. I am nauseous when I am hungry, I am nauseous when I am full, I am nauseous when I'm tired, I am nauseous when I'm energetic. I am nauseous when I wake up in the morning and when I go to bed at night. Ahhh!!! :

I haven't had to throw up yet for which I'm very thankful so I know that it could be worse. I am gagging all the time though.

I know this is a typical pregnancy complaint, and I've suffered through it with two other pregnancies but is there anything that i can do to help alleviate it???

HELP?!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2005, 12:18 AM

How many weeks are you? I always found week 7 and 8 the worst.
I bought some Preggie Pops last preg and they really helped (the sour ones).
Also, not mixing food with liquid. Wait at least 30 mins in between them.
Colourless Gatorade helped too.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:42 AM

I always found that chewing mint gum or having a mint in my mouth helped. I second small meals and not mixing liquid and food. My nausea was always triggered by smells, so that's why the mint helped a bit.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:48 AM

This is my fourth pregnancy and the first time I've EVER suffered from nausea. One of my very favorite spices is cumin, and OH! YUCK! I cannot bear the smell of it now. (((((HUGS)))))) sandi
Old 08-12-2005, 01:47 PM

I can totally sympathize with you! I'm 7 weeks now, and some days I get so depressed thinking about dealing with this for at least another 5 weeks. I don't remember what it's like to feel "normal" anymore. I hate to be one of those whining pregnant ladies to my husband, but I get so miserable, I can't help it. I know that I should be grateful that I don't have it worse, but it's so hard when you don't feel like yourself, KWIM?

I eat a few saltine crackers in bed before getting up, and that seems to be helping a little. I also carry around a fresh lemon with me wherever I go, and whenever I feel the pukey feeling coming on, I sniff the lemon. Anything super sour seems to help. I drink lemonade and suck on Altoids sour candies. My philosophy is to eat whatever sounds good to me at the moment, even though it's difficult because the last thing I usually want to do is put something in my queasy stomach. If that means eating an Egg McMuffin, I'll do it. I just need to make it through the first trimester, then I can eat healthier when I don't feel like I'm going to hurl at the mere thought of certain foods.

Hugs! I know it's hard! Feel free to complain away. We can commiserate together.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:24 PM

Some things that have helped me-altoid mints, stoned wheat crackers, baby carrots, and eating protein like legumes before going to bed. Hope you feel better!
Old 08-12-2005, 10:43 PM

Ginger candy and those silly accupressure wristbands really helped me a lot when I was pregnant with BeanBean. I still couldn't eat, but I felt less sick.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)

User Tag List