Feb. 28-March 7th UPDATES! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 39 Old 02-28-2006, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm starting the new thread because I had a very exciting weekend!

Sunday, a fine grey seattle day, DH cleaned out the grill from the day before & put the old coals into a bag in our garage so he could grill up my lunch. Everything, lately, needs to be grilled for Preggo, otherwise it’s not fit to eat. Given our rainy weather this must be a truly amusing ritual to our neighbors.

After we finished eating (grilled tofurkey sausages, onions & peppers, OH MY!) I looked out of our French doors that would usually look towards our garage & saw only a thick wall of smoke! I screamed "SOMETHING IS ON FIRE?!" (emphasis on the frantic statement-question) & immediately ran over to get a better look. Naturally, I slid across the floor banana-peel-style on our kitchen rug & fell ever so gracefully on my ass before I deduced that the inside of our garage was burning!! I yelled to Tony "OUR GARAGE IS ON FIRE!" (by this time self-assured in my urgency!). He leapt into action, expertly maneuvering around my fabulous splayed out pregnant position on the floor, and had me call 911. He ran outside, moved the F350 (our car was safely outside the garage… yay!), unlocked the garage doors so the fire dept could get in, hooked up our garden hose & started hosing the fire down. <3 My hero!

By the time Emergency Response processed my call huge flames were shooting out of the roof, walls & now busted out glass window and smoke was billowing so thickly that my mom saw the cyclone from the freeway exit in Greenwood (in an amazing act of timing my mother exited the freeway on her way to visit just as our garage caught fire. What are the odds?! "Everyone is fine, Mom, but our garage is on fire so I'll have to call you back... oh, & park around the block because there's a firetruck blocking the street..."). Within an hour they extinguished the fire & chainsawed our garage open.

No harm, no foul. In this case “harm” meaning bodily injury or financial devastation.

The good news is we’re getting a new garage (we were going to remodel the old one eventually anyway) & though the insurance adjuster deemed everything inside unsalvageable, it’s all just stuff & we obviously have homeowners insurance so it’s also replaceable. I was just thankful they got the fire out before it got to our house! The cat carriers were in the garage & I don’t know how I would have evacuated 3 cats and a riley Doberman.

Only slightly lame is that among the tools, climbing, backpacking & snowboarding equipment, hardware,video games & CD’s, I had ingeniously stored my unpregnant wardrobe in plastic containers in the garage a while ago after banishing all ill-fitting clothes from the house. I still have my maternity clothes though! Heheh. I hear you have to wear those for a while post-partum anyway. Realistically I might not’ve ever fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans again and this way I’ll never know it, which is much better for my ego ;o)

We get full replacement value for anything we actually replace, otherwise it’s a depreciated value, so I’ll get my first Mother-Daughter shopping spree much earlier than expected! *squee!*

Based on her latest acrobatics the big alien girl is having a fabulous time so I have no concerns from my fall. Just bruised & overflowing with thanks that we got off so easy!

I <3 Firepeople!

Wife to my of 10 years, SAHM to my 2 beautiful homebirthed girls Sydney (4/29/2006) Kennedy (3/21/2010) & 1 super Newfoundland
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 39 Old 02-28-2006, 06:53 PM

Yikes Carley I am glad you and your family are all OK. That must have been so scary.

I had an u/s on my gallbladder this morning. Of course they wouldnt tell me anything, just that my dr. would be getting back to me. He did hapen to mscan accross the baby really quickly while doing measurements and asked if I knew the gender yet LOL. I said yep, its a boy and hes obviously not very shy He was laughing because he wasnt even trying to check the baby and yet the one quick swoop he got of him happened to be in between his legs Definately a boy
#3 of 39 Old 02-28-2006, 08:33 PM

Carley, I am sorry about your garage. You seem to have a positive attitude about the whole thing. Holy cow- what a mess!

I am doing well. I am really large, though. Last week, at the midwife appointment, I measured slightly large for 31 weeks (I am now 32 weeks). They want to do an ultrasound to find out why, so I am doing that on Thursday. So many people keep saying things like, "You sure you aren't having twins? You look as if you could have that baby any day now". Those people can bite me cause I have 8 weeks to go!

My baby is still very active. I have no idea if it is a boy or girl, which is fine by me but so many people don't understand why we didn't find out.

You know, during my first pregnancy, I loved all the attention. This time, I just find it really annoying!
#4 of 39 Old 02-28-2006, 11:35 PM

Wow Carley, that is quite the exciting weekend.
Do you guys know what started the fire?

I'm almost a little jealous in a weird way though... spring/garage cleaning got done in a day and you get money to replace the important stuff. My basement is just full of crap we've just moved around over the last 4 years.

Anyway...

Nothing much going on here. I'm super cranky, can't get comfortable at all anymore it seems, am totally running out of patience with my toddler, and I still have 2+ months. Still attempting to go to the gym, but it doesn't happen too often.

Oh, we did go test drive a new Toyota Rav4 on Sunday. I had never fallen in lust with a car before. Now I have. So dh and I are plotting how to get one next year by the time the baby outgrows the bucket carseat. There's 10 cup/bottle holders, under-the-floor storage in the cargo area, and 6'2" dh can have the driver's seat comfortable for him *and* we can put a Britax Marathon rear-facing right behind him. See why I'm in lust with this vehicle? You can read more of my ramblings about the Rav4 in my blog if you're so inclined.

Next midwife appointment is on Thursday, and dh is out of town tomorrow and probably Thursday. Hopefully ds and I'll survive.

Lanna

Wife to an amazing hubby, mother hen to four chicken3.gif 
(If you're curious, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2010, and yes, it's a busy house)
#5 of 39 Old 03-01-2006, 12:44 AM

wow, I'll say that's some excitement. Glad everything is okay...well, you know. LOL

As for me...well, today makes me 35.5 weeks and I feel as though there is ABSOLUTELY no room left for her to move around in. LOL I have paid my midwife everything except for the birth kit and for each remaining visit fee that I see her. I have my next appt on the 9th an dI am hopping that it's my last visit before the birth. I have a wedding to sing in and be a bridesmaid in that same weekend (on the 11th) that I KNOW is going to kill me standing there and going through all the motions and stuff. The ol' variscosities don't like standing...AND HATE standing and SINGING too! LOL

Today I packed the diaper bag with everything we need EXCEPT the wipes solution. I have to go to the health food store this Friday and get the needed essential oils. Then I think that bag is done. The labor bag is all packed too, except for like my massage oil (I need to buy another carrier oil) and my labor candles. I have to wait until I see my mom and get her wax and wicks. I have everything else I need. Then I just have to get my clothes together, I guess.

I went for my day at the spa yesterday and couldn't get my aromatherapy massage since I am PG. Bummer. So I got the pregnancy one, and it wasn't all that wonderful. She could've been a bit better at it. But the facial was SUPREME! I have a credit that I MIGHT use to go get a nice clean up waxing before the birth. Or another facial. It included a neck, facial, shoulder, arms and hand massage too and was SOOOOOOO nice. Then we came home and my youngest started puking...and he's still at it. No sleep for me last night. Or him, poor fella. I just hope it stops with HIM and doesn't make it around the rest of us. The last thing I personally need with this huge belly is for it to heave to and fro with more puking than I already have to deal with...along with diarrhea.

So...

I am getting the house in order. But I guess this will be like a once-a-week thing until Rachel arrives.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

p.s. I finished up probably 7 dipes today too. YAY!
#6 of 39 Old 03-01-2006, 03:00 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Well, we closed on our townhome...and now just the big hill to getting the place painted and cleaned. whew....

otherwise...wondering if people are gonna throw me a baby shower...like they said they were - or if they have (as with my bridal shower) decided to drop it. I currently have a few covers, some fitteds, and 18 prefolds, 5 fuzzibunz. So really, I can go for a little bit when she arrives. And I am pretty good on clothes. I just need a car seat...which I think (think) my SIL is getting us. But I don't know. This makes it all very hard to plan.... This virgo girl hates that! : Oh well. Guess it is practice for having a kid right?

Otherwise...feeling huge. Baby is very busy in there...don't know what the heck she is doing.... Enjoying being pregnant right now - as long as I can lie down a lot.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#7 of 39 Old 03-01-2006, 12:51 PM

Hi there everyone

Wow - I have to say - my weekend was BORING compared to yours, Carly!! Yikes! How scary that must have been. But thank goodness for insurance, that's for sure. At least there's a silver lining that you get to go buy some new things.

Jeni, I'm right on schedule with you, pg-wise, but you are SO much more ready for the birth than me!! I'm so totally not ready - not even thinking about packing a bag or any of that good stuff!! My house is a mess, piles of stuff everywhere. I have all these plastic crates full of stuff I *might* work on, sewing, photos, stuff like that... I don't want to put it in the attic (I'm scared to go up there because of the bear-sized spiders that live there ) and yet, I'm getting tired of looking at it in the living room, bedroom, etc. I need to start making some decisions.

Tomorrow is my appt. with the OB who will, hopefully, transfer me to the care of the midwife. Then next Tuesday, I have an appointment (my first) with her. She will be coming to my house, so that should be interesting. Baby is moving a lot still, so that's good. I'm curious how much I have gained now, but the end is getting near, so it WILL end. I'm really starting to look forward to having a normal shaped body once again.

I got all my medical records from my old m/w's office last week. It's pretty interesting reading! Funny what they make note of and what they don't - for example, almost at every visit, I have had a question about the hospital procedures, like the hep-lock, monitoring, early release. No mention of that in my records. They also did not make any notes when I asked about where they stand on home birth (they stand *veeeeeerrrrrry* far away from that!!). Anyway, they did make note of it when I told them I was getting a doula. They also noted that I "denied" having any problems sleeping (kind of makes it sound like I was lying or something!). I don't know - I just thought their selective note-taking was kind of interesting.

Well, I'm rambling on... I'll get back to work now. Have a great day everybody and check those fire extinguishers!!

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#8 of 39 Old 03-01-2006, 03:24 PM

I'm glad the garage fire didn't hurt anyone-- I have to say, good excuse for a new wardrobe though, that's kind of cool.

I have very little done to prepare for baby, but I figure I'll have the last 4-5 weeks. I have to get past this last busy patch at work before I can do the last things. I need to find a pediatrician sooner rather than later though.

Today I feel like I could burst into tears at any time for no reason. Fortunately I haven't, but it's sitting in my chest and making it hard to do anything.

Don't know why. Maybe I'm just hormonally insane today.
#9 of 39 Old 03-01-2006, 06:26 PM

Life still sucks. That about covers it. I'll complain more later.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#10 of 39 Old 03-02-2006, 01:01 AM

Had a mw appt. today. I'm measuring 46cm by my own measurements (which I believe are more accurate) and 48cm by hers. I'm finally up to about a 30 lb. weight gain. I can't believe that I've gained so little so far, considering the twin thing. My SPD is out-of-control painful. I literally almost cried trying to get up from the table at her office today. I had dh plus the apprentice attempting to help me. It was a bit embarrassing. I felt whiney but it really really hurt. She thinks both babies are head down which is a shock to me cuz I really thought baby b was transverse, but then I'm not so good at this palpating thing. Movement has slowed down, which I understand is normal, but it's really disconcerting b/c I can't rely on *any* movement to mean that BOTH babies are okay in there, kwim? And I honestly can't tell which one is which so I'm generally clueless. Got my birthtubs back (had them rented out) so that's a relief. I think I'll set one up just to relax in soon. I could use that. My belly doesn't get covered in our tub even though it's a garden tub, so while that's nice it's just not nice enough. I'm really enjoying any bouyancy I can get at this point. So basically my update is: I'M HUGE! That's about it. Hoping to somehow sail through the next few weeks. Oh, and I'm going to start seeing the mw weekly now (which is a bit early for that, but I guess b/c there's two it's preferred at this point).

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#11 of 39 Old 03-02-2006, 03:29 AM

Sorry about the fire! Eilonwy sending thoughts your way! LoveHBing I can't even imagine carrying twins, you are amazing mamma!!

Well my update,

I am sooooooooo sick!!!!!!!! Congestion, can't breathe, pee everytime I cough (which is all night)

Our toilet had a leak and yesterday when we got home there was water all over the kitchen. At least it was clean water. So the paint in the ceiling bubbled and was full of water. LOL. At least it was over the sink and we poked a hole in it and it drained. maintenace had it fixed by 10 am! So all good now.

Met with our "kid doula" today. I know her so it was really just her meeting the kids. Meeting with our doula on Saturday.

Next MW appt is Weds and then its our home visit. She says as long as I go into labor after the 25th then I can still HB. I hope baby stays in a little longer but I just feel like it is going to be soon. DS was born at 37 wks. Actually his EDD was 4/9 and he was born on 3/22. Sooooo....

Got the seats rearranged in the van and the kids love being in the very back! Have bought the birth kit, have the bed sheets, baby stuff is washed and sorted. Still have a few things left but nothing really important.

Nesting like crazy, had my mom help me move my bed so I could vacuum under it the other day. LOL. Still need to cut the plastic for the bed and ask MW how she wants us to sterilize anything. Also figure out how to fill the birth tub.

Allison

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#12 of 39 Old 03-02-2006, 12:27 PM

Carley -- eep! When I was little our house caught on fire -- insurance paid for us to take our clothes to the cleaners (didn't have them dry cleaned just cleaned to get the smoke stains/smell out). I still have some sheets with my maiden name printed in teensy letters on the hem. Are any of your clothes salvagable? Wonder if insurance companies still pay to get someone else to wash them for you? Regardless, so glad no one was hurt!

JefsJen -- what's your wipe solution recipe? I was able to order some 7th Gen wipes and refills for wholesale (whee!) but was planning on ordering some solution to use with the washable wipes (would link it but can't find URL atm) but would much prefer to make my own spray if possible.

Adina -- grats!!!

Rynna and Allison -- sorry you're having hard times

-------------

Well, our garage door broke this week and it's gonna cost like $800 for a new one. Holy crap. But no one got hurt when it flew off the tracks and my car was out of the garage so it's just a matter of money. But damn. That's a lot of money.

Went to my m/w's appointment and turns out the Floradix is NOT working at all. My blood count was even lower than last time they took it?!? She wants me to start taking a spoonful of molasses every morning but the thought makes me want to vomit. So she said to double up on the Floradix in the meantime and eat more meat and greens, etc. Anyone have any suggestions for iron supplements that won't stop me up, but that will work? I ran out of Floradix this morning and am hesitant to spend $20 on another bottle when it's not working.

DH got the rest of the gear put together, including the new swing which is so freaking awesome I can't get over it. And he moved some of my grandmother's furniture into the attic to make room for the changing table and glider in the nursery and I just sat in there last night, and quietly rocked. It was so nice.

Have only a handful of must-do things left to do (mainly just packing my bag and food prep), and I'm so thankful I've been doing everything as I go because my energy level is so low right now.

Went to my soon-to-be-cousin-in-law's bridal shower Saturday and my Bitchy Loaded Aunt was there. She blew off my baby shower the Sat before mind you (showed up, dropped off a gift for a BOY baby and left) but of course stayed for the whole bridal shower -- and I was seated next to her. I can't stand her -- she is one of the rudest people I've ever known. She lives in a freaking castle, talks like Mae West, is outspokenly prejudiced and arrogant as hell (and claims to be a Christian but she's just a bloody Republican and there's a special place in hell for her kind). So I'm trying to be nice to her despite all this because I figure why get myself worked up and she asked who my doctor was (she's a big name-dropper type too).

When I told her I was seeing a midwife, she was horrified and said, "You mean you haven't seen a doctor your ENTIRE pregnancy?!?" She was totally unconvinced when I explained that despite being high risk I was very healthy and everything was fine, etc., and she said, "Are you having the baby at home in your bathtub too?" in a really nasty voice and I said, "No, I'm too old and not comfortable doing that, but there's nothing wrong with it for women who do." I might as well have said we were all taking acid and having an orgy to welcome the baby.

This from a woman who had her uterus ripped out on purpose 30 years ago because she hates kids....

Bitch.

Anyway. *ahem* Sorry but I'm still peeved over the whole thing.

------------------

Anyone else hurting when the baby moves now? She hooking her feet and hands into places that no hook should go and it hurts like hell.

And last night DH informed me I'd broken a record and peed FOUR times in fifteen minutes. I laughed and had to go pee again.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#13 of 39 Old 03-02-2006, 01:17 PM

I have a chiro appointment this morning, hoping that it will make it so I can actually walk without saying "owww" with each step. Had a great night last night, went to a knitting night at Starbucks with some friends, then we shopped the clearance aisles at Target for a bit. I felt refreshed from some time just for me when I came home.

Our doula is coming over tommorrow to meet with us (DH has never met her, but she's a friend of mine) so I have to get my house cleaned today. Our MW is coming on Tuesday for our homevisit so I was planning on picking up the last few items on my HB list today but now I'm not so sure I feel up to it. I'm feeling really, really pukey and spent a good 20 minutes gagging into the kitchen sink first thing this morning. DD thought that would be a good time to take everything out of the pantry shelves that she can reach I'm afraid I'm getting the stomach flu or I have food poisoning. DD has had diarrhea the last 2 days, so I suppose its possible we are getting something viral. I don't know how the heck I'm gonna make it to the chiro and back without having to stop the car to throw up. UGH, today should be so much FUN.

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#14 of 39 Old 03-02-2006, 08:57 PM

Well, thought I was going to have to go to the hospital last night! I feel like I have a raging bladder infection which has moved into my kidney's. I was crying and unable to EAT any FOOD for 12 hrs last night. (I think I only got to eat about 1200 calories the whole day). I'm flushed and sting down there all the time and just don't feel like myself.

Went to my mw appointment today but had to deal with her assistant instead. (who's 19 yrs old). She didn't even know where the mw has sterile urine bottles stored in her office. She did find some blood in my urine but its like oh, oh well- not enough to have problems with. BUT she did send it off to the lab to be checked. : I hope they figure out what this problem is because there is nooooo way I'm going to make it! and another thing ~~Guess what! 3 weeks ago they said I was around 34 weeks along- can you guess what it is this week??? Yup I'm still at 34 weeks- : WHAT'S that all about? I'm very angry- are they being slow or just dinking around with me?

Only 3 more weeks til I stop working- looking foreward to it. I'm dragging these days. AND 4 more baby showers to go. brother...

Baby's head is in the down position but his other half isn't- Hoping by next appointment this will work out.

Anyway, I'm getting VERY SCARED about this whole HAVING THE BABY thing and my bladder/ whatever infection. I still don't want to do this.:
Signing off for now~ boovert
#15 of 39 Old 03-03-2006, 11:30 AM

Renee-- try disolving the molasses in warm water. It sounds icky, but it tastes delicious. My kids beg for it every day, often several times (we call it "kid's coffee"). I also put molasses in oatmeal for them (huge hit) and make yummy molasses cookies. My son has a genetic disorder which can cause severe anemia, so I work extra hard to make sure that he has enough iron in his diet.

I'm really ready for this baby to come out, and that's pretty awful because I'm only, what, 33 weeks? I'm just sick of being pregnant on top of everything else. Too much in my life right now, I just don't need any more.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#16 of 39 Old 03-03-2006, 12:03 PM

Yeah, I feel so totally done being pregnant...and I'm only 34 weeks. I'm sick of DD climbing all over me too, but she's just a baby herself...

On a positive note, I ordered our carseat yesterday! (posted a thread about it too--go look!)

MW appt yesterday, and I'm measuring 36. Baby *could* be head down, but is REALLY low and sunny-side-up, so if she can't tell for sure she'll do a vaginal exam @ 36 weeks with the GBS. In her words, "34 weeks and breech isn't a big deal, but 36 weeks and breech is entirely different, so I just want to make sure."

I had a friend take some photos of my big pg belly last time, and she is leaving for Morocco tomorrow (*sniff*) so I have to find someone else to do it. I think I'm going to try Sears (we have the Smile Saver thing, so no sitting fees!). I called yesterday, and they will do pg photos with exposed belly skin! Then I asked about nursing pics, and she immediately said NO, but then said, "Wait a minute..." and I heard a heated discussion going on in the background. She came back and said that they *could* do it as long as I was mostly covered and not "all out there." I said that was fine!

I'm picturing me wearing a button-down white shirt, with one button done right at boob-level and the rest hanging open, Livi nursing in a white onesie, wrapped around my belly, maybe DH sitting behind us with his hands around me and on my belly... Ahhhhhhhh.
#17 of 39 Old 03-03-2006, 01:25 PM

I had a horrible night last night. I started to get all paranoid about going into labor early b/c of steelcitysistah's post about her water breaking yesterday combined with me noticing last night the first mucus discharge (sorry for the TMI - I have no clue if it was just normal mucus or some of the actual plug). Then I woke up constantly during the night due to contractions! So in general I'm just kinda freaking out! Yes, I want to be done, but they're not ready yet!!! I just need to hang in there another 2 weeks and I'll be cleared for a homebirth. Can you imagine how different my experience would be in the hospital? They'd want me in the OR for crying out loud with an epidural in my back! It would be some big dramatic scene with a million people in the room all waiting to save my babies. And I'm so convinced of the power of the mind that when I start to get nervous about labor starting early then I get scared I'll make it happen, kwim? Like last night every time I sat on the toilet I was just holding my breath hoping my water wouldn't break. Ugh - this sucks!

Chelsea - that's so funny/weird about Sears. It wouldn't have occured to me that they'd do pg/nursing pictures but then when you said that they had to debate the nursing thing it made me kinda mad! I'm glad they'll do it though. It's good to have memories like that.

#18 of 39 Old 03-03-2006, 01:30 PM

Apparently their manual/book says they cannot do them, but they had a trainer standing right there who said they can, as long as you are "covered" with a blanket or something. I wasn't picturing my nipple hanging out, but apparently they were, LOL!

ETA: I totally forgot to say... I'm doing that "I'm going to make myself go into labor because I'm thinking about it too much" thing too. I feel like I'm not ready at all (baby-wise), but body-wise I am done! I have tons of BH ctx all day, especially when nursing (they even get a little painful) and as far as mucus...let's just say that it's not a new issue for me. So yeah, when I read the water breaking post, I got a little nervous...

If I make it one and a half more weeks, my MW won't stop me! How scary is that!!!
#19 of 39 Old 03-03-2006, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The water breaking post scared me too -- I've been having many more BH lately, and yesterday kept having intermittent strong and strange pains way down low in my crotch, and baby was moving like crazy. Is it supposed to be painful when baby turns? I'm *hoping* it just was repositioning itself to be head down, but try as I might, I can NOT figure out what position it is in. I'm hoping my Dr. can tell me on Monday when I have my next checkup. It's driving me crazy. I keep feeling around, but can't make head or tail of it (sorry).

I'm definitely done with work (but 5 weeks left), and was having fun reading the SAHM board yesterday -- a lovely thread about what they love most about being a SAHM. I'm so excited!!!!!

I ordered some Charlie's soap yesterday, after searching every supermarket in vain for some of the detergents that are recommended for dipe washing on a website I found. I did buy some Washing Soda, but can't figure out how much to use because the box only talks about it being an additive to regular detergent, not how to use it exclusively. Anyone know anything about this?

Mary
#20 of 39 Old 03-03-2006, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_homebirthing
And I'm so convinced of the power of the mind that when I start to get nervous about labor starting early then I get scared I'll make it happen, kwim?
Hang in there!! I'm sorry it's getting so nerve wracking - but *try* to stay focused on the outcome you want.

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#21 of 39 Old 03-03-2006, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

love_homebirthing, aprilushka, eilonwy & boovert!!

nighten... i've read cooking in cast iron can increase your iron, especially if it contains acid & cooks for a while (like spaghetti sauce)

Still itemizing away here! Like I needed another reason to procrastinate "baby preparation" So looking forward to hearing from steelcitysistah!! I can't believe someone is here already!! You'd think that would get me "on the ball," but no! I'll find a million other things to do. I keep telling myself I'll get to it after the shower next week. Riiiight.

Sending everyone well-done baby juju!

Wife to my of 10 years, SAHM to my 2 beautiful homebirthed girls Sydney (4/29/2006) Kennedy (3/21/2010) & 1 super Newfoundland
#22 of 39 Old 03-03-2006, 04:28 PM

Today sucks...: I was in such a good mood when I woke up this morning, went and installed the baby's carseat, did some laundry, then I threw up twice and I've had some diarrhea. Probably got the stomach flu or something, which is just what I needed Now I'm having uncomfortable BH again (not regular and not like real labor ctx, just a big inconvience). I'm plenty hydrated, I don't have a bladder infection or anything, its just the same damn thing that happened for weeks on end before dd was born. This is day 2 of feeling like this and I have too much to do to feel so yucky! Our doula and her backup are coming to our house tonight so I need to clean up my house. It is SO dirty right now I still haven't finished setting up all the HB supplies like I need to for our homevisit on Tues, and I haven't washed a single baby item. I'm starting to freak out thinking he's gonna come early, and he is NOT ALLOWED to come for another 10 days because I AM having a homebirth. Okay, ending my ranting now.

~Rebecca~

#23 of 39 Old 03-03-2006, 05:46 PM

celestialdrmrmama - I hope you get some energy to get what you need done. I know how it feels. I have a quilt I want finished before the baby comes and there is no way and the diapers I was going to make. Yeah right! Calling DH right now to make sure it is alright to order more prefolds. I just can't do anything right now.

Allison K - I have to wait until the 25th to deliver at home also. 3 more weeks, I'm counting down! I will relax so much more on that day.

I am totally feeling like everyone else that's having b/h contrax like crazy. I've had a couple painful ones and keep imagining what it would be like birthing in the hospital and having my little one in the NICU. : I'm glad I'm not the only one, I'd be totally freaking out. Trying to keep good thoughts. Baby has been moving like crazy too, which I thought it would settle down a bit, but this little guy is a wiggler. I'm just glad my new meat and veggie diet has made my edema in my legs go away. Yeah! And my blood sugar is normal again.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#24 of 39 Old 03-05-2006, 11:04 PM

Carley - That's crazy about your garage. But as others have said, you seem to have a very positive outlook, so it sounds like you're doing well in spite of it all.

lmonter - I have moments of craziness, mood-swings too. I feel a bit worried about not feeling well when someone is going to want me to do something.

Adina - Yay on the closing of the townhome. We finally got our kitchen remodel done. And with all the construction done I'm happy, cause now I can start cleaning up the dust.

lovehombirthing, eilonwy, allisonk, aprilushka, celestialdrmrmama, boovert -

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighten
Anyone else hurting when the baby moves now? She hooking her feet and hands into places that no hook should go and it hurts like hell.

And last night DH informed me I'd broken a record and peed FOUR times in fifteen minutes. I laughed and had to go pee again.
I wake up after about 4 hours sleep cause the baby ends up squished against my side and it hurts. So yeah, I know what you're talking about.

I had my baby shower this afternoon and now I'm tired. I have lots and lots of baby clothes now and no clue where I'm going to put it all. I'm very grateful to my friend who threw it for me. Can a baby actually wear all that stuff though? I need books and toys and teething stuff, etc. But I guess this is cool cause we get to buy all the fun things. I'm 34.5 weeks and doing pretty well. My only problem is I don't have ankles anymore cause my feet swell so much, but so what...? I'm still doing pretty well. I'm able to go up and down hills on my walks. Emotionally I'm not sure I'm so great though. Very snappy...

My mother-in-law let me know today too that the family wants to throw me a co-ed shower, more like the typical family-style party we have for birthdays and such. But they want to do it for me on April 1st. Am I crazy for thinking this is a bad idea? I will be 38 weeks then, bigger than I am now, and not in any better mood. Can I have the shower and go hide in a room and watch a movie? I can't even guarantee that I'll be able to make it as I'm measuring ahead too, by about two weeks. Will I even be able to walk? But then part of me thinks I should go because I'll get more presents probably and maybe I'll be feeling better cause I will be not working at this point. What do you think? Is this a crazy idea?
#25 of 39 Old 03-06-2006, 12:03 AM

Hi all. Sorry about your garage carley, and I hope everyone is feeling ok. I am feeling good today. Tomorrow is my birthday and DH took me and the kids to dinner at a nice Italian pizza place. Great chicken alfredo...yumm. I'll eat the rest tomorrow for lunch. Very nice atmosphere there too. I got make up from m&fil for my bday. SIL got me a pajamas(nursing ones!!!yay!!!) and slippers. Nice fuzzy pink stuff. I hate pink, but I love comfy nursing stuff. I bought a pump and storage for bm on ebay last week and a sterilizer tonight. I don't know how I lived this long w/o that site. It was my first time this last week.

Had a dr. appt. on the 28th. He said I was measuring 30 weeks at 33 weeks... hope that means everything is ok. He said not to worry. I am having this baby at 38 weeks so as of tomorrow I only have 4 weeks left. I got all stuff from lay away now. I packed the diaper bag and am starting to put odds and ends in my bag tomorrow. I can't wait to shop for me and what I need for my bag. It kinda got old only shopping for the baby and my older kids. I got my bedroom painted and my room/babyroom done. Now dh is doing the rest of the house this week. Kitchen, bath, and living room painted Tuesday and kids rooms on wednesday. I also get new linoleum in my bath!!! Yippee!

DS has diarhea. Poor kid. Hes eating like a horse and in a good mood, but this runny poo has got me about sick... I can't wait for it to be over. Two days is long enuff. Slowing down on it now. He smells...

DH is sick. he has the flu. Hope DD doesn't get it or what DS has. I may go nuts...

Pain in my crotch is worse, dr said its normal cuz this is my 3rd, and as he putit the path is well worn. Felt kinda gross after that. My best bud is in labor RIGHT now. She is having her 2nd DD, the first will b 1yo on the 9th. Possibly she could have her baby on my bday!!!

sending all

dawn
#26 of 39 Old 03-06-2006, 12:32 AM

Kate - you could always tell you MIL that she could throw *me* a shower No one else is gonna. I don't think it's a horrible idea unless you just plain don't want one. Yes, you'll get more gifts, you can probably sit down through it, and hopefully you will feel a bit better once you're off of work. It's always nice to feel loved too, right?

Carley - I forgot to comment on your garage. Yikes! But on the flip side, you do get a new garage AND clothes shopping spree, so YEA! That part at least sounds good.

I got my space all setup for the birth. Have the birthtub up and running (just for relaxation at this point - I'm still too early for a homebirth). Set a little fold away table up with all my supplies. It makes me feel good to see everything so organized (cuz I'm a freak like that). I'm 34.5 weeks too and am just counting the days at this point. Hopefully I'll get safely to 36 weeks before any signs of labor strike. Oh, and I got a fetoscope so now I get to practice finding the heartbeats. I really think my mw was wrong about fetal positioning. I believe that only one of them is head down and the other is transverse, but what do I know? I'll have the other (more experienced) mw check on Wednesday (she wasn't there last week). Oh, and I'm definitely emotional. Feeling like dh just doesn't appreciate me for being an amazing pregnant woman. I feel like he should be thankful or something that I'm doing all this. Yes, yes, I know it's not like I'm doing it just for him - I wanted this pregnancy so bad and wanted twins even more, but still! Don't you think a dh should kinda worship his pg partner? I do, but maybe that's just the hormones talking. So I talked to him about it the other night and I was all weepy (don't know if he even noticed - it was dark in bed) and I was saying how I don't think he really appreciates me the way he should for doing all this, blah blah blah. And he said, "that's not EXACTLY true". Umm, what does THAT mean? To me it means that it's at least somewhat true, which kinda sucks right? Then he fell asleep (no snuggling me or anything). Anyway, I'm hormonal. End of vent.

#27 of 39 Old 03-06-2006, 01:25 AM

I'm kinda nesting now.

I can't sit comfortably at all, but all the beds are made, the pantry's half cleared out so dh can redo the shelves, I'm halfway through another pair of newborn longies, made a *ton* of spaghetti sauce today, and put my mom to work with half this today, too. I even took photos of most of it.

Dh also took ds with him out of town today, so it was nice being able to attempt all that without 'assistance' from ds.

Still cranky, hormonal and impatient though. At least it'll end eventually.

Wife to an amazing hubby, mother hen to four chicken3.gif 
(If you're curious, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2010, and yes, it's a busy house)
#28 of 39 Old 03-06-2006, 12:13 PM

I haven't posted for a while!! I kinda got sick of thinking/talking about pregnancy. BUT I'm nearing the end (I'll be 35 weeks on Thursday). I'm having back/hip/neck pain lately. It's misery.
I was given the best gift yesterday! My friend came by and had bought me an entire nursery set! I didn't have any furniture thus far due to finances, and now I have it all! I was worried that because I didn't have furniture I wasn't going to feel ready, and my mental vibes would keep this baby in for eternity! Now, as soon as we get his room all set up and pretty, I'll be ready!

I do still have a dozen or more diapers to sew for him. Since www.ClothThoughts.com opened, I've been SO busy! I think I'm going to have to close for custom orders by the end of the month at the latest! I don't want to go into labor with unfinished orders!

I had my baby shower on Saturday. It was VERY well done. My friend Ruth did a great job! It's my only shower, which I am SO grateful for! Honestly, I've been really tired lately and don't want to have to deal with any big stressful things.

Oh, and whoever asked, the baby's movements hurt me too at times. :
#29 of 39 Old 03-06-2006, 01:23 PM

(incoming complaints -- sorry)

So I typed all that good anti-insomnia stuff on the can't sleep thread but the past four nights the BABY has kept me up until WAY late.

Now how the heck do you combat that? Only thing I know to try is I get up and rock in the glider but as soon as I stop, she starts squirming again. And once she starts, she won't stop moving for HOURS at a time. I thought babes in utero were only awake for like 20 mins at a time -- or is she moving that much in her sleep? I'm talking from midnight til 3AM she won't settle down.

It hurts like mad too, most of the time. I started crying last night and woke up DH because I was so miserable. And I was like "I know we're not ready yet but I want her out here not in there anymore." For the first time I was able to understand why some women respond so readily to the suggestion of induction. (No, I'm not planning on that but I can def empathize now.)

So finally around 3 o'clock I ended up taking a phenergan because I was making myself sick. And about 30 minutes later I fell asleep. Thank GOD.

Is all that normal?

The only thing different I've been doing lately is I switched my iron supplement from Floradix (which wasn't working for me) to a diff chelated iron 25mgs from the HFS. I take it in the morning with food. 1x/day. Could that be affecting the baby's movement late at night so dramatically? I thought they slowed down toward the end. She's sped up. A lot. And the iron hasn't affected my energy levels from what I can tell -- not yet anyway. But last night she was up from 9 to around 11:30 then again from midnight til 3. It was miserable. I talk to her and rock and rub my tummy and try to shush her. But it doesn't work. If I play music for her, she moves more.

And I'm with those of you who are having BH almost nonstop. Especially in the evenings. Drinking water (and some juices) per usual but I think I pee it out so quickly nothing sticks haha.

Cervix is incredibly soft but last week when I checked it was still high and angled back. But I've just felt...weird...for a few days now and last night I got kind of scared because I haven't finished packing my bag yet and there's still a few things to do, so that's my main job today.

I've got a chiro appt today and will go to the grocery to stock up on loads of stuff but after that I honestly could see myself not leaving the house til it's time to have the baby.

Anyone else in cave mode? I swear my abdomen is made of concrete. And I'm pretty freaking miserable right now. And I don't even start week 36 'til Thursday...sigh.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#30 of 39 Old 03-06-2006, 03:14 PM

I was right about feeling like I was getting sick when I said that on Friday. I had the stomach flu all weekend....it should really be impossible to be that sick when you are this pregnant! I spent all Friday night throwing up so hard that my whole body hurt. I finally started being able to keep some fluids down on Saturday so I luckily didn't have to go to ER for an IV. Luckily DD seemed to not be too sick from it which made my life a little easier. I had worked SO hard deep cleaning, nesting, whatever you want to call it, on Friday that I was SO completely exhausted, then being hit with that nasty bug I am still so extremely tired. Still eating bland foods and feeling yucky, but doing much better today. I did get all the baby's clothes washed and put away this weekend, and started working on prewashing all the newborn diapers. I just have to give my house a little tidy up today and then I'm going to just relax. My homevisit is tommorrow, as well is dd's hearing test with a specialist so I'm a bit nervous about it all! I really want to continue scrubbing and organizing but I know that I need to rest because I'm sure I'm still slightly dehydrated.

~Rebecca~

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page