okayyy.... where's Becca... is Alex on the way?!?!?!?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-14-2006, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's almost one here.... I wasnt gonna jump the gun this morning, but she's not posted yet today that I can see...... wondering if the full moon is already working its magic on her........

Thinking of you, chica!!!

#2 of 10 Old 03-14-2006, 10:03 PM

ROFL! I wish! I had contractions every 3 minutes (lasting about 30-40 seconds) yesterday afternoon and then into the night that didnt' go away with activity, rest, water or a bath. They were pretty mild though and not getting any longer so I didn't really think it was necessary to call the MW yet. Then I went to bed thinking maybe it might be it really be the start of labor, then woke up around 2 am needing to take a warm bath because my thighs were hurting (I think I may have been clenching them in my sleep). No more contractions since I woke up then of course LOL! So annoying!!! I was gone taking my dog to the vet to get spayed this morning and then had a MW appt. I'm good to go according to the midwife, but nothing happening yet!

Anything going on there with you?? I really REALLY want this baby to come out tonight but I'm not thinking thats gonna happen since I haven't had any contractions all day.

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#3 of 10 Old 03-15-2006, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Well, poopy! I was thinking of you!

Nothing here.... some good cramping and other things, and some --well, they FEEL productive-- contrax.... but nothing that doesnt feel like it couldnt go on for two more weeks.

I guess that means I need to plan my menu for family dinner this weekend.... sigh.
#4 of 10 Old 03-15-2006, 01:49 PM

Darn! I was hoping maybe at least the full moon put YOU into labor! I've had a bunch of people all telling me that its too early for the baby to come, that I'll probably go overdue blah, blah, blah so I was kinda pissy last night. Probably not the best mindset to go into labor with anyway. I hear you on planning dinners...I keep forgetting to do that because I think I will be in labor instead I suppose I should go to the store today and get stuff for the week so we don't have to have canned soup for dinner again tonight I sure hope we have our babies soon! Maybe we can aim for St. Patty's day instead...or the first day of spring

~Rebecca~

#5 of 10 Old 03-15-2006, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah! I was thinking about Spring! I always have said I wanted a Spring Baby.... maybe Babe is taking that literally!

I want to plan Saturday's fanily gathering so that DH can make it, just in case I'm either in labor or too crampy to move.... but I'm not sure what that might be -- um, other than "here's the pizza menu...."

I'm out of recharge, which upsets me greately. I have to go out for my MW apt this afternoon anyway, so I will probably end up shopping then.... but with Babe sooo low, it's so hard to get further from the bathroom than, oh, 15 feet!
#6 of 10 Old 03-15-2006, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemommy
I'm out of recharge, which upsets me greately. I have to go out for my MW apt this afternoon anyway, so I will probably end up shopping then.... but with Babe sooo low, it's so hard to get further from the bathroom than, oh, 15 feet!
Are you talking about that electrolyte drink stuff? I think it is so gross! I have 4 bottles in my pantry that I was supposed to get for labor but I doubt I'll want them. I guess the MW can drink them instead since she recommended them I completely understand about the bathroom thing...yesterday at my MW appt I peed when I got there, then before she measured me, etc and then again before I left....all in a 30 min time period! I don't even wanna walk anymore because his head hurts my tailbone, but sadly I have to make a trip to the store today too. My dog was spayed yesterday and won't eat her dry food (meaning she can't have her pain pill ) so I've got to go get some sort of tasty canned food to entice her to eat this morning. Poor little thing is so miserable! Hope your appt goes really well!

~Rebecca~

#7 of 10 Old 03-15-2006, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Yes! I am addicted to the tropical one. No matter how much water I drink, I still feel "dry", so it really helps. I even froze some and use it as icecubes just in water, still helps.

Poor schnuggles! I hope you find something yummy... when my Sweet Puppers isnt well, I make him some rice with chicken broth. He loves it!

Good luck with shopping-walking..... at least I know where all the good bathrooms are!
#8 of 10 Old 03-16-2006, 04:12 PM

How are you feeling today? Did you have a good appointment? I won't be able to check MDC for the next few days (at least) as Anna decided to break our computer so I just stopped by my mom's house to check in here and my email. I will be able to check my email via my cellphone though, so you can email me through here I believe if you want to keep in touch until I'm back online again. Didn't want you to get all excited thinking I was off having a baby when I'm just sitting at home knitting because my dd is obsessed with pushing the on/off button on the computer (which is why it is broken now) Hope you are doing well!

~Rebecca~

#9 of 10 Old 03-16-2006, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

LOL! Cute!

Hanging inthere.... I dont have the energy or desire to sit upright, so I'm actually choosing NOT to go to the show tonight, which is sad, but I think the right choice. If I came home at midnight and went into labor around 3 am, I would kick myself...

Apt was great! Neg for GBS, and we mainly talked about champagne and cake for the Birth.

I'll email you if anything happens-- and likewise!!!!

#10 of 10 Old 03-18-2006, 07:58 PM

Dh hooked up our 'spare' computer so I get to check in YAY! For once I'm actually glad that he's a packrat and didn't get rid of this thing.

I want to have a cake for after the birth too! Heck, I'd really like some cake right now actually I might just send my mom out for one a storebought one though If I have a really long early labor maybe dd and I will make one, but I'm hoping that I don't get the chance.

Glad to hear your appt went well. How are you feeling? Any signs of labor? Nothing much besides the daily bouts of contractions that I really hope are doing *something*. I'm suddenly nesting like there is no tommorrow, which I hope is a sign this little guy is coming soon. I hear you about wanting to make sure you are well rested just in case you go into labor. I completely wore myself out yesterday cleaning anything and everything I could find and then painting our entry (a spur of the moment decision) Last night I was saying over and over again to myself "tonight is NOT a good night to have this baby...tommorrow would be fine" Hope you are managing okay!

~Rebecca~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page