March 8-15th updates!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 85 Old 03-11-2006, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, my midwife wants to be really sure. When I went of my ultrasound at 28 weeks they said I was about a week behind of my due date. I'm really scared, am I suppose to feel like I have the flu? Chills, Bm's a lot etc, stomach is really tight... I really don't have pain just feel really sick.

Also My MW STILL hasn't told me where her house is. I still need to view the place and the birthing pool. Getting scared here.
#62 of 85 Old 03-11-2006, 03:33 PM

Hi all. Sorry for all of you who feel crappy. I am with you on it. I can't sleep or stay awake. Food thats good for me has no appeal, so for breakfast I had Doritos! I woke up at 2 this am and went back to sleep at 6. Then we got a storm. I let my dogs out to potty and my little Boston terrier was out in the rain, which he loves. But I forgot how he hates storms. It thundered as I was opening the screen door, he jumped so high. And then he started crying. I let him in and he hid under the kitchen table. I felt likea bad mom. We only had him a year and I forgot if him or his sister were the one that was scared, guess I know now.

I am still wanting to nest, but usually I pawn my crazy thoughts of things that need done on my hubby...poor guy. We sat down and listed room by room all that needed done, a whole page for each room! Bathroom and bedroom are done. He works til Monday, so Tuesday we can start on other stuff. He promised to get 3 of 5 done this week and the next nice day he will clean the yard. That means cleaning poo from our 4 dogs. Better him than me. I did it all last summer, so its his turn.

Our over went on the blink 2 months ago, the repairman fixed it yesterday. I thought I would never cook again. It worked while broken, but took forever to cook any thing. Poor dh made me a bday cake last week that took 2 hours to make.

I don't know how I'll get anything done after this baby is born. My other 2 kids are driving me nuts now, how will I cope with a new born? DD is going to her nana's house for 2 weeks after baby is born and will be gone for Easter! I'll be so sad. DS will spend the weekends that DH works with my dad in WV. So I'll have kids in 3 states, new guy in Ohio, DD in NC, DS in WV. What will I do? I'll miss them, but will probly be too tired to do much about it.

My back is better today, but I am peeing every 15/20 minutes. I feel like a blimp. Its not comfy. I go to the dr. on Tuesday, so I'll know more about baby then, I think I get an U/S.

See you all latter!!!

Dawn
#63 of 85 Old 03-11-2006, 07:18 PM

boovert - I don't think you're supposed to feel like you have the flu unless you do. As far as labor goes, uterine firmness and loose bm's would be normal. I could see a person getting chills too, but usually more around the time they're in transition. Nothing wrong with calling your mw just to check in and see if there's anything special she wants you to do. And while you're at it, get her address & setup a time to stop by. I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm not officially on bedrest but the mw really REALLY wants me to do pretty much nothing until at LEAST 36 weeks (which will be wednesday). After that date she's open to doing the homebirth although I think technically she's not "supposed" to until 37. But I'm comfy with 36 weeks if need be (just hope it's not needed that early). Anyway, I got a lecture from her b/c she called to setup my homevisit and I was out visiting a friend who was here for like a minute from out of state. I really didn't do anything - just sit and talk (and I stopped by the mall briefly but I didn't mention that). She wasn't pleased and honestly I was contracting like a mad woman. So I'm trying really hard - especially when dh is home - to just stay in bed and it pretty much sucks. I don't even have cable to keep me entertained! {{{{sigh}}}}} We'll get through this - one day at a time. Take care of yourself.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#64 of 85 Old 03-11-2006, 08:41 PM

I've been an incredibly lazy lurker on the weekly updates... but I'm getting so excited as some of you get closer. I'm sorry about the sickness, the bedrest, the anemia, and all the late pregnancy blahs.
#65 of 85 Old 03-11-2006, 08:46 PM

You know, I've read that bedrest doesn't actually do all that much to prevent preterm delivery in most cases. In fact, it's unlikely to help all that much unless you've got an incompotent cervix, and in that case you kind of need to lie around with your butt up in the air for the second and third trimesters. From what I remember, staying hydrated and making sure that you get enough to eat are far bigger factors in keeping babies (especially multiples, but singles too) in. I wish I could remember where I read it...

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#66 of 85 Old 03-11-2006, 11:50 PM

Yeah, I've read the same thing so I haven't put too much stock in it. However, I do notice that I get extra contraction-y when I'm moving about (and at this point, with my size, is very difficult and uncomfortable and slow) so I think taking it easy is a good idea. I don't know that it will help keep the babies in, but I think it will be nicer on my body. At least for now. Oh, and yelling at the kids doesn't help me any. :

#67 of 85 Old 03-12-2006, 11:10 AM

So sorry so many are down!

I've been cleaning up quite a bit, although the volume of work that needs to be done is overwhelming. I am throwing up again~not all the time, and it's not terrible~almost once a day. I hope and pray that this is my version of braxton hicks or something and I'm doing some kinda work before labor~LOL! That would be real nice for a change. I'm not wanting yet another marathon labor, and yet when I picture myself holding my baby I feel okay, no matter what! (((((HUGS))))) sandi
#68 of 85 Old 03-12-2006, 12:45 PM

Sorry for those of you who are sick. I'm right there with you. Congestion, wretched sore throat, low grade fever. It's not freaking fair.

I had read the same thing about bedrest, but in my case I'm convinced it's the only reason these babes are still cooking. They were ready to come at 31 weeks, cervix was soft and open, strong contractions every 10 minutes, all signs were there. I took to bed for 2 weeks and all the symptoms stopped. In fact at my last visit my cervix had regenerated. I wanted to cry.

I'm 2 days shy of 37 weeks and miserable. Just plain miserable. It hurts to stand, sit, lie down. I'm too tired to sleep and pee the entire night through. The babies have estimated weights of 2600 grams and 2700 grams which--I know it's just an estimate--sound darn fine to me. DS was born at 2800. I just want them out. I hate going outside and being a freak show. Hate bumping into things and people with my overextended belly. Hate feeling like an unstable whale. Poor DS has taken the brunt of my frustration as he;s hitting an especially trying stage.

And to top it all off, I made it through one complete pregnancy and 36.5 weeks of a twin pregnancy with not a single stretch mark only to wake up Thrusday AM to a freakin' purple atlas on my belly.

And, oh yes, Baby B (like DS which led to a 20 plus hour back labor) is posterior. I just want to crawl into bed, but it hurts too much.

Paula
#69 of 85 Old 03-12-2006, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry for being so grouchy in my last post : I seriously thought I was gonna lose my mind!

First of all... big s to the twin mamas! I can't even imagine how much more uncomfortable you must be. You ladies take it easy, you hear me!?

LHB-Thats exactly what happens to me when I walk around, I start getting ctx, constant cramping and feel like the baby is trying to push through my cervix. I guess we should both rest more until we are ok for our homebirths!

nighten- I'd try the bitter apple, but I'd have to hose down my whole house at this point You never know what she is going to chew on next and we can never catch her in the act : The cat is acting MUCH better after having some malt and some aloe juice for kitties from the HFS. Thanks for the advice though!

I had a really nice day yesterday, went to a friend's house for big pancake/potluck breakfast with 4 other families (a total of 6 families with us and the hosts- so TONS of kids). I think everyone had an awesome time, and I know I really didn't want to leave because I was having such a good time I forgot how much my pelvis hurts. I came home and picked up my house a little, then just sat around and did pretty much nothing...not what I wanted to do...just what I felt like I could do. I had an awful migraine last night (probably because I'm getting anxious about the baby) so I ended up going to bed at like 7:30, but then still slept in until 8am with dd this am : I'm drinking a caffienated chai tea right now hoping that will keep me from getting that headache again. I woke up in the middle of the night and just laid in bed thinking of all the things I could work on today around the house since DH is gone to a swap meet all day I forgot to factor in the pain and exhaustion when I thought about all those nifty ideas I feel okay right now, just like I did when I first woke up yesterday but after walking around even just my house I feel awful. I've decided I'm not having the baby on Tuesday like I had planned on after all. My friend said she is planning 'something' (won't tell me what!) for Wednesday evening so I have to wait until after then to have this little guy. She completely screwed up my birthing plans but I'm excited to see what she's up to So I guess I'm have the baby on Thursday instead...yeah I think that works okay for everyone's schedules

I'm trying to finish up the baby's newborn wool covers (knitting them that is) and then getting all his wool stash lanolized today. Then I'm going to go to Target to pick up a portable CD player to use for while I'm in labor (check out a cd called "On a Starry Night" at amazon.com if you are still looking for laboring music ) and a new lampshade for in our living room since dd decide to throw a toy car at one yesterday and break it : Maybe I might freeze some enchiladas for pp if I feel up to it this afternoon....or maybe I'll just do nothing all day instead!

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#70 of 85 Old 03-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Anyone wanna come paint for me?

How about pack?

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#71 of 85 Old 03-12-2006, 03:27 PM

LOL, I just painted the other day. If anyone wanted to come sew for me and maybe even clean they are mor ethen welcome
#72 of 85 Old 03-13-2006, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL

How about pack?

I am weird but I love packing!! I would do it if I was closer.
Allison
Its unpacking that I hate.

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#73 of 85 Old 03-13-2006, 11:12 AM

Hi just wanted to update everyone, I'm 35 weeks today and have 23 days til my c/s!!I get tomeet my little boy on 4/5! I'm soooooo happy!

DAWN
#74 of 85 Old 03-13-2006, 12:30 PM

How exciting Dawn! Mine is scheduled for April 4, but I am not sure I am going to make it that long. I lost a good chunk of my mucus plug on Saturday and have been having contractions every 12-15 minutes for a day and a half. I just couldnt imagine going on like this for 21 more days......
#75 of 85 Old 03-13-2006, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

How exciting that we are all getting so close! I'm 37 weeks tommorrow and officially able to have a homebirth then I have plans to clean my house, finish a soaker (and lanolize it) and make a casserole to freeze today. I want to have the last few things done just in case he really does come when my prediction was...which is tommorrow! I did wake up in the night for awhile last night and have to take a bath because the baby was putting so much pressure on my tailbone, and did have some contractions yesterday when walking around at Target...so we shall see. Once dd goes to bed tonight... well you know ...maybe that will help my body decide to do something! I'm extremely uncomfortable and really would not mind if this little guy decided to come soon!

~Rebecca~

#76 of 85 Old 03-13-2006, 12:51 PM

I am so envious of all of you who are getting close. I am only 34 weeks, so I have six weeks before my due date. I can hardly stand it anymore. I just want this baby to come out!

Not that I would want to give birth right now, not until my cold goes away. Last night was hell and I am going to my doc this morning for a strep test. I really hope I don't have an infection - I don't want anything to do with antibiotics. However, it has been five days and my throat has gotten worse not better, so who knows. Swallowing water even hurts.
#77 of 85 Old 03-13-2006, 02:10 PM

Today is my "good to go" date for a Birth Center Birth (celestial-- wonder why you have to go til the 14th and I can go on the 13th? Technically today is our last day of our 37th week, right? Maybe that's how my MW count... anyhow, good luck with the FULL MOON TOMORROW!!!! If I go in to labor tomorrow night I will soooo be thinking of you!!!)..... and I'm glad because I have a lot to get done, and I am having lots of contrax, so I'm just kinda going for it.... wish me luck!

Got good stuff done over the weekend.... getting ready!!!

Wow. Freaky.
#78 of 85 Old 03-13-2006, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemommy
Today is my "good to go" date for a Birth Center Birth (celestial-- wonder why you have to go til the 14th and I can go on the 13th? Technically today is our last day of our 37th week, right? Maybe that's how my MW count... anyhow, good luck with the FULL MOON TOMORROW!!!! If I go in to labor tomorrow night I will soooo be thinking of you!!!)..... and I'm glad because I have a lot to get done, and I am having lots of contrax, so I'm just kinda going for it.... wish me luck!

Got good stuff done over the weekend.... getting ready!!!

Wow. Freaky.

I have no clue why that is. Even my midwives each tell me that I'm on the new week on a different day because they use a different wheel thingy. One of them says Tuesday is a new week, the other one says Wednesday Everything I've seen online always says Tuesday is a new for us. So thats what I'm going by! They aren't allowed to do a homebirth unless I'm between 37-42 weeks and when I talked to one of the MWs about my labor scare last week she said I couldn't until this week. I suppose if I went into labor tonight they probably would be fine with it though.

Anyone else suddenly STARVING? It is the weirdest thing, I haven't been hungry most of this pregnancy (only gained 4lbs, but I am overweight). Suddenly yesterday I can't quit stuffing my face! Normally when we got to this one restaurant I can only eat half a sandwich a little bit of my salad. Yesterday I ate all my sandwich, all my salad, 2 glasses of juice spritzer and then picked off of Anna's plate This morning I have eaten more than I normally do for the entire day! :

~Rebecca~

#79 of 85 Old 03-13-2006, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialdrmrmama
Anyone else suddenly STARVING? It is the weirdest thing, I haven't been hungry most of this pregnancy (only gained 4lbs, but I am overweight). Suddenly yesterday I can't quit stuffing my face! Normally when we got to this one restaurant I can only eat half a sandwich a little bit of my salad. Yesterday I ate all my sandwich, all my salad, 2 glasses of juice spritzer and then picked off of Anna's plate This morning I have eaten more than I normally do for the entire day! :
Yes me! I'm sitting here now, an hour after a bowl of pasta & veg and I'm hungry again!
#80 of 85 Old 03-13-2006, 05:38 PM

I've haven't been starving yet, but I've at least been more hungry. And when I wake up around 3am to pee then I've been feeling hungry enough then to actually eat something (usually a banana cuz it's easy). But I really haven't been hungry at all this pregnancy so I see this as an improvement!

Anyone else having to force their pee out now? Lately I just get a trickle a lot of the time but I can feel that I need to pee way more than that so I have to push it out. I suppose that's pretty normal though at this late stage.

#81 of 85 Old 03-13-2006, 06:00 PM

LbH, yes! It's incredibly annoying. And there is so much pressure on my tailbone, not to mention the fingers fluttering in my cervix that any bathroom visit is a bit of an adventure.

37 weeks tomorrow and I must say that I am ready to meet these boys.
#82 of 85 Old 03-13-2006, 09:33 PM

starving? i wish. not that i've not gained enough... heehee.... but baby dropped last night, so there's NO ROOM anymore! ack!
#83 of 85 Old 03-13-2006, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL

How about pack?

Hehe. I'm having the hardest time too. Although I think the nesting has some effect on baby bonding and excitement I feel to meet the baby. Now if I could actually do something! I have the instinct, but get so tired and frustrated.

Thankfully I think my husband is getting all of my pregnancy symptoms. He goes to sleep earlier now. He cleaned like crazy this weekend and even has dreams about the baby. I feel kind of guilty not being able to clean as much as him.

Just 3 more weeks of work. Here's to NOT going crazy.
#84 of 85 Old 03-13-2006, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialdrmrmama
Anyone else suddenly STARVING?
Yup...once I quit feeling pukey my appetite just returned to normal and I felt like I ate pretty normally. I've always been the type to graze throughout the day and eat small meals frequently. I was actually a little worried about getting enough in but the weight gain has been perfect, so no problem. Well, that all changed a few weeks ago! My husband, mother and mw are all in awe at how much I can now eat in one sitting. Like, they sit around and talk to each other about it

I don't really know how it works b/c I'm sure my stomach is squashed up somewhere near my left lung, but I can eat vast quantities of food these days. When I'm hungry I'm *hungry*!! My husband commented on the fact that we never have doggie bags at restaraunts anymore b/c I just finish everything It's kind of amazing, really. You'd think it would make the nasty heartburn worse, but I've found that I have more heartburn when my stomach is empty. So, bring on the food!!

Jessica, CNM placenta.gif+ DH geek.gif + sweet boy (4/06) jog.gif
#85 of 85 Old 03-14-2006, 01:04 AM

Hey all!

There is a new update thread that someone started....

http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...d.php?t=422755

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page