20 Questions to Get to Know Each Other Better - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 36 Old 03-19-2006, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Saw this on another DDC forum and promptly stole the idea.

Since we have so many strong personalities here (we are birthing Aries and Taurus children, afterall, bless our hearts!), this might be a nice way of getting a softer peek at a little more about each other.

1. What's your due date? April 12 (and it's on target since I know when I conceived, but I'm still thinking Mar 27).
2. How old are you? 37
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) A mountain in TN, deep South, Bible Belt (ugh)
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? I love sci-fi/fantasy stuff (Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc.) but also love Sleepless in Seattle and Moonstruck-type romantic comedies.
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? Am pregnant with our first, and might have *one* more after this, fate-willing. Maybe. We'll see. One might be more than enough haha.
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? That's a toughie as I'm an obsessive reader. Love Tolkien's work, but also Jane Austen and they are tops in genres...so pretty much English romantic lit and fantasy are both golden for me. Anything in those categories and I'm likely to be a fan. *grins*
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? I can't sing (unless I'm drunk and then I just *think* I can sing) but I do sing along in the car, and I play my baby mix CD (DH made it for the bean at Xmas) and it's got great stuff on it from Phish to the Dead to Barenaked Ladies, but I like Elvis' Love Me Tender and play that for her sometimes...I sing happy birthday to her twice everytime I wash my hands though. But that's the OCD-wannabe in me. Mainly I play classical and world music for her. And thankfully, there's no singing along to that.
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Love the original Pooh books, Dr. Seuss is fun, fairy-tale type books are wonderful (esp. love the ones illustrated by Kay Nielsen) but my parents read The Chronicles of Narnia to us when I was itty bitty and I think those and Harry Potter (for older kids) are the bomb. Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials series are outstanding as well (but again, for older kids).
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I used to teach college English, was a buyer for a bookstore/gift shop, copywriter in an advertising agency, among many other things. Now I'm a(n almost) SAHM. I think I'd most like to just be a writer.
10. What kind of music do you like? See #7. Hate rap and most country and metal. World music, alternative/rhythm and light classical are my faves I guess.
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) Fried potatoes, cornbread, black-eyed peas and fresh-from-the-garden sliced tomatoes!
12. What is your favorite quote? "It is better to regret something you have done than something you haven't done."
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? My thoroughness. Oh and creativity! (Two things...okay, I cheated.)
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? Lavender anything.
15. What are your hobbies? Reading, gaming (currently still playing WoW from time to time), astrology, writing, painting (though been a while).
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Sex. Seriously. I hate to exercise.
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Labor at home for 6 or so hours then off to the birth center for a drug-free, no-tear, low-light, soft-sound happy birth. (With maybe 20 mins of pushing.)
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? I already did! The only thing I wish is that it had its own bath. Other than that, I love it.
19. What kinds of pets do you have? Three cats and two dogs. Ollie, a crotchety old orange tabby; Bacchus, a longhaired white Himalayan who thinks he's a dog; and Bitchy, a gray tabby who never shuts up. We also have Stella Blue, a big-boned, hypothyroidic beagle and Thistle, a spastic yet brilliant minischnoodle.
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? That I used to be a raft guide? (That's a hard question...but I look pretty wimpy.)

Your turn!

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 36 Old 03-19-2006, 06:40 PM

I LOVE THESE! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

1. What's your due date? April 7th
2. How old are you? 34
3. Where do you live? VA
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Anything old, romantic, funny, and I even like a fair amount of cheese!
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? We are open and would LOVE a big family!
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? _The Basket of Flowers_ (lent it out and never got it back~WAH!), and I LOVE Elizabeth Prentiss!
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? Hymns and made-up songs. I love to play my dulcimer, too!
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? LOVE the entire Five in A Row booklists and anything that isn't TWADDLE!
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? SAHomeschoolingM and wouldn't change it!
10. What kind of music do you like? Hymns, bluegrass, reggae, folk songs~I guess I really like it all! Still love the 80's too....
11. What is your favorite food? Watermelon and chocolate! Pregnant: Mrs. Fearnow's Brunswick Stew and taco salads.
12. What is your favorite quote? "More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!", and "Keep thy heart with all diligence, for out of it are the issues of life."
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? Having a hard time with that right now....
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? Smile and keep a cheerful countenance!
15. What are your hobbies? Playing my mountain dulcimer, reading virtue-inspiring literature, enjoying my family.
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? I LOVE exercise videos and was really smitten with Turbo Jam before my appendectomy. LOVE kickboxing!
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? No fear, ten hours or less of labor, birth at home, baby born without being in distress, my house is in order, I have prepared and frozen few dinners, no more yucky expletives!
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? I like having baby with us, so I guess I just would like more cool supplies~like bumGenius diapers! LOL!
19. What kinds of pets do you have? Our hermit crab just died....
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I sang for the first President Bush once during a centennial celebration with a performing troupe... I had like, a one-phrase solo~LOL!

(((((HUGS))))) sandi
#3 of 36 Old 03-19-2006, 07:06 PM

1. What's your due date? 20 April. It's absolutely correct, I know when I ovulated. I have yet to make it all the way to my due date, but I think that any time after 1 April I'm likely to have the BellyBean.

2. How old are you? 28

3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) Central PA.

4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Hm. Science fiction (*good* science fiction!), probably. I used to really like movies that messed with your head, but I can't really watch those anymore (I cry too much ). I'm not sure what my favorite movie is... maybe The Fifth Element? Stargate?

5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? BellyBean is our third. We're planning four, unless we win the Powerball or something like that and suddenly have scads of money; then we'll go until we can't anymore (which, knowing our fertility, means we'll probably end up with 15-20 kids), and probably adopt more. We absolutely *love* children, especially ours.

6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? I too am a voracious reader. My favorite authors are Neil Gaiman and Orson Scott Card. Ender's Game is probably still my favorite book of all time. But I love all kinds of books, fiction, nonfiction, classics... I can't get into mysteries or trashy romances, but just about anything else is up for grabs. Other favorites that tend to surprise people: The Brothers Karamazov, Fyodor Dostoevsky; Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Rebecca Wells.

7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? I love all kinds of music and lullabies, and recently found a book (super cheap!) called Hush Songs, which I will certainly add to my repertoire. In general, though, I make up baby songs for my babies. Sometimes I make up the melodies, sometimes I just take familiar melodies and substitute the kids' names or nicknames. "If you like BeanBean boy babies/ and giving them lots of leh / if you're not into poopies / if you just like to play / if you like giving nursie-nursies / to a sweet BeanBean boy / then I've got the best baby / so easy to enjoy!" to the tune of "Escape (Pina Colada Song)". Most are even sillier, but the kids love them right from the start. (Note: "leh"= breastmilk/nursies; it is the first word/sound that many babies make, and in the case of my niece and my own children, it has most assuredly meant "Nurse me NOW!" )

8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? This is a tough one for me. I was a very early and voracious reader, so I often choose books which I think of as "kid's books" and then read through them and find that they're not appropriate for most of the kids I know who are those ages. Like, I would never hand my 8-year-old niece A Wrinkle In Time, even though I was younger than that when I read it, you know?

Babies are easier. BeanBean loved Eric Carle, and right now he's enjoying The Secret Garden (read aloud, he's not that fluent yet! ). We've got lots of early readers around.. I'm sure I'll find something for BellyBean.

9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I'm a bum. No, I'm a SAHM. I wish that I was a SAHM with a hell of a lot more money. That or a biochemist. I love chemistry. And math...

10. What kind of music do you like? There's very little that makes me ill, musically speaking, but it certainly happens. Lately I've been into booty-shakin music (rap that really isn't about anything but hot chicks shakin their big butts ) and kind of bubble-gum pop. I'm also a *huge* fan of baroque music, and I love opera and classical ballets. I guess the word would be "ecclectic."

11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant): Right now, absolutely nothing appeals to me. Generally, I'd have to say sashimi (yes, raw fish with wasabi & pickled ginger), or seafood of any kind.

12. What is your favorite quote? I've got *loads*. "The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has limits."-- Einstein; "Don't hold strong opinions about things you don't understand."-- Bumper Sticker; "I'm going to do it, but I need a cookie first."-- College Roomate; "When I grow up and buy a house, how will I know how to get home?"-- SkinnyPunk, age 4. I could go on like this all day...

13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I'm not sure. My kids like having me around, I guess that's pretty good... :

14. What is your favorite beauty secret? Beauty secret? Um, I bathe pretty regularly, and I try to remember to wear sunscreen...

15. What are your hobbies? Reading, needlework (embroidery, cross-stitch, knitting, crochet, and I've even been known to tat on occasion ), logic problems, sudoku & cross-sums (recently), music (piano & violin, singing & listening), foreign language, research problems (seriously-- I choose topics and research them just for fun; is that geeky or what?!), RPGs (haven't gamed in a while, but I'd love to get a tabletop running... once BooBah's PICA is controlled enough to keep her from eating the dice... ).

16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Even though I haven't done it in more than 4 years, I'd have to say riding my bike. I miss it so, so much.

17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Quick, easy, in the bathtub in the middle of the night. Ideally, I'd give birth around 5 a.m. very quietly and peacefully, so that when Mike & BeanBean get up to use the toilet, they find me in the tub nursing the BellyBean and Mike doesn't have to go to work. In fact, it'd be best if it happened at 5 a.m. on a Monday. You hear me, BellyBean?

18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? My dream nursery... Hm. Well, I'd like to have a big room for the kids to move to in pairs, with several sets of bunk beds and slides and climbing toys everywhere. I have dreams of a giant train serving as a bed for up to 20 kids, with my nieces and nephew and children all spending time in there as they desire. The room would be attached by a bathroom to the master bedroom, where the smaller kids would sleep until they were ready to move into the nursery.

19. What kinds of pets do you have?None, we live in an apartment.

20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I used to be traffic-stoppingly hot. Literally; I have caused car accidents with my super sexy bod. Today, I look like a beached walrus.

The other thing that nobody ever seems to guess by looking at me is my actual age. For some reason, most people who see me are convinced that I'm *at least* 5 years younger than I am, and more often 10-12. I think that they're high, though, I think that I look my age.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#4 of 36 Old 03-19-2006, 07:09 PM

1. What's your due date? April 14th
2. How old are you? 27
3. Where do you live? Ontario CANADA
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Sweet Home Alabama, Ever After, Harry Potter series, Amelie
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? Have 3 already, maybe 5
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? Love Chicklitt!! Sophie Kinsella, Gemma Townley and the like. Oh, and J.K. Rowling the whole Harry Potter series.
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? Totally made-up songs that are usually a play on their names.
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Well, all my kids love the Baby Einstein touch and feel books.
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I'm a SAHM who sometimes works at a friend's Natural Parenting store (my kids are welcome there to work alongside me).
10. What kind of music do you like? a wide variety; Missy Elliott, Shakira, Coldplay, swing music and classical (dh is a professional classical musician afterall)
11. What is your favorite food? Vietnamese!!! Raspberries, strawberries.
12. What is your favorite quote? "The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity" Rolo May.
Hooray for non-conformists!!
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I know how to love with all my heart.
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? Natural products from LUSH!
15. What are your hobbies? Reading, walking, sewing and cross-stitching.
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? I used to do hip hop aerobics and dance.
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Same as my last labor, At home, 1h15 minutes of hard labor that includes going from 6 cm to baby all out in 15 minutes!!
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? Baby will sleep with us (like the others have done) so I would just add some WHAM diapers that I totally can't afford.
19. What kinds of pets do you have? none
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I met my dh when I was 10 years old. We went to the same grade school. Got married at 19 years old!
#5 of 36 Old 03-19-2006, 07:09 PM

I am more of a lurker but post when I can Don't forget some of us are having Taurus babys!!

1. What's your due date?
April 28th
2. How old are you? 29
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) So. Middle Tennessee
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? I love harry potter movies, some chick flick kinda movies and comedies, i am a big fan of the lotr, narnia that sort of fantasy sci fi stuff
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? I wanted to have 3 and I am on my 3rd
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? I love to read sci fi fantasy sorta books, some of my fav authors are c.s. lewis, tolkein, george r.r. martin, Anne Rice, Robert Jordan
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? I am not too much for singing, i am a much better hummer lol
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? I like to read them the little board books when they are small then once they get big enough ill let them pick out what they would like for mommy to read, our oldest son (6) he loves to be read out of our fantasy books about dragons elves hobbits etc..
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did?I am currently a SAHM and have been nearly for 7 yrs now..I did work for about a year during that time and my hubby was a SAHD Pre children I was a Financial Mgr for theUSAF
10. What kind of music do you like? I love the dead, most country music I enjoy, i also love alot of classic rock
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) I love italian anytime, when i am pregnant i crave really spicy food , this pregnancy it's been lots of fruits lol
12. What is your favorite quote? Keep on truckin
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I don't know I guess that I am easy person to get along with
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? I don't wear any makeup so I can't give any secrets lol
15. What are your hobbies?i love to surf the web play online games, currently on hiatus from the big MMO's I use to play, IE WOW, DAOC, etc etc , also enjoy reading and vegging out with my kiddos and hubs
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? I hate to exercise so let's say getting out of my pc to hit the fridge hehe
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? To bring a beautiful healthy baby into this world in a nice and timly manner
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? I'd build another room on my house so the baby would't have to room in with big brother after we are done co-sleeping
19. What kinds of pets do you have? I have a dog named PJ(he's jrt and blue heeler mix, and we have a cat named Smokey)
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? That i only knew and dated my husband for 15 days and we got married on that 15th day and here we are 7 yrs later, no itch and about to have our 3rd baby!!
#6 of 36 Old 03-19-2006, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Sandi -- I can't believe I forgot to list reggae! Love reggae (and yet not a fan of rap -- I think it's the attitude more than anything though).

Rynna -- Ender's Game is OUTSTANDING. I've really enjoyed the Bean offshoot series too. And yet, I loathed Ya-Ya. And I'm hardcore Southern. But I think the gals from Steel Magnolias could kick the Ya-Yas asses anyday. That's just me....

Jaime -- Eep! Yes! Taurus too! Sorry. Pg brain. Edited post to include the bull babes. My apologies.

Isn't this a fun game?

#7 of 36 Old 03-19-2006, 08:30 PM

1. What's your due date? April 1st.
2. How old are you? 34
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) South Florida
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? I love old movies. Roman Holiday. Bogart movies. On the Waterfront. East of Eden. Splendor in the Grass. I also like movies like Godfather, Goodfellas, Casino, etc. For comedies I like Waiting for Guffman and Best in Show.
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? This is #4. We have never discussed how many we would have. All were surprises but I think this is the last one.
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? I like biographies.
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? No lullabies. Probably just make up songs as I go along.
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Lily and the Purple Plastic Purse and The Little House.
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I'm a stay at home mom. I was a editor at a tv station before I became a mom. I wish I could either be a photographer or massage therapist.
10. What kind of music do you like? Keb Mo'. Joss Stone. Iron and Wine. Old James Brown. Joni Mitchell. Stevie Wonder. Sarah Vaughn.
11. What is your favorite food? Italian and seafood pregnant or not. Although this pregnancy I ate alot of spinach dip and craved beets.
12. What is your favorite quote? Can't think of any off hand. I can barely remember my name at this point.
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I'm low maintenance.
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? I'm lucky if I get to shower.
15. What are your hobbies? Photography
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Riding my bike.
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? I woke up in the middle of the night. Felt some pressure and caught the baby while sitting on the toilet.
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? We co-sleep so I can't really invision a seperate nursey.
19. What kinds of pets do you have? Two dogs: Leela Mae and Chester. One cat: Pickles. And a few fish.
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I'm not shy. I tend to speak my mind.
#8 of 36 Old 03-19-2006, 09:41 PM

1. What's your due date? April 8 or 9. DS was 17 days early, though, so I'm thinking any time now.
2. How old are you? 34
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing)Central Florida
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? My favorite movie of all time is Three Colors: Blue. I also love old movies and foreign films.
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? This is number two for us. We may adopt a third in the future, or we may be done. I'm feeling pretty confident that this is my last pregnancy.
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? Isabel Allende and Katherine Anne Porter are my all-time faves. I read mysteries as my "trash" reading. Robert B. Parker, Sue Grafton, and Laurie R. King are favorites there.
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? I'm a children's librarian by vocation, so I know waaaay too many songs. DS and I sing all the time. Sometimes regular kid songs, sometimes we make up our own words.
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Again, way too many choices for me. DS is really into nursery rhymes and fairy tales right now, so that's what we're reading. He also loves Eric Carle. His first favorite book was Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathman.
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I'm a SAHM now, but I was a children's librarian/storyteller and will go back to that eventually.
10. What kind of music do you like? Different stuff. Cowboy Junkies, Leonard Cohen, Indigo Girls, old new wave (heh), dance music.
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) Mediterranean all the way. I've consumed gallons of hummus this pg.
12. What is your favorite quote? Here's what popped into my head: "The original sin is to limit the Is. Don't."
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I'm flexible.
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? Ha. Sometimes I bathe.
15. What are your hobbies? Reading, writing, knitting, outdoor stuff.
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Hiking.
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Water breaks when dh is home. Take our time calling in care for ds, head to birth center. Easy, laid back labor for maybe 2-3 hours, then baby.
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? I'm not so into the dream nursery since we co-sleep, but I'd love the kids to have a great bedroom that they could share that had room for sleeping and playing.
19. What kinds of pets do you have? Two cats. Jack is black & white, Sprocket is a tortoiseshell diva.
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? Um....that I'm punkier that my hippie facade would suggest?
#9 of 36 Old 03-19-2006, 09:46 PM

1. What's your due date? May 21 (original April 28th, but found out in the middle of pg so I stay in both)
2. How old are you? 22
3. Where do you live? Lubbock, Tx
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Notebook, Gladiator, Deep Impact, romance moives, Old School, Office Space
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? I have two girls now and I'm prego with my third daughter and I'm sure I will have more.
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? The DaVinci Code and The Island of the Blue Dolphines
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? don't really have one
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? I love the Little Critter books
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I work at the third largest cable company in the United States in the accounting department
10. What kind of music do you like? pop, rock, r&b
11. What is your favorite food? sweets, fresh white corn on the cob, my mom's cooking, Taco Villa, Sonic, Chicken Express
12. What is your favorite quote? "Everything happens for a reason."
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I'm a good listener
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? self-tanner
15. What are your hobbies? the internet, reading when I get a chance, going out to dinner
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? running and weights
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? quick and safe
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? I would love to do Shabby Chic and vintage fairy pictures
19. What kinds of pets do you have? none
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I can flip my eyelids inside out
#10 of 36 Old 03-19-2006, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckat
10. What kind of music do you like? Different stuff. Cowboy Junkies, Leonard Cohen, Indigo Girls, old new wave (heh), dance music.
Mike is a *huge* Leonard Cohen fan; he actually wants us to maybe name a baby boy Leonard one of these days after him. And he introduced me to the Cowboy Junkies. Very cool!

Renee-- I loved Steel Magnolias, but I don't think I could handle it right now... I'm getting teary just thinking about it.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#11 of 36 Old 03-19-2006, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy

Renee-- I loved Steel Magnolias, but I don't think I could handle it right now... I'm getting teary just thinking about it.
Oh honey there's no way I could watch it right now either -- I'm just saying *those* were some quintessential Southern women.

There's all kinds of things I haven't been able to watch since getting pg. Not just the emotional things (like Steel Magnolias), but the intense things too. I miss CSI and L&O the most I think. It's those darn gruesome detective shows I dig and yet cannot, since getting pg, stomach at all. I got upset yesterday watching a special on pyramids because they started describing rituals and it was horrific. I haven't been able to watch Battlestar Galactica at all this season -- we've TiVO'd it and DH stuck it on the hard drive so I can watch it later when I'm not so easily freaked.

I'm a super wimp these days....

#12 of 36 Old 03-19-2006, 10:44 PM

1. What's your due date?
April 28/29th, but possibly March 28, who knows. I give up, and I have no real way of knowing when this is gonna be over until the kid comes out.
2. How old are you?
26 (27 in May)
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing)
Idaho
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)?
I'm a comedy/romantic comedy gal. I can watch Sleepless in Seattle, Ever After, Blast From The Past, that kind of thing over and over. But I also like the whole Harry Potter thing, and was suprised to find I loved Batman Begins (I'm usually not much on action and such).
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have?
This babe will be #2. For some reason I kinda want 3, but we may be done after 2. We'll see. We've got plenty of time.
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)?
I'm really lame in this area. Mostly romance novels - which I either read while sitting on the toilet with the door locked so I can have some alone time or while I'm using the cardio machines at the gym. Or I read stuff that I'm interested in at the time - canning, birthing/midwifery, new recipes, whatever. I got way burnt out on reading during school and college, and it took me years to start reading for pleasure again.
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby?
I sing along with whatever music we may be listening to. Or I'll hum. I know tons of camp songs, but not so much in the lullaby department.
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children?
Dh is a fan of Bill Peet, I kinda like Dr. Suess, but nothing that I'm in love with. Ds is just like a puppy and chews on every. single. book. No joke. We have to keep all his books out of reach so he doesn't destroy them (he's already completely destroyed a handful, ruined/ripped another dozen).
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did?
I'm a sahm. I wouldn't mind doing this for the next 50 years like my grandmothers, I think it suits me. We're also planning to homeschool, so it'd work out quite well for us. Pre-ds I worked in the tourism industry, which was stressful but fun at times. Hoteliers can be really annoying and toddler-like at times. During school I worked in the college's athletic and forestry departments, in addition to my perpetual retail job.
10. What kind of music do you like?
I just listen to the radio. They almost never run out of music, I don't have to change CD's, and it's cheap.
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant)
Hmmm... I like pizza, *love* alfredo (I make a darn good alfredo sauce nowadays), and when I'm pregnant I usually can't get enough salad.
12. What is your favorite quote?
"The worst they can do is say no." From my girl scout leader in high school - you'll never know the answer to something unless you ask, and all someone can do is tell you no. And even then it's not set in stone.
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I'm almost always prepared. The anal-ness and girl scout in me.
14. What is your favorite beauty secret?
Sleep. And lots of it. The circles under my eyes went away (even with a 5mo!) when I stopped working and got more than 5 hours of sleep a night.
15. What are your hobbies?
Once upon a time I collected salt & pepper shakers, I have scrapbooks and scrapbooking supplies to use eventually... I enjoy cooking when I have everything I need and the energy, am working on getting our garden up to where I want it to be. I started canning a little last year, too. I'm such a homebody.
16. What is your favorite form of exercise?
Riding my bike around the neighborhood. Ds *loves* it too. I'm bummed because I won't be able to take the babe out biking until next year, so dh and I will have to get creative with scheduling biking. I dig the fresh air and sun, plus it's kinda fun to snoop on our neighbors to see what's going on.
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby?
Basically just the kid coming out. I'd hate to have this big long plan about it, because it would undoubtedly not happen and I'd get disappointed. I have hopes (like no tearing and a quick labor), but that's it.
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do?
I'd much rather design my dream play room - for me and the kids. I'm not into the nursery decorating thing, I'm too cheap. I just found this great idea of putting a craft table/area/organization *inside* a closet, and I fell in love it. Plus we want to turn the basement into the kids' playroom - right now it's a junk graveyard.
19. What kinds of pets do you have?
Just a ds that acts like a dog sometimes, and 1 mouse a year that gets into the house. Oh, and random neighborhood cats that like to stop by the yard to say hi to ds.
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you?
That the reason dh finally asked me out was because I told him I needed to get laid. He was intrigued after that statement.
Or that I rode in a hot air balloon when I was 7...
Or that I've never tried brussel sprouts and despise lima beans.

Wife to an amazing hubby, mother hen to four chicken3.gif 
(If you're curious, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2010, and yes, it's a busy house)
#13 of 36 Old 03-19-2006, 11:12 PM

1. What's your due date? April 16th
2. How old are you? 29
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing)Northern CA in the foothills of the Sierra's. Smartville, CA. We must all be smart here.
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Comedies, Harry Potter, Ever After
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? This is our first and I would like to have 4, but we'll see how far we get.
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? Barbara Kingsolver books and I just read the Time Traveler's Wife, I really liked that one
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? Don't have any yet. Have a couple of lullaby cd's
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Dr. Suess (Green Eggs and Ham, Marvin Mooney), I don't know, probably spend a lot of time at the library getting new books each week
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? WAHM mainly, I have a farm and will go back to selling organic free-range eggs and organic veggies at Farmer's Market next year when the baby is older. I want to eventually sell the Mohair from my Angora goats or put it in quilts as batting to sell. This is what I've always wanted to do so I'm living my dream right now.
10. What kind of music do you like? Blue Grass, a little bit of country, Jazz, Big Band, classical, anything really except for rap
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) chocolate (if that's a food), homemade guacamole and my mom's cooking except for her steaks (she's not very good at that), my dh's bbq Mmmmm, I miss that since it's started raining
12. What is your favorite quote? Can't think of any at the moment
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I like to do hard work labor type of stuff that wears you out.
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? I'm a shower and go kinda gal
15. What are your hobbies? Dirt bike riding (really missed it this winter), internet, my animals,
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Hiking. Wish I had more time to hike with the dogs
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? baby isn't posterier when I go into labor and it lasts 6-8 hrs nice and quietly
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? We co-sleep also so maybe a cute room for the kids with an animal theme
19. What kinds of pets do you have? 5 dogs (Maddie is our Anatolian Shepherd who is a livestock gaurddog, she lives outside with the animals, Shelley is a lab mix, Sarah is a Viszla mix, Sig is a Papillon/mini blue aussie mix, and Shelby is a border collie mix) 3 cats (Bigfoot is white w/big orange splotches and has extra toes, Honda is a siamese mix, and Olivia a.k.a. the devil is an orange fluff ball, she likes to pick fights with poor Honda), a fancy goldfish, a parakeet named Conrad, a cockatiel named Rufus, a ferret named Hobbs, 9 standard Cochin chickens, and 3 adult Angora goats and two babies. I think I got everybody
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I love to dirt bike ride and get dirty, I love my farm

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#14 of 36 Old 03-19-2006, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
Mike is a *huge* Leonard Cohen fan; he actually wants us to maybe name a baby boy Leonard one of these days after him.
One of the names on our short list is Leo. DH thinks I'm a big nerd.
#15 of 36 Old 03-20-2006, 12:38 AM

1. What's your due date? April 14
2. How old are you? 31
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing)Peoria, AZ
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Romantic comedies
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? I am cooking my third and final babe. I'd take one or two more, but my body is done.
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? Dont have a favorite, but I love to read.
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? LOL probably songs from the 70's-80's and country music.
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? I love I'll Love You Forever. Icant read that one without crying.
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I make and sell cloth diapers and accessories and am a Natural Family Boutique consultant. I am doing what I want to be
10. What kind of music do you like? I like most of it.
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) MMMMM biscuits and gravy and double stuffed reeses peanut butter cups, cheesecake. I wish I could have any of them but they hurt my gall bladder too much
12. What is your favorite quote?Will have to think about this one. I have seen so many I love.
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? sugar scrub. it makes my skin lok and smell so yummy
15. What are your hobbies? Reading and sewing.
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? At this point just walking. I useed to be a runner and will probably start again once I am healed up from this birth.
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Labor at home not even realizing at first I am and calmly delivering the baby in my bathtub with my candles burning
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? I have been working on mine although I bet it will be the cutest laundry room in the world. I painted the walls half way up blue and put froggy wall paper border with the matching wall hangings, carpet and crib set from babies r us. I dont know why I did since neither of my kids ever slept in a crib and are both still in my room. i just had the space this time and most of the stuff was given to me as gifts. I'll have to take a picture.
19. What kinds of pets do you have? 2 cats and a dog.
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? That I am a certified personal trainer and have a BS in Nutrition. It is actually quite funny looking at me now. Nobody would believe me
Your turn![/QUOTE]
#16 of 36 Old 03-20-2006, 01:14 AM

1. What's your due date? April 24th
2. How old are you? 34 (35 this week)
3. Where do you live? Montreal, Canada
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Fight Club
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? This wil be my 3rd, my husband's first. Don't know if we're done but I think so... no more room in the car or house.
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? I read voraciously... anything and everything (even the toothpaste tube, over and over again). Recent reads: I really really loved the Time Traveler's Wife, enjoyed Tipping Point (now I'm halfway through Blink).
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? Scottish lullaby my mum sang to us: She's a bonnie baeren
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Goodnight Gorilla is a favorite here. Eric Carle's the Very Hungry Caterpillar and also the Grouchy Ladybug. Robert Munsch books are also popular. We are reading the Narnia books at bedtime. Harry Potter series too.
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I'm a production coordinator for an ad agency. It's a great job - been with the same company for 11 years.
10. What kind of music do you like? Anything and everything 'cept new country and opera (sorry to any fans). Right now I'm especially grooving to: Black Eyed Peas (Elephunk), White Stripes, Beastie Boys. Whenever I want to visit my lost brain cells, I listen to 80s music (I can barely remember my name... why can I remember all those lyrics??)
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) CHOCOLATE, sushi, scallops, Italian in general, French.... I could go on & on
12. What is your favorite quote? Ummmmm....dunno.
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I'm smart (and blonde!)
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? Ummm, I'm lucky if I get to shower daily
15. What are your hobbies? Photography, cooking, reading
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Walking/hiking
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Longer than the last time (2.5 hours), at home, lots of calm
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? We co-sleep
19. What kinds of pets do you have? 2 dogs - Spencer, a 10 year old boxer/retriever cross and Nobu a black pug - and some great big dust rhinos
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? That I met my husband on the 'net.
#17 of 36 Old 03-20-2006, 02:23 AM

1. What's your due date? april 22
2. How old are you? 43
3. Where do you live? big island hawaii
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? dancing with wolves, incredibles (so well done) most movies bore me by talking down to me or are so predictible i am bored within minutes of most so i never go
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? this is our third and probably last only because of my age, I am open to adopt though
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? Right now I am reading my third jane austen and just finshed 9 or so books from lawanna blackwell since thanksgiving, also like lynn austin
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? i make them up as we go
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? amblesideonline.com reading list, fiveinarow.com reading list, honey for a childs heart reading list, living books and i second twaddle free books!
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? missionary/same
10. What kind of music do you like? all kinds
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) mexican,sushi
12. What is your favorite quote? still thinking on that one...
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? i am learning to go with the flow and be flexible
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? cetaphil daily cleanser
15. What are your hobbies? homeschool research
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? swimming
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? quick labor and safe delivery
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? we co sleep so no nursery
19. What kinds of pets do you have? we take care of a huge cat that is the building cat
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I am 43, 44 in less than two weeks
#18 of 36 Old 03-20-2006, 02:30 AM

1. What's your due date? April 5th
2. How old are you? 29
3. Where do you live? (whatever you are comfortable sharing) Texas
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Shawshank Redemption is the first to come to mind.
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? Expecting our second, dh says this will be the last, but I am hoping for one more.
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? Bridge Across Forever, by Richard Bach*
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? For my son now I sing the classics, Rock a bye baby, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I really need to expand my horizons.
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Wishes for You, I'm Made of Mama's Milk, Welcome With Love. Those are a few of Ds current favorites.
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? Right now I teach elementary special eduction, but will be a SAHM after this baby arrives.
10. What kind of music do you like? I really like almost everything, depending on my mood. My collection contains everything from Faith Hill to Eminem, Al Green, NIN, there is nothing that I won't listen to if I am in that mood.
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) pizza, fettucine alfredo with shrimp, fried chicken
12. What is your favorite quote? "Speak your truth, even if your voice shakes" one the mom's on the ICAN group uses this and I think it is great, I think about it often.
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I am a great mom, not many other things I know I am good at, but that is one.
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? Lot's of sleep and water, oh and a little lipstick can do wonders.
15. What are your hobbies? Reading, want to start digital scrapbooking, and some photography, maybe I will have time when I am home full time, yea right.
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? walking and playing with my son
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Homebirth, start slow, build up slowly so I don't get overwhelmed, no tears, waterbirth with my Dh and Ds there.
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? It would be connected to our master bedroom, soft green color, white accents, wood floors with a big plush rug, comfy chair to nurse in, but mainly it would be just for show since babe will be with us for quite a while cosleeping.
19. What kinds of pets do you have? One dog, a chocolate lab named Rita, she is a sweetheart
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I don't know

Your turn!
#19 of 36 Old 03-20-2006, 02:57 AM

1. What's your due date? April 25th
2. How old are you? 31
[B]3. Where do you live? Portland, OR
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? All the Harry Potter movies, Hindi/Bollywood movies,
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? Am pregnant with our first.
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? All the Harry Potter books. The Twentieth Wife, The Feast of Roses.
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? I'll sing all kinds of songs - lullabies, children's music (Raffi), Hindi songs, folk songs, etc.
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Where the Wild Things Are, Goodnight Moon, Pooh books, Shel Silverstein books, Harry Potter, Dr. Suess, etc.
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I practice Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and also teach and supervise Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine students.
10. What kind of music do you like? World music, Hindi music, Pop
[B]11. What is your favorite food? wild seafood (salmon, shrimp, halibut), organic veggies, organic fruit, "curry chaval", dill rice.
12. What is your favorite quote? "Let your life lightly dance on the edges of time like the dew on the tip of a leaf." Rabindranath Tagore.
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I make the best of all situations.
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? Burt's Bees lip gloss/lipstick.
15. What are your hobbies? Hiking, reading, cooking, nature, animals.
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Yoga
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? An easy, happy, birth that brings forth a beautiful, healthy, baby girl.
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? Make sure it came with a nanny and housekeeper.
19. What kinds of pets do you have? A boxer who is so loveable and sweet and toy pomeranian who I am convinced is a little fairy. She's so adorable and when she romps through the woods, she looks like she's communing with the fairies and other woodland creatures.
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? That I'm due in a month. I look pretty small.

Your turn![/QUOTE]

Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Specialist. Licensed in WA and OR. Mamma to a lovely doll born April 2006.
#20 of 36 Old 03-20-2006, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
1. What's your due date? April 19th
2. How old are you? 32
[b]3. Where do you live? Northern Virginia
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? any musical with Gene Kelly or Julie Andrews
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? Am pregnant with our first.
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? This is a toughie. I read everything and anything -- don't really have favorites.
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? I"ll sing it all! I'm a musician, so whatever strikes my fancy at the moment...
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? So many good ones, and I look forward to exploring them with the little bean.
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? Elementary music teacher.
10. What kind of music do you like? World music, bluegrass, classical, eclectic collection of pop.
11. What is your favorite food? Pregnant, it's fruit, hands down!! I like most foods, except my MIL's cooking.
12. What is your favorite quote? "If you can walk, you can dance. If you can talk, you can sing." (African wisdom)
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? Hmm -- probably that I'm never afraid to try something new.
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? Not looking in the mirror.
15. What are your hobbies? Hiking, reading, sewing or knitting (sometimes), playing my various instruments, painting or drawing.
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? dancing, swimming, walking
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? successful unmedicated birth with no fights with hospital staff
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? not contain too much crap
19. What kinds of pets do you have? none- i"m allergic to animals. I have a bonsai named Worcester.
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? Someday I'll get my PhD and be a professor.
#21 of 36 Old 03-20-2006, 01:41 PM

1. What's your due date? May 4, but I'm pretty sure it should be a week before that based on my own informal cycle tracking. But I will not complain about being given an extra week in case baby needs to cook!
2. How old are you? 27
3. Where do you live? Outside Baltimore, MD
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Star Wars, Boiler Room, Murial's Wedding, Napoleon Dynamyte... I like an eclectic mix, but I really don't like super-violent movies.
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? I have a DD with this baby on the way. There might be one more, not sure yet! It wouldn't happen for another 2 years or so.
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? I really love Margaret George's fictional biographies. I enjoy reading Mary Higgins Clark for fluff. And I LOVE reading memoir's by humorists like David Sederis and Bill Bryson. And recently read "Comfort Me with Apples" by Ruth Reichl and I can't wait to read more by her!
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? Musical theater songs like "Everything's Alright" from JCSuperstar and I like to make up silly songs. We sang "I've Been Working on the Railroad" for DD nonstop, so I don't think we'll be singing that one again.
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? I really like Eric Carle books because they are visually stunning and so simple. And we have a lot of Priddy Books- DD still LOVES them. They're alot of fun. Goodnight Moon is a favorite as is books that include nursing like "Mama Mama", "I'm made of Mama's Milk" and "We Like to Nurse".
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I am a sales analyst for a very large company. I work from home and will be off work until Jan 2007. I feel spoiled because I get the best of both worlds- I don't have to fear missing out on anything and still nurse while being able to do work that I enjoy. My DH is the main parent during the day. I don't wish for things to be any different... this is the ideal situation for all of us!
10. What kind of music do you like? Patsy Cline, George Jones, Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Elton John, Radiohead, Tori Amos, Sarah McLauchlin... a little of everything!
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) Saurkraut with dumplings and kielbasa (a slovenian specialty) and my mom's Tuna Noodle Cassarole with homemade noodles.
12. What is your favorite quote? I can't think of it exactly, but it is something like, "When you have a child, you choose to have you heart walk around outside your body forever". It truly reflects the feelings I have about my DD!
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? My assertiveness. I used to let people walk all over me, but since becoming a mom, I have become much stronger about standing up for what is important to me and my family and not allowing other people to compromise that. I feel so much better about myself and my choices now!
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? MSM lotion for EVERTHING!
15. What are your hobbies? Ha! Knitting, sewing, gardening, reading, jogging.
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Definately running! I could run and run and run for hours.
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? a homebirth... but alas, we cannot do that, so I wish that my labor will be slow, peaceful and I will soak in a relaxing bath until the baby is ready to come out and meet us. I will be able to successfully breathe the baby down slowly and without trauma.
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? I already have a "baby room" that is pretty nice. I think I would add a small LCD TV mounted in the corner for those late nights and maybe have a comfy day bed fro me and the baby to snuggle on.
19. What kinds of pets do you have? Two dogs: male terrier mix 8 yo named Nick and a male black lab mix 7 yo named Keyser. Two cats, Hebrew and Lily (both boys).
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? Hmmmmm... I can't really think of anything. Um, I sued the state of PA when I was in college for not allowing the newspaper I ran to run ads from bars. We won years later!

#22 of 36 Old 03-20-2006, 02:21 PM

1. What's your due date? April 19

2. How old are you? 25

3. Where do you live? Seattle, WA

4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Harold & Maude, childrens movies, independant/foreign

5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? Syddo's our first! We'll see how things are when she's 3

6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? Non-fiction: PIHKAL/TIHKAL, Abortion: A Positive Decision, When Survivors Give Birth, Anything on Timber Press or relating to Child Development; Fiction: Murikami Haruki, Mishimi Yukio, Tolstoy, Sarte/DeBeuvoir, classics

7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? My husband & I play guitar & piano & sing her Kimya Dawson, Bobby Bare Jr., Bright Eyes, The Mountain Goats, James Taylor, Cat Stevens, The Beatles, etc. She already has musical taste par excellence

8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Sandra Boyton, National Geographic, anything chewable

9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I was an early childhood education specialist, now staying at home to live my dream of SAH to raise Sydney & garden till my fingers sprout.

10. What kind of music do you like? Anti-folk: The Mountain Goats, Moldy Peaches, Kimya Dawson, Jens Lekman; Dancehall: Sugar Minnott; Alt Country; Classic Rock; Ambient; Dub; Folk; Hip Hop: The Roots, Talib Kweli, Zion I, Deltron, Greyskul

11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant): Fried green tomatos, fried okra, chicken fried tofu, mashed potatos, cornbread & GRAVY!

12. What is your favorite quote? "Look little You in the eye, Each time you encounter a child" ~Kimya Dawson

13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? My strength & resiliance.

14. What is your favorite beauty secret? Grapeseed oil

15. What are your hobbies? Traveling, gardening, backcountry hiking, playing with kitties, listening to music, making music, building things, painting things, hanging out, smiling at strangers, being excellent

16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Hiking, swimming & yoga

17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Sydney born at home into her daddys arms.

18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? I think our nursery's nice the way it is

19. What kinds of pets do you have? A superdobie, Jordan, and 3 heathen kitties

20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I'd rather be scrambling up a cliff in the East Cascades in search of the infamous Bald Lake

Wife to my of 10 years, SAHM to my 2 beautiful homebirthed girls Sydney (4/29/2006) Kennedy (3/21/2010) & 1 super Newfoundland
#23 of 36 Old 03-20-2006, 02:36 PM

I'm still reading through everyone's replies, but I had to really laugh about not being able to handle Steel Magnolias. A couple of months ago, of all things, Grease came on~and I cried like a baby at the end! ROFLOL! At GREASE! AH well.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

ETA~Newbie Mary, I LOVE that quote, too!

Nighten, I also can't handle CSI and such right now... Kinda glad to know it's not just me!

Forgot to share that this is blessing #4!
#24 of 36 Old 03-20-2006, 02:39 PM

1. What's your due date? April 4.

2. How old are you? 31

3. Where do you live? "Eastside" of Seattle, WA ... but not for too much longer!!! long story, but soon we will be moving back to SUNNY AZ to be with family and have more of a real life.

4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Sigh... anything with Pierce Brosnan . (DO NOT get me started on the "new Bond"-- i will CRY. My best friend saw him at her hotel in Vancouver this weekend, and I am DYING with JEALOUSY. We are also huge Star Wars fans!

5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? This is our first! We both would like two-- another reason for the move to a more reasonable place.

6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? Oh, wow. Obsessive reader here.... I've been re-re-re-reading (DH says it's good for our budget, but really, I just like them so much!) my faves-- Bill Bryson, Peter Mayle... I also love what I call "trashy chic lit beach reads" -- Wendy Holden, esp... but anything that involves girl friends, lots of martinis, and preferably a tropical setting, though they are often in London or NYC which is ok too. Escapist, in otherwords, since Bryson and Mayle are both "travel" related.... In my former (academic) life, I adored Robertson Davies, Ayn Rand, and other dark and depressing academic satyre type books... oh, I'm totally blanking their names-- oh, right. AS Byatt. and her sister.... Penelope or something.

7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? I have two CDs Ive made for labor-- one is classical guitar type and one is mellow Brazilain Samaba-- think Girl from Iponema, only softer.... Mainly I sing Paul Simon songs....

8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Goodnight Moon! I adore the Sandra Boynton ones-- HIPPOS GO BEZERK and others. Tooo fun.

9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? Post my dalliance with Academia (I started my PhD in --ready?-- "Modern British Intellectual History"... then ran screaming. Ended up doing marketing for a local self-producing musical theatre company, where I've been for five years. After the baby comes, since we're moving, I'll probably look for some online kind of something, then maybe go do alumni relations for my old school or something.....

10. What kind of music do you like? Paul Simon ("Take this child, Lord, from Tucson, Arizona...."), Gypsy Kings, Brazilian Jazz/Samba... Getz/Gilberto, Bebel Gilberto...and, of course, my husband's compositions! (He's an organist.)

11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) Oh, goodness. "A loaf of bread, a jug of wine, and thou." Rose', pinot (grigio), Shiraz/Syrah.... bree, fresh moz, any soft cheese, really.... a good loaf of french bread. We mainly eat Italian (DH is part Italian)... though I've had a major aversion since I've been preggers... that's been HARD with a capital HA.

12. What is your favorite quote? Oh, dear! I used to be the queen of quotes! Let's see..... "If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."-Cicero..... "If I have weaknesses, don't let them blind me now.."-Paul Simon.... I know there is a great one that I am not thinking of right now..... <DH's suggestion: "Bite me." Since I say it alllll the time. >

13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? When I'm not pregnant-- my enthusiasm! It's totally my signature. I've been too tired to be at my usual level.

14. What is your favorite beauty secret? Sunshine!

15. What are your hobbies? Cooking, gardening, planning parties.

16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Yoga and walking! Neither of which I can do now. :

17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Fun and relaxing early labor at home, drive to birth center, stopping to get some fresh cut orchids, arrive birth center, get in tub, have my Samba on, Mom makes it in time, family there, chatting, having fun, lots of laughter, Baby comes easily, nurses like a pro right away... we break out the champagne and cake!

18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? I think ours is great! I'll get to give it a second go when we move, but I love itt now! Photos here.

19. What kinds of pets do you have? Moose! A shi tsu. Pics HERE.

20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you?
That I've gained OVER FIFTY POUNDS. I swear, no one would guess, because it's ALL in my BELLY. Freaky.
#25 of 36 Old 03-20-2006, 05:25 PM

1. What's your due date? April 14 (but have a feeling baby will come a bit earlier this time)
2. How old are you? 31 (will be 32 end of April)
3. Where do you live? Stuttgart, Germany
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Anything with Ewan McGregor, 16 Candles, Dead Poets Society, Jerry McGuire, Muriel's Wedding, Priscilla Queen of the Desert
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? This child will be #2. Dh and I are aiming for 4-5 children total
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? In my past life (when I actually had time and energy to read) I enjoyed reading anything and everything - especially non-fiction or historical mysteries
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? Dd's favourite lullaby these days is 'Wheels on the Bus', but I like Twinkle, Twinkle (all three verses)
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Dd loves Eric Carle books, Goodnight Gorilla, Curious George (because they're a bit longer), Caillou and a few French series (dh is French) like Martine
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I am a SAHM, but worked as a European logistics coordinator and production planner before.
10. What kind of music do you like? Almost everything: favourites are Loreena McKennitt, Enya, Simon and Garfunkel, anything 80s
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) I love Vietnamese, Japanese, Persian and Arabic cuisines
12. What is your favorite quote? Uuuhh...can't think of any now
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I'm not afraid to take chances or do things 'outside the norm'
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? a good sugar-free diet
15. What are your hobbies? cooking, foreign languages, needlework (cross-stitch, crochet, knitting), writing letters
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Yoga, hiking, swimming
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? A home waterbirth. Since that's not going to happen, a day birth since I'll worry less about dd with quick dialation and pushing for 1 hour (so that I can put to use all that I learned in my birth prep class this time around) and no difficulties with getting breastfeeding started
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? We co-sleep
19. What kinds of pets do you have? We live in an apartment
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I had a lead foot (drove fast, got a lot of speeding tickets) when I was younger.

Single mama to a 5yo and 8yo

#26 of 36 Old 03-20-2006, 05:43 PM

1. What's your due date? April 30.

2. How old are you? 33

3. Where do you live? Brooklyn, NY. I'm sorry I put this on my profile when I first joined so I can't share my name (my first name is unusual). I don't mean to be unfriendly.

4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? I finally have one - Matrix! (Although I also gotta agree with Mary about Gene Kelly)

5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? This will be our first, and we'd like two.

6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? I have an old loyalty to Heinlein, but William Gibson and Stephenson are also tops.

7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? Hebrew lullabies like Erev Ba, Al Kol Eleh, and Eli Eli

8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? I can only speak to what my own favorites were - Blueberries for Sal, Harold & His Purple Crayon, In the Night Kitchen, The Big Snow (is that the right title?)

9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? I do data analysis at a children's research and advocacy organization. I like it a lot. After Babycakes arrives I may be a SAHM for a while, or not. I'd like my next job to be similar work at a think tank or the city comptroller's office. I have fantasies about doing space exploration at NASA.

10. What kind of music do you like? The Dead and that sort of thing, various rock & other eclectic, Broadway showtunes, and that newfangled mellow psychedelic stuff like Zero Seven and Air.

11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) Whatever's good at the farmer's market in August. Nothing beats food that has no frequent flyer miles!

12. What is your favorite quote? I'll be silly: 1) "I am Lisa Simpson," which is not really a good quote because it's all about the context; 2) There is no spoon, and 3) if I can't dance, it's not my revolution (Emma Goldman)

13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? My integrity - in general I do what I've decided to do.

14. What is your favorite beauty secret? Redken Ringlet 07 Curl Protector. And it's really a secret because people never suspect I use expensive products on my hair because I wear no makeup.

15. What are your hobbies? exercising, cooking (these count in NYC!)

16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Kayaking, hiking, swimming, inline skating. The other 50 weeks of the year I do the elliptical machine and functional strength training.

17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Labor like my mom - nothing worse than strong period cramps and go pretty fast. Also baby in perfect position, no tears, birth orgasm, walk to the recovery room and then walk home.

18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? I'd defy the laws of physics to add another room to our apt so Babycakes doesn't have to share it with dh's office, and then I'd make it a playroom with lots of toy storage. Also expand our bedroom so we'd have the space to sidecar a crib.

19. What kinds of pets do you have? None.

20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? That I work out regularly - people often don't believe me when I tell them bc I'm voluptuous.
#27 of 36 Old 03-20-2006, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Moosemommy -- your post took me back a few years -- we lived on the Eastside (Woodinville) for 6 years until we JUST COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!! That weather will kill you if you didn't grow up there, I think!! We're so happy living on the east coast now, hellish humid summers and all -- it's better than 9 mos. of rain!!!

I just remember that feeling and that need to get out of there!!!!!!
#28 of 36 Old 03-20-2006, 08:52 PM

OMG, you have no idea.... we've been here 7 years.... and it's only partly the rain... it's party the PEOPLE. DH's commute has gone from 20 min to 40 in the past two years... and property values are STUPID. They say we're the next San Fran, it's that bad.

I'm so glad to be getting out!!!!
#29 of 36 Old 03-20-2006, 10:50 PM

1. What's your due date? April 17th having a c/s on 4/5
2. How old are you?24
3. Where do you live? Ohio
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? I like Gone with the Wind and any horror movie
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? I have 2 and am baking baby number 3
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? Stephan King and trashy romance novels
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? A song my DH sang and made up for me when we were dating
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? I Love You Stinky Face for older kids and Goodnight Moon for babies
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did?I am a SAHM but dream of being a vet tech
10. What kind of music do you like?Country
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) Chocolate is my main food group and I love Italian food
12. What is your favorite quote? I'll think about it tomorrow
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? My family, thats the best part of me
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? The shower, when the kids let me!
15. What are your hobbies? I like to read and cuddle in my bed w/ dh
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Walking
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? Healthy baby boy
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? I would make it all Curious George, hes so cute
19. What kinds of pets do you have?4 dogs. Peanut, Snuffy, Bucky and Piper
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I really don't know, I am an open book...
#30 of 36 Old 03-21-2006, 10:02 AM

1. What's your due date? April 14
2. How old are you? 39
3. Where do you live? western Massachusetts
4. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Brazil
5. How many children do you have/do you want to have? This is our second child and this is it!!
6. What is/are your favorite book(s) or author(s)? Michael Chabon and Terry Tempest Williams
7. What are your favorite lullabies/ what will you sing to your baby? Neil Young and Wilco
8. What are your favorite books for babies/children? Eric Carle, especially Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See
9. What do you do for a living/what do you wish you did? nonprofit executive director
10. What kind of music do you like? Neil Young, John Hartford, I like everything!
11. What is your favorite food? (pregnant and non-pregnant) Tofu tofu tofu
12. What is your favorite quote? "If you follow every dream, you might get lost" that's from Neil Young, and DS goes around singing it all the time so it's my special favorite!
13. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I'm able to make decisions
14. What is your favorite beauty secret? ??
15. What are your hobbies? Quilting, but who has time? This baby doesn't even have a baby quilt yet
16. What is your favorite form of exercise? Walking & biking, & I'll be doing a million situps after the baby comes
17. What is your ideal birth story for this baby? I'm planning for a VBAC
18. If you were designing your dream nursery right now, what would you do? Everyone sleeps in the family bed, but DS's room is a fun, fun playroom that now houses a new baby bureau and it's bright, sunny & awesome!
19. What kinds of pets do you have? none, unbelievably... we were 3-cat family and in DS's first year they all passed unexpectedly
20. What is one random fact about you that no one could guess by looking at you? I like comic books

Marian

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page