Jan 23-29 UPDATES! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 71 Old 01-23-2006, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah i get to start the update thread. i live for this every week!

I dont think i will be able to avoid whining this time. Wednesday afternoon on of my 2 yr olds started vomiting, that evening my 5 yr old started. by the morning they were on the mend, this weekend was my turn and then the last hold out was my other 2 yr old who finally gave in to the dreaded flu BUG! So far my husband is feeling fine and i just hope for his sake he miraculously doesnt get it this time. I am so tired!!! And eventhough i have been getting lots of sleep i am not rested. last night i swear i might not have had one comfortable minute of sleep.

It still feels too early to have this many complaints!! I feel like i am in my last week of pregnancy instead of 10 or more to go. Hopefully everyone else is feeling better and more energized then I am. next week i hope to tell you how well i have bounced back and how much i have gotten done around the house!

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
#2 of 71 Old 01-23-2006, 05:49 PM

I have been in THE BEST mood lately. I had some problems resolved with my little business (just supplier issues), and I'm feeling fabulous. I am enjoying this pregnancy, and am amazed it's nearing an end!
WOW!
I still need to get baby furniture... But I'm excited!
#3 of 71 Old 01-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#4 of 71 Old 01-23-2006, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayathomemommy
Yeah i get to start the update thread. i live for this every week!

I dont think i will be able to avoid whining this time. .....
It still feels too early to have this many complaints!! I feel like i am in my last week of pregnancy instead of 10 or more to go. Hopefully everyone else is feeling better and more energized then I am. next week i hope to tell you how well i have bounced back and how much i have gotten done around the house!
I totally understand!!!!! By the way, I think after the kind of flu you mentioned, you have every right to be whiny.

I hear you about the complaining, though. I have three more months of this, and I feel like I have no energy these days. I have been walking a mile each day, which has helped, but I also feel uncomfortable most of the time. For example, I have a pain on my abdomen, sort of under my breasts and near my ribcage, where I think the top of my uterus sits. It really aches when I stand too much or do too much - it comes and goes but I do feel it everyday at some point during the day. I can't tell if my skin is stretching or if it is muscular. I can't imagine my skin could possibly need to stretch any more, and it does feel more muscular than anything. It has been going on for two weeks now. Sometimes it just aches, a dull ache!!!!

I have an appointment with my midwife on Wednesday, so I will ask her then. I've also had more B-H contractions lately. Sometimes, they really take my breath away and come in bunches, like 10 an hour. Then, I won't feel any for hours at a time. Does this happen to anyone else?

Another complaint is my left eye twitching. I think it is a sign of fatigue, but it drives me nuts.

I am a mess! I have three more months to go. When I mentioned this to a woman at the preschool (how much longer the pregnancy is), she said, "Really? Are you having twins?"
#5 of 71 Old 01-23-2006, 11:19 PM

Went to the chiro today for the first time..I feel so much better. Although she had a hard time adjusting me because I'm so swollen and tight. I have to go back on Wed. for another try. But I'm so glad I went.

My turn to complain...I think I might get a shirt that says "I'm big, I'm low..keep moving". I am so tired of people stopping me to tell me that I'm low or big. I've had several people (strangers) tell me I want make it to my due date. How rude is that.

Anyway..that's the quick update from me.
#6 of 71 Old 01-23-2006, 11:35 PM

We've got the bug going on here, too. DS has been pukey, and now DH isn't feeling so well. I hope I escape it.
I have to do the 3-hr GTT tomorrow. I wish my m/w offered the option of declining it, but she didn't. Oh, well. I had to do the 3-hr with my last pg as well, and passed just fine. It's just going to be a boring morning. I have knitting, a book, and bills to pay, so I guess I'll survive.
We're keeping DS home from preschool tomorrow, so he and DH will spend the morning together at home. If they're both feeling bad, I guess they'll just mope on the couch together.

Other than the sickies, I'm feeling decent. My ribs hurt some, my hip hurts some, but neither is constant or unbearable. I think I have my diaper stash ready for the little guy. DH needs to put another coat of paint on his room, then we'll get things set up.

Has anyone done a sidecar crib arrangement? We had a cosleeper with DS that I didn't really like (he didn't like it either). I thought a sidecar with the crib would make things easier for napping and for the eventual move to sleeping more independently. Thoughts?
DS never slept in his crib. He went straight from cosleeping to his own full-sized mattress, but this time we don't have the luxury of an extra full-sized bed, so the option of crib sleeping would be nice.
#7 of 71 Old 01-23-2006, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

pheobe i am so glad you feel good. later today my dd had gym class and getting out felt so good, tomorrow i am determined to have a wonderful day, get out and let the kids blow off some energy since we have been cooped up with the sickies. and by the looks of it my dh has finally been taken over by the bug too so we will want to get out and let him rest.

Daphnes_mama 10 B-H contractions in one hour?? that is definately something to bring up to your midwife. i have about 10 a day spread out and that feels like a lot. i would definately watch what brings on that many and avoid that activity. i am sure its nothing to worry about but its a good thing you are keeping count.

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
#8 of 71 Old 01-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Well, I am totally healthy, having no real physical problems, occasional b-h - but not many.

However, the house hunting is going so badly...that I have been known to burst into tears. My neighbors are STILL using my w/d, and I am going to kill one of them.

And I started a second job today. My Xmas tree is STILL up, and my house is a mess.

Sigh. So basically I am just whining...:

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#9 of 71 Old 01-24-2006, 12:49 AM

just wanted to say HI! i haven't checked in with you all in ages! i'm feeling great.....a little restless leg syndrome at night and not sleeping great but overall no real complaints. we have officially changed to a homebirth now and i'm getting really excited about it. just praying and visualizing an anterior position this time around.

i'm so over work......can't wait to take my maternity leave. if i didn't have to buy a new air conditioner i'd probably take off sooner. : oh well.....

ds has been so cute....he puts his hand on my belly and says 'now my baby brother won't cry, he knows i'm here...' how sweet!
#10 of 71 Old 01-24-2006, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphnes_mama

I have an appointment with my midwife on Wednesday, so I will ask her then. I've also had more B-H contractions lately. Sometimes, they really take my breath away and come in bunches, like 10 an hour. Then, I won't feel any for hours at a time. Does this happen to anyone else?

Another complaint is my left eye twitching. I think it is a sign of fatigue, but it drives me nuts.

I am a mess! I have three more months to go. When I mentioned this to a woman at the preschool (how much longer the pregnancy is), she said, "Really? Are you having twins?"
I have to say, about the BH- I don't think I"ve had one yet. I'd definitely bring that up, and stop doing anything that could be making your contraction receptors go off (i.e. rasp. leaf tea, etc.) Hopefully it's nothing! How do you know the difference, also, if it's the baby moving in a decidely uncomfortable way, or a BH contraction? Heck, maybe I have had some but just don't know it. I'm inexperienced!!

I just have to say, here, that the eye twich thing- that was one of my main symptoms when I had hypothyroidism. Isn't that odd? As soon as I started on synthroid, it went away. Mabye there is no connection, but thought I would bring it up, if you've never been tested/etc/whatever. (my symptoms were eye twitch, my eyes would also sort of ZOOM AROUND really quickly just a tiny bit when I was really tired, like a muscle spasm, and my arms would fall asleep all the time. And that's all. ) -j
#11 of 71 Old 01-24-2006, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayathomemommy
Daphnes_mama 10 B-H contractions in one hour?? that is definately something to bring up to your midwife. i have about 10 a day spread out and that feels like a lot. i would definately watch what brings on that many and avoid that activity. i am sure its nothing to worry about but its a good thing you are keeping count.
You know, after I posted this, I wondered if maybe I was exaggerating. It looks as if I might be a bit! I timed my B-H contractions tonight, and I am having about 6-7 an hour. THey don't last long and aren't really painful. But they are noticeable. I think I can wait to mention it to the midwife on Wednesday. Like I said, I will go hours and hours and not have any.

I just have this small fear I am going to have bed rest this time. I hope that doesn't happen!
#12 of 71 Old 01-24-2006, 03:59 AM

I went to my 28 week midwife appt. today. Did I say how much I love her! She is just awesome. So, I guess I have more b/h contractions than I thought since I had two while I was in her office. One when I got up on her exam table and she told me I was having one and she couldn't feel the baby b/c my uterus was too hard and then one when I felt my belly sitting on the couch. So, they are really not very noticeable, atleast to me, but I'm having them. Then she measured me at 30 weeks, but she said she felt a small head (yeah) at the bottom. I want a baby around 6 lbs and that would be great! I have small hips. I thought I was feeling fingers or something at the bottom of my uterus tickling me, but she said it is most likely the head rotating around. I'm probably feeling the nose and ears. My hair started to shed so she told me to take more folic acid and I've also been having leg cramps so I'm taking more calcium for those.

Baby has been having hiccups about once a day. Really cool! I'm looking for a Born at Home t-shirt and found the one I think I'm going to get. http://www.wearsthebaby.com/shopping/bah.html Other than that I'm just trying to get as much done as I can before the babe gets here, like making address labels for baby announcements.

Other than that having the occasional grump moment and get tired easily.

Hope all the sickies get better, that definately does not sound like fun. Take it easy.

Cathy

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#13 of 71 Old 01-24-2006, 04:36 AM

I'm feeling bigger. Tying my shoes is becoming annoying, and since there's a few inches of slush on the ground, wearing flip-flops outside the house isn't an option. So I only put my shoes on once a day if we're leaving the house.

I'm on the lookout for 0/3 and 3/6mo sized t-shirts since we're using cloth diapers and I just don't want to deal with onesies much this time around. It's like finding a unicorn, especially at the price I'd prefer to pay.

Dh keeps having to go out of town for work, leaving me waddling after my toddler by myself. I've told dh and his bosses that if I end up having this baby by myself with just the midwives because dh is out of town for work, I'll be expecting a $20K bonus at the end of the year. (they've had this bad habit in the last 2 years of last-minute scheduling dh on out-of-town on-site stuff on our birthdays, anniversaries, federal holidays, etc.)

I'm also really slacking on crocheting up newborn woolies. I really need to get on top of that. I just keep thinking 'oh, I've got plenty of time.'
And I'm getting excited about the prospect of a *fun* baby shower this time, and think I've finished tweaking our registry (just diapering stuff with a few mei tais thrown in just in case someone's feeling generous).

Cathy - When I was 37 weeks with ds, I felt tickles/kicks on the right side of my pubic bone, real down low, and then kicks/tickles high up in my ribcage on the right. Ob kinda freaked and made me get an ultrasound to make sure ds wasn't breech. He was head down and entertaining himself by tickling me in front of his face and then trying to kick out a few ribs for alternate entertainment. So it very well could be little fingers.

Lanna

Wife to an amazing hubby, mother hen to four chicken3.gif 
(If you're curious, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2010, and yes, it's a busy house)
#14 of 71 Old 01-24-2006, 06:46 AM

Haven't been here in a while but thought I'd post an update.

Like stayathome, I'm in major complaining mode. I wish I weren't. I try not to be. But sweet jimminey cricket do I hurt. Ribs, belly, pelvis: I'm more aware of parts of my body than I have ever been. And they all hurt. I'm trying to finish one last work project before I stop and it's a definate race to the finish line. Body wants to hunker down and cocoon up and mind wants to finish what I started.

That said, I keep getting clean bills of health from the doctor so that's a good thing. Baby B flipped from breech to head down beating out his brother for the spot of Baby A (fighting already. Eek!). So now they're both head down which is fantastic news. DS was sunny-side up so as much as I love my recliner I'm staying far away from it in hopes that these guys keep their noses facing backwards.

I have a lot of stuff to do outside the house but seeing as we're in the middle of an artic chill sent express from Moscow (-30 Celcius) , I'm trying to stay inside where possible.

Hope the sickies leave everyone alone as we enter the home stretch!
#15 of 71 Old 01-24-2006, 07:51 AM

Trying to get things done around the house in a timely manner and keeping up with the housework is becoming so hard while I waddle around. By the end of the day, my feet hurt soo much that it literally takes me hours to sleep from the pains I feel from my feet, thighs and back. I feel like there is something being sucked out from my bones like I have rheumatism or something...oooh its awful. Sometimes I take tylenol and it helps a bit with the aches.

I also have trouble breathing eventhough my baby is breech...I am not sure if that is the right term because he is not feet down but he is sitting horizontally in my tummy...what do they call that? I feel kicking on the left and right side of my tummy. I hope that he flips soon.

I am soo heavy that I feel disgusted of myself and its hard to deal with everything around you including dh, dds' and ds...oh well times flying I can't believe I have gotten this far so quickly.

Momma to GG (dd - 14 yrs old), Active (ds - 10 yrs old), Toon (dd - 8 years old), Olive (ds - 5 years old), Princess (dd - 4 years old) and babyboy.gif Keemo (ds - 24 days old)

#16 of 71 Old 01-24-2006, 11:30 AM

My turn to moan a little-- got my I think 4th cold of this pregnancy with perhaps a genuine sinus infection this time (grrr) which hopefully will resolve on its own. I could only lie around Sunday and yesterday barely made it through the day at work due to feeling totally wiped and had to lie on the floor three times to rejuvinate (if it had been more than fatigue I would have gone home, but I need every one of my sick days for maternity leave ). I got extra sleep last night and think I'm on the mend though not 100% and baby is not moving much today which always worries me that my colds are actually some dreadful bacterial infection, though I don't have an internal alarm really going off and I didn't have a fever, so it's probably just an "off" day for baby. DH also had a taste of the cold, though DS seems to have escaped this time thank God.

A woman at work who has had three kids told me I could go to the nurse's station at lunch if I want and take a nap-- next time I really need to I'm definitely doing that.
#17 of 71 Old 01-24-2006, 11:56 AM

burke-a-bee - I want a t-shirt like that too!
Most of the comments I've been getting are from work.... There's another girl here due a few days before me who still barely has a belly at all. So, of course, that makes me a cow and my baby must be gigantic! I think I look completely normal but everyone seems to insist on comparing me to someone else with a completely different body type! : Even if I was "huge" they would still have no right saying anything!

Have actually been feeling A-OK lately. Seem to be getting sort of used to the aches, pains and fatigue that have become part of my daily life. Have another appointment with my MW this Friday - and am really looking forward to it. Just hope he's more organized this time than he was last time (he was in a brand new office last time and was completely out of sorts - it was a very disappointing appt)!

Oh - and I think I found the CD I want to listen to during labor and delivery! I'm going to take Van Morrison's Astral Weeks and hopefully a Paul Simon compilation I have (assuming I can find it...). Stuck the Van Morrison in the other day and realized I'd forgotten how relaxing and mellow it is.
Anyone else been thinking about music for birthing?

Other than that - have tickets to see Phantom of the Opera tonight! Woohoo! They were a gift from my parents for my b-day. Have never seen it and am pretty excited!

Alright - better get moving. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!
GO STEELERS!
#18 of 71 Old 01-24-2006, 12:01 PM

Aprilushka - Hope you feel better very soon!
I understand about needing all of your sick days for maternity leave - I'm in the same boat! Do your best to try to rest up and rejuvinate in the evenings, if you can.
#19 of 71 Old 01-24-2006, 01:37 PM

i'm gonna moan, too! At night, I am in SUCH pain that I feel like I'm going to have the baby now instead of 15 weeks or so from now. I'm haiving lots of BH, too. I guess I got by without much pain/discomfort this whole pregnancy that its my turn to suffer?

Besides that, I went to have the u/s done... the tech was AWESOME. I did what love_homebirthing did and told her that I really didn't want much exposure, but wanted to confirm that there was no problem causing me to measure ahead. Everything came out fine... one baby, measuring a week or so ahead of my EDD (which I think is a week late anyway based on my cycle) and its about 2lbs now according to her measurements. I feel a lot better having done it. The baby is SO LAID back compared to my DD, who used to battle with the scanner. The baby laid in one spot and move its head and arms a little bit and I got to see it swallow some amnio fluid. The funniest thing is that this baby has decided to be head-down-back-up (thank heavens) but has wedged itself on my right side. There is a HUGE amount of empty space on my left that it has chosen to ignore.

Anyway, the tech didn't go near the gender area and I was even tempted to look.

On other notes, my DD is FINALLY feeling better, but now I have her cold. But she is behaving much better today. She has been really testing the limits of our ability to do GD over the past few days

I am finally getting caught up on her scrapbook and my goal is to be 100% caught up by the time the baby comes, so I can get off to a good start with the baby's book and do the pages as I go along in stead of all at once!

Oh and DH has promised to wash the walls of DD's new room so I can start painting.

1 week to go until we take DD to Orlando! We got tickets and hotel for free because of my FF miles from my job and DD is psyched to see Mickey and Minnie. DH is going to get to drive a race car at the Orlando race track (he is a car fanatic). And I am going to try to relax and maybe get a spa treatment!

I'm sorry that everyone is feeling so bad! all around.

#20 of 71 Old 01-24-2006, 10:46 PM

Well another week! I am actually feeling pretty good this week. I am 29 weeks.

I am pretty tired by the end of the day, feeling absolutely huge...but other than that things are good.

Went to the OB last Friday and he said everything sounded/looked good. I've put on 27 lbs so far which I don't think is too bad since I gained 50 lbs with both other kids! I go back next Friday and then I start profiles weekly. I can't believe how quick this pregnancy is going! I actually have a picture to post but I'm not sure how to do it??? I might do a search online and see what I can come up with!

Well, guess that's about it. Sorry to hear some of you are sick, I hope it stays away from here! Have a great week!!
#21 of 71 Old 01-25-2006, 12:08 AM

Daphnes_mama - I get something that sounds just like your under boob/rib pain. I got it when pg with both my dd's too. It really hurts! It does feel like a dull ache - almost like a burning thing (but not quite). It feels better if I rub it, as though the counterpressure helps. I haven't known of anyone else with it so I don't know what it is. People will say things like, "oh that's just the baby kicking your ribs" but I KNOW it's not that. It's not in that spot for one, it feels like a fleshy thing for two, and third it began in early pregnancy with my 2nd and now these babies! So there's no way it's from a kick in the ribs. It bothers me the most when I'm sleeping on my side (I think b/c I'm kinda curled up & putting more pressure on the spot). Anyway, just wanted to sympathize. Oh, and about the BH - I don't think what you described sounds like anything to worry about. I think the happen to most of us a lot more than we realize. It's just that some people notice them more than others. I have them constantly. Sometimes they seem to come non-stop. I really think it's fine. Just your uterus' way of getting in shape.

Black Orchid - I'm so glad that everything went okay. I've been thinking about you.

I share the misery with everyone else. I'm actually not doing too bad, except at night when my sleep is just horrendous. It's b/c my sacrum is so out-of-whack combined with the firmness of my bed (the pressure against my sacrum is killing me!). So basically I wake up like a bajillion times a night so I can flip to the other side, until inevitabley that side starts hurting too much to lay on and I have to flip back. And flipping is probably the most painful thing I can do to my body. I have to go super slow, try to keep my legs together, etc. and everything just HURTS! {{{sigh}}} Dh & I have been researching more the latex and memory foam mattress. I really think that would help (but it's still a financial issue - maybe we'll cave & charge it). From dh's co-workers we've heard from one that he can see some permanent indentation on his latex mattress so we're concerned with that. But then there's tons of memory foam options too. I just don't know what to get, if we do get one. I really want this fully adjustable mattress frame but I wonder if it could be used with any dual mattress latex or memory foam bed. Any ideas??? How great would THAT be during pregnancy?

That's my news for now (really nothing going on). Hope everyone feels better!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#22 of 71 Old 01-25-2006, 03:18 AM

Your rib thing sounds kinda what I have problems with. I had the cartilage on the left ribcage seperate from my ribs from sleeping with my dh with his arm laying over my ribcage. Now that I'm pregnant the pushing up from my uterus and the weight of my boobs have started it to seperate again. Very painful, but not much you can do about it. Yoga does help make it feel better though. Lots of twists and stretches works it out a little bit, but yes very painful to switch sides and laying on either side is painful until you finally fall asleep and your body relaxes. Maybe it's the same thing.

Cathy

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#23 of 71 Old 01-25-2006, 03:27 AM

Someone was naughty and didn't post a link on last week's thread...

I didn't feel like whining too much until I got home today from my extra-busy-run-around-and-do-things trip. BellyBean flipped to nearly vertex last night (diagonal, head kind of down) but then she climbed back up into a breech position. Now she's semi-transverse (head slightly elevated, feet down). It hurts like hell, and makes my belly all funny-looking. On the up side, all of this acrobatic stuff has really strengthened my faith in my amniotic sac; I've felt nothing even remotely like a tear.

Anyway, I went to the library, LLL, and the grocery store tonight. When I got home, I found two naked children and an angry husband who made me feel guilty for asking him to carry groceries upstairs. As if that wasn't enough, he gave me a whole song and dance about how he had a gimp leg (three days ago he stepped on a nail, how the is that supposed to compete with someone's foot jamming against your sciatic nerve?! : ) and so he didn't want to carry the pieces of the toddler bed upstairs. The irony there is that last week when my sciatica was at it's worst ever, he actually had the nerve to ask me to go grocery shopping. : Dude, I just got done telling him that I was barely making it to the freaking toilet, but somehow I should go grocery shopping?! And drive with what, my right leg was totally not responding to my brain, even if I'd had the willpower to move it... :

Before I left, I asked him to do exactly two things: carry a single (albeit very large) box upstairs to the storage closet, and to wash out the big pot so that I could make a cauldron of scalloped potatoes. He didn't do either of these things. The kids had had dinner, but like I said before they were both naked; how hard is it to ask BeanBean to put on a pair of underpants? Dude, he can totally do it *himself*, all you ahve to do is ask him! : And a naked BooBah, while more difficult to prevent, is a much more serious issue because she can't always stop herself from peeing on the floor. Both kids were in the living room when I got home (on the second floor) but Mike was on the computer (third floor).

What really gets me about this is the fact that Mike makes me feel like he's god's gift if he takes the kids off my hands after *10 hours* of wild, demonesque behavior, but I'm supposed to have sympathy for the fact that he can't handle the kids for a whopping 3 hours. As if. He totally gives me crap when I'm having those long days, but I'm supposed to feel badly that he can't deal with the kids for a few hours?! Whatever!

So I came home, handed BeanBean an undershirt and underpants, started another load of laundry, folded a load of laundry, dressed BooBah in a clean diaper and pajamas, made a cauldron of scalloped potatoes for freezing (Mike brought one of those institutional sized bags home from work) and made some pancake batter to freeze as well. I started making pancakes but ran out of energy and decided to come bum around online for a bit. Now I'm sitting here, feeling BellyBean try to settle into a transverse position (if I didn't know better, I'd say she was presenting an arm... ?!?!) and suffering through some miserable heartburn (BeanBean and BooBah ate the last of my tums, the little punks ). My teeth are really bothering me, but at least the sciatica isn't flaring up again. Mike totally owes me for putting up with his whiny crap. He doesn't know it yet, but he's buying me a present. I haven't decided what it is, but it'll be good and it'll be MINE.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#24 of 71 Old 01-25-2006, 04:44 AM

Sorry everyone is so sick. It has been a good week here. My DD caught a stuffy nose and of course now a cough because she refuses to blow her nose and sniffs everything back up there. But it was short lived. My best friend came to visit and it was great! I did go on a trip last weekend and got stuck on Snoqualmie Pass (WA state) for two hours because of snow. They had closed it. It sucked! I had to pee so bad (and I was not about to hike into the woods in the snow) that I went in a tupperware I found in the car. Needless to say that tupperware is now in the trash. LOL. I have a MW appt on Monday and I am getting so stressed about money lately. We sold/gave away EVERYTHING after DS was born and then we decided to have another one so we are starting from scratch again. I do not even have any baby clothes, what I did have I made into a quilt for my DD for Christmas. We are also moving in June (if DH finds a job after he graduates) so we need to pay for the birth, buy all the baby stuff, DD and DS are going to need summer clothes, also pay for moving and by the end of summmer buy a second car so DH can get to work and I can get DD off to school in the am's. I just want to scream!!!!!! I hate all these things to worry about. : Baby is well though, she is moving like mad and making my pubic bone ache 24 hrs a day. She is still soooooooo LOW! One woman asked me as she walked by if it was a girl. Kind of funny as I did not even know her. Cannot wait for spring! had a beautiful sunny day and as soon as thekids and I went outside the clouds came in and the wind picked up! BRRRRRRRRRR! Okay I am rambling now, hope everyone gets better. We are almost there!
Allison

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#25 of 71 Old 01-25-2006, 11:54 AM

Can you say depression!!!!!!!

I have never felt so bad in my hole life.............all I want to do is sleep.

My kids and I need to get out of the house ( I know this is one of our biggest problems) but it has been so cold here and my kids hate going outside when it is cold. Not to mention that we finally got a second car.....one that my Dh can take to work and save us a lot of money on gas ( family car is a suburban) but he keeps taking our famliy car leaving us stuck at home he always has some kind of excuse ( my personal favoriate is that he wakes up so early that he forgets about the other car).

Anyway ask for my baby and pregnancy.............I was suppose to go and have the glucose screening done and get my rhogam shot on MOnday but I just didn't feel like it..........I don't really see a point to either. This is my fourth pregnancy so I know what the syptoms are for the one and ask for the shot this is going to be our last baby so there is no need to worry about another baby being affected by me being rh-. I have a midwife app today so we will see how that goes...............
#26 of 71 Old 01-25-2006, 12:34 PM

Hi there! We're actually doing okay this week! Aside from the fact that my hips are going to pieces...LOL. I don't know what I did, but boy are they sore and they just feel out of place.

My midwife called Monday with the results of my 3-hour GTT...... I PASSED! And "actually your third draw was QUITE low...enough to make me think you might be hypoglycemic, so be sure to eat lots of complex carbs and fruits and veggies throughout the day to keep your sugars up." That just makes me laugh. I had called her a week before the test to ask about dizzy spells and light-headedness, then I fail the 1-hour test (who knows why??), so she makes me do the 3-hour, but really I'm hypoglycemic! Silliness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmamaof3
Can you say depression!!!!!!!

I have never felt so bad in my hole life.............all I want to do is sleep.

My kids and I need to get out of the house ( I know this is one of our biggest problems) but it has been so cold here and my kids hate going outside when it is cold. Not to mention that we finally got a second car.....one that my Dh can take to work and save us a lot of money on gas ( family car is a suburban) but he keeps taking our famliy car leaving us stuck at home he always has some kind of excuse ( my personal favoriate is that he wakes up so early that he forgets about the other car).
DH is pretty worried about me, since I had PPD last time, and occasionally I have "very bad days" this pg. We talked to my midwife about it, who is glad we are thinking about it. She had a couple suggestions for us...maybe they'll help you.

1) Eat some protein at breakfast, and continue to eat often and well throughout the day. When I feel low, the last thing I want to do is eat, and this can have a HUGE effect on my mood. 2) Make sure DH (or a friend, or whoever) gives you a break from the other kiddos once in awhile--literally for your sanity! Even an hour helps. 3) Get out of the house. Grrrrrrrrrrr to your DH on this one. I would be so mad if he took the family car to work! We just got a second car (to replace the non-working one, LOL), and DH always takes the old little one to work. He *forgets* about the car??? I'd read him the riot act on this one, especially if you can't leave the house with the other car. :
#27 of 71 Old 01-25-2006, 02:41 PM

DH and I went on the "official" tour of our Birth Center. We'd been there before, but this time there was a question and answer session and a waterbirth video. It really reaffirmed my decision. I would just cry if I had to go to the hospital after knowing what my birth could be like.
I am actually really excited for the actual birth!!
#28 of 71 Old 01-25-2006, 02:58 PM

doing okay so far this week, I suppose. Did the deed last night (TMI, sorry) and it wasn't comfy at all. But, there you go. Keep having those nice let's-kick-the-cervix type of feelings from her. She is very active in there. Much more squirming now than the kicking. Though I still get quite a bit of that under my right rib cage. Guess maybe that means she's head-down still. Will know more tomorrow.

I have my next appt with my midwife tomorrow morning. She is going to draw the baby on my belly this time. WOOHOO! I can't wait. I will have to take pics and show everyone! I will be 31 weeks on Saturday. It was passing really fast to this point....maybe it's just my imagination that it seems to be slowing down.

Only gained 1 lb at my last appt. Wondering if I have gained any this time. It's only been 2 weeks since I've seen her though. Watch me gain 5 ! EEEK!

Okay, sorry to rant, and write a book. I want a nap now. LOL
#29 of 71 Old 01-25-2006, 03:23 PM

I am celebrating! After 6 months of morning sickness, I am feeling pretty good! I called the pharmacist on Friday and told her that I have been having intense heartburn, and that the only thing that was working temporarily was baking soda, but I remembered something about not taking too much of it...

I'd talked to my midwife a day or two before and she said to take more diclectin. That helped about as much as putting gum on my nose. Just meant that I had to wake up in the middle of the night to take it and had to wake up DH and it was a pain and didn't help at all.

The Pharmacist said "of course that didn't help-it doesn't help heartburn". She suggested I try Zantac. I went straight out and bought it.

The first 5 hours after I took it were the best in my entire pregnancy!!! And I haven't felt yucky since then, except for being tired!!
I actually think I have had heartburn for months and thought it was morning sickness. Yikes! So glad I said the right thing to the right person! I feel amazing compared to what I have been doing!
Now I am weaning myself off of diclectin.
I have more energy, am hungry when I am hungry (that is a novel thing!!) have more of a sense of humor again, am able to be more present to DH, and am experimenting with different kinds of food. We are likely going out for dinner tonight.

Also going on a tour of one of the local hospitals tonight!

Plus, a couple of days ago we met and hired a doula, and she knows our midwives quite well and rounds out our team nicely.

I feel like things are falling into place more and I am delighted.

One concern is that I am measuring 32 weeks, at 28 weeks. But she wasn't sure what was muscle and what was uterus, cuz my upper tummy is quite distended and the muscles are tight. So we'll see next time I go.

Sorry to hear that others are suffering more now Hope you feel better soon!

Mama to bikenew.gifBoots (April 2006) and Bolt.gifPebbles (November 2008).Wife to :treehugger.gif and mama to angel3.gifHeather, October 2003

#30 of 71 Old 01-25-2006, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmamaof3
Not to mention that we finally got a second car.....one that my Dh can take to work and save us a lot of money on gas ( family car is a suburban) but he keeps taking our famliy car leaving us stuck at home he always has some kind of excuse ( my personal favoriate is that he wakes up so early that he forgets about the other car).
Honestly, I would kick my husband's ass for this in a big way. Is the new car somehow less "cool" or "manly" than the Suburban? Tell him to grow up! He's part of a family, his own desire to look cool in front of his coworkers is screwing with the rest of the family and that is totally unacceptable. Good grief, that's so immature I could spit. My husband drives a little tiny Saturn to work most days, and in fact he only takes the minivan when it needs some work done that would be difficult for me to have done with both kids (he can get the oil changed on his lunchbreak, for example, or have the inspection done then, but me doing either of those things with both kids would be a nightmare, pure and simple); in other words, as a favor to me so that I can continue to have a life outside of this freaking apartment, even though I'm a grownup with little kids to cart around. I'm totally serious-- your husband needs a swift kick in the pants for this!!

I'm supposed to go to the post office today. I've got five packages to send out (at last count; there may be more : ), and some of them should have gone last week. I can't go, though; BooBah has horrible diarrhea again. You know, the kind where you're afraid to leave the house without four changes of clothes? Argh, she smells horrible, and none of her diapers seem to hold it all in... Yuck. She must have had some milk yesterday while I was out. Whatever it was, it was too much.

Oh, and I've got one of those really painful splinters under my fingernail, and of course my tweezers are nowhere to be found... Ick. I feel like on a stick today. Miseries.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page