Low baby. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 12-16-2005, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How low can this baby go? I am 25 weeks tommorrow and I swear this baby is so low already. I felt the hiccups in my bottom last night and when I pee it trickles. (Is that too much info for you? ) This is my 4th but I can't remember any of my other little ones being so low so soon. Anyone experience this early on?
#2 of 11 Old 12-16-2005, 11:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I sometimes feel hiccups down there too. But I know it's just the way the baby's laying cause dd was the same way sometimes...and she was breech! Also, I ALWAYS feel like I have to pee. My friends always laugh at me when I'm pg cause when I go shopping the first place I head is the bathroom. If we go to 5 stores, I've peed 5 times! They tell me I'm marking my territory! LOL!

Mandy

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#3 of 11 Old 12-17-2005, 01:17 PM

I think I remember reading that it takes until the third trimester until your uterus reaches full height. I think it is still growing and rising at this point. I remember feeling hiccups low down for a long time with my DD. I didn't feel like she was high until pretty late.

I'm also with you on the always having to pee. Its funny... everytime the baby moves I either have to pee or I have a surge and then I have to pee

#4 of 11 Old 12-17-2005, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I feel like the baby is low, too -- like a little bowling ball in my crotch! This week it was really uncomfortable at times. For a couple of days, I was doing strange contortions every so often (lying on my back and raising my pelvis, or putting pillows under my butt, or Downward Dog) to get it to move up (they worked!) and now it seems to be staying up higher in general. It definitely makes me have to pee more when it's low!

Mary
#5 of 11 Old 12-17-2005, 03:30 PM

Yeah, my baby feels low too... and I generally feel the hiccups down above my pubic bone in the middle.

An extrovert, married to my introverted dh since '01, mothering my girls C (2003) and G (2006).

Love homeschooling, reading, cooking (most of the time grain-free except for when I'm not ), lactivist, former and wanna-be cloth diaperer and baby-wearer...

#6 of 11 Old 12-17-2005, 05:38 PM

Low here as well. Baby A feels nestled smack in the base of my pelvis. Of course, I also had a tag team effort going on yesterday. One babe was pummeling my bladder and the other sat low enough to cover the opening so I couldn't pee. As DS, says Not fun!

Paula
#7 of 11 Old 12-17-2005, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Yeah - this girl just finally moved up a bit. It felt like she was really low until this morning - when she has been slammed up against the top of my uterus, which of course means I can pee, but I can't eat anythign substantial! She was so smooshed up at the top that my tummy was lopsided and DH could see her moving around and kicking. goof ball.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#8 of 11 Old 12-20-2005, 01:48 PM

I feel Luke kicking right in my fanny. Sometimes I think he's going to pop a foot out my rear end. But I always carry low.

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
#9 of 11 Old 12-20-2005, 03:40 PM

Yeah, I feel like I'm carrying low. Sometimes it feels this pressure down there, and I think it's his head. I'm kind of afraid he wants to pop out already.

And I don't know if it was hiccups.... but it was this rhythmic thing, not a cramp - more like a spasm but repeated very far down. I'm embarassed to say it, but it was in my vagina. Didn't hurt. I don't know if it was the baby or if it was just my body freaking out trying to do kegels for me. Maybe I need to strengthen my pelvic floor.

Can anyone offer advice? It was freaking me out last night in the car.

And how do we know what the braxton hicks feel like? Gah, so many questions.
#10 of 11 Old 12-20-2005, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

I always carry low which is why people say," You'll never make it to your due date!" :
#11 of 11 Old 12-20-2005, 04:14 PM

I finally feel like this baby is starting to move up a bit, but last week - I swear it was trying to break out and escape! It had it in for my cervix or something!

And, hairpin, I think I know exactly what you mean about the super low rhythmic spasm (that's actually the sort of thing that made me think that baby was plotting it's escape )! I couldn't imagine that it was hiccups but there was definitely a rhythm to it. It really made me sort of uncomfortable - I'd have to shift and move around to try to get it to stop!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page