dreaming about twins--read read - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-28-2005, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
last night i had a dream that i was far enough along to feel the baby and there were two in there. I had a dream last march that i had two infant babies, but then ended up miscarrying in april. either it meant "double-trouble" and forshadowed the miscarriage or because the babies were already born and healthy,maybe it was a forshadow for that. now, the only reason i give any weight to this (i have NO reasons such as age,history,chlomid) is because last january i had a dream that my SIL and myself were pregnant at the same time. we had been trying for 15 months, she hadn't even started ttc, we did IUI (artificial) for my pregnancy that miscarried,but then got a suprise pregnancy 3 months later. my SIL is due one month ahead of me. freaky,huh?

what do you think....what are my chances given that my midwife heard 1 heartbeat at 14 weeks(though didn't look for 2) and she said my uterus was right where it should be. can twin pregnancy be hidden and when would they normally find it by?

sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2005, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think there are a few mamas on the mutliples board who were suprised by twins at a homebirth... FWIW, my DD insists that I have two babies in my belly- a boy and a girl, but so far there has been no evidence of it.

Maybe your dream was just incorporating yours and your SILs pregnancy because you are due so close?

Old 10-28-2005, 01:18 PM

I know someone who herself suspected twins (based on so much movement and on opposite sides of her belly) but had 3 professionals palpate her and tell her there was only 1 baby in there. She also had her mw listen to the hb using doppler and she only ever heard 1 hb. But alas, she had twins - she said that their hb's were just very in-sync so that's why they didn't distinguish 2 separate hbs.

I had a dream last night that I could feel 2 heads (but I've always thought I'd have twins) but that dream was followed by a different dream where i was able to see inside my belly and watch the baby moving around and there was only 1 in there and I was sad. I would not think a dream about healthy babies would be a foreshadow for anything negative.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:09 PM

I have had SEVERAL dreams myself about having twins! And my mom, who is pretty intuitive, says she has been having trouble figuring out if this baby is a boy or a girl... Whereas she knew with my DD by the time I was 12 weeks that she was FOR SURE a girl! (And she has been right about all 3 of my sister's babies, too...) She says she just keeps going back and forth between boy and girl... Says she just can't get a good "grasping feeling" as to what it is! LOL Now this may be nothing... Just "delayed feeling" as she calls it... But I guess we will see! LOL

At any rate, I think that your dreams COULD mean twins, OR like Orchid said, it might just be the "combining" of sorts of your pregnancy and your SIL's... Either way, I don't think that the "miscarriage" part in April was actually a miscarriage dream, but more just not having the baby/babies in your tummy anymore because it/they were safe in your arms! But that's just my opinion!

Kerri

PS I HAVE heard of a "hidden twin". They had a program on it once when I was preggy with my DD on Discovery Health Channel. A lday thought that she was only having one. Doppler only picked up one HB and the u/s only showed one baby - and she had had 2 u/s - and she ended up having identical twin boys! The were "stacked" so that one was directly on top of the other one... So it IS possible!

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
: Proud Momma to Katelyn (4-02), Calvin (4-06), and Ashley (7-08) :
Old 10-29-2005, 03:07 AM

My husband, son, and niece all think that I'm having twins. I think that they're all insane.

I did have dreams about twins before BeanBean was born, and I was convinced that he was two right up until the birth. I was actually kind of surprised when he was only one, despite the ultrasounds.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 10-29-2005, 11:04 AM

I'm rading this thread thinking "I know I've heard of the hidden twin" - thanks Kerri for validating that you saw it too - LOL - sometimes I swear I've heard of things and people tell me I'm crazy.

Good friend of mine was a twin - same deal, thought it was only one (her brother) then out she came. Her brother was 7 pounds and she was like 4 or something - a very tiny thing. Ended up healthy but is still tiny (in an adorable way). Another friend of my sister's had regualr dopplers pick up one heartbeat and was hospitalized at 18 weeks for dehydration - one nurse came in and found the heartbeat on one side, a while later way down on the other - so she started getting a bit pushy about what what up - they did an U/S and there they were!
Old 10-29-2005, 04:43 PM

A friend of mine discovered she was carrying twins at 20 weeks (when she had her ultrasound). She wasn't big for her time, and they only heard one heartbeat during her appointments. She had 2 healthy 7lbs baby girls.

User Tag List