I had to break down the door this morning... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-13-2006, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
but otherwise it has been a very relaxing day. We just switched Guyler's room and the office. This morning I was awoken by him screaming and pounding on his bedroom door. It is one of those with the turn lock on the inside and the hole on the outside that is supposed to come open with a bobby pin or something. I tried for 20 mins. to get the thing open all the while he is screaming on the other side. I finally got a screw driver and actually took the door knob off and still couldn't get the dumb thing to unlock. So "She Woman" that I am, I busted down the door. Thankfully it only took one good hit, and only broke the door and not the frame. We will be switching all our door knobs to ones that don't lock now.

After getting over that trauma, we got dressed and I dropped Guyler off at daycare and spent the morning shopping for last minute baby stuff, browsed Borders, Hobby Lobby and bought paint for Guyler's room. (John and I are going to paint tomorrow). Then had a nice relaxing lunch at Jason's Deli. I never used to like to eat alone but today it was really nice. Now I am back home organizing the office. So nice to have a day all to myself.
#2 of 5 Old 03-13-2006, 06:24 PM

Go pregnant woman!!! What a funny picture in my head, LOL!

I'm glad you're enjoying a day to yourself--I had one (sort of) on Saturday, and I had to finish working on a project for work. Yuck!
#3 of 5 Old 03-13-2006, 06:26 PM

Geeze! We have those same locks and I finally figured out how to get them open. Our house came with the thing to pic the lock and it's deceiving b/c the tool is much longer then how much you put it in (and it will go all the way in - it just won't do you any good). So one day I sat down and figured it out and used a piece of tape and a marker to mark the spot on the tool so I'd know exactly how far to put it in. It's really very tricky, even with that! I'm so sorry for your son! That must have been scary for him! I keep waiting for my younger dd to do that in the bathroom cuz she's always trying to lock the door. Glad everyone is okay!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#4 of 5 Old 03-13-2006, 06:34 PM

How scary! Glad you are both ok
#5 of 5 Old 03-13-2006, 08:42 PM

OMG! You go mama bear!!! Rawr!!!

Wife to my of 10 years, SAHM to my 2 beautiful homebirthed girls Sydney (4/29/2006) Kennedy (3/21/2010) & 1 super Newfoundland

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page