DH Gripe - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-12-2006, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DS is 2yo and has decided recently to not go to sleep anymore. We have tried everything we can think of to get him to sleep. He cried for so long last night that I was going crazy. DH got him up and PLAYED with him at 10:30 pm!!! I was like, I want to sleep and you get him wound up more? Well, eventually(11ish) DH put DS to bed and he fell asleep. I took a shower and went to bed. DH had to get up to get ready for work at 2:30 this am. He asked me to pack his lunch as I was getting in the shower, I said yes, but forgot and fell asleep. At 3am he woke me up out of the best nights sleep I've had in weeks to ask where his lunch is. I said I had forgot it. He started yelling at me. He had to leave in 20 minutes and wasn't even dressed and he yells at me over his stupid lunch????? I got up to just make it and shut him up. Then he starts on me for letting DS cry the night before. I told him I had tried everything else, and needed sleep, so I let him cry for a bit to get him to sleep. Then the dog pooped in his cage, so that was now my fault, and he would be late for work. Normally he lets the dog out to potty as soon as he wakes up, but he fell back asleep on the couch and woke at 3 mad at me. I told him that DS had to learn to sleep by the time this baby is born or no one would sleep. Hes even been keeping big sis up, poor girl. He then informed me that I would be making his lunch in the middle of the night after the baby is born if I forgot to do it the night before and the hit the fan! I told him he could slap his sandwiches together and stick them somewhere if he thought I would wake up in the middle of the night anymore to make his lunch after a full day w/ 2 kids and a newborn. Plus I'll be up and down all night anyway to bf. I would be exhausted. No way. Then he pulled out the big one, his main gripe. Well, get off your lazy butt and get a JOB! I have one thank you... I wanna wring his neck, cuz now I can't fall back to sleep or quit crying!!

Dawn

Sorry so long and rambly, I'm so sleepy.
#2 of 5 Old 03-12-2006, 09:37 AM

Yeah, that wouldn't fly here either. I'm sorry you had to deal with that crap. Your dh needs some perspective!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#3 of 5 Old 03-12-2006, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic2mom
Well, get off your lazy butt and get a JOB! I have one thank you...
Wow, that would really not be an okay thing for my DH to say to me ever, no matter how tired, etc he was. That is extremely disrepectful IMO. I'm sorry you had such an awful night mama Maybe you and Dh can talk this evening when you've both had time to calm down a little?

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#4 of 5 Old 03-12-2006, 02:06 PM

WOW, I really hope he comes home apoligizing big time. I'd be tempted to sit on my lazy butt and show him all I do, but that would probably end up just causing more work for you.
#5 of 5 Old 03-12-2006, 02:06 PM

WOW, I really hope he comes home apoligizing big time. I'd be tempted to sit on my lazy butt and show him all I do, but that would probably end up just causing more work for you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page