The cute things toddlers say - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-01-2005, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday dd and I were snuggled up on the couch, and she put her head on my belly and said, " I love mommy's belly." A couple of minutes later, she said "I love mommy's baby."

I thought I would just die. She is so cute. Sigh.
#2 of 9 Old 12-01-2005, 05:15 AM

Oh how beautiful I would have been in tears
#3 of 9 Old 12-01-2005, 01:54 PM

That's cute! Yesterday in the bath (together) my DD kept commenting on the baby in my belly, and would say "HUUUUG" and wrap her little arms around my belly sideways (so not around my waist, just around the baby) and give the baby a hug. She loves the baby already. I know they're going to be pals.
#4 of 9 Old 12-01-2005, 04:00 PM

My dd's have lately taken to hugging & kissing the baby (who they now refer to as "Baby Apple") before bedtime. My oldest will sometimes say that she just needs to talk to the baby for a little bit and she'll push on my belly and tell the baby to kick. My youngest (who just turned 2) will occassionally out-of-the-blue hug & kiss my belly. It's so endearing! My older dd was about 1/2 a year older than my younger one when I was pregnant with her but she has developmental delays and didn't seem to know that I was pregnant (or what that meant) so this is really special for me - like I'm experiencing pregnancy with an older sibling for the first time. Kids are great!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#5 of 9 Old 12-01-2005, 04:17 PM

My dd hugs my tummy and kisses it, and talks to her sibling already. She has even 'showed' the baby some of the clothes we had downstairs packed away for a new baby, and some baby toys.
Dd is going to be a GREAT big sister, and I think they'll get along very well. After all, they're going to be sharing my boobies...

Single mama to a 5yo and 8yo

#6 of 9 Old 12-01-2005, 05:33 PM

My dd is a bit younger than your dc, but she cracks me up when I talk to her about the baby. She likes to wave and say 'hi baby!' and give my belly kisses. Its really sweet even though I don't think she really gets it

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#7 of 9 Old 12-01-2005, 06:34 PM

My DD has been really excited to give the new baby her tights. Don't ask why its tights. LOL. So she was going through her drawer and taking out the nice ones and folding them for baby and I said what if baby is a boy and my DD said then we will save them for the NEXT one. I was like oh, okay what next one.
Allison

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#8 of 9 Old 12-02-2005, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Aren't they sweet? Ugh, it kills me. I'm getting so emotional in my old age.

On a funny note, when we told dd she was going to have a little brother, she asked "what about a little girl?" for maybe the next week.
#9 of 9 Old 12-02-2005, 06:15 AM

They're so adorable!

Last week, BeanBean and BooBah were playing quietly together when I heard lots of giggles. I turned around to see BeanBean standing by his sister, who was lying on the toddler bed with her shirt up. BeanBean was holding the yellow cone from that Fisher Price stacking toy with rings against BooBah's belly, and tilting his head toward it. He smiled and said, "Listen, that's the baby!" then he'd move it a bit and they'd both laugh uproariously. It was the cutest thing that I've ever seen!

BeanBean is totally obsessed with how this baby is going to come out. He likes to talk about how he came out and then BooBah came out and the new baby will come out "and then your boobs will be full of milk, right?" Such a love! BooBah just likes to rub my belly and ask, "brover?" Super cute!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page