March 8-15th updates!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to get this started for the week. Eilonwy posted on the end of the last thread, so don't miss that though!

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#2 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Here's the link to last week's thread so noone misses any posts http://www.mothering.com/discussions...=1#post4720942

~Rebecca~

#3 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 01:30 PM

Hmmm. Let's see. Luke is measuring between 6 and 6.5 lb now. That is bigger than any baby I've had so I'm excited about that. I failed my second GTT on Monday, so now my doc has me keeping a log of blood sugars. My bp is okay and my bronchitis is getting better.

I am just ready to be done. I'd be thrilled if he was born today. Come out Luke!

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
#4 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 01:32 PM

Joining in again! Things haven't slowed down, but I thought I deserved some leisure time on MDC.

I feel so bad, I haven't kept up, I hope everyone is doing well and your babies are growing strong and getting ready to join the world! I have been getting relief from sciatica by seeing an acupuncturist for therapy once a week. Its amazing- I barely feel pregnant... Still thinking this is a boy and we're close to a name. Click on the link in my siggy to see what I've been working on. My DD moved into her "big girl room" two weeks ago. I made the bedspread, bedskirt and pillows. My grandmother is working on curtains. Its the first thing I've ever sewed successfully and I'm super proud. I also covered her old futon mattress with some cute toile fabric and moved it into the playroom.

That thread about everything we have to do before baby comes exhausted me. I think I need a nap

#5 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

So I had my 36 week homevisit yesterday! It was really exciting, I can't believe I am actually having a homebirth! I am so terrified of an experience like my dd's birth, that the idea of being at my home makes me actually look forward to the birth experience. My appointment went really well except that the MW thought the baby might have flipped to breech, as she couldn't find his head, his butt end wiggled like a head usually does when she was palpating, and his heart beat was heard up high. I was ready to freak out because that would be a big problem, especially at this far along, and we already had gotten him to switch to head down when I was 32 weeks or so. Anyway, so she asked to do a vaginal exam to verify that was his head (or butt) down there...and after much prodding and poking (can you say OWWW) he seems to be head down. Actually his head is engaged at 0 station already which is why I'm feeling so much pressure down there, and I'm dilated to 1cm and cervix is extremely soft and stretchy. I wasn't expecting to find out those things this time because I know they don't really mean much, but was exciting to know that it sounds like my body *is* actually getting ready like I thought. My MW seems to think that because my cervix is so soft and stretchy right now that it means a) I'll have the baby sooner rather than later and/or b) that my labor should proceed quickly. After going a week overdue with my dd, and a 27hour induced labor, I loved hearing that

I ended up without alot of spotting afterwards (much more than I ever remembered with a pelvic exam during my first pregnancy) and then menstrual cramp feelings along with my nightly BH. I was actually a little freaked out that the exam sent me into actual labor, but when I woke up this morning I felt fine. Only 6 more days and he's okay to be born at home! The day that I turn 37 weeks happens to be a full moon, and I've been telling him for awhile that he's okay to come out then...so we'll see! (I'm probably jinxing myself to going 2 weeks overdue by saying that )

~Rebecca~

#6 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 01:38 PM

I've got a mw appt. today. I'll update if there's anything interesting to say after that. Right now I'm just kinda nervous about things. I don't think I'm having an intuitive feeling that something is wrong - just normal pregnancy paranoia - but I just keep wondering about baby a. We can get a hb on the left side (where baby b supposedly is) but I can't find one of the right. One of the mw's supposedly got baby a's hb last week (using fetoscope so I didn't hear it myself) but then couldn't find it a bit later when she had her stopwatch to time it. I'm looking forward to seeing the more experienced mw today so hopefully she can either confirm how the babies are lying (according to what the other mw told me last week) or tell me something new. I think baby a is just posterior and is therefore hard to get a hb from. Sometimes I wonder if I should just let them use the freakin doppler but then what if they still can't find the hb? Wouldn't even guarantee that anything was wrong, but it sure would stress me out, so I'm not gonna do it. {{{sigh}}} And feeling movement isn't helping me much b/c there's 2 in there so how do I know who I'm feeling anyhow, kwim? Anyway, wish me luck that today they find 2 obviously distinct hb's. Just one more week to go then I'm cleared for a homebirth. Hope I make it - I've been contracting like crazy and am extremely uncomfortable!

ETA: Crossposted with a couple of you - Black Orchid, your dd's room looks GREAT! Good job mama! And Becca, the heartbeat that we can detect way down low can also be detected way up high (very strongly too and it appears to be the same hb). Maybe it's just easy to get a beat in their butt too.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#7 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

pfamilygal- Wow that's a nice size already! How many weeks are you now? Sorry to hear about your GTT, I hope you can keep your sugars under control with diet, I know most people are able to do that.

Black Orchid- That room is gorgeous! You must be so proud! I'm scared of sewing big projects, so I stick to little stuff like diapers and recycled wool longies

~Rebecca~

#8 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_homebirthing
: I've got a mw appt. today. I'll update if there's anything interesting to say after that. Right now I'm just kinda nervous about things. I don't think I'm having an intuitive feeling that something is wrong - just normal pregnancy paranoia - but I just keep wondering about baby a. We can get a hb on the left side (where baby b supposedly is) but I can't find one of the right. One of the mw's supposedly got baby a's hb last week (using fetoscope so I didn't hear it myself) but then couldn't find it a bit later when she had her stopwatch to time it. I'm looking forward to seeing the more experienced mw today so hopefully she can either confirm how the babies are lying (according to what the other mw told me last week) or tell me something new. I think baby a is just posterior and is therefore hard to get a hb from. Sometimes I wonder if I should just let them use the freakin doppler but then what if they still can't find the hb? Wouldn't even guarantee that anything was wrong, but it sure would stress me out, so I'm not gonna do it. {{{sigh}}} And feeling movement isn't helping me much b/c there's 2 in there so how do I know who I'm feeling anyhow, kwim? Anyway, wish me luck that today they find 2 obviously distinct hb's. Just one more week to go then I'm cleared for a homebirth. Hope I make it - I've been contracting like crazy and am extremely uncomfortable!
I will have my fingers and toes crossed for you that everything goes well at your appointment. I have complete faith in you that you are gonna keep baking those babies awhile longer I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable, I can't even imagine how much harder it is with 2 in there!

~Rebecca~

#9 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 01:55 PM

I'm 34 wks tomorrow. Which is longer than I've kept the last two in, so woo hoo for that as well. All my sonos from 16 wks on fit with my LMP though, which would make me 36 wks. So I feel ready. I'm still just 1 cm and squishy though.

I'm not sure the GTT was accurate. I know your sugars can be elevated when you are sick, and I have definitely been ill with this bronchitis. So he's just having me track sugars for now.

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
#10 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 02:11 PM

I'm at 37 weeks...hooray! Next Tues when I'd be 38 is the full moon and so I've been thinking about that too. Maybe an auspicious time for baby to come? But as of today's visit, cervix is closed up tight. Baby seems to be head down but doc still isn't 100% sure.
Not only have I been drinking raspberry leaf tea, but DH and I are starting to implement the plan to get labor going...nudge, nudge, wink, wink!!!
Doc offered to "strip my membranes" at next week's visit if I choose. I'm not sure about that.

Dawn, mom to 3 great kids and fishnoodles cloth diapers
#11 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 02:40 PM

Black Orchid, I feel bad for not having kept up, too. Things happen though, and I'm so happy to be able to lend any comment of encouragement or support!

celestialdrmrmama~I can't wait to read your birth story!

love_homebirthing~you're gonna make it! You're sooo close~prayers going up!

pffamilygal, when sick I drink soda~when normally I NEVER do! So my sugar would surely be elevated....

ThreeTimesAMama~you're sooo close! Is everything in order?

I am nesting, and I'm sooo happy~because I NEVER do! LOL! I'm such a slob... The desire is SO THERE, and then I'll stand up and baby will feel so heavy and low that I'll sit right back down again! LOL!

I know of a sad birth story that could give me anxiety if I let it, and I also wonder at times about the health of our little blessing due to the morphine and anesthesia and test drugs and dyes and such... Although deep down inside I'm sure all's well.

My last baby was three weeks late! I don't mind going late again, but the last two births have been marathon births with baby born in distress~but all worked out. I'd like to not have a marathon birth this time! (((((HUGS))))) sandi
#12 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)

Things going fine here.

Had a midwife appointment yesterday, bp 112/70, weight 188 (up from 160), baby is head down, going back and forth side to side depending on the day, plenty of fluid and heart sounds great.

Next appointment is my 36 week one at my new house. Nothing like having a house that is all boxes and trying to have a prenatal. At least the couch is being delivered today, so I will have that!

Okay, back to painting!!!!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#13 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 04:09 PM

I'm ready for this baby to be born, too. Totally ready. Not that I've got everything prepared, you understand, but I'm very tired of being pregnant.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#14 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 04:10 PM

Glad to hear everyone is doing well or as well as u could be doing being pregnant...

i 'll be 33 weeks tomorrow...we were supposed to be moving to our newly built house on March 10th but everything is not ready yet....I am getting nervous that the move is gettin to close to my due date...and since we are renting this place we had to be out by the beginning of march...so nerve wracking.

otherwise, i can't sleep, it hurts 2 turn from side to side, i can't breathe, my pubic bone is painful, I must of pulled a muscle on the back of my shin cuz it really hurts and feels balled up sort of.....the baby according to last visit is head down but I felt like my midwife was not sure but she wrote cephalic anyway...

just hoping for it to be over soon and baby to be in my arms....I have really had a hard pregnancy this time...so different then the other three...

Momma to GG (dd - 14 yrs old), Active (ds - 10 yrs old), Toon (dd - 8 years old), Olive (ds - 5 years old), Princess (dd - 4 years old) and babyboy.gif Keemo (ds - 24 days old)

#15 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 05:07 PM

Had a much more relaxing weekend. Nothing burned! Yay!

My weekly m/w visits started.. I'm up to 160lbs (!) bp 103/70 & 34 week Syddo is still head down curled up on my right side (as always!)! Everything is going great. Having regular b/h now which is reassuring me that my body will be as prepared as it can be for labor.

We adore our childbirth classes. I am in love with Penny Simkin. I feel really lucky to be in her class. She's an amazing person.

As much as I want the ailments of pregnancy overwith I also want a really well done Sydling, so I'm dealing.

Just started an aqua aerobics class @ the community centre with a newly pregnant friend... SOOOO nice!!!! I did NOT want to get out of the water! Yoga doesn't even provide that kind of relief!

Hope everyones' moves go smoothly! How exciting!!!!

Black Orchid the room looks AWESOME!!!!! You are so talented!!!!

love_homebirthing sending you lots of love & well done baby thoughts!!

Wife to my of 10 years, SAHM to my 2 beautiful homebirthed girls Sydney (4/29/2006) Kennedy (3/21/2010) & 1 super Newfoundland
#16 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeTimesAMama
I'm at 37 weeks...hooray! Next Tues when I'd be 38 is the full moon and so I've been thinking about that too. Maybe an auspicious time for baby to come? But as of today's visit, cervix is closed up tight. Baby seems to be head down but doc still isn't 100% sure.
Not only have I been drinking raspberry leaf tea, but DH and I are starting to implement the plan to get labor going...nudge, nudge, wink, wink!!!
Doc offered to "strip my membranes" at next week's visit if I choose. I'm not sure about that.
I wouldn't unless you are up against a deadline. My doc did that to me last time in the 38th week, my water broke before labor and that led to a cascade of interventions that led to c/s.
#17 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Administrator

twokids_uae - we are getting ready to move too...On the 18th!!! It is a little stressful -but I really can't/don't want to have this baby at the place we rent, so I am willing to push a little harder for the next week and a half in order to get stuff done. After that, well, DH is unpacking.

I just found out that my second job is ending early. Which is cool - because it just freed up two days a week, and absolultely terrifying because I needed the moneyfor baby stuff. Oh well, I guess that we will have what we have...and maybe a relative will be generous? : Yeah right...not with my relatives. My mom would be -but currently my grandma is unconcsious on a feeding tube and ventilator. So she is tapping herself out right now, and mom is supposed to be getting married this summer....soo, I guess we make do...baby doesn't care right? Someone keep telling me that I am not a bad mama - and baby doesn't care!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#18 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilushka
I wouldn't unless you are up against a deadline. My doc did that to me last time in the 38th week, my water broke before labor and that led to a cascade of interventions that led to c/s.
Penny lectured us about this last night since we're all big & pregnant & "ready to be done already" She advised letting the babies decide when they're done & to not consider ANY type of labor induction method unless you are "overdue" & already scheduled to go in to the hospital for induction. Apparently a lot of developmental changes occur in the last 2 weeks, like the accumulation of brown fat & transfer of the mothers antibodies. That helped me reframe my tiredness... at least for the time being

Hope things go well for you ThreeTimesAMama! It's exciting that you are sooo close!!!

Wife to my of 10 years, SAHM to my 2 beautiful homebirthed girls Sydney (4/29/2006) Kennedy (3/21/2010) & 1 super Newfoundland
#19 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL
Someone keep telling me that I am not a bad mama - and baby doesn't care!
you are NOT a bad mama! The baby really, really, REALLY won't care As long as she's got mama milk, a warm place to sleep next to you and you have some way of dealing with poops & pees (diapers, EC, whatever...) that baby is going to be as happy as can be! I know how hard it is to let go of your expectations of what you *want* to do for the baby to prepare vs what you actually can do, so I keep reminding myself how little a baby actually needs.

~Rebecca~

#20 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL
Someone keep telling me that I am not a bad mama - and baby doesn't care!
You know, I was really amazed at how little the kids needed. BeanBean needed about twice as much stuff as BooBah because he was born in winter and I didn't have a car. With BooBah, though... it was all good. It would have been nice to have cute stuff, but it wasn't strictly necessary.

BellyBean has gotten *two* new outfits-- one of those super easy, elastic-bottomed nightgowns (BooBah hated them, but maybe this one won't be such an early crawler : ) and one pink outfit to match BooBah's spring picture dress. Everything else will be handed down-- diapers, clothing, blankets, even her carseat (the one that BeanBean rode in, as well as BooBah). I've got two boobs and I know that they're capable of producing enough milk for 4 kids; I've got a few lovely slings, and I'm hoping to EC this baby so diapers won't be such a huge deal.

The one thing that I'd like to have for BellyBean that I don't have is a baby book. It's very, very, very important to me and I have no idea how I'm supposed to manage it right now. But, it depresses me to think about that, so I haven't.

Your baby will care-- if you don't give her nursies, she'll be unhappy. If you let her get too dirty, she'll itch. If you try to change her clothing too much, you'll get on her nerves. Brand new babies do, in fact, have opinions about everything. That doesn't mean that they need a ton of stuff. Love-loves and nursies really covers the vast majority of what new babies need in the vast majority of cases. You're totally ready.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#21 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 06:37 PM

Adina - baby won't care as long it gets lots of love and mama milk

I'm definately feeling better today. My legs aren't swelling as much and b/h contrax aren't as bad since my blood sugar is under control now and has been for about a week. So, I don't feel like this baby is going to come too soon now atleast in the next couple days like I felt like last week after doing too much. Whew! Since I'm only 34wks 3 days and I need to wait until 37 wks to have this baby at home. Only 17 days left until that date. Baby is still moving a lot, well atleast moving a lot when it does move. Mostly in the morning when it is trying to get me to get out of bed to eat something and at night I lay down,oh, and when I take a bath, cool to see the water move because the baby is moving so much.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#22 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 09:02 PM

Hello Everyone! ~ Well so far this week I'm doing fine. (compared to LAST week!) In the last posting I stated that I had a hugh bladder infection--- Well, it turns out I had passed a KIDNEY stone! : Whats weird about that is I never had the horrible pain that I've seen my other family members in. So how was I suppose to know?

I'm starting to feel weird now days. The baby is all the way down, so it feels like he will be falling out. Could this be BHicks?- Feel fainty, look pale, feel nervouse and having some trouble with back and frontal pain? Sometimes I even feel like I'm going to puck and have been having BM'S a lot!

Well, I'll post more later- have to go for a drive- Boovert
#23 of 85 Old 03-08-2006, 11:45 PM

Update from my mw appt. today: More experienced mw was there and she agreed with me that one baby is head down and the other is transverse. She was able to pick up both hb's (YIPPIE!) so that alleviated my fears. She said I have lots of room in there still - lots of fluid. I asked how big she thought the babies were and she said not real big. 6 lbs. Maybe 5 1/2. Well I think that's pretty darn good since I'm only just 35 weeks today, right? Plenty 'o time to get fatty. IF she's right then at least they'll be above the critical 5 lb. mark if born anytime from now. That's how I look at it anyway. Honestly my gut says they'll be born at 39 weeks, but until I get to 36 weeks (when she's comfy with a homebirth) I'm kinda holding my breath. But I think it will be okay. Just gotta take it easy which is hard when my house is becoming worse & worse by the day. I did, however, hire a cleaning crew to come and deep clean next week (never done that before) so I'm really excited about that. I also need to arrange to have the carpets cleaned. Everyone warned me against cream colored carpets and kids but I just wouldn't listen. Think that's it for now.

Adina - You're an awesome mama already. Babies don't care about "things". They care about love and warmth and milk, etc. Please don't stress. Things *will* work out! I promise!

#24 of 85 Old 03-09-2006, 01:53 AM
Administrator

Thanks ladies.

I know that really we are in pretty good shape. I just sort of wanted to have fun and make things cute...frankly there is no guarantee that I will ever get to do this again. So, the idea of not being able to do everything I want makes me a little stressed out. All wrapped up in the infertility thing...

Baby's room will be painted, and there will be a cosleeper and a car seat. I have diapers, and clothes. So, now I just need to move!

#25 of 85 Old 03-09-2006, 02:51 AM

Had a MW appt today. baby is still posterior. So off to spinning babies to try and get her to turn around. Am really tired and have no more news.
Allison

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#26 of 85 Old 03-09-2006, 03:13 AM

Adina - Just on the off chance that you don't already know this, I'll throw it out there. The way dh & I were able to drop an income (I worked until my first dd was a year then got laid off) AND afford a house and surprisingly enough, still find money for *things* was to visit our tax person and have her calculate out exactly how many exemptions my dh could take (thereby getting him the largest possible take-home pay) w/o owing money at tax time. She tried to work it so we'd end up getting back about $1000 a year (we actually have done better than that, as it turns out, but as long as we don't owe we're pretty happy). So if you haven't already, call a good tax person immediately and have them calculate out how many state & federal exemptions you and your dh can claim figuring in the purchase of your home (that will help a LOT b/c of the tax writeoff of interest) AND a child as a dependency which will be counted for the entire 2006 year. My dh claims a LOT on federal (I'm thinking something like 15!) and 3 or so on state. Anyway, this is the only way we can do what we do.

I totally sympathize with how you must be feeling. Although not to your extent, I've dealt with infertility every pregnancy (guess why I'm having twins?) and nothing has ever seemed guaranteed to me. So check this out if you haven't already and enjoy your sweet girl when she gets here. You're in my thoughts.

#27 of 85 Old 03-09-2006, 07:09 AM

Adina, we have never bought much new for a baby, and this time I really at least wanna buy a new outfit for after birth instead of the same ole hand-me-downs. I'm not sure we can afford even that~so I do know how you're feeling. It's true~babies need to nurse, diapers, and a blanket to be wrapped it~LOL~and all will be well. I'm a NUT, so I have homeopathic baby remedies on my list above all else! Also love my sling~so glad I already have one! (((((HUGS))))) sandi
#28 of 85 Old 03-09-2006, 10:34 AM

Oh, love_homebirthing - that is such an excellent suggestion about the exemptions! I work with payroll and didn't even think of it, but it can make a huge difference!! Getting a refund on your taxes basically just means that the govt has had my money all year

Allison, good luck getting that baby turned around!
Ouch Boovert - a kidney stone? They must be so painful. Hope that was a one time thing - and never again!
eilonwy - save up all that baby stuff in a box - you'll find time to put it into a book for the new baby sometime. I even wrote things on scraps of paper and put them in the box as a reminder for me - like when the baby smiled for the first time, etc. A friend of mine took baby notes on her wall calendar, and then put that calendar in her scrapbooking supplies so that when she made her baby album, she remembered just when everything happened. Don't feel bad for not getting it done right away! It'll be awesome when you get the chance to do it.
cathysteck - hang in there!

I think all you guys who are in high-gear nesting mode are AWESOME! sorry for shouting, but I'm simply amazed at what you guys are getting done w/ regard to baby rooms, house cleaning, cooking, etc. I have done n-o-t-h-i-n-g!! Shame on me.

Well, I had my first hb-mw appointmtent yesterday. I'm already 36 weeks and a few days, so it's kinda late, but that way, we just cruised through lots of the information on pre-term labor or some of the other problems that I no longer really have to worry about. She seemed so thorough and asked a lot of questions that I have never been asked before. She brought me a tub to set up when the time gets closer. She says about 75% of her clients actually birth in the tub! I had kind of assumed I would just labor in the tub and birth in the bed, but if it's comfortable, I guess why not?

Today is my last "official" day of work - my last day of the last project I will be accepting before the baby comes. Thank goodness. I need to get out and walk a little every day rather than sitting all day. I also have a ton of stuff to get ready, from cleaning to laundry and cooking, etc. But back to work for me now!

Have a great day everybody!

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#29 of 85 Old 03-09-2006, 11:54 AM

In a nutshell, I have been having alot of pressure and probs walking around. When I sit down I feel like I'm sitting on her head. Poor kid. LOL I checked myself and it seems that my cervix is tilted more toward the front today. Last night before church I laid on the bed and told DH to lube up his finger and just TRY and stick it in there (TMI) and he was like....is that her head? I mean, come on people... if DH can feel it.....it's THERE! I was like...you can barely get your finger in there, can you? It was sooo cramped with everything else being right there and you could feel her head so easily. Without reaching, if you KWIM? I have an appt today with the MW and she hasn't checked me thus far, but I might have her to today, just to see what she says or thinks. I want this baby out. It's not a nice feeling to sit down and feel like you sat on someone's head! heheh So, I will update again after I get home in just a few hours.
#30 of 85 Old 03-09-2006, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefsJen
In a nutshell, I have been having alot of pressure and probs walking around. When I sit down I feel like I'm sitting on her head. Poor kid. LOL I checked myself and it seems that my cervix is tilted more toward the front today. Last night before church I laid on the bed and told DH to lube up his finger and just TRY and stick it in there (TMI) and he was like....is that her head? I mean, come on people... if DH can feel it.....it's THERE! I was like...you can barely get your finger in there, can you? It was sooo cramped with everything else being right there and you could feel her head so easily. Without reaching, if you KWIM? I have an appt today with the MW and she hasn't checked me thus far, but I might have her to today, just to see what she says or thinks. I want this baby out. It's not a nice feeling to sit down and feel like you sat on someone's head! heheh So, I will update again after I get home in just a few hours.

I so understand that 'sitting on someone's head' feeling! I had checked my cervix a week or two ago and freaked out realizing he was RIGHT there. How many weeks are you?? I'm not having my cervix checked anymore until closer to my EDD or without a *really* good reason after my pre-term labor scare yesterday. I did actually have a good reason to have my cervix checked though...she was checking to make sure he was actually head down (which he is) so I didn't need an u/s to confirm that.

I just updated my other thread that I posted yesterday about the spotting & cramping. I'm still feeling a little crampy, may have had a few contractions in the night (I kept waking up really confused and not knowing if it was a dream or not) and the spotting is way less and only brownish. I'm thinking that the last of my mucus plug is now gone, but also since no more red bleeding that he is staying in there for at least a few more days. I did have this urge to paint the bathroom when I got up to pee last night. It was *really* odd. I was thinking to myself 'gee, I wonder if DH would notice if I just painted the bathroom for a little while before I go back to sleep'. I've never been that crazy with nesting before!

I never, ever thought I'd be dealing with this because my dd was a week overdue and induced! It makes me feel like I'm just imagining all yesterday's worries because I want him to come out earlier than dd My DH told me thats not possible since he actually saw the blood, etc I have a chiro appointment this am so hopefully that will get the baby in the proper position in case he decides to come next week like we are thinking (I'm starting to worry that he's gonna stay in there until 42 weeks making me think I'll have him anytime until then- just to drive me nuts). I also have a 1 hour pregnancy massage scheduled with my doula tonight (she's also a LMP) which I'm hoping will be nice and relaxing

~Rebecca~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page