starting a "baby stay in" vibes thread... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 03-06-2006, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
... in case anyone other than me is freaking about Baby coming "too soon".....

I'm aiming for 37 weeks, so I can have my Birth Center/Water Birth, rather than a Hospital birth....

One week and one day to go.

(Last night, I had regular contrax for an hour or so, and it freaked me out!)

Anyone else???

#2 of 15 Old 03-06-2006, 02:01 PM

I'll join up! My goal is for about 38.5 weeks (I'd really like an April birthdate, plus the added benefit of fatter babies). It's awfully tempting to want them out now though. More work, yes, but at least I'd be comfortable. But yeah, babies stay in!!!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#3 of 15 Old 03-06-2006, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemommy
One week and one day to go
Me too I've had a couple evening where I had contractions start up and freak me out, but so far he is staying in. After working so hard to get everything ready for the homebirth, only being a week away from being ready to go for it and to end up with having to go to hospital instead because he comes to early would be devastating to me. I've been suddenly nesting like crazy, like I did at about 40 weeks with my dd which makes me nervous. I'm focusing on finishing up organizing all the homebirth supplies, making some frozen foods for pp and knitting the last of my newborn soakers this week. I'm hoping that keeping busy (but not too active) will help keep me from worrying. I am at that point where I'm even scared to visualize labor because I'm afraid that it will actually happen!

Stay in baby vibes for all of us!

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#4 of 15 Old 03-06-2006, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_homebirthing
I'll join up! My goal is for about 38.5 weeks (I'd really like an April birthdate, plus the added benefit of fatter babies). It's awfully tempting to want them out now though. More work, yes, but at least I'd be comfortable. But yeah, babies stay in!!!
Huge hugs to you!!! I can not imagine how you are doing it!!! Come, on Babies, fatten up! xoxox
#5 of 15 Old 03-06-2006, 03:06 PM

Here's to having full-term babies
I really hope for you, love_homebirthing. One of my friends carried her twins to 38 weeks and both girls weighed over 7lbs each!
#6 of 15 Old 03-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
3 weeks, 3 days till I am 37 weeks.

2 weeks until I move.

So, I would ideally like to wait until around April 11th or so.

Though I am looking forward to being able to walk normally again. :lo

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#7 of 15 Old 03-06-2006, 06:16 PM

Stay in baby vibes for us all

I've been having regular contractions this afternoon / evening and I'm pretty freaked out. I have 3 weeks to make it to 37, I want to get to at least 36 when my MW is happy to attend homebirth but I am planning on 40
#8 of 15 Old 03-06-2006, 07:04 PM

I'm with you on the vibes 'til St. Patrick's Day, then I start week 37 and can go to the birth center, so after that the bean can come whenever she's ready.

So Adina, you can have my edd if you want *grins* I wouldn't mind a BIT if my little one showed up a before 4/12, so long as she's ready and healthy.

I've asked her to please stay put until after March 16th. Beyond that I'm gtg and leaving it up to her.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#9 of 15 Old 03-06-2006, 08:51 PM

My m/w can deliver at the birth center at 36w5d or so. I'm keeping him in at least another week and 3 days then.

I had my GBS swab today, though, and he's still floating, not engaged at all, and my cervix is high and closed. So I'm thinking we're hanging out for a good while longer.
#10 of 15 Old 03-07-2006, 06:27 PM

I just want this baby to ENGAGE in my pelvis and stop flipping every couple hours. I swear, head will be down in the morning, and up in the evening, or vice versa. I KNOW this means there's plenty of room, etc. etc. and babies can and do turn even during labor. Having had a baby turn at 40 weeks 5 days and come out footling breech at 41 weeks, I KNOW it can happen, I just don't WANT it to happen anymore. I know I'm seeing a caregiver who can handle breech without freaking out this time, and without my baby ending up dead, but she's not "allowed' to plan to do breech births vag and I DO NOT want surgery!!! So, all I want is a head down baby, who will stay that way and come OUT that way. Is that such a huge thing to ask?

Kathryn
#11 of 15 Old 03-07-2006, 08:45 PM

I'm also aiming for 37 weeks. I'm at 34 weeks, and my daughter was born at 35 so I'm kind of freaked out. I've been nesting like mad, and today I'm afraid I may have lost some of the mucus plug. I didn't lose it with my first until I was in serious active labor, so I don't even know if that was it. I peed, and a little blob came out, and then when I wiped I saw the tiniest spot of blood. The blob disappeared straight down the toilet so I couldn't inspect it at all. I considered sticking my hand down there, but no thank you!

I'm planning a hospital birth with a midwife and if I go this early, I'm sure I'll get handed off to some ucky OB. stay in there baby!!
#12 of 15 Old 03-07-2006, 11:19 PM

I'm actually hoping like heck for a late baby, even though my body is sure ready to get this baby out. I'm at 34 weeks and 2 days. If you can even imagine this, a huge huge huge grant that I have to write (to keep my organization afloat) came OUT last Friday and the proposal is due on April 24! My due date is the 14! It's the craziest thing ever. I'm working like mad, being hyper-productive trying to get the darned thing done as early as possible or at least get as much done as I possibly can... and hoping and sending good vibes to this baby to stay in there as long as she can!!!!!
Good baby vibes everyone, Marian
#13 of 15 Old 03-08-2006, 06:10 PM

Can I ask for some extra 'baby stay in' vibes right now? I posted another thread about how I've been having some reddish spotting, cramps, etc and I'm kinda worried. My MW said it could have been from the exam I had yesterday, but that spotting turned brownish really fast and then went away by last night. I can't have a homebirth until next Tuesday at the earliest...I just CAN'T have this baby in a hospital

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#14 of 15 Old 03-08-2006, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialdrmrmama
Can I ask for some extra 'baby stay in' vibes right now? ..... I can't have a homebirth until next Tuesday at the earliest...I just CAN'T have this baby in a hospital

You got 'em sweetie!!!!!
#15 of 15 Old 03-09-2006, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialdrmrmama
Can I ask for some extra 'baby stay in' vibes right now? I posted another thread about how I've been having some reddish spotting, cramps, etc and I'm kinda worried. My MW said it could have been from the exam I had yesterday, but that spotting turned brownish really fast and then went away by last night. I can't have a homebirth until next Tuesday at the earliest...I just CAN'T have this baby in a hospital
Absolutely!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page