nursing shirts? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-13-2006, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm wondering where to get some nursing shirts. Should I be worried about it before I have the baby?
Any recomendations?

mama to dd (4-15-06) and
ds (2-23-09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2006, 07:36 PM

To be honest, I found nursing shirts to be a pain! I, personally, just found it easier to lift up my shirt! LOL I had a couple of nursing shirts that I received from a friend who was done having kids... But I rarely used them. Just my opinoin and preference!!

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
: Proud Momma to Katelyn (4-02), Calvin (4-06), and Ashley (7-08) :
Old 03-13-2006, 08:02 PM

I plan on using regular shirts for when I'm at home and button ups for when I have to go out.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
Old 03-13-2006, 08:07 PM

I had a few nursing shirts when I was nursing my dd (she self weaned a few months ago) and I think I wore each one maybe once or twice They seemed kinda awkward to me! I always just put a receiving blanket or something across my tummy so my skin wasn't exposed, and then tucked my shirt around the side of my boob. You couldn't really see what I was doing and I nursed in public (NIP) all the time. I do like the Glamourmom nursing tanks I bought recently for pp. I figure that they would work great for underneath another shirt and I wouldn't have to struggle with weird nursing slits/openings. HTH!

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

Old 03-13-2006, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the advice. I guess I don't have to worry about it yet. Have you seen those body tube things? I can't remember what they're called but I came across them searching the net at one point. It's like a tube that you slip on and it sits underneath your shirt so when you pull your shirt up, it covers your belly...

mama to dd (4-15-06) and
ds (2-23-09)
Old 03-13-2006, 08:15 PM

I prefer regular shirts. This time I've bought a Belly Hugger so my belly won't be exposed when I do this, but that's all I'm planning for.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:46 PM

I'm waiting for some boob shirts. I live in a hot climate and wearing some sort of tank or belly hugger underneath something else would just be entirely too hot. They look way too cool. Anyone ever tried them IRL?

http://www.activebabycare.com/us/index.html
Old 03-13-2006, 08:57 PM

I am a shirt-puller-downer rather than a shirt-puller-upper because I hate to have my belly hanging out. So maybe this tube thing will work for me. But my advice is to buy a bunch of very deep V-necks. Another thing that is essentially like a nursing shirt is to buy a couple men's undershirts (wife-beaters). The kind with large armholes. Worn under another shirt, this is essentially a nursing shirt. You pull up (or down) the top shirt and pull the armhole inward so your breast can come out. Kapish?
Old 03-13-2006, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The first babe I was just one of those highly immodest nursing moms , I just didn't have any nursing tops or really care!

This time I did get a few second hand ones, so that when I'm out and about it won't look too bad when I'm tandeming. With the nursing shirts first time around I always found I really needed to have a good look at my breast and the baby so I could figure out what was going on down there, I'm just not good at modest nursing!
Old 03-13-2006, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_homebirthing
I prefer regular shirts. This time I've bought a Belly Hugger so my belly won't be exposed when I do this, but that's all I'm planning for.
:
Also bought the belly hugger, it's all you need! I don't mind people seeing my boobs while nursing (which they usually don't because my shirt is hiding it) i'm afraid of people seeing my flabby post-baby tummy! The belly hugger takes care of that!
Old 03-13-2006, 09:53 PM

i have three belly huggers and i think they will be just perfect!! but i also have a couple nursing shirts and i liked to have one or two in case i was going to a place that i felt more comfortable being super descrete. its nice not worrying if your showing skin. i loved having nursing nighties too so i have a few of those. the last thing is either invest in skirt and shirt outfits or get one or two simple nursing dresses. i didnt like having to wear pants and a t-shirt everyday or to church because all i had was one piece dresses. its makes you feel good to look nice post pardom.

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
Old 03-15-2006, 07:13 PM

The only nursing clothing I found useful (besides bras) was a nursing dress. Otherwise I just lift up my shirt. I also bought a nursing swimsuit but really only because I couldn't get a "normal" swimsuit top to fit my new, improved 38F on top!
Old 03-15-2006, 07:22 PM

We're trying to get together a Boob Top co-op over on the Yahoo group TBWOT Coop: groups.yahoo.com/group/TBWOTCoop
Old 03-15-2006, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I loved nursing shirts and didn't leave home without one on. I got mine at http://www.motherhoodnursing.com/hom...rhood&Referer= I always shop their sales, and also check local Motherhood stores. Also, when other people ask me what to get for gifts for my birthday and Christmas, etc...I always give them their link too and suggest something from there. It's helped build up my nursing shirt stash to about 20 now. And they are cute! Not the ugly ones.

Mandy

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

Old 03-15-2006, 10:35 PM

I also liked nursing shirts when I was out and about too. For some reason, I just felt more relaxed and Sean hated my tee shirt bunched up over his face or head too. I wish I still had them all but I swore I was done with having babies and sold them all off.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:43 PM

Quote:
I loved nursing shirts and didn't leave home without one on. I got mine at http://www.motherhoodnursing.com/hom...rhood&Referer= I always shop their sales, and also check local Motherhood stores. Also, when other people ask me what to get for gifts for my birthday and Christmas, etc...I always give them their link too and suggest something from there. It's helped build up my nursing shirt stash to about 20 now. And they are cute! Not the ugly ones.

Mandy
I hated Nursing shirts when I was nursing my son but my goodness I like the looks of some of those!!! I may have to go to my neighbourhood Motherhood store and see if I can get some on sale. I LOVE the idea of the wraps, espeically since I will be nursing in the summer! Thanks for posting the link
Old 03-16-2006, 01:19 AM

I'm going to get one of these:

http://store.babycenter.com/product/...watches&stage=

I have a friend who uses one and she loves it, because you can still see the baby down the little hoop thingy.

Mary
Old 03-16-2006, 02:51 AM

Has anyone used the nursing tanks? I bought some of those since I will be outside a lot this summer and needed something cooler to wear.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

Old 03-16-2006, 03:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by love_homebirthing
Ditto that, and they are great for early pregnancy when you are too big for your pants but too small for maternity pants

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

User Tag List