When can DH feel the kicking? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 12-04-2005, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 20 weeks now and am feeing my baby moving and kicking all the time. I am wondering when my DH will be able to feel this with his hand.... ?
#2 of 17 Old 12-04-2005, 05:11 PM

I think DH felt baby last weekend, but he was only 60% sure. I look forward to the time when we both really know that he felt it, and I think he does too. I am curious to find out if there is an average time when the kicking becomes noticable to others?

Mama to bikenew.gifBoots (April 2006) and Bolt.gifPebbles (November 2008).Wife to :treehugger.gif and mama to angel3.gifHeather, October 2003

#3 of 17 Old 12-04-2005, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

How many weeks are you?

My DH thought he felt something too, but could have been the power of suggestion!
#4 of 17 Old 12-04-2005, 05:27 PM

My dh felt baby move a couple days before 20 weeks. Two nights before that I had baby kick my hand and I pushed back at it and it kicked a couple more times. My midwife says to drink some juice and w/in a half hour you should be able to get baby to kick your hand. Just be really patient though.

Cathy

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#5 of 17 Old 12-04-2005, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
With dd...DH was for sure able to feel her moving at 18 weeks. This pg...DH was able to feel it for sure around 16 weeks. He can feel it best when I'm laying down in bed. My sister was able to feel the baby kicking at Thanksgiving while I sat at the kitchen table, and I was 21 weeks then.

With both of my babies I was for sure feeling them moving by 12 weeks. Although I gain a lot of weight when I'm pg...I'm normally on the thin side, and I think that might have something to do with it. At least, I've heard that it does and it seems to make sense to me.

Mandy

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#6 of 17 Old 12-04-2005, 09:01 PM

I'm now 21 weeks 2 days, was 20 weeks, 1 day when DH thought he felt babe

Mama to bikenew.gifBoots (April 2006) and Bolt.gifPebbles (November 2008).Wife to :treehugger.gif and mama to angel3.gifHeather, October 2003

#7 of 17 Old 12-04-2005, 09:21 PM

I feel I'm the only one not feeling their baby yet. This is my third and I am 19 weeks and 3 days. with my other two I was feeling them pretty early. I know the baby is fine because of dr appointments and my u/s is tomorrow. I just don't know whats up.
#8 of 17 Old 12-04-2005, 09:53 PM

My dh seems to be able to feel the baby move about 2 weeks after I start to feel it (except this pregnancy, but I think that's b/c I began to feel movements incredibly early so it took him longer than that). It's always been in the evenings when I'm lying down. Pushing on my belly seems to help get him/her moving too (at least it did - hasn't been working for me lately).

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#9 of 17 Old 12-04-2005, 10:15 PM

He could feel her kick at about 21 weeks but he felt body parts (elbow, head, etc.) at about 16 weeks.
#10 of 17 Old 12-04-2005, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm 22 weeks and DH could feel baby moving with his hand at around 19 - 20 weeks. It's such a fun experience to feel it externally as well as internally!
#11 of 17 Old 12-05-2005, 02:02 AM

Sadiebug, don't worry too much. My baby is not kicking all the time like other people's are. I feel him every once in a while, but it's not really increasing any that I can tell. We just need to hang in there and be patient.

Maybe our babes are just going to be pleasantly calm.
#12 of 17 Old 12-05-2005, 09:54 AM

DH felt baby kicking at about 18weeks, we have a very active little bean in here this time
#13 of 17 Old 12-05-2005, 01:54 PM

DH felt the baby move at 20 weeks. Gave him a nice little "thump" on his hand.

Now I love to sit back and watch my belly "pop" in various places, especially in the evenings.
#14 of 17 Old 12-07-2005, 08:42 PM

DH "thinks" he felt something the other day.... but nothing definate yet. I'm 23 weeks. I cant wait to see it! jealous!
#15 of 17 Old 12-08-2005, 01:26 AM

i can feel the baby with my hand but it helps that i know when its happening from the inside too. my DH felt it at thanksgiving so i was 20 weeks i think. my 5 yr old cant wait to feel the baby but is too wiggly, and talks to much to notice that he is kicking her hand. i told her to wait a little while and she will be able to see him move! i cant wait for that!

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
#16 of 17 Old 12-08-2005, 01:50 AM

A couple of weeks ago we were lying in bed in the morning and his arm was against my stomach - baby thumped and he felt it but wasn't ready to believe that's really what he was feeling. Tonight (I'm 21+ weeks) we were sitting on the couch and he had his hand on my belly...I gave a little shove from the other side and baby landed a direct hit right in his palm He gasped and his whole face lit up...this is so much fun

Jessica, CNM placenta.gif+ DH geek.gif + sweet boy (4/06) jog.gif
#17 of 17 Old 12-08-2005, 02:37 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
DH felt baby kick about 4 days ago. I will be 21 weeks tomorrow.

I can see the harder kicks from the outside now.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page