eyes are definitely bigger than the stomach today - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-02-2005, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Soooo, I'm thinking I'll make myself a very healthy salad for lunch, I feel pretty hungry-how about a BIG salad...how about some baby spinach and broccoli with annie's balsamic vinegarette. I like to know what I'm eating so I measured out 2 cups of raw spinach and 2.5 cups of raw broccoli and 2 tbs. dressing.

well,maybe if i'd had cheese,eggs, bacon bits, Full-fat Ranch dressing, knix the broccoli, lots of green olives, hell knix the spinach, give me some iceberg lettuce, this would have been totally feasible...OMG, though...to each that much green, I feel like a friggin' cow, I literally was choking down the last 2-3 big chunks of broccoli down that didn't have dressing left for them....but alas, I did it and 9 grams of protein later, I feel like superwoman!

ps...my daughter had grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch....wish I'd have joined her.

sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#2 of 3 Old 12-02-2005, 04:22 PM

I keep wanting to eat HUGE meals but I can't fit it all in I try -- but I get so full and I'm still hungry, Never ever have I felt that before. It's bizarre and cruel! But I just fold up whatever I'm eating and wait about 30 minutes....or maybe an hour. And have a second go at it. (I've taken to calling myself a hobbit -- second breakfast time!)

But good for you with the greenery! I'm munching down on Wheat Thins and proud because the bag of chocolates were beckoning....

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#3 of 3 Old 12-02-2005, 05:40 PM

Wow, recovering from a stomach bug I have like NO appetite. I was proud of myself to finishing (most) of a piece of toast! I would have run the other way if I had seen that salad!

An extrovert, married to my introverted dh since '01, mothering my girls C (2003) and G (2006).

Love homeschooling, reading, cooking (most of the time grain-free except for when I'm not ), lactivist, former and wanna-be cloth diaperer and baby-wearer...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page