Bathing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 03-09-2006, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How many baths do you take a day now? I am so uncomfortable with his head in my rear and the bronchitis that I am taking 4 or 5 baths a day. I just am not comfortable anywhere else. At least I'm clean, right?

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 03-09-2006, 02:05 PM

You're making me wish I would stop working and stay at home. I just get my quickie shower in the morning before work and that's it.
#3 of 16 Old 03-09-2006, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

I only work weekends, so on those days I take 2 - one in the am and one in the pm.

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
#4 of 16 Old 03-09-2006, 02:13 PM

I'm having a bath and a shower most days, DS and I are also going swimming a lot which is bliss I'm ordering my fishy pool in a few days and I might just fill that up a few days and float

Dreaming of living by the ocean, I'd be in it all day long.... !
#5 of 16 Old 03-09-2006, 02:13 PM

Dang! Honestly it's such a PITA for me to get in and out of the tub, I stick to one shower or bath a day. Now if I had a deep tub or Jacuzzi where it actually took some pressure off my tum, I'd live in the damn thing.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#6 of 16 Old 03-09-2006, 02:17 PM

Usually about 2 baths a day because my pelvis is sore. Yesterday it was 3 because I was trying to get the cramps to go away. I think it was about the same with my dd, I remember taking LOTS of baths in the last few weeks.

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#7 of 16 Old 03-09-2006, 03:20 PM

Ya know, I'm not a big bath person so I rarely take one. I do have my birthtub setup and have been in it twice in the last 4 days I think. It's a huge relief to be bouyant like that and my contrax don't feel painful in there, but I just don't like being in warm water that long. I love it for labor/birth though!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#8 of 16 Old 03-09-2006, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Bath? What's that?

Our tub is so uncomfortable and shallow...it doesn't even cover my c-section scar...and it's so narrow I feel squished in there. I haven't even tried for the last month. Although I told DH I miss our tub at our apartment before we bought this place. It was awesome! Not a jacuzzi or anything, just big and deep and wide. I'm 5' 7" and could relax against the back and have my legs extended all the way in that thing. Loved it!

I just get my one hot shower a day. A couple of weeks ago I went to visit my dad and got a hotel room and got in the pool. It was nice while I was in it, but I felt twice as heavy getting out as I did getting in. That part sucked.

I am REALLY looking forward to getting in the birth pool when that times comes though. I can't wait. DH offered to fill it for me to relax in a couple weeks ago...but it takes so much water I passed on it. It's very tempting though.

Mandy

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#9 of 16 Old 03-09-2006, 04:15 PM

Wow! I get my one shower a day, very occasionally a bath. If I took more than that, I'd look even more like lizard-girl than I already do - my skin is soooo dry!
#10 of 16 Old 03-09-2006, 04:24 PM

Quote:
It was nice while I was in it, but I felt twice as heavy getting out as I did getting in. That part sucked.
ITA - that's part of the reason I don't love getting in the tub. Cuz getting out feels just awful. It seems like my belly is a million times heavier than before I got it. It's hard!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#11 of 16 Old 03-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
MY current tub doesn't hold water....so I take my one hot shower in the morning....

We move on the 18th...guess what the first thing I am doing is? Taking a bath.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#12 of 16 Old 03-09-2006, 04:54 PM

I take a cool shower in the morning and cool bath at night. I feel so sweaty and swollen that its the only way I feel clean

#13 of 16 Old 03-09-2006, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

We have a garden tub, so it's deep enough for me to kind of kneel and lean on the back and my tummy and back are submerged. Of course, half the time at least one of the kids are in there too.

#14 of 16 Old 03-09-2006, 05:36 PM

Ooooh, water. I love water. I take usually two showers.... but have been known to take more. Lately, drying off, and putting lotion on is toooo hard, so I've been sticking to two.

When we move, I'll be able to go SWIMMING.... sooo looking forward to that sensation with my next baby!
#15 of 16 Old 03-12-2006, 04:35 PM

Usually a shower in the morning and a bath at night. when I get tired at night the restless legs syndrome thing kicks in and the only way I can get it to go away is by taking a bath. It makes my hips feel good too, but getting out sucks big time.
#16 of 16 Old 03-12-2006, 10:51 PM

I love baths, but it's so hard to take them unless Livi is napping or in bed for the night. I also have to lay on my side (difficult when you are six foot tall in a normal-sized tub) to get any relief for my tummy, but it does feel good for awhile!

Get this... I was telling my IRL friend about how I love taking baths, and she said, "You can take baths when you're pregnant??? My doctor told me I couldn't!" She has had three children, and never taken a bath with any of them. Poor girl!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page