Can't Sleep...Clowns Will Eat Me - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-07-2005, 03:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else having horrific nightmares lately?

I used to watch all the L&O series, CSI, etc., but when I found out I was pg, I stopped.

But last night I had two nightmares in a row -- both of which were too horrible to make it to a TV show, even the gross parts of SVU.

Anyone else having terrible dreams?

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2005, 04:36 AM

The title of your post made me laugh out loud .

Oh, totally, the crazy dreams. Extremely real and terrifying. Have them all the time. I think it's common in pregnancy. I also have found that some sleep disorder stuff (like sleep paralysis) has come back to haunt me, although some may be due to difficulty breathing when sleeping due to the stuffy nose problem. I think pregnancy is very, very bad for sleeping, in oh so many ways.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:38 AM

"Can't sleep. Clown will eat me"

:
Old 12-07-2005, 05:04 AM

When I was pregnant with my first dd I had a dream that my two brothers were dressed as members of this rock band named ICP and they wear evil clown maskes. Anyway I was sleeping and they came a took the baby from my stomache. It was horrible and blooody and terrifing like it was really happening. This best week I had a dream that I was controlled by and witch and if I put my finger in this small hole in the wall I would pass through the other side to heaven and visit family members. The weird thing is that when I passed through the wall it was like pink marshmellow/cotton candy that I could actually feel against my face! I think it has something to do with when the baby passes in the birth canal what I think it would feel like.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:40 AM

I'm not having nightmares, but I keep dreaming about my ex-boyfriend from college that I haven't seen in years. I can't figure out what in my subconscious would be brining him up now!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:33 PM

I haven't had any nightmares, but OH MY GOSH the weird dreams!! And I have also been dreaming about people from the past! (And a lot of these are sexual! : )

Kerri

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
: Proud Momma to Katelyn (4-02), Calvin (4-06), and Ashley (7-08) :
Old 12-07-2005, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerriAZ
I haven't had any nightmares, but OH MY GOSH the weird dreams!! And I have also been dreaming about people from the past! (And a lot of these are sexual! : )

Kerri
OMG! Me too! :

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

Old 12-07-2005, 04:25 PM

I have weird/scary dreams when pg too. Latest is not scary but I go into labor and don't know it and suddenly baby is crowing. I yell for my DD to help as no one else is home but the kids and I. Well babies kept coming. When I finally woke up there were babies everywhere, in the bed, the carseats, son's crib, the bassinet, both DD and DS were holding one and then finally MW and DH arrive. I don't know what it it but I just have weird dreams.
Allison

Allison wife and mom to four. 

Old 12-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Yep - latest dream was about surviving a building collapsing, with only my cat and my best friend from grade school.

They aren't really nightmares though - most of my dreams aren't. Just sorta stories that I watch.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 12-07-2005, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwaddellr
I'm not having nightmares, but I keep dreaming about my ex-boyfriend from college that I haven't seen in years. I can't figure out what in my subconscious would be brining him up now!
Me too! I'm dreaming that I can't figure out if the baby is my DH's or my old childhood friend's (with whom I kissed one time just before DH and I got together and it ruined our friendship). I keep dreaming I need to sort stuff out with him, 7 years later!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:59 PM

I have the worst dreams of old boyfriends and people from school coming into my dreams that I haven't thought about in a long time and all of a sudden in my dreams these emotions for these people seem so strong until I wake up. And nightmares, I hate them. The last real scary one was somebody was shooting at me and then raped me. I don't know about clowns eating me though that sounds really wierd. LOL.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

Old 12-08-2005, 02:19 AM - Thread Starter

(The clowns will eat me thing wasn't actually a dream I had, it's an old kinda silly but scary reference...oh nvm. I'm old. :P)

Well I've had dreams of being kidnapped and the people wanted to cut the baby out of me, but the other night's dreams topped it all -- they were of horrid things you'd see on the Special Victims Unit L&O show (I won't even go into detail -- they are unspeakable -- I can't believe my mind went there).

Sure I've had a few sex dreams but those don't stick with me in great detail -- they are more fuzzy and I forget them. The bad dreams wake me up -- I wake up saying NO! Or moaning or something, and covered in sweat even though we keep our room cool.

And last night I couldn't sleep at all. It was nearly 5:00 when I finally fell asleep and I woke up when DH left for work at 7, then slept for like maybe one more hour then had to get up for work myself.

And I'm wide awake now, but my head's wanting to hurt from lack of sleep. I don't do caffeine and we have a good comfy bed. I think I was afraid to sleep, actually. That last nightmare really shook me up -- it was about a little girl being attacked and I'm pg with a little girl.

It makes me hurt just to think about it

Tell me it's just the crazy hormones or something and not some kind of freakishly horrid clairvoyance or whatever. This is my first pg and though I've always had very vivid dreams, these are honestly some of the scariest I've ever experienced. It was horrible

Old 12-08-2005, 02:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
They're talking about dreams on the March DDC and one person has a theory about why: the levels of chemicals in our brains that influence dreams are higher when we are pregnant...
Old 12-08-2005, 04:34 PM

I had some disturbing dreams in the first trimester. Oh, and I had a dream that Orlando Bloom was the father of my baby (and I am not in to him at all!). Now they're still bizzare but more innocent.

I have noticed that lately, I have been waking up about three or four times in the middle of the night. (Before pregnancy, I was a very sound sleeper. I have slept through some of the loudest thunderstorms you can imagine!) I'm wondering why this is. I started to feel the baby kicking just recently, too. Is he waking me up with kicks and movement? At least I am able to fall right back asleep, and I still feel reasonably well-rested in the morning. Is this nature's way of preparing me for late night feedings?

Hannah
edd 4/19/06
Old 12-09-2005, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter

So I had a doctor's appt today and I admitted this horrible nightmare I'd had to her and she was soooo good, and kindly suggested that perhaps I was concerned about some aspect of the birth process? And I told her I was terrified of an episiotomy. Moreso than a C-section. She asked why and I told her they had done that to my mom and cut her muscles in her rectum and it has caused her problems her entire life.

The doctor proceeded to point out that perhaps the fact that I feared having someone violate my private area was the culprit behind the SVU-type nightmare I witnessed, and not my brain being horribly twisted afterall.

I was floored! She's so right! And the fact that my regular midwife has been on maternity leave for the last few months and I've been seeing an interim one, nor I have not talked about my episiotomy fear with because she won't be there at the birth -- well, all that means I've bottled up that fear and it's probably been festering in my subconscious all this time. No wonder I had a viscious nightmare!

I'm so glad my m/w is coming back in January

Old 12-09-2005, 04:29 AM

SVU actually began running while I was pregnant with BeanBean, iirc. I couldn't have been paid enough to watch it. I've seen two episodes, and I saw both of them by accident (once I thought it was regular L&O, the other time I thought it was CI). I never deliberately watch the show, and whenever my mother turns it on at her house I ask her to please wait until the kids and I have left the room. I just can't handle that stuff anymore.

I have nightmares, too. I've had several nightmares involving my older children being kidnapped and otherwise harmed during this pregnancy. I've had relatively few sex dreams this time around, though. The funniest sex dreams I had were when I was pregnant with BeanBean, because they rarely involved sex... like, I had one where Eminem brought me my favorite entree and dessert from the Olive Garden and then sat on my bed and folded laundry while I ate it. : It was *definately* a sex dream, I woke up feeling all hot and heavy and everything, but there was no sex involved... only food and laundry. I still crack up laughing when I think about it!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 12-09-2005, 12:43 PM

I've been dreaming about running the Amazing Race a lot, and having sex with my co-workers. Eww!

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
Old 12-09-2005, 04:53 PM

Haha, Rynna! I love the eminem dream. So what's your favorite dessert? I have been craving panna cotta so badly.

I had a few pretty bad (mostly just weird (ohhhweeeoohh) dreams in the first trimester). Mostly about maps, water (lakes and waterfalls), and people that didn't speak English. I realise this was just me try to learn about birthing, trying to connect with the people in my blood line before me. And I wanted them to give me secrets.

Right before I got pregnant though, about 2 months prior, I had this horrible horrible dream that a witch was chasing me through a mansion and I was holding my swaddled baby in my arms trying to get away from her. She was evil. Eventually she caught me and stole my baby from me. She told me it wasn't the right baby/right time and she took him from me because she needed it. I woke up so scared and upset and told me husband. He responded that this is a recurring theme people have through different cultures. But I was so convinced too that I was pregnant at the time but couldn't do any of the tests yet. I felt like this dream was a dream telling me I was losing a baby (early miscarriage). I am still convinced that I lost a baby and just "knew" even if I couldn't test for it.

Lately though in the second trimester my dreams have been really cheesy, happy, and goofy. I had a dream that the baby had just been born and I was nursing him. It just worked and was so fufilling.

I also had a dream last night that there was an ogre stealing fruit. He tried to steal fruit from me, and I told him he couldn't have it. He got really sad, told me he wasn't an ogre, he was just an ugly human, and that his father had passed away and given him a fruit business. So I felt bad for him, and gave him my fruit. Hahha! It was like a kids book.

User Tag List