Pregnancy Dreams - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-22-2006, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had some weird dreams since I have been pregnant. I like to interpret my dreams but they have been so weird I hate to even guess what they mean.

Last night, I had a dream that is was a warm, sunny, spring day. My husband and I was home doing a little cleaning. I stopped int he middle of what I was doing and said something doesn't feel right. He suggested I have a seat on the bed (our bed is so high that we have to have a stepping stool to get into it). So I step up and sit on the bed and as I do it looks as though I am cramping the baby, just then I feel the pain again and his foot pokes a whole from the inside to the outside of my belly. When I look down I see a very pointy toes nail and the foot of my little one. I tell my husband it is time to go to the hospital. He kindly agrees and walk me out to the truck. I get in and he gets our bags and we drive to the hospital. On the way, the foot starts to move and before I know it the baby is out of the left side of my stomach and i am holding him again my skin talking to him telling him to stay awake and moving. Whats even more strange, my husband and myself are so calm as if this is suppose to happen. I say fetus because based on pictures the baby is about 9-12 weeks. The hospital that we are having our baby at is closer to our home, but for some reason why go to another hospital. We find the emergency entrance and we calmly tell the nurse what has happened. I again began to talk to the baby to keep him awake and alert. They take the baby from me, and I stand in the middle of the floor with a hole in my side where the baby came out at. In the dream there was no blood or fluid on the baby.

A dream I had earlier in my pregnancy my husband and I was sitting in a waiting area at a doctor's office. Maybe it was a peditrician office because I heard kids crying but it wasn't abnormal. However, we kept hearing one child close to us crying. It was bothering my husband for some reason so he was talking about it. I was trying to ignore it but the child would not stop crying and I starte dto get curious as to why the child was crying. When I looked next to my husband, where they cryng was coming from, it was a woman holding the body of a child. However, the cry came from her direction but not her arms, when I looked down near her feet, there was the head of the crying child rolling around in the floor and it was crying.

These are the type of dreams that I am having. I had one glimpse of a dream of a little curly head boy sitting and smilling on our guest bed and that was the dream that confirmed my feeling of us having a little boy. Other than that I have had dreams like the ones above and they are disturbing. No dreams of cute kids running around playing or cute little babies, but weird dreams.

Is there anyone else having weird dreams?

I take the dream that I had last night to mean that the baby will come early, I may not have a vaginal birth, and I will not be down because my dream of a picture perfect natural birth did not happen. Thats the best interpretation that I can come up with.

What message do you all get from these dreams of mine or your own?
#2 of 6 Old 03-22-2006, 02:43 PM

I don't think your dream is prophetic. I think it's your subconscious mind trying to release some concerns or fears.

Do you fear the possibility of having an emergency c-section? That's what I'd assume it means -- having the baby come out earlier than he should, and from a hole in your belly rather than being born vaginally -- sounds like an emergency c-section scenario to me.

Early on I had nightmares about watching a TV show where a young girl was brutally raped with medical instruments. I was so upset by the dream that I went to my shrink and asked her about it and she asked me pointblank what my biggest fear in giving birth was and I told her without blinking: Episiotomy.

She quickly pointed out that being so incredibly vulnerable and having someone slice you with a medical instrument...sounded remarkably like my dream, eh?

I was so relieved when she pointed that out. It made total sense!

Those types of dreams are not prophetic, IMO. They are fairly straight-forward dreams where your subconscious mind is trying to let out some fear. Once I realized this and faced my fear consciously (and taked to my m/w in great detail about what all we can do to avoid an episiotomy), that type of dream disappeared.

Does that make sense? I don't mean to diminish your dream nor its meaning but it sounds like the same type of fear-based dream as I was having.

What do you think?

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#3 of 6 Old 03-22-2006, 02:52 PM

Oooh, freaky.

I agree-- sounds like fears! I had one the other day where the baby had come out, but we had to put it back in because it was too soon (I was scared about going early)... but she was hungry, so I started nursing her, and it ended up being ok (except she had teeth... not sure about that part).

Have you tried telling yourself what to dream about? Before you go to sleep, imagine your ideal birth, and see if you can get yourself to dream that! I've read that pregnacny dreams are so vivid partly because of the baby's involvement, if that makes sense... so I'd want baby to have some positive images.

I've decided that our baby is afraid to come out now, because we've been so stressed over this move and sell the house thing.... so, I've decided to stop thinking and talking about it til after the baby comes..... I'll let you know how that goes! I did cut myself off from negative thoughts last night, and finally got some good sleep with plesant and not too vivid dreams...... so maybe it's helping!
#4 of 6 Old 03-22-2006, 05:58 PM

Mikeandtoribaby, I've definitely had nights when it felt like db was trying to get out through my side - the kicking was that hard. Could it be that your baby was kicking you like that and it may have been the cause of your dream? If so, my hat's off to you for sleeping through it!
#5 of 6 Old 03-22-2006, 09:51 PM

I just drempt yesterday during a nap that my water broke. I was soo scared. My hubby called the dr. to meet us at the hospital and dr asked him to check for activity down there. Hubby said, the head is out!!!! Dr had to walk hubby thru delivery and we had a GIRL(obviously a boy in u/s). Dr called ambulance and arrived after baby was born and I was nursing happily in bed. There was no pain and we were fine. Wierd dream, but nice. No c/s and no hospital. Just a visit to hospital for a weigh in and quick check. Wish it would come true, especially the no pain part!
Dawn
#6 of 6 Old 03-23-2006, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the insight! Yes, I am fearful of having a C-Section. However, I am starting to accept the possibility so that I will not be AS upset if it happens, but that is my #1 fear. Plus, I strongly fear that he will be coming sooner than my due date, but I am kind of ok with that.

Thanks though for the insight it has helped! I will give telling myself what to dream a try.

If he was kicking hard and I slept thru it, then I was a whole lot tired then I knew. I am usually awaken every night throughout the night when he kicks. Fortunately, to me that is a good way to be awaken...at least that is how I feel now

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page