I am SO SICK of False Labor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-25-2006, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been having false labor for the past week. I've had it 3 times in the past week to be exact. Yesterday I was certain it was the real thing. I was having contractions every 3-4 mins that were getting stronger and longer. I was sick to my stomach and had BAD diarrhea (sp). All of this lasted 4.5 hours. But of course once we get all ready to leave, everything stops. I am gettting so frustrated. I am 38.5 weeks (although I think I might be further). I have my first internal exam on Monday and I am going to beg my OB to strip my membranes. I know my body is getting ready for the big event, but enough already. I am so afraid that when I am in labor I will be so used to the false labor, that I won't recognize it (I never had false labor with my boys). Thanks for listening!
Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2006, 02:57 PM

Sorry you're so frustrated

Is there anything you think you might be doing to contributing to this not turning into real labor? Like taking a hot bath or medication or stressing over something?

Someone else suggested in another thread that perhaps there's some project that needs finishing or something in the back of your mind that needs your attention before you feel that you can fully attend to giving birth?

Just some thoughts.

Sorry you're having a hard time. Trust me when I say you are NOT ALONE!

*hugs*

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
Old 03-25-2006, 05:34 PM

Hopefully your body is doing a lot of work now and you'll have a nice labor when your body decides to go for it I thought something was going on last night too, but here I sit.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:23 PM

So sorry you are feeling this way! I had three straight days of this with my second. I would start about 7pm and about 3 am the contrax would stop. But think of it in a positive light. Your body is doing something!!! Maybe you are effacing, or dilating a little. When I finally went into labor and it stayed I had a pretty quick labor.
Allison

Allison wife and mom to four. 

Old 03-26-2006, 02:34 AM

dude, I'm right there with you. but I have refused to let myself call ANYONE to tell them I am in actual labor until like the last possible moment. LOL I have people driving like 30-45 minutes or more to get to where I will be...i.e., my coach, good friend and the people that will pick up my boys. PLUS, my midwife lives like 45 minutes away from the birthing house. I live 30 min away from it myself. I have pains here and there and think this might be it. But when all else fails, I go take a shower. Usually that stops everything. So...I am just praying that God will either just let my water break *so it will be just as obvious at it can get that it's real labor* or that the contractions will get alot stronger and closer together like all the textbooks SAY they are SUPPOSED to.

hang in there. We are sooo close.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:57 AM

SugarMagnolia,

I know its hard to be patient especially when you get all excited and think its gonna happen and then it doesn't several times but I agree with the OP that this might be helping you have a quicker and easier labor....instead of 12 hours of constant pain - u might be havin little doses of it that are gonna make that 12 hours lets say less than half once u do get into real labor. The other thing is I personally wouldn't let my mw strip my membranes just because its not a natural thing...when ur body is ready everything will happen by itself. Good Luck!!! I hope labor starts soon for u - the real thing I mean!

Momma to GG (dd - 14 yrs old), Active (ds - 10 yrs old), Toon (dd - 8 years old), Olive (ds - 5 years old), Princess (dd - 4 years old) and babyboy.gif Keemo (ds - 24 days old)

Old 03-26-2006, 03:58 AM

SugarMagnolia,

I know its hard to be patient especially when you get all excited and think its gonna happen and then it doesn't several times but I agree with the OP that this might be helping you have a quicker and easier labor....instead of 12 hours of constant pain - u might be havin little doses of it that are gonna make that 12 hours lets say less than half once u do get into real labor. The other thing is I personally wouldn't let my mw strip my membranes just because its not a natural thing...when ur body is ready everything will happen by itself. Good Luck!!! I hope labor starts soon for u - the real thing I mean!

Momma to GG (dd - 14 yrs old), Active (ds - 10 yrs old), Toon (dd - 8 years old), Olive (ds - 5 years old), Princess (dd - 4 years old) and babyboy.gif Keemo (ds - 24 days old)

Old 03-29-2006, 11:54 AM

My false labor started this past weekend, and our EDD is April 12. I had something like 2 1/2 weeks of this with my DS, so I'm trying to be patient, but it really is wearying, isn't it?
Old 03-29-2006, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Agh! I have had bloody show now for almost a day. I thought it would happen last night for sure. But nope. Just a bunch of discomfort for me!
Old 03-29-2006, 12:24 PM

Ugh, I'm having about 30-40 ctrx a day and it's getting old. This has been going on for almost a week now.

It's par for the course, I'm afraid. Plug has been gone for several weeks now.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ack, I'm with you momma's. My contractions started yesterday, very very strong BX or very light contrax which ever way you want to look at it. Due April 06th. Splah, I want baby to come out and play!
Old 03-29-2006, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibekindheart
Plug has been gone for several weeks now.
Really? So that's not a sign of Imminent Action? Good to know. With DS, I lost the plug after labor became serious.

User Tag List