Are ya exercisin'? Doing yer kegels? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 11-03-2005, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did a FIRM tape last night, and it was the first exercise I've done in a while~since the whole dizziness. It felt GREAT to move! I'm trying to get my kegels in too~how are y'all doing? Are ya feeling good enough to try and stay fit? (((((HUGS))))) sandi
#2 of 15 Old 11-03-2005, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
uuummmmm, no and no...but thanks for asking

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#3 of 15 Old 11-03-2005, 11:11 AM

I walk at least 4o minutes every day but that's about all I've been doing!
I bought a prenatal yog tape even before I got pregnant and just can't seem to find the time to do it--I've done the first 6 minutes ONCE!
Maybe if I were a BIT more motivated I could find the time
As for Kegels-I was so good about doing them everyday with my first pregnancy and again--just never think to do them this time--always drove me crazy anyway-like squeezing your butt cheeks together!

Erin-doula and mama to Ari Beat (4/7/03) and Eli Roots (3/27/06) angel.gif 6/09 angel.gif 10/09 and sweet Bodhi (6/25/11). Now growing #4 who we will meet in October joy.gif
#4 of 15 Old 11-03-2005, 11:18 AM

I've been lacking a little bit in the motivation department...
I do know that I need to get up and start doing something, though! Especially since I've been on this chocolate kick lately!

At the very least, I'd like to start walking to my 2nd bus in the morning (I have to hop 2 buses to work). It's about a 30 or 40 minute walk....
Would also like to try some prenatal yoga. Can anyone suggest a good tape?
How about some tips on getting/staying motivated?

As for kegels - actually normally do them while I'm reading over the MDC boards. There used to be a post in the main pregnancy board about remembering your kegels - and now I just seem to associate the two!
#5 of 15 Old 11-03-2005, 11:24 AM

I've been walking and doing yard work and house work for exercise mostly. Somehow dragging myself down to the gym at work and getting on the elliptical just hasn't been happening. Oh well, walking is good.
#6 of 15 Old 11-03-2005, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilushka
I've Somehow dragging myself down to the gym at work and getting on the elliptical just hasn't been happening. Oh well, walking is good.
This is me, too! I have been walking alot, but I can't seem to find my way to the basement to use my eliptical. I'm working on it, everyday I get a little closer...

#7 of 15 Old 11-03-2005, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

I have a yoga DVD that I LOVE by Yoga Journal and Lamaze called Yoga for Your Pregnancy. I enjoy that it is safe (IMO) but not as modified as the ones that leave me feeling like I didn't do anything.

Anybody interested in a weekly fitness check-in for motivation? I could sure use it! (((((HUGS))))) sandi
#8 of 15 Old 11-03-2005, 12:59 PM

Yeap..........using my treadmill ( which reminds me I forgot to ask my midwife if it was ok for me to start running again, I am just walking now) lifting weights........chasing 3 toddlers around.......yard work ( I wish all the leaves would fall of my tree already) mowing the lawn ( can't wait to move into my new house, there is no hill in the new back yard) and trying to get my house ready for the move. Yeah I would say I was working out.........I was so afraid to get on the scale at my app. yesterday because ( as it was posted in another thread " halloween candy is evil) and that is all I have been eating the past two weeks but to my suprise I had only gained a pound . No more candy

Oh and yes I am doing my kegels but that is just a habit after being pregnant 4 times
#9 of 15 Old 11-03-2005, 03:28 PM

i'm not as good about my kegels as I used to be. Thanks for the reminder!

I go to a boxing gym (no sparring!) 1-2x/wk, which includes speed bag, punching bag, and doing an abs class (it gets harder every time to do everything...). I also walk almost every day, sometimes twice a day (gotta walk the dog in the am and pm when dh is working), and will jog 1-2x/wk or ride a bike.

I didn't do anything when I was pregnant with ds and I gained a lot of weight and it took a long time to get it off, so I'm making sure I stay active this time around. I always dread exercising because I'm so tired or nauseas, but I actually feel better once I get moving.
#10 of 15 Old 11-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
I have a yoga dvd - that I haven't managed to do yet. As for kegels...I just do them when I pee! Then I know I am doing them right, and it make sure I get everything out. And since I pee a bunch every day - I figure I am getting enough of them in. Plus is makes peeing in a cup easier at the doc's office.

I think I will do yoga today. It sounds like a good idea. I think.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#11 of 15 Old 11-03-2005, 04:14 PM

I'm walking lots & doing a little yoga, I start a weekly class saturday and will swim after too so I'm looking forward to that. Kegels I do when I remember which can vary from loads one day to none the next
#12 of 15 Old 11-03-2005, 11:41 PM

running after three kids is constant excersize but other then that no i dont do much but strech. i am a freak about squatting every chance i get!!! i try to get in my kegles. i think as long as i keep up my streching "labor prep" i will be happy. yuma, Arizona is finally cooling down in the evening so we will start family walks.

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
#13 of 15 Old 11-08-2005, 01:26 PM

Well three months before I got pregnant I had lost 30 pounds from exercising and eating right. Due to some issues at the beginning of my pregnancy I decided not to exercise, so my treadmill downstairs has been collectiing dust. The only exercise that I get now is fromwalking up two flights of stairs at school and walking to the different buildings, which can be a long walk some days). we are remodeling our home so we have been VERY busy so thats my exercise.

Whenever I see the word Kegels I do them, but other than that I don't but I am going to make a habit of doing them.
#14 of 15 Old 11-12-2005, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I did find a few places to join/start a fitness check-in, and it's helped me A LOT! Just finished week 2 of sticking to my planned rotation, and I have to say, I feel GREAT! YAY! (((((HUGS))))) sandi
#15 of 15 Old 12-03-2005, 04:10 PM

I need to get back into exercising after being slack and feeling generally worn down. I just finished a 90 min. yoga dvd! It's pretty challenging, which I love since most of the other one's I've tried make me fall asleep during the focus sections.

The DVD I'm using is Dr. Christine Anderson's Dynamic Yoga. I don't know what they mean by dynamic, but it is definitely difficult and I have to take breaks into child pose or just walk around often. I see it is a big challenge in that there's parts I want to relax and you have to stay focused and keep going... seems like a good prep for labor and strengthens your mind. I love the sun salutation where you stretch your chest forward. Great for posture. And I love when I make it to the restorative poses.

Anyone else have favorite poses?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page