OK... Gross Question.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-13-2006, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK. I have a question for you all... Yesterday, I took my shower then I tossed on my robe and went and sat on the bed and was about to start putting on my lotion (Skin is SOO dang dry lately!! ). Now here is the gross part... When I pulled up my leg to put the lotion on, there was this big long "booger" thing on my leg! EEEEEWWWWW! It was like this really long, pretty thick, strand of mucus... It was white-ish in color... Any thoughts as to what this might have been? (I'm just glad that DH was in the shower by this point and didnt' see it! Would prolly have grossed him out! LOL I didn't say anything to him about it...) This wouldn't have been my plug, would it? I mean, when I had my DD, my plug was more of a LUMP like looking thing...

Thanks!!

Kerri

PS I will be 33 weeks tomorrow if ya need to know!

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
: Proud Momma to Katelyn (4-02), Calvin (4-06), and Ashley (7-08) :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2006, 01:33 PM

My plug was really stringy mucus. It sounds like what you are explaining.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:33 PM

My plug was really stringy mucus. It sounds like what you are explaining.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:59 PM

Yep, sounds like mucus plug to me! Thats how it was when I lost it with my dd, but I lost it over and over again in pieces like that over the course of weeks

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

Old 03-13-2006, 03:06 PM

I don't think you've lost your plug already.
I think it's just that lovely discharge we pregnant women have during pregnancy (I've had it a few times myself).
I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerriAZ
OK. I have a question for you all... Yesterday, I took my shower then I tossed on my robe and went and sat on the bed and was about to start putting on my lotion (Skin is SOO dang dry lately!! ). Now here is the gross part... When I pulled up my leg to put the lotion on, there was this big long "booger" thing on my leg! EEEEEWWWWW! It was like this really long, pretty thick, strand of mucus... It was white-ish in color... Any thoughts as to what this might have been? (I'm just glad that DH was in the shower by this point and didnt' see it! Would prolly have grossed him out! LOL I didn't say anything to him about it...) This wouldn't have been my plug, would it? I mean, when I had my DD, my plug was more of a LUMP like looking thing...

Thanks!!

Kerri

PS I will be 33 weeks tomorrow if ya need to know!

OMG, I was going to post a very similar experience. At 35 weeks, I had this... HANDFUL.. of.. ECTOPLASM.. twice. Mostly clear, but a bit brownish and whiteish. I figured it was part of the plug, which is probably regenerating. (I assume a full plug loss would be a big, bloody thing.)

It was definitely not normal extra-heavy discharge or anything. Your description sounds just about like what I had. You are Not Alone!

User Tag List