December 5th - 11th Updates - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 70 Old 12-10-2005, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
aprilushka- Yes, this is one of the things my midwife says it could have been. I finally broke donw and called her yesterday. I have another in front of my ear. I keep feeling it everyday to see if it has gone down in size yet. It feels like it today. She told me to take 2000mgs of panothenic acid and to put alternating fungus cream and neosporin on the one that looks awful. It burns and itches now. It looks so terrible though. It is dime size and I feel like everyone is looking at it. But also at the same time I broke out in this rash in the crease of my elbow. It looks like what I used to get when I carried hay with bare arms, but I've always had long sleeves a sweatshirt and heavy jacket on lately when I put hay out for the goats. So, I don't know if it's associated with the other things on my face or what, but man they itch like crazy. I've never had so many skin related problems in my life.

Anyway, baby has been kicking like crazy the last 3 days. I played with it this morning before I got out of bed. I poked and it kicked back several times. Really cool when you can interact with them.

Cathy

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#62 of 70 Old 12-10-2005, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathysteck

Anyway, baby has been kicking like crazy the last 3 days. I played with it this morning before I got out of bed. I poked and it kicked back several times. Really cool when you can interact with them.

Cathy
Hee Hee i was doing that last night. I cant decide if he's playing with me or I'm bugging him Its cool to see my tummy moving all over the place now as he moves. I still cant feel body parts when I push on him though. I think my extra padding is making that harder this time.
#63 of 70 Old 12-11-2005, 09:19 PM

Is anyone else having a blah day? I'm just don't want to do anything today. This may be TMI, but I think part of it is my dh doesn't want to have sex with me b/c he thinks about the baby now. I feel huge, but I want him to want me. Is anyone else having this problem, this is our first baby so that is probably why, but I'm feeling a little unwanted at the moment. Maybe it's hormones too. Sigh...... I made him read the section in my pregnancy book by Dr. Sears where it addresses these issues to men, but it's not helping anymore.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#64 of 70 Old 12-11-2005, 11:37 PM

For some reason this past week I've been exhausted -- not sleeping well and I feel bigger, even though am measuring the same (at least around the poofiest part of my tum -- not sure about lengthwise) -- but I feel bigger, a lot bigger, and sort of all the sudden-like. Anyone else having this?

Oh, and stupid question but can relaxin (or whatever) make your legs get sore just from sleeping?

I woke up with really sore thighs yesterday and I did absoultely nothing at all the day before, that I can recall, that was out of the ordinary. But it's hurt liek crazy going up and down stairs past two day.

Oh, and my face had started breaking out again but the I realized it was because I accidentally bought the lotiony kleenex ugh. Used nearly a whole box before I realized what I'd done.

Pulled out the humidifier this week too -- I'm not sure my sinuses have ever been this dried out....thank heavens for plain old saline nose spray.

Two weeks 'til Christmas! Oh boy, I've got stuff to do *laughs*

Night all -- hope everyone has a good week!

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#65 of 70 Old 12-12-2005, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Is anyone else having a blah day? I'm just don't want to do anything today. This may be TMI, but I think part of it is my dh doesn't want to have sex with me b/c he thinks about the baby now. I feel huge, but I want him to want me. Is anyone else having this problem, this is our first baby so that is probably why, but I'm feeling a little unwanted at the moment. Maybe it's hormones too. Sigh...... I made him read the section in my pregnancy book by Dr. Sears where it addresses these issues to men, but it's not helping anymore.
Actually, yeah and I'm a little PO'd at DH b/c the second time around he should know better, but he has these wierd Russian cultural fears I think he's had a hard time getting over (a lot of people over there still think it can hurt the baby).

It was like 3 weeks at one point, I was having erotic dreams every night (sorry for the TMI) and I had to drop hints for a few days straight, geez. Part of the problem is we don't go to bed at the same time and I'm almost always asleep by the time he comes to bed, but when it gets to be long enough, I'm like yo, wake me up, really! Unfortunately for physiological reasons I don't enjoy it as much as non pregnant, but I still need it for God's sake. I'm 13-14 pounds up but I'm not THAT much bigger than my normal self.

Sorry, guess I've been waiting for a while to get that one off my chest.
#66 of 70 Old 12-12-2005, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Yeah, I've had this problem ever since I told him I was pregnant. I'm ok about it, though because he does make the effort to still make me feel special even if we're not on the same schedule we used to be on. Honestly I don't find it that easy anyways now that I'm big. Hehe.

Hopefully he's still telling you all the good things he likes about you and giving you affection even if it's not completely what you want. That seems to help a lot for me. Sometimes I think it's better. Cause I don't have to work so hard.
#67 of 70 Old 12-12-2005, 03:34 PM

Wow... I think I'd probably kick Mike. Our biggest problem is that we never both seem to be awake while the kids are both asleep... It's not going to hurt the baby, it's just fine... but perhaps you could ask a question on the "I'm Pregnant" board? I'd be shocked if nobody else had had to explain this to their husbands...

I'm having a crappy day, too. I'm just so irritated with the kids, everything that they do just drives me up a wall. I can't take it anymore! I just want to be left alone for a few hours without any major destruction happening.

I'm going to do laundry tonight, even though Monday night is the *worst* night to go to the freaking laundromat. We have no choice; we've got cloth diapers and tons of laundry everywhere (my son threw a nearly-full gallon of lemonade down the freaking steps, just to PISS ME OFF, I'm sure ). Yesterday I was in too much pain, because we spent the day looking at washers and dryers. We found a really nice washing machine and a dryer that was on clearance because it was a floor model of a discontinued one, and it would have been doable between the 10% off for a new credit card and the week of vacation that Mike cashed in and the tax rebate coming in the spring... but Mike didn't qualify for the credit card, so we're pretty much out of luck. It was very depressing, and of course I'm irritated and bummed, but Mike was absolutely heartbroken and very upset, because his credit has only recently become bad (he's got some medical bills that are now seriously overdue). So I couldn't really say that much or just burst into tears, because Mike was on the verge of tears himself and that would have been too much, but I felt like i was miserable and tired and in pain for absolutely nothing at all...

Anyway, I'm going to the laundromat tonight even though it will piss me off even more; it will be full, crowded full of people, I won't get to watch what I want on television (or even anything half-way decent; what is it with the that people watch, anyway?!), I don't have a CD player or anything like that, so I can't just block it out and I'll probably have to listen to something that makes me angry and depressed like Special Victims or the Idiots On Parade Show... oh wait, that's the news. : :

Argh. I'm ticked off for no reason at all... or maybe for every reason. Yuck.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#68 of 70 Old 12-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Rynna. That sucks.

I am here....and apparently have a cold...or allergies, or something. I am totally stuffed up. It is bad. Or it just may be that my nose and sinuses dried out last night and now are freaking out.

I dunno, I just want it to stop. At least it is moving now - as opposed to last night when it just felt like someone had put glue in my nose.
And to top it all off....I am a mouth breather, always have been, and last night my gums dried out....behind my front teeth (this happens sometimes) and cracked...and bled.

My entire mouth was black this morning, my throat hurt, super gross!

sigh...maybe I will go back to bed.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#69 of 70 Old 12-12-2005, 04:47 PM

I think he "knows" it won't hurt the baby from an intellectual standpoint, but like a lot of ingrained cultural stuff, it's in your subconscious and hard to get past totally.

It could be something else though -- 7 year blahs maybe, and even if I tried to be Ms Sexy it probably wouldn't work because I think in his mind sexy and pregnant don't really go to together, even if sex is technically okay.

Ach, now I'm really feeling blah.
#70 of 70 Old 12-13-2005, 01:56 AM

Rynna, I keep hoping I win the lottery because if I do, I'm mailing your ass a washer and dryer. I'm serious. It makes me to read your posts because I think of the house I sold a few years back and I left a washer and dryer there. I wish I hadn't now, cuz I'd have an extra.

<big hugs>

Lord but my sinuses hurt!! Anyone recommend a good a humidifier/vaporizer thingy? The one I have barely works -- it's really old. It's more like it tries to work or thinks about it then decides nah, I'm too tired, -- here's a little spittle of pretend mist.... (Adina I'm sorry about your throat -- it sounds horrible. Have you tried a humidifier? I'm miserable but at least I'm not sick. Just head aches a lot from the dry air.)

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page