November 28-December 4 updates - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 85 Old 12-02-2005, 03:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
Okay, you obviously don't know me or anything about me, so I'm going to explain a few things:
Hey hey- let me clarify what I wrote. It had zero to do with you personally, or your situation. It had to do with the *reaction* to your situation. I should have made that more clear. Of course we are all different. Certainly there are people outside of the average range! However, someone as far as you outside the range would have gained, oh, 60 pounds by now. Do you see anyone congratulating anyone else on that, or wishing they could do the same? No! You are far from the norm, and your situation in another person could be devastatingly bad. A reasonable reaction to your situation would be concern and support- just as it should be for a 60-lb gainer by now- not for someone to desire the same situation. You mention below that you used to suffer from eating disorders- don't you think if you were looking at someone else with a similar situation, you'd be concerned instead of happy? I think bringing up diabetes was also very reasonable, as people who do get it severely, lose weight, and it's something a lot of us have to be aware of during pregnancy- it was just a comment, and I had no way of knowing you've already checked for that. I would be appreciative, and not defensive, if someone suggested that for me to check. I've certainly received good advice on here about things to check- isn't that what the conversation is about?!

My point was that weight loss during pregnancy- and yours was very significant- shouldn't be a cause of celebration, and people shouldn't wish they could do the same. People with hyperemesis who almost die and lose that much, I can assure you, do not celebrate it.

You don't need to lecture me, or justify yourself, about overweight people during pregnancy- I weigh far more than you, actually. You also made some odd statements, like that heavy people tend to lose throughout pregnancy- that's not been shown and it's way far outside the norm, and I have never seen nor heard proof of it (and neither have my m-wives- I quizzed them pretty heavily about weight issues from the get-go because I was so nervous I'd gain too much). Where did you get that information from!? It sounds (I am not saying you are, I'm saying the statement is) like a generally poor, fat-phobic statement. Some doctors can't stand that already heavy people need to gain more in a pregnancy, and a lot of us have to deal with that bias all the time. The general consensus -even from mainstream, non fat-friendly OBs- is that while the total amount gained varies, it is never safe to lose during pregnancy.

I hope that I clarified that I'm talking about the response and not your personal situation at all! It's hard- SO hard- for all of us to deal with any of this weight stuff during pregnancy, no matter what's happening. Our bodies are being hijacked! I think we all have issues and troubles with it. I think the thread concerning a person who gained a normal amount of weight, but titled help, too much weight!- encouraged me to post a lot more about this than normal. It's hard to gain a healthy amount of weight during pregnancy, and noone should feel bad about it. (Again- not saying *you* made anyone feel bad about it, saying the tone of some of these posts have). I also think there's the normal "web effect", which due to embarrassment about weight, leads to a few rules (sometimes but not usually broken this is meant tongue in cheek for those who think I"m being snarky!)

1) skinny people post their belly pictures
2) people without stretchmarks post their belly pictures
3) people who gain only small amounts of weight (or lose!) post

This leads to a shift in the, well, normal baseline when an outsider comes in and reads everything- others than myself have written saying they were surprised by the number of "losing weight" posts on here. I would hate for that perception to make people feel bad about healthy weight gains or their bodies.

SO, enough of this topic. If I were brave enough I would break rules 1,2, and 3, but look at me not putting my money where my mouth is. Or, one could say, I'm giving people a break to not have to look at such things . See? I CARE.

Oh, since this is an update thread, and I really feel uncomfortable about continuiously harping on the above, I"ll add an update. I went to my first prenatal yoga class today. It was really good, but hurt my hips way more than I had expected! I stretched in places I simply did not know stretched. I think it will be great preparation for labor, and am really excited about it. I wish I had started earlier. Does anyone else out there do this at this point in their pregnancy, and if so, do you have any suggestions about hip-friendly poses?

ok, that's my update
#62 of 85 Old 12-02-2005, 03:15 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
I need to start doing my yoga tape...I am not a class person at all, but I think the yoga would really help...I am constantly feeling like I need a serious stretch! Which it totally sounds like you got! I am so jealous. I want to go get a thai massage....maybe a portable rack to stretch myself on?

I don't know enough to be able to help with hip-friendly poses though - my problem is my lower back, so that I could help with! Are you getting round ligament pain? I know I am.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#63 of 85 Old 12-02-2005, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandahope
I feel somewhat shy about this, but want to put it out there. My step-mom, just about every time I talk to her, tells me I need to start stimulating my nipples so that I can better breastfeed my baby due in April. I know nothing about this, and thought I read somewhere that too much stimulation can cause early labour. Anyone know something about this? I will ask the midwife next appointment but wonder what your thoughts are?
Nipple stimulation can't cause early labor in most people, because not only does labor require the release of oxytocin into your system (which happens when your nipples are stimulated), it requires a certain threshold of oxytocin receptors on your uterus. Most women don't have enough receptors to initiate labor before 38 weeks gestation (give or take a week).

There's nothing that you can do to make breastfeeding easier except for taking good care of your nipples. Lansinoh is amazing stuff, and can really help with nipple soreness during pregnancy as well as lactation (make sure that you use nursing pads with this, as it can stain bras). If you're prone to vaginal yeast infections, you'll want to keep your fungal issues in check as best you can, particularly as you approach delivery, to avoid thrush in your baby and yourself. Other than that... well, if you get to 40+ weeks and you're desperate to get the baby out, you can try pumping a bit of colostrum. If you've got inverted nipples, you may want to try drawing them out before your baby is born; The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding talks a fair bit about this. I've got a copy downstairs on my shelf which I'd be happy to mail to you, if you like.

Even if you do nothing at all with your nipples, you are very likely to have a successful and fulfilling nursing relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny_g
Certainly there are people outside of the average range! However, someone as far as you outside the range would have gained, oh, 60 pounds by now. Do you see anyone congratulating anyone else on that, or wishing they could do the same? No! You are far from the norm, and your situation in another person could be devastatingly bad. A reasonable reaction to your situation would be concern and support- just as it should be for a 60-lb gainer by now- not for someone to desire the same situation.
Um, I don't know about that. If someone had gained 60 pounds by 20 weeks, I don't think I'd assume that something was wrong, necessarily. If, on the other hand, someone was saying "last week I weighed x, this week I weigh x+25 and I know that the scale isn't broken..." well, then I'd be concerned.

Quote:
I think bringing up diabetes was also very reasonable, as people who do get it severely, lose weight, and it's something a lot of us have to be aware of during pregnancy- it was just a comment, and I had no way of knowing you've already checked for that. I would be appreciative, and not defensive, if someone suggested that for me to check. I've certainly received good advice on here about things to check- isn't that what the conversation is about?!
It isn't what you said, it's the way that you said it; it didn't imply concern or a desire to impart potentially new information to me. Rather, it implied to me that I didn't know what I was talking about and hadn't bothered to ask basic questions/do simple research on pregnancy and what my body might be doing. I will admit that I take more offense to such statements than most people, because I'm a total geek and research is one of my things; I was probably a bit snippier in my reply than I needed to be.

Quote:
You also made some odd statements, like that heavy people tend to lose throughout pregnancy- that's not been shown and it's way far outside the norm, and I have never seen nor heard proof of it (and neither have my m-wives- I quizzed them pretty heavily about weight issues from the get-go because I was so nervous I'd gain too much). Where did you get that information from!? It sounds (I am not saying you are, I'm saying the statement is) like a generally poor, fat-phobic statement. Some doctors can't stand that already heavy people need to gain more in a pregnancy, and a lot of us have to deal with that bias all the time. The general consensus -even from mainstream, non fat-friendly OBs- is that while the total amount gained varies, it is never safe to lose during pregnancy.
I didn't say that heavy people tend to lose throughout pregnancy, I said that it's not uncommon (a very different thing! Every woman, even every fat woman, is different). That *has* been shown, and it's also been shown to be safe and normal for some people. Most doctors and midwives haven't got the faintest clue about this, and would have any woman who lost significant amounts of weight during a pregnancy going in for regular ultrasounds. I'm quite lucky to have a doctor with more sense than that, who realizes that some women will gain, some will stay level and others (like myself) will lose weight. Have you ever seen this website? The phenomenon of heavier women losing weight during pregnancy, particularly during the first trimester is, iirc, described in detail.

I've never heard that "it's never safe to lose during pregnancy;" instead, I've heard that it is very rare for most women, but that women who begin pregnancy heavier are much more likely to lose weight than to gain, particularly in the first trimester. The most common scenario (and the pattern that my previous pregnancies followed) is for a heavy woman to lose 5-15 pounds (I lost more with my first pregnancy due to hyperemesis) during the first trimester, gain it back during the second and third, and finally deliver within 5-10 pounds of their starting weight. For my previous pregnancies, I lost weight until about 15 weeks (when I was able to eat again), and then I slowly gained until I was within 10 pounds of my starting weight. This time, I've continued to lose well beyond the first trimester. I've been eating pretty much normally (I've had a regular apetite) for more than a month now, but I haven't gained any weight at all and have continued to lose. It struck me as a bit odd, enough so that I specifically asked if I was spilling ketones in my urine because I assumed that I would have started gaining by now. I haven't. Despite that, I had an ultrasound which showed that my baby is exactly the expected size for his gestational age and my uterus is measuring just about where it should be (a little higher, because a) I'm short and b) my fat flap drags my belly button down a bit ). There's no reason to be concerned about my failure to gain weight at this point; it's just a perk.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#64 of 85 Old 12-02-2005, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL
I need to start doing my yoga tape...I am not a class person at all, but I think the yoga would really help...I am constantly feeling like I need a serious stretch! Which it totally sounds like you got! I am so jealous. I want to go get a thai massage....maybe a portable rack to stretch myself on?

I don't know enough to be able to help with hip-friendly poses though - my problem is my lower back, so that I could help with! Are you getting round ligament pain? I know I am.
Ligament pain- oh, yes. Terribly. When I walk, mostly. I didn't get it at yoga, and I don't get it at the gym on the ellipical runner, but I can't walk more than a couple of minutes, which is driving me nuts.

What would be great- WATER YOGA. I'm imagining doing some of that work in the water and that would be so great. I'm been resisiting the water exercise since the chlorine bothers my asthma so much (I've done it before), but I might try it again because as I gain weight, my joints are becoming soo uncomfortable!

I have to say 3/4 of the reason I went to yoga is to meet other pg women, since I know, literally, none in my daily life, and all the people I know via work are men. (It sucks being in science sometimes, it really does, and we're in an insular college town). I was worried the class would be annoying, but it really wasn't at all. Phew.
#65 of 85 Old 12-02-2005, 01:16 PM

Hi! Well, I had my appointment yesterday... My blood pressure was a little off - the bottom number. (She didn't tell me what it was, and frankly, I forgot to ask! LOL) Anyway, she said to just watch my salt intake and I should be fine - especially since I have no history of high BP and have never had a high reading... But they will watch it... She said that everything from my u/s looked wonderful and that they baby is perfectly healthy. The HB today was 140... So I don't know! LOL (She is predicting a boy!) It was 160 last time, so we will see! Ha ha Also I have gained 4 pounds! I was so excited! (Since I had lost 15 pounds in the first trimester! It's nice to be GAINING instead of losing! LOL) She was very pleased with the weight gain! She said it was perfect. They had a mix-up with my records. The old office didn't send over all my records and the nurse was all nasty about it. (First person in this new office I haven't liked...) SHe was all, "well, we need to know your blood type. You have to go get blood work done today." I said, "well, I don't have the money today to go get it". I told her I was A- and she said "I have to have that verified. The hospital has to know." I said, "Well, Dr. Bullaro delivered my daughter, so you should have the records." She was all snotty again... "Did she just deliver you or was she your regualr doctor?" I said that she was my regular doctor AND she delivered me... I was so peeved at her! I told the CNP when she came in about her... She said it would be taken care of... (That might have added to my BP being off, too! Being mad at that nasty nurse! LMBO)

I talked to her about my due date. She said that since my LMP date and the u/s date were so far off (2 weeks) they would go by the u/s due date. I then told her that I know that I O 3 weeks after AF not the "normal" 2 and she said "AW! That makes more sense to me!" (Which, btw, I had also told hte nurse and shr QUITE SNOTTILY told me "We go by the u/s date, not what the mother 'thinks'." I tried explaining to her that after going through IF I KNEW whenI O'd, but she wouldn't hear it!) She measured me and said that I am measuring at 18 1/2 w, so RIGHT ON where I SAID I should be!! LMBO So, my due date WILL be May 2nd, like *I* was saying! Ha ha ha (In your FACE, nurse! LMBO)

Then when I got home, I got some bad news... We were denied for state help... We have too much "liquid" money... Meaning we have too much money in mutual funds and IRAs! So great. I can't get help because I am trying to plan for your future??? So, now we have to figure out how we are gonna do this! LOL But, DH and I talked about it and we know that it all happens for a reason. If it wasn't going to work out, then God wouldn't have blessed us with getting pregnant! We can do it!! The baby will SO be worth it all!!

Anyway, there's my news!! Not much, but there it is anyway! LOL

Kerri

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
: Proud Momma to Katelyn (4-02), Calvin (4-06), and Ashley (7-08) :
#66 of 85 Old 12-02-2005, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerriAZ
Then when I got home, I got some bad news... We were denied for state help... We have too much "liquid" money... Meaning we have too much money in mutual funds and IRAs! So great. I can't get help because I am trying to plan for your future???
Yeah... poor people aren't supposed to have a future. Then, of course, they give you crap for not putting any money into savings... you just can't win.

Well, my kids are super-freaking-cute today. I've got to make a special effort to get them outdoors today, because they slept late this morning and I want them to go to bed tonight when they get to MIL's house. I'm still debating about where to take them. I don't particularly want to be outside-- I'm freezing my a$$ off because my jacket needs to be washed (badly) and I don't have a fleece sweatshirt that fits over my belly right now (and even if I did, they're sooo not warm enough!). I'm probably going to end up taking them to Playland at McDonald's. : How humiliating!

#67 of 85 Old 12-02-2005, 03:44 PM

Question--

When you post a link in a post or signature, how can you do it so it doesn't read the url in the text, but whatever text you want? I have never been able to figure out how to do this.

Thanks!
#68 of 85 Old 12-02-2005, 03:52 PM

[.url=link]shown text[/url]

Just remove the dot I show before url. And put your http: link where I show link.
#69 of 85 Old 12-02-2005, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

On the advanced view, you click on the little earth icon that looks like it has the piece of chain on it. It will prompt you to enter your text and your link

I am glad you have a CNP that actually listens Kerri Sorry about the state funding. I am also a firm believer that things usually happen for a reason though too so hopefully everything works out perfectly for your family.
#70 of 85 Old 12-02-2005, 04:27 PM

Kerri,

I knew exactly when I OV'd (had been charting and tracking CM, etc.) so I just lied and told them the LMP date they'd want to use for a 14day OV, despite me having OV'd later than day 14.

Screw the whole arguing with snotty nurses thing. Been there done that. I know my body best. Oh, I did tell my m/w the true date of my LMP, as well as the true date of OV, and she smiled, nodded and put a check by the "fake" LMP date, so my file would show the right EDD.

Love her.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#71 of 85 Old 12-02-2005, 05:27 PM

Quote:
The most common scenario (and the pattern that my previous pregnancies followed) is for a heavy woman to lose 5-15 pounds (I lost more with my first pregnancy due to hyperemesis) during the first trimester, gain it back during the second and third, and finally deliver within 5-10 pounds of their starting weight.
Interesting- this is pretty much happened to me when I was pregnant with dd. I started out about 20 lbs heavier than I did with this pregnancy, and only gained about 10 lbs total after losing about 15 lbs or so... post partum I quickly (within 2-3 weeks) went down to 15-20 lbs below pre-pregnancy weight, which indicated to me it was a true weight loss that happened while I was pregnant. (Then I lost more weight nursing, but gained it back when dd started eating more solids! *sigh*)

This time around, until recently I had not lost (no MS, no throwing up!) but gained about 9 lbs. So I think the constant MS is what caused my weightloss with dd, plus once that stopped I just *couldn't* eat that much for whatever reason... also all the heartburn. *sigh*

However, peaking of weight loss, I have had an unfortunate bit of weight loss this week... I got the stomach flu and couldn't keep anything down for 24 hours and lost four pounds. I felt horrible, but I'm getting better now. Struggling with lack of appetite and the thought of prenatal vitamins at the moment.

Is anyone else feeling hiccups? I think that I am feeling quite a lot right now!

An extrovert, married to my introverted dh since '01, mothering my girls C (2003) and G (2006).

Love homeschooling, reading, cooking (most of the time grain-free except for when I'm not ), lactivist, former and wanna-be cloth diaperer and baby-wearer...

#72 of 85 Old 12-02-2005, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerriAZ
My blood pressure was a little off - the bottom number. (She didn't tell me what it was, and frankly, I forgot to ask! LOL) Anyway, she said to just watch my salt intake and I should be fine - especially since I have no history of high BP and have never had a high reading...

Kerri
Check out http://www.blueribbonbaby.org/ifyoua...nt/index.shtml

Allison

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#73 of 85 Old 12-02-2005, 09:10 PM

I'm seriously debating having Mike take a belly picture tonight. I wonder if I'd be able to see the baby part at all...

#74 of 85 Old 12-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Do it Rynna!!!

Quote:
Ligament pain- oh, yes. Terribly. When I walk, mostly. I didn't get it at yoga, and I don't get it at the gym on the ellipical runner, but I can't walk more than a couple of minutes, which is driving me nuts.
Mine isn't that bad yet...thank goodness. But every now and again I get up and have the WORST pain - like if I move tooo fast, or I move wrong. YEOUCH!

Currently what is bugging me is the sore pubic bone!!! What the heck is that about? Like sore to the touch? very weird.

Quote:
I talked to her about my due date. She said that since my LMP date and the u/s date were so far off (2 weeks) they would go by the u/s due date. I then told her that I know that I O 3 weeks after AF not the "normal" 2 and she said "AW! That makes more sense to me!" (Which, btw, I had also told hte nurse and shr QUITE SNOTTILY told me "We go by the u/s date, not what the mother 'thinks'." I tried explaining to her that after going through IF I KNEW whenI O'd, but she wouldn't hear it!) She measured me and said that I am measuring at 18 1/2 w, so RIGHT ON where I SAID I should be!! LMBO So, my due date WILL be May 2nd, like *I* was saying! Ha ha ha (In your FACE, nurse! LMBO)
I love this!! I have a had a couple people try and argue with me, or ask me if I was sure - I responded with jeez - do you want to know which HOUR I conceived in? Or where I was when it happened? How about where the embryos were? Cause I can tell you all of that... They usually look at me like I am nuts...and I explain (even though it is in my chart!) that I had IVF and I really do know within hours when everything happened...

I dunno what it was about hitting 20 weeks...but dang, this little girl is all sorts of active now! Tons more than a week ago. It is pretty cool.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#75 of 85 Old 12-02-2005, 09:56 PM

Yeah, the dating stuff. The first doctor I saw tried to tell me off ("you might think you know, but you don't really know, "). Then I saw the guy who would follow me through the pregnancy. He asked, "Why are there three different due dates in your chart, and what is all this stuff about you not being compliant?" I explained to him that I'd been taking my temperature every morning and I knew when I ovulated, so I was using that date instead of my LMP because it would be more accurate (I tend toward early ovulation/short cycles). He said, "Oh, you were doing NFP. Lemme just cross this stuff out then..." I told him when I ovulated and when I was due, and he pulled out his favorite wheel and said that it gave the same date. So my chart has a whole bunch of tense, miserable notes from the first doctor with lines through them and initials from the second. He rocks.

I can't imagine what I'd do if I had to explain that crap at every single appointment! I'd probably lose my mind! I can just see myself exploding on a nurse. As it is, I have to ask for the fat people blood pressure cuff every time (not because I need it right now, I'm in the regular range, but I needed it at the beginning and am likely to at the end, so for the sake of consistancy... ) and it's all I can do to be polite and civil about that. Okay, I guess I can get mean and crazy when the pregnancy hormones start up.

So I'm knitting for the Holiday Helpers thread. It's very cool, I really get a kick out of knitting and it's nice to feel like I'm more than just a drain on the world. I've got about four rows of leg cuff before I've finished my first pair of capris (it's taken me a whole freaking week, because I've been crazy busy!) and I'll take a picture of them tonight, becuase they're cute. I'm going to be able to make a small sized soaker and a doll dress if I can find a pattern, but after that I may be out of wool yarn which is a total bummer, because I'd really like to make some bigger longies for another kid on the list. So, I guess this is a bit of a shameless plug: if anyone here has some heavy worsted/chunky weight wool that they're willing to donate to the cause, in a gender neutral or masculine color, I need 8-12 oz to make a pair of size 2/3T longies for a little boy. I'm a fast knitter, and I know that I've got some yarn around, but a scary amount of it seems to be pink.

#76 of 85 Old 12-02-2005, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Currently what is bugging me is the sore pubic bone!!! What the heck is that about? Like sore to the touch? very weird.
Yeah - I have this too! Very weird! When I went to the chiro the other day & he did my eval, he had me lay on my back and place my hand on my pubic bone then he pressed on my hand to see if that hurt. I was like, HOLY CRAP!!! I knew it hurt there anyway but OMG! Horrendous pain! I'm real sore just above the pubic bone too - ligaments or something I suppose - like especially when I try to change positions in bed or get up. I remember that my pubic bone was sensitive to the touch in my previous pregnancies b/c whenever the mw would measure the height of my fundus it would hurt a little just from the minimal pressure of holding the tape down on the bone. Don't think it was this bad though.

Oh, and I measured my own fundal height last night (I was always right on with the mw's measurement last time so I figured I'd give it a shot). It said 28.5 cm (I'm 21 weeks)!!! Could my separated abs contribute to my immense belly?

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#77 of 85 Old 12-02-2005, 10:44 PM

This reminds me of the Physical Anthropology class I took a few years ago in University: you can tell from a pubic bone of a skeleton if the woman had children or not if the pubic bone had been separated--if there was a place where it had had to shift and then rejoined. Sorry if that is too much info or weird. I have always thought that was cool. So, I suppose our bodies are doing what they have been doing for thousands of years. I imagine it would kill! So far, I have round ligament pain but not the pubic bone stuff.

Mama to bikenew.gifBoots (April 2006) and Bolt.gifPebbles (November 2008).Wife to :treehugger.gif and mama to angel3.gifHeather, October 2003

#78 of 85 Old 12-02-2005, 11:14 PM

I'm excited because I think my DH might actually get to go to my midwife appt. on Tues. It is his only day off in 10 days. It would be nice if he actually met the midwives before the birth.
I asked him the other night if he could catch the baby if the midwife didn't make it and he looked very concerned. I don't think he is as prepared as I'd like him to be. My last birth was 35 mintues so you think he would see the possibility.
I think we have finally settled on a name. It has been so tough for us. I change my mind often because DH hasn't really been helpful. But I think we've got it this time.
I do sometimes feel like I am weird because I've already gained 20 + pounds. Everyone thinks that I am further along than I am. Someone asked me if I had a couple months to go and I thought yeah if 4 is a couple. Kind of tired of the whole weight thing.
Oh no I'm babbling.
Sorry. I'll end this now.
#79 of 85 Old 12-03-2005, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighten
Kerri,

I knew exactly when I OV'd (had been charting and tracking CM, etc.) so I just lied and told them the LMP date they'd want to use for a 14day OV, despite me having OV'd later than day 14.

Yup, me too. I was having a super long cycle (thought it was actually going to be anovulatory) when surprise - o'd on day 45 or something like that! Anyhow, I didn't figure it was worth the trouble of bringing in my charts even though it was obvious the exact day we conceived. So, move the LMP back 2 weeks from there and keep the little wheel happy My MW's are great and would've gone with the conception date but I'm really in the mode of keeping things simple lately

Jessica, CNM placenta.gif+ DH geek.gif + sweet boy (4/06) jog.gif
#80 of 85 Old 12-03-2005, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

I was the exact opposite way. I ovulated on like cd11 or something like that. I tend to only have a 22-23 day cycle so I just left it alone because I wanted the extra time for the baby to cook My due date by my chart is like 5 days earlier then the dr.s due date.
#81 of 85 Old 12-04-2005, 05:59 PM

Hi ladies,

I know I haven't posted since the last week of Oct. So, here I am my computer had a really bad virus and we had to re-boot the whole thing and then I was gone off and on and had a hard time catching up with all my e-mails.

I am 21 weeks today and have been feeling baby kick a lot on and off, but I think it's been sleeping a lot too. I also have news of maybe carrying twins. Twins?!?!?!? I know I couldn't believe it either. I was measuring 3 weeks ahead at my last appt. and my next appt. is tomorrow and we will see if I'm still measuring ahead. I did chart so I know exactly when I O'd so I know it's not a case of not knowing when I conceived and being off so were very excited about all this. My MIL is coming to our appt. with us tomorrow, since she is excited to find out the news also and this is her first grandchild(ren).

Anyways, hope everyone is doing well during thier second trimester. I will definately update everyone on whether we hear two heartbeats tomorrow.

Cathy

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#82 of 85 Old 12-04-2005, 09:10 PM

Cathy - do they think you might be carrying twins based on you measuring ahead or are there other reasons? I ask because I'm measuring ahead too (about 7 1/2 weeks - maybe 5 1/2 if you take off a couple since this isn't my first baby). Anyway, I'm *hoping* I'm carrying twins but won't know for sure. I have heard that it's pretty hard to detect twins based on hearing 2 heartbeats, particularly in same-sex twins (their hb's tend to sync up). This happened to a friend of mine - they only verified twins after doing an u/s around 34 weeks! Anyway, nice to hear your update. Let us know what happens tomorrow!!!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#83 of 85 Old 12-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Okay...which one of you was going to the KC/Broncos game this weekend???? :

I am jealous that you got to go...but severly that the Broncos lost. Grrrr....

Pregnant hormones + football= lots of yelling at the tv.

#84 of 85 Old 12-04-2005, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Pregnant hormones + football= lots of yelling at the tv.
Imagine my dismay...I'm an Eagles fan!

#85 of 85 Old 12-05-2005, 10:00 AM

Good to hear from you Cathy, let us know how your appointment goes

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page