has your belly button 'popped' yet? (TMI??) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-04-2005, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think my belly button is about to pop by about the end of December, by my newbie guess (I have never been this pregnant before!) The uterus is about 2 cm above the button, and the button is shallower than I have ever seen it ( I have always been an innie)! it feels both fun and is also a confirmation that 'someone' changing my body from the inside out (and therefore exciting and a little scary)!

Anyone else want to share their experiences?

Mama to bikenew.gifBoots (April 2006) and Bolt.gifPebbles (November 2008).Wife to :treehugger.gif and mama to angel3.gifHeather, October 2003

#2 of 10 Old 12-05-2005, 02:07 AM

Mine will be popping this month, I think. Not yet though. And frankly I wouldn't mind if the tummy growth part slowed down a bit. I think it has, since I popped really early for some odd reason.
#3 of 10 Old 12-05-2005, 03:15 AM

Mine didn't even really pop with ds - the top half kinda popped, the bottom half just got a little shallower. So I'm not expecting it to fully pop this time either.

Wife to an amazing hubby, mother hen to four chicken3.gif 
(If you're curious, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2010, and yes, it's a busy house)
#4 of 10 Old 12-05-2005, 03:18 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
It's doing something. dunno if it will pop or flatten...we will see. Probably by the first of the year it will have changed significantly

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#5 of 10 Old 12-05-2005, 09:52 AM

Mine popped about 5 weeks ago ! A LOT earlier than with DSs pregnancy I see my midwife thursday so it will be interesting to see how I'm measuring
#6 of 10 Old 12-05-2005, 01:54 PM

I have a deep 'innie' belly button and so, even though I was pretty big, mine never popped! It just flattened out! LOL That is probably what will happen again this time!!

Kerri

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
: Proud Momma to Katelyn (4-02), Calvin (4-06), and Ashley (7-08) :
#7 of 10 Old 12-05-2005, 02:47 PM

Mine never really officially 'popped' in my first pregnancy. I do remember alot of itchy, tight skin around it at about this point last time (I guess I'm stretched out enough that won't happen this time ). I have a really deep belly button but it did get super shallow/fairly flat by the end. There was a few times that with shift in the baby's position that it would pop out (wow was that freaky!) but it wasn't like that all the time. My uterus is measuring a little behind (still within normal limits, and I'm sure on my EDD because of charting and early u/s) so I'm not really having any belly button issues yet. Its definitely shallower though!

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#8 of 10 Old 12-05-2005, 03:00 PM

This is my first pregnancy where my belly button fully popped (and it pretty much popped by 14 weeks!). With my other 2 (successful) pregnancies, it did the half pop thing (top half popped, bottom half kinda flattened out). I attribute my extreme poppieness to my separated ab muscles (it's pretty bad I think).

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#9 of 10 Old 12-05-2005, 03:09 PM

What is belly button "popping"? Never heard of this, i'm 38 weeks and my button is pretty flat. There was a short time when it was poking out sometimes, but it stays flat now. Can anyone explain?
#10 of 10 Old 12-06-2005, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnieTurnedOuttie
What is belly button "popping"? Never heard of this, i'm 38 weeks and my button is pretty flat. There was a short time when it was poking out sometimes, but it stays flat now. Can anyone explain?

*giggles* Well, given your screen name, I'd say that's an ironic post

Mine hasn't popped out yet (turned from an innie to an outie), though it's widened quite a bit....

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page