Weight Gain So Far???? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 83 Old 11-23-2005, 01:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have gained 3 lbs at 18 wks... 3 isn't much..
But if you look at my body, it would look like 10-15 all right in front(and a bit on the chest too). It's puzzling to me how I have hardly gained, and my arms and legs don't feel smaller but the belly is sooo much bigger.
#62 of 83 Old 11-23-2005, 09:40 AM

After a MW appt. yesterday, all I can say is "Oh my." Guess the double fat yogurt here in Germany is starting to take its toll. I lost weight until 14 weeks right around when I started to really show. Since then, however, I've gained a whopping 6 kilos. That makes for 13 pounds in 7 weeks (good thing is Germany and not Russia from the sounds of it!). I'm carrying twins so I don't feel too bad, but it's making me a little afraid about what lies ahead.

Happy Eating!
#63 of 83 Old 11-23-2005, 10:32 PM

Well, I had my appointment today... and have lost another half a pound. I'm still around -33 pounds for this pregnancy, and like Adina I will be 19 weeks on Turkey Day.

I should start gaining any minute now...

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#64 of 83 Old 12-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
I have finally gained the first 10pounds.

I saw the OB yesterday (for the LAST time!!! ) and since that is the scale I have been weighing myself on sincethe beginning....

I weighed 173...up from my original 162. So far so good

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#65 of 83 Old 12-01-2005, 06:06 PM

I have finally gained a pound!!!!
#66 of 83 Old 12-01-2005, 06:10 PM

I'm up 18 lbs at 21 weeks! 20 if you count the 2 I lost in the first trimester.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#67 of 83 Old 12-02-2005, 10:48 AM

At 22 weeks I've gained 17/18lbs!!
I'm scared to think what my total weight gain will be if I've already gained this much!!

Erin-doula and mama to Ari Beat (4/7/03) and Eli Roots (3/27/06) angel.gif 6/09 angel.gif 10/09 and sweet Bodhi (6/25/11). Now growing #4 who we will meet in October joy.gif
#68 of 83 Old 12-02-2005, 10:56 AM

I've gained about 13 pounds in almost 21 weeks. I expect to have rapid gains and plateaus off and on over the next ten weeks.
#69 of 83 Old 12-02-2005, 02:38 PM

14 lbs so far -- just started week 22

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#70 of 83 Old 12-02-2005, 03:42 PM

As an update on that woman in Russia-- apparently they have her on some kind of drug, plus a controlled diet where she can't have salt and has to control how much liquid she gets every day (including in food) to get rid of her edema-- everything I've read here suggests that you drink more water to help with edema and salt doesn't really matter.

I'm not even going to go there on that forum though, unless I get edema myself and then I'll share how it's dealt with here (like, letting nature take its course in the absence of other signs of problems)-- just hope she doesn't have problems later from low amniotic fluid, geez.
#71 of 83 Old 12-02-2005, 04:53 PM

I've gained 20 lbs. since the beginning. I don't count the first visit as my beginning weight, because by that time I was already eating a lot and gaining. So I count from my normal pre-preg weight, not what the doctor has on record.

I love my new midwife. She said not to worry about my weight at the moment, just to eat well and get out and exercise. She says I look healthy, and am doing well. She said she only really starts to worry about snowballing weight at the end of the pregnancy. But near that time, what are you going to do about it. And she was positive, mentioning that everyone gains weight differently. Yes, I love her!

Homebirthing, seems like we're on the same track. 20 lbs.
#72 of 83 Old 12-02-2005, 05:02 PM

I hate posting about weight (I'm a healthily thin person IRL, but I really hate how everyone focuses on one's body--both weight *and* appearance--when one is pg). I'll probably post very little on this thread. Anyway, according to my scale at home, I'm up about 7 lbs, which I'm pretty sure is a lot less than I had gained at this point with my boys, which actually has me a little worried. I feel like I've been eating a *lot*, too.

Sigh. Does anyone else feel like you do the best you can, and the baby determines how much you gain? I've never felt like how much I gain during pregnancy was something *I* had any influence over.
#73 of 83 Old 12-02-2005, 05:28 PM

I lost 4 lb over Thanksgiving. My MIL is a terrible cook.

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
#74 of 83 Old 12-02-2005, 07:05 PM

20 weeks, 9 lbs so far...
started at 135... but i feel like i am on the verge of REALLY starting to grow now - and i expect to gain near 40 lbs like I did when I was pregnant with Jordana...
#75 of 83 Old 12-02-2005, 08:29 PM

I have gained 1 lb so far and I am 20 weeks tomorrow. I am about 30 lbs overweight. My midwife practice didn't even blink an eye.
#76 of 83 Old 12-02-2005, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKmama
Sigh. Does anyone else feel like you do the best you can, and the baby determines how much you gain? I've never felt like how much I gain during pregnancy was something *I* had any influence over.
This is where I am, too. Especially since I started eating like a "normal" person again, and am still losing weight, I feel like there's something going on that is completely out of my control. That sucks for me, because I'm a control freak.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#77 of 83 Old 12-03-2005, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfamilygal
I lost 4 lb over Thanksgiving. My MIL is a terrible cook.

I gained 4 lb. over Thanksgiving!! And about the same the week before that!! So I'm up to 14 lbs. at 23 wks.

I thought I could control the weight but it seems that it is out of my control. This pregnancy I'm working out regularly whereas I hardly did anything but drive back and forth to work (which was a few hours a day), eat and sleep. And I'm gaining just like I did with my previous pregnancy. Hopefully, the working out will at least help out during labor this time around...
#78 of 83 Old 12-08-2005, 11:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I went for a checkup today with my OB and she said, "Well, you've gained enough weight now!" At 21 weeks. Gulp. I've only gained about 15 lbs., according to my scale at home when I'm weighing myself every morning without pounds of clothes on, like I did today at the doctor's office...

She did tell me at the beginning that she thinks it's best if we only gain 20 lbs. during pregnancy. Not sure why, but I don't see it happening here!!

Mary
#79 of 83 Old 12-09-2005, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie_mary
She did tell me at the beginning that she thinks it's best if we only gain 20 lbs. during pregnancy. Not sure why, but I don't see it happening here!!
Probably cuz it's not typically natural to only gain 20 lbs during pregnancy! Have you thought about changing providers? Cuz someone with ideas such as this (which incidentally have been shown to be harmful to both mom & baby - limiting weight gain in this way) probably has a lot of other backward ideas about birth. Not someone *I'd* trust with a healthy pregnancy & birth.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#80 of 83 Old 12-09-2005, 09:49 AM

I agree with love_homebirthing--I probably wouldn't take my chances--someone like that may be "yes-ing" you about other things and you'll have to fight for what you want when it comes down to it.

Erin-doula and mama to Ari Beat (4/7/03) and Eli Roots (3/27/06) angel.gif 6/09 angel.gif 10/09 and sweet Bodhi (6/25/11). Now growing #4 who we will meet in October joy.gif
#81 of 83 Old 12-09-2005, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, I"m pretty happy with her in other ways, and I trust my body enough to just brush it off. I figure it knows what it's doing...but I did take it as a wake-up call to get off my rear and start exercising!

Mary
#82 of 83 Old 12-09-2005, 08:27 PM

150 lbs. to start, the first trimester I gained 5 lbs. Then suddenly one week during my second trimester, um, week 20 I think, I gained 10 lbs all at once, so I'm up to 15 lbs!

Last pregnancy I gained 37 lbs. all together, so I've still got a long ways to go, but the last trimester is great for weight gain .
#83 of 83 Old 12-09-2005, 09:01 PM

I think I said in my last post that I feel like I have no control over how much I gain... it turns out that in the last month, I've gained only a pound (it *feels* like a lot more, though). I've gained a lot less at this point than in my previous 2 pgs... I think with the boys, I was probably to at least 15 pounds up by 21 weeks, but this time around, I'm up only 7 or 8, I think. And I'm eating and eating and eating...

Does gender have anything to do with it?

I agree that 20 lbs is too little to gain.

I live in Colorado, and we lead the nation in low birth weight babies (I think altitude has some influence). I heard very little about weight last time, and I haven't heard much this time (other than that the meds to treat the hyperemesis must be working, because I'd managed to gain)... I also live in a very "fit" city (Boulder). I wonder if it's just my caregivers, or if there's a more relaxed attitude here?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page