VBAC mamas--how are you doing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 03-14-2006, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I realize some of us are getting close, and I'm just wondering where everyone is at with their VBAC planning, how y'all are feeling about it, etc.

I have to admit that I'm pretty blase this time... just kind of taking it for granted that everything is going to go fine and that I'll have another VBAC. (I kind of feel like I shouldn't be that way, but I guess it's better to be positive...)

Who's up first?
#2 of 14 Old 03-14-2006, 02:46 PM

I am feeling the same as you, although I haven't had a VBAC before. I just think everything is going to work out fine. We just got all the birth supplies we need, will get the birth tub on Thursday and then just waiting for something to happen. I feel great, physically and emotionally so I hope that leads to an easy uncomplicated birth. Of course I know how that can change, I had an easy pregnancy with Ds and we all know how that turned out. Overall I am trying to be very nonchalant about it, I have done the research I know that this is the safest way to have a baby and so that it what I am going to do.
#3 of 14 Old 03-14-2006, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, I'm a little nervous. I really feel that we are doing the right thing by doing a HBAC and we have a fantastic midwife. But, I also never thought with dd that I would have ended up with a c either. She was breech and in my eyes...not a good reason for a c, but at the hospital I was told I had no choice. Even though I hadn't even started laboring yet. :

With her, I was so prepared mentally and physically and was so sure that I could do it. (labor and birth) That it's really put a ?? in my mind this time and I'm afraid to get too positive. I was so crushed and let down last time. I really don't want to feel that way again.

All that said, my husband is so encouraging and supportive, and so is my sister (that will be here for the birth), as well as the midwife. I have a great support team. And have done everything that I know to do to be as positive and ready as possible while still being realistic too. There are some days that I feel stronger and more certain that I can do this than others. Then there are days that I wonder if I really have the strength in me to do something so huge! But, overall...I feel my body was designed to do this and God would not have put that desire so passionately in my heart and helped me find such a great midwife if I would never get to experience it. So, I try to take comfort in that...and really leave it in His hands and not obsess over the little things. Like, " Oh my gosh...I can't tell how the baby's laying. What if it's chin isn't tucked now." Dumb stuff ilke that.

Mandy

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#4 of 14 Old 03-14-2006, 04:58 PM

I feel really good. I also had an easy pregnancy last time and this time (so far), but I also feel like the c/s was avoidable last time and mostly a product of the system and that my chances of having a normal birth at home are very good, although anything can happen. If we have a true emergency needing a c/s that is something I think I've already accepted pretty well-- the only thing I'm worried about is other people (ie, hospital staff, etc) being difficult if we have to transfer, but it's out of my hands. Of course there are worse things that are even harder to prepare for but I think I've done as much emotional work on that too as I can. I'm trying hard to just have faith that God and baby will tell me what to do as it comes and try to stop analyzing and just be for the rest of this pregnancy (or at least until 42 weeks).

I feel like I have a clean slate to work with, which is a nice feeling. At this point I feel like I've done pretty much all I can do, other than continue OFP. I'm pretty sure I have at least 3, if not 4-6 weeks left so I'm sort of feeling still distant from the whole thing for now.
#5 of 14 Old 03-14-2006, 05:16 PM

I think you guys are all going to do GREAT! Stay encouraged!
#6 of 14 Old 03-14-2006, 11:28 PM

I might be able to have a VBAC now!!!! My dr. told me my hospital would only do a vbac if I came in actively laboring w/ mo time for c/s. He doubts I make it to my section date and thinks I'll be able to vbac. I'm excited!!!

Dawn
#7 of 14 Old 03-15-2006, 12:20 AM

I'm doing good. My sugars have been up and Luke is getting BIG so I hope he comes soon. I don't think my doc wants me VBACing over 8 1/2 lb, so he needs to come in the next two weeks!

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
#8 of 14 Old 03-15-2006, 12:42 AM

I am feeling great about having an HBAC. It was so frustrating to have to have a c-section the first time just because the baby was breech. I have felt really relaxed and good about this birth since this baby went head down around 32 weeks, baby had been transverse for quite awhile. The baby has been head down since (YEAH!).

Michelle : wife to wonderful hubby mama to Jude (10/03) Annika (4/06)
Zane (3/09): : : :
#9 of 14 Old 03-15-2006, 02:21 AM - Thread Starter

Hey, y'all who are worried about position know about things you can do to affect the baby's position, right? (Stuff like how you sit, exercises you can do, etc.) I've been worried off and on about position myself, though I'm doing all I can do. At my last prenatal appt. , I was told that she's in a *great* position... it's just that she moves differently than the last baby did (duh, different kid, right?), and I can't tell as easily what she's doing.

Pfamilygal, my VBAC was 9 lbs, 4 oz. I don't know how big your other babies were, but I did fine with a "first" (through the V anyway) that was large, and I know others do it all the time, too. Try not to worry about size, because no one has a 9 lb head (and that's what really counts).

Things go differently for each birth. What has happened before doesn't have to happen again. It sounds like everyone's lining up good support, which is so important...

I'm pretty sure I have ~7 weeks left (my babies cook a long, long time), and it still seems a little unreal. But I'm getting really excited about everyone else's babies... (rah rah rah, I'll be the cheerleader since I'll bet I go last).
#10 of 14 Old 03-15-2006, 02:42 AM

I have no doubt in my mind that i will VBAC this time. I just hope that i can stay at home till i am in active labor and go to the hospital just in time to push this baby out. NO SOONER!! i worry some about my water braking and m/w freaking out, and labor not starting within their "time frame". but other then that i am just excited to give birth to this baby. my first labor delivery was vaginal and was so amazing. the second pregnancy, (twins one vaginal on c-section) was a let down and recovery awful. i just look foward to feeling whole and happy afterwards!

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
#11 of 14 Old 03-15-2006, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic2mom
I might be able to have a VBAC now!!!! My dr. told me my hospital would only do a vbac if I came in actively laboring w/ mo time for c/s. He doubts I make it to my section date and thinks I'll be able to vbac. I'm excited!!!

Dawn
That's great-- go for it if it feels right to you!
#12 of 14 Old 03-15-2006, 10:50 AM

Some ICAN women have primary VBAC'd 10 lb + babies. They were in good positions whereas their c/s babies weren't.

I can tell this baby is not in the same position DS was and moves less I think generally (maybe b/c it's more comfortable?)-- I think it's still LOA although without much foot action it's hard to say-- this one only likes to pat at the moment and once in a while stick it's butt out (I think it's the butt). At any rate, I'm just keeping up the OFP and hoping for the best.
#13 of 14 Old 03-15-2006, 03:38 PM

The two I've had vag deliveries for were 5 lb 7 oz and 5 lb 4 oz (my c/s was my smallest - 4 lb 15 oz). I just know how big the episiotomy (and forceps!) were with my 5 lb 7 oz baby. I talked to the doc today and he said he'd actually feel comfortable going to at least 9 lb for a vag delivery and we'd have to discuss it if it was bigger than that. Of course, he also said he thinks the baby is coming in the next week or two. So we're probably looking at a 7.5 to 8 lb baby anyway. Even that is a little scary to me. I mean, 7.5 lb is 2 lb bigger than my big boy.

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
#14 of 14 Old 03-15-2006, 05:51 PM

Well, I found out that I have to sign a special consent form to have a VBAC, because last year at the hospital where I "plan" to deliver, someone who was having a VBAC had a uterine rupture. No biggie.

At this point, I'm sad to say it but I honestly don't care-- I just want the pregnancy to be over. I'm so flipping tired of being pregnant it's not even funny.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page