Nursery Pix :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 03-13-2006, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Finally! Hooray! Finished the nursery (well, there are curtains yet to be sewn but hopefully that's my waiting-on-baby project, since I'm mangling a crochet project atm) and I think for not having a "theme" (unless shabby chic counts) it turned out really okay! It's still a guest room too and we had to move out the desk and one bookcase for the crib and changing table to fit but it works well, I think.

I'm pretty proud of myself. We decided to wait on painting the room until the bean is old enough to tell us what her favorite color is.

The little girl prints hung over my crib when I was a baby, and the furniture (except the crib and changing table) were my grandmother's. My SIL's mother and my niece made the quilt hanging on the wall. The remaining bookcase sits up on a window seat behind the glider. It's a little crowded but I figure the changing table will be moved out first and the glider can scoot to that corner then, freeing up the book nook a bit.

Anyway, here it is -- it's cloudy out today so some of the pix aren't as bright as they could be but you get the idea:

Pic 1 (Our dog Thistle decided to model in this one too)
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6
Pic 7

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#2 of 15 Old 03-13-2006, 04:11 PM

Gorgeous! My dd's room is a very similar style but we did paint her room ahead of time (pale pink) because it needed to be painted anyway. You've done a nice job! I think I took about 20 pics of Anna's room before she was born (even the nicely folded clothes in her drawers : ) but of course she has never ever slept in her room Its an exciting day when its all done and you are officially *ready* for your little one

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#3 of 15 Old 03-13-2006, 05:10 PM

Its really beautiful, great job Makes me wish we didn't cosleep and I could decorate a nursery!
#4 of 15 Old 03-13-2006, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. We don't plan to co-sleep because we have cats and dogs who already like to hop on the bed, and a lovely cradle my grandfather made that's nice and clean for the bean. Plus I'm paranoid. Our bed is too big and bedecked with pillows and bedding to be safe for a baby to sleep in. So she'll have her own room when she's ready to move from the cradle.

ETA: Not saying there's anything wrong with co-sleeping. Just saying why we're not comfy with it is all.

#5 of 15 Old 03-13-2006, 05:22 PM

How lovely to have a cradle your grandfather made I love the name too
#6 of 15 Old 03-13-2006, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighten
Thanks. We don't plan to co-sleep because we have cats and dogs who already like to hop on the bed, and a lovely cradle my grandfather made that's nice and clean for the bean. Plus I'm paranoid. Our bed is too big and bedecked with pillows and bedding to be safe for a baby to sleep in. So she'll have her own room when she's ready to move from the cradle.

ETA: Not saying there's anything wrong with co-sleeping. Just saying why we're not comfy with it is all.
Don't feel bad about it if its not what will work for your family. I felt the exact same way before my dd was born. We have an antique cradle that all the babies in Dh's mom's family have slept in, so that is what she slept in for the first month. It just ended up working out much better for us to have her in bed (like I said NOT our original plan but I was very sleep deprived ). Anyway, its a gorgeous room, I'm sure she will love it!

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#7 of 15 Old 03-13-2006, 09:00 PM

How precious

Wife to my of 10 years, SAHM to my 2 beautiful homebirthed girls Sydney (4/29/2006) Kennedy (3/21/2010) & 1 super Newfoundland
#8 of 15 Old 03-13-2006, 09:14 PM

looks so peaceful and comfy. we already have three children and are in a 3 bedroom home so this little guy will not get a cute nursery. i have a bassinet/pack n play full of all his clothes that i have yet to put in his dresser. other then that he will have very little of his own. luckily they dont know the difference!!

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
#9 of 15 Old 03-13-2006, 09:37 PM

oooh, puppers is toooow tute!!!!

Moose *loves* the stroller..... pics of that, and Baby's room.... which, ironically, after all the work, Baby will most likely never sleep in, and barely spend any time in (since we're now up to "move across conuntry as soon as baby is born" mode....)

Um, pics HERE.
#10 of 15 Old 03-14-2006, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemommy
oooh, puppers is toooow tute!!!!

Moose *loves* the stroller..... pics of that, and Baby's room.... which, ironically, after all the work, Baby will most likely never sleep in, and barely spend any time in (since we're now up to "move across conuntry as soon as baby is born" mode....)

Um, pics HERE.

Moose is adorable!!! And we have that same swing -- isn't it the bomb?!?

#11 of 15 Old 03-14-2006, 02:47 PM

OMG, it is the best! DH finally got batteries the other day, and I am obsessed with the bug that turns upside down.

I am also obsessed with standing in the doorway to Babe's room and just sighing.....
#12 of 15 Old 03-14-2006, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

I go in there when I need a break. Just sit in the glider and rock (or is it "glide" I guess?) It even smells good in there plus it's a cat fur free zone. The rest of the house can be "clean" but I know it's not, since there's inevitblay some cat fur lingering somewhere. Sigh. I've become obsessive with the lint rollers.

That swing is kickass, btw. I lusted after it for ages but couldn't justify putting it on the registry when we had a $250 breast pump on there (I know it's totally unrelated but at the time it was an issue for me), so we registered for a perfectly good normal swing that cost like $50. And was ugly. And boring. But practical.

And we got the one we registered for, from some out of towners. But then a friend of the family's showed up at my shower with the uber swing and she was so cute and apologetic -- saying she'd really wanted to get us something off the registry but that we didn't register for this swing and it was the the one we really needed, so she bought it for us. How awesome was that?!?

I was in 7th heaven! It's so freaking cool -- I want a grown up one!
ETA: My fave is the little purple bug with the troll hair that does the jiggle thing.

#13 of 15 Old 03-14-2006, 03:12 PM

Yeah! Why cant they make grown up ones? And why cant grown up blankets be as soft as Baby ones???

That's awesome about the swing! We had so many issues with registry, we ended up closing ours.... and then DH's aunt went bonkers at PBK, sent me a boppy (horray!) and the cutest green towels.... I have no idea how she knew to get green (ok, other than I've made it clear I'm OD'ed on yellow-- since we dont know if Babe is a boy or girl)..... but it goes perfectly with my plan for Babe's bathroom-- dark chocolate brown and lime green. I am werid and obsessed. I told DH last night-- Babe might not even get its own bathroom when we move! But for now, MAN IT IS CUTE!
#14 of 15 Old 03-15-2006, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

I have no clue about bathroom stuff -- my out of town SIL has their guest bath as the baby's and has the cutest stuff in there. My in town SIL's kids both have their own bathrooms (lucky little scamps), decorated adorably of course.

There are two baths upstairs and both are pretty small. We keep talking about eventually smooshing them into one big one for us but that won't happen for a long while yet.

In the meantime, I got baby towels that are yellow because my towels are yellow, and I'm assuming we'll use my bath for the baby (got this tub which is awesome but pretty big, and I need to get a big hook to store it on...though where I'm still not sure. For now it lives under the daybed in the upstairs landing.

#15 of 15 Old 03-15-2006, 02:03 PM

Oh, cool! I havent gotten one yet... maybe today! There's always something else, huh?

Speaking of-- what is WITH all the TAGS on Baby things??? I feel like I need scisors strapped to me, because everytime I fold something or wash something or re-fold something, I find a TAG!!! Driving me insane.

Oh, and the WARNINGS. "attention: if you dont do this and this and this and this and this, your child will DIE." omg, we live in a paranoid country. Gesh. My next big project is to somehow cut the massive warning sign out of the co-sleeper. "Have a good night!" Yeah, right, with a list of all the ways my child might be killed by your product staring me in the face??? I dont THINK so!

Ok, rant over.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page