I've already LOST it! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 03-06-2006, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My plug, that is. LOL I was at church yesterday morning and went to the bathroom and there it was. Or I am pretty sure that's what it was. What else COULD it have been? LOL So I went out and casually told my DH. He was instantly like...."Does that mean....gulp....it's TIME?" No dear. LOL I didn't want to laugh at him. Anyway...so for the rest of the service I notice him really looking at me alot....(he sits in front of me in the front pew to run the sound and the two youngest boys sit with me most of the time). Then after church we go ahead and head out to our usual eating spot, a mexican place and he asks me if I called my MW. I said no, I didn't. He was like...well, why NOT? LOL The whole thing was kinda cracking me up that he would be this ...concerned, I guess. I never thought he would react like this. LOL So, to make a long story short, I ended up standing outside the restaraunt calling my MW on my cell and telling her everything and her telling me basically what I already knew. That it could be hours or weeks. *sigh* : Oh well....but she said to call her if I have ANY contractions...not to sit around and time them and all that.

So, that's my big update for the weekend! Guess I will finish those diapers today or tomorrow, just in case! But I don't expect it to happen anytime soon.
#2 of 24 Old 03-06-2006, 01:05 PM

That's cute (about your dh). I remember loosing mine w/my first pregnancy and looking it up in a book to see what that meant in regards to when I'd go into labor. It said something stupid like labor would begin no more than 16 days later. It was probably a month later before I had my dd! Of course I was counting down those 16 days in the meantime, thinking that it would happen any second.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#3 of 24 Old 03-06-2006, 02:40 PM

ohmy! so...... um.... what's that feel like?
#4 of 24 Old 03-06-2006, 05:20 PM

I have been losing parts of my plug for months now, it stopped about a month ago and now has started again. It is kind of gross to constantly be seing all that. LOL. It is absolutely NOT a sign of labor. Your mucous plug can regenerate itself so who knows maybe you will lose it again.
Allison

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#5 of 24 Old 03-06-2006, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

nah, I don't figure it will be another 4 weeks until I have her but I don't think it's going to be this week either.

It didn't really feel like anything.....to be honest, it was just....there. But it was clear with streaks of white in it, and it was about the size of a dime, I guess. I am just trying to ignore the fact that I saw it and act like nothings changed. Just go along the way I have been. Ready...but trying to get things ready. KWIM? heheh
#6 of 24 Old 03-06-2006, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK
I have been losing parts of my plug for months now, it stopped about a month ago and now has started again. It is kind of gross to constantly be seing all that. LOL. It is absolutely NOT a sign of labor. Your mucous plug can regenerate itself so who knows maybe you will lose it again.
Allison
: Me too. I actually started losing it really early on (like about 20 weeks) which freaked me out, but my MW assured me that everything was normal. Suddenly the last few days I'm losing it again...EWWWW! I hope this is the last of it because its yucky!

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#7 of 24 Old 03-06-2006, 07:37 PM

I lost my plug about three weeks before my daughter was born. It was kind of exciting, I remember!

Congratulations! It is one step closer to having your babe.
#8 of 24 Old 03-06-2006, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah, now that I read this, I guess I've been losing pieces all along, as well (from about 20 weeks, too!) I thought it might be pieces of it, but really wasn't sure, but what else could it be? It's pretty distinctive. That's interesting that it can keep regenerating. So I wonder how I'll know that this is finally *it*, since I lose some every 2 weeks or so.

Mary
#9 of 24 Old 03-07-2006, 12:13 AM

Yeah, mine seems to come out it bits. I've been having a lot of pink mucus when I wipe for about a week now. I did the same thing with all three kids. Never saw a big chunk or anything.

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
#10 of 24 Old 03-07-2006, 09:57 AM

Yeah, I lost mine too. I didn't bother calling anybody about it, either, I just told Mike and my physical therapist. Mike said, "What does that really mean?" and I said, "Not a whole hell of a lot, considering that this is our third child. My cervix has probably dialated a bit. I'll probably still go damn near term." "Okay."

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#11 of 24 Old 03-07-2006, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
"Not a whole hell of a lot, "
EXACTLY! Still, it IS exciting.

And this morning around 3 I woke to contractions. Hurt pretty bad too, but they finally went away and I went back to sleep.
#12 of 24 Old 03-07-2006, 01:18 PM

Ooh, lucky! I never lost mine with DD. I really wish I had! Maybe I will this time.

I *think* remember being told that it grows back within 24 hours if you don't have the baby.

Good luck!

#13 of 24 Old 03-07-2006, 08:53 PM

I think I lost some of mine today. I just posted about it on another thread, but I was peeing and saw it come out, but it vanished down the toilet so I couldn't check it out anymore. I haven't had any other random stuff come out of me though, so what else could it be? I had a bit of blood when I wiped too. I had my first baby early, so I really don't want this one to be early too though. I never lost mine with my first either until I was in labor. I'm glad to hear it could still be a while. I just want to make it for 3 more weeks.
#14 of 24 Old 03-07-2006, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

I've since then had a few more instances with stuff coming out. Basically the same looking over-all. Plus the diarrhea...I've had it off and on all day. I usually don't even go poo every day!
#15 of 24 Old 03-08-2006, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefsJen
I've since then had a few more instances with stuff coming out. Basically the same looking over-all. Plus the diarrhea...I've had it off and on all day. I usually don't even go poo every day!
Sounds like your body is getting ready!!
Allison

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#16 of 24 Old 03-08-2006, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

man, I sure hope so. I need something now to make me happy. I have hit a major depression spurt. I just want to crawl into a hole and cry.
#17 of 24 Old 03-08-2006, 01:48 PM

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#18 of 24 Old 03-09-2006, 09:36 PM

This reminds me of my last conversation with my mom. We were talking about a friend who had her ds on Tuesday after losing her plug on Monday. Mom told me that she had never heard the term until hearing my sis and sil talking about it two years ago and she started thinking of the context and figured out what they were talking about. She said she had no book and docs gave very little info about birth in those days. It just wasn't something that was discussed. So sad, really to be kept in the dark and not know what's going on with your body.
#19 of 24 Old 03-10-2006, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Orchid
I *think* remember being told that it grows back within 24 hours if you don't have the baby.
Sometimes, but not always. Mine didn't with BeanBean, and I doubt that it will with this one because the reason that I lost my plug was dilation. I mean, your plug can't grow back if your cervix is open, you know?

#20 of 24 Old 03-10-2006, 02:50 AM

I thought maybe it would just grow back a bit bigger to fill the space or something. I actually didn't know it would grow back until this conversation! I went to my 34 wk appt yesterday and the MW told me my cervix is soft and I'm dilated a fingertip. So that doesn't really tell us anything, but it's still a little exciting, and good to know it doesn't mean the babe will come too early.
#21 of 24 Old 03-10-2006, 03:03 AM

I am just wondering how u guys catch it or see it cuz I have had three kids and am always trying to look for something and have never seen my plug come out.

Now that I am 33 weeks maybe someone can tel me exactly what to look for...I mean I hope its alot different than what semen looks like otherwise cuz i havent seen pieces of bits of anything and anything that comes out looks like normal discharge...I really would like to see it this time.

Momma to GG (dd - 14 yrs old), Active (ds - 10 yrs old), Toon (dd - 8 years old), Olive (ds - 5 years old), Princess (dd - 4 years old) and babyboy.gif Keemo (ds - 24 days old)

#22 of 24 Old 03-10-2006, 03:39 AM

When I had my daughter, I sat on the birth ball, sometime in transition, and when I got up there was some ummmm bloody goo stuff left where I sat. That was really all I saw of it.

This time, I just saw a little blob thing about the size of a dime go into the toilet when I peed. I couldn't really see it. I've asked lots of mommas about it and lots of them haven't seen their plug at all. Sometimes I think it comes out gradually, just like a little thicker discharge than usual so that probably is harder to notice. Good luck spotting yours
#23 of 24 Old 03-10-2006, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

mine was the same as what Nadine described. It was about the size of a dime or so and it was a clear glob with white streaks. Since then I have had more that was smaller, not so much a glob really, and it was clear. Very very stretchy stuff too. Not so much like a discharge consistancy, more solid, yet very stretchable. Make sense at all? And I never saw any except with this pregnancy, and it's my 4th baby.
#24 of 24 Old 03-11-2006, 12:20 AM

With BeanBean, it seemed like there was a ton of bloody show... it was just like huge gobs of bloody mucous, totally gross. I never lost my plug with BooBah (when she was born, my cervix was still very tightly closed). This time, It looked like I'd blown my nose into my underpants. Yick.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page