Feb. 21 - 28 UPDATES! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-25-2006, 03:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone. Glad to hear so many ppl r getting ready for thier births. I have just finally gotten all of the stuff I had loaned to my sil back and borrowed the extras I need for my new guy. I also got paint for our bedroom, which we'll be sharing soon enuff. I can't wait.
We got our first lay away out yesterday, got bunches of goodies. A really cute going home outfit for little guy. I started to pack my diaper bag tonite, but I want to get some baby washing done first. I am waiting for mail order stuff to pack in my hospital bag. I had a melt down today when I checked stuff off of my list and saw how much we still needed to get. Mostly bigger items, like a dresser. As of now, we have no hwere to put baby items. I hope we can get some stuff into lay away(which is our savior when we need stuff) and get it out by 4/5.
We have been busy today, I got some major nesting done. We overhauled our shed outside and drug baby stuff out, cleaned utility room to make room, cleaned our bath and are about to put new linolium down in it. We also cleaned our living room and kitchen. I was clearing out cabinets and tossing stuff that was old from our cubard and pantry.Hubby climbed up and cleaned grease from the walls(fron previous tenants). He was a gem today.
I have a dr. appt. on Tues. No fun. Hubby went last week to see if he could get a vasectomy( surprise baby made him slightly worried.) Insurance won't cover it. Dumb ppl would rather pay for babies.: I hope we can afford it anyway, I have birth control and all that other crap.
I wish I was having a shower, because Little Guy was SUPPOSED to be our last and I gave all I had that he didn't wear out to a buddy that was down on her luck, so I was stuck with pretty well nothing. I have clothes for 6-9 and up, but nothing under that. SIL, she gave me unisex sleepers and I bought some blue stuff.
I got my breast pump from lay away, but found 1 I like better, so I'm taking mine back and getting the 1 I want. Its got so many fun gizmos with it, I'll have fun. And it looks super comfy.
I also feel the need for a walker in the morning. I woke up yesterday after the day b4 was spent shopping til I dropped, in agony. Had to rouse hubby from slumber to help me get up to pee. No fun. The babe hasn't dropped , but bh has gotten worse and I can't sleeep. Going slightly nuts W/O sleep. Plus morning sickness is back... all day long.And I gotta pee like every half hour it seems.
The kids I baby sit got on my nerves today pretty badly. The little girl locked us out of my Doodle's room, which made me mad, the boy refused to help my son clean up the messes they made. And then to top it off he kept leaving the Nintendo thing on and coming down stairs... ugh. Thier mom hasn't paid me this week and its getting close to my next payday from her. I am too nice to say anything to her, but hubby is pissed. Plus we sold her a tv and she owes us money 4 that. I just can't get nerve up to tell her to either pay up or find a new sitter. I need the money and shes my bud, but I think shes starting to take advantage. She droppes them off 25 minutes b4 work(1 mile down the road) and doesn't come to get them until way late. She came once smelling like marijanna. I hope it was just my preggy nose telling me lies tho. I hate that her kids only spend an hour a day with her, but I don't want her to keep this up with me.
Sorry for the rant, I get going and its hard to stop I hope everyone has a great rest of the week! Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2006, 06:00 PM

Wow, lots of fun detergent talk.

I bought some Bean Tree Soap Laundry Hearts, and made a pot of detergent. It came out a bit more "gelly" than I would have liked (I tried adding the soap first, hoping to get more of a liquid than a solid) but it seems to clean exceptionally well, low sudsing and no residue (the laundry doesn't smell like the detergent after it gets clean). I haven't had enough of my clothing go through it, though, to know if I'm allergic to it or not. I'm definately allergic to *something*, but I'm not sure what. My arms are all covered in hives, and it's spread to my belly and legs. It's horribly itchy and miserable. I really need to find the source of it, I simply cannot handle the rashiness.

Anyway, I started some new plants on Friday. We got some oil put into the tank-- we won't be able to buy any food until next week, but we should be okay until then with the WIC checks, and Mike did get a fax number to send the reciept for the new carseats so we'll get a check for that very soon. Mike was also told that direct billing has been set up with Enterprise, so Monday afternoon we should be going home in two vehicles. : It's hard for me to get my hopes up, though, when so much crap keeps on happening... every time something halfway decent happens, more crap seems to fall on my head. So I'm not terribly optimistic at this point, I'm just cautiously not-pessimistic.

I keep having dreams that this baby is going to present an arm... like, I'll be sitting in the bathtub, laboring nicely and I'll feel something, reach up inside myself and feel a baby hand. I try to "change" these dreams to feel a head presenting, or at least minibuns, but they won't shift-- it's an arm, every single time. I really, really don't want this baby to present an arm, you know? That's just not on my list of things that I can handle.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 02-25-2006, 08:02 PM

I met my homebirth midwife for the first time last night. We really liked her, and my dd really took to her. (A bit *too* much perhaps, at one point she said, "Charlotte cuddle Kate (the MW)!"

It was quite interesting to have an exam at home vs. dr or MW's office. My BP was the lowest ever this pregnancy (120/62). I found out I was EXTREMELY dehydrated, something no one had mentioned to me before! (It might have been just yesterday though.) My MW did an great job with her exam... she spent a good bit of time feeling the baby's position and determined the baby is head down, posterior. She said, "If I'm right, then I will here the heartbeat right here," and put the wand EXACTLY over the baby's heart. Sure enough, we heard the *actual* hb, with the clicks as the blood flowed through the valves, not the "echo" of the HB which is what I guess I had been hearing up to this point! Very cool, I really enjoyed that.

Major nesting going on... The diapers are ready, I have washed all the clothes and blankets, just need to put those away. I need to make a new sling and get a very few number of items. It's starting to feel close, though given my last pregnancy of going to 42 weeks I probably still have a while to wait yet!

An extrovert, married to my introverted dh since '01, mothering my girls C (2003) and G (2006).

Love homeschooling, reading, cooking (most of the time grain-free except for when I'm not ), lactivist, former and wanna-be cloth diaperer and baby-wearer...

Old 02-26-2006, 12:06 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh man, I hit 193 lbs. this visit, I'm gaining 3 lbs. per week! Ack, I only went up to 187 with Kaelynn, and I'm not due to April 6th! Trying to eat more protein to reduce fluid gain.

I'm waking up with heartburn 3 - 4 times at night, and having it 3 - 4 times during the day . Sometimes ginger beer works something not. Papaya isn't cutting it anymore .

Definitely feeeling very walrus-like, so I'm hoping that baby might decide to come in the last half of March, a bit early, but of course I want what's best for the baby, so if it's not in 'her' best interests, so be it! Starting to get a bit anxious, and needing to collect all of my baby/birthing supplies (nothing gathered up yet), and desperately working on getting the biz. website updated and finished with for n ow with all the new products before new baboo comes.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:35 AM

193, that's so cute and little! Seriously, though, I'm losing weight and right now, I'm around 220. And before you start thinking that I'm tall, I'm just shy of 5'1"!

I'm miserable and depressed, though. All I want to do is squash tiny creatures, but Diablo II won't run on my computer and I'm just sitting here bawling about it. It's so freaking unfair, here I am trying to take out my aggression and misery on something inanimate yet satisfying, and it's not working. What did I do to make God hate me so much?!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 02-28-2006, 12:47 AM

*Hugs Eilonwy* Awww, I wish I could send you some tiny creatures to squash. Sometimes you really need to do that *sending digi creatures your way*.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:42 PM

Rynna, you can smash all kinds of stuff here: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/games/

80s games here: http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/games.shtml

Mastermind type game here: http://www.masterword.uklinux.net/

Mr Picassohead, always fun http://www.mrpicassohead.com/create.html

Harry Potter trivia: http://www.scholastic.com/harrypotter/challenge/

And there's always suduko and mahjongg....

I play WoW when I need to blow things up, but these online games are fun and free distractions from time to time. HTH!

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
Old 02-28-2006, 03:02 PM

I'm having MW troubles. I had a MW appt yesterday and saw one of the MWs I love (it's a group practice with 4 MWs). She told me some disturbing news. They had diagnosed me as anemic a while back when I took my glucose test, so I started taking Floradix iron supplement. Then at my next appt, the MW Shauna told me I was only borderline anemic, actually just above the cutoff, and I could cut back to half a dose of Floradix (i.e. once a day instead of twice). I was pleased because I've never been anemic before and as a longtime vegetarian it's something I'm defensive about.

But then yesterday, the good MW Julie told me that Shauna had given me wrong information - I wasn't borderline anemic, I was on the borderline of being so severely anemic they might not allow me to use the birthing center! : In my mind that's a big error on Shauna's part.

This is no big deal for my health because all I have to do is go back up to the full dose of Floradix, which is no problem. But it is a big deal because it means I can't trust Shauna. Which sucks. At 31 weeks I'm happy enough with the MW practice that I don't want to switch. But what if Shauna turns out to be the one who attends my birth and I have to second guess all of her advice?

And it also turns out the group practice is breaking up and I'll be one of their last clients! Oy, these MWs are falling apart!
Old 02-28-2006, 09:53 PM

I had my MW appt. yesterday and had sugar in my urine again. Then she tested my blood sugar and it was a little high. So, I tested my blood sugar today and it was still a little high. It's not badly high, but now I'm on a meat and veggie only diet and one fruit a day. : Bummer dude! I was being really bad this week so that probably didn't help. Then my legs had some edema yesterday and were really tight feeling so, I need to get back on the eating really well wagon. Poopers! But on the upside our first baby goat of the year was born today. Oh, she is so cute! Big though! Mom had to push for an hour to get her out. If you want to take a peak at her, you can see her on my blog. www.cathysteck.blogspot.com

That's me.

Cathy

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

Old 02-28-2006, 10:59 PM

Wow, I love your blog Cathy, your place looks really nice! Your roosters look swell too!
Old 03-01-2006, 02:40 AM

Thanks Jennifer! We love our little slice of heaven.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

User Tag List