Weird delivery dreams - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-09-2006, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was reading the predictions thread and got to thinking about strange delivery dreams.

I keep having this dream that I'm in the tub and Luke just crawls out. He looks at me and says "I'm hungry, Mom" and I say "Good thing, 'cause I've got boobies full of milk!". He has this huge head, a la Stewie in "The Family Guy".

I've had this same dream about 8 or 9 times. Strange, since we are birthing at a hospital and they don't do waterbirth.

The last time I had the dream I looked down and there was another baby in the tub too. I picked it up and the bathroom door opened. One of the doctors I worked with walked in and said "Oh, that one's mine. My wife doesn't want anymore kids so I stuck it in your tummy when we were at work the other day." I looked down and there was stitching on my tummy saying "Thanks for the baby." And he took that baby and left.

Weird!

What strange dreams are y'all having?

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2006, 05:40 PM

oooh, weird!!!!

Last night I dreamed baby for the fourth time-- again, a girl, so who knows! she was TINY and the sling was waaay to big, I got mad. but she nursed really well and smiled huge at me. but really, she was TINY... like 3 inches long... and then, just her head was there, and i had to burp her.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:10 PM

To have dreams, that would mean I'd actually have to sleep

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

Old 03-09-2006, 11:18 PM

What a cool dream!!

I had a dream about two weeks before I actually found out I was pregnant... I was in labor and it was very calm and easy this time. I delivered unassisted (I didn't even know I pg!) and the baby was a boy. I distinctly remember feeling bad about it when I told my best friend, since she just had a miscarriage. A week later I missed my period and a week after that I had a positive test.

My mom has reoccuring dreams similar to yours, but that's because she's a midwife

I love neato dreams!!

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

Old 03-09-2006, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemommy
oooh, weird!!!!

Last night I dreamed baby for the fourth time-- again, a girl, so who knows! she was TINY and the sling was waaay to big, I got mad. but she nursed really well and smiled huge at me. but really, she was TINY... like 3 inches long... and then, just her head was there, and i had to burp her.
I've had "tiny" baby dreams before too!! Then all in the same dream it would grow and start talking... But I never thought they meant anything. This last one I had definitly did, and I hope it's true that it will be a boy

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

Old 03-09-2006, 11:46 PM

I've had baby-is-a-puppy-is-a-baby dreams a few times (we have two dogs and three cats that are family to us, and this is our first human baby), but recently I've been having painless labor/birth dreams: Where someone says "Why yes, you really did have the baby!" and I'm like, "I did? That was it?!? But it didn't hurt at all!"

Wouldn't that be nice...

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
Old 03-10-2006, 01:11 PM

LOL This is really funny!

Well, lesse, the only really weird one I've had is that I was at Kroger (grocery store) in the check out line...everything laid out on the moving belt, you know, all 3 of my boys there with me and I get these labor pains and just KNOW that I have NO time...and I'm having this baby FAST and have to get HOME! So I leave all the stuff there, run with the buggy full of kids to the van, call the DH, call the midwife and she says to get into the tub NOW to try and slow it down some...and that she would be there as soon as she could get there. Then I remember having the baby all by myself in the tub. I remember DH getting there at some point, but I think it was after it was born. So now he is afraid we won't make it to the birthing house! hahaha He asked the mw yesterday what he needed to know about how to deliver this baby on his own, if he had to. LOL It was hilarious.

Becca! I have been losing SO much sleep. Last night I took 2 Valerian capsules and slept SOOOOOOO much better. maybe you could try that?
Old 03-10-2006, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefsJen
Becca! I have been losing SO much sleep. Last night I took 2 Valerian capsules and slept SOOOOOOO much better. maybe you could try that?
Oh believe me, I WANT to sleep Dd keeps trying to squish herself up against me which is uncomfortable and this baby is so low that I have to pee constantly. The only way I think I could sleep peacefully at this point would be with dd in another bed and me wearing a diaper

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

Old 03-10-2006, 04:51 PM

Once, way before I was pregnant, I gave birth to a litter of kittens. Ohhhhkeeeey.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
When pregnant with #1ds I had a dream that I was in prison and gave birth. But not to a baby, a kitten! So of course I had to nurse my new baby...you know how a kittens ears fold back and they knead while nursing! well of course thats what it did!

It was waaayyy wierd!

thought i would share!

User Tag List