The Great Thing About Spring Babies Is.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-27-2006, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
... Fill in the blank!

I've always wanted a spring baby! I'm so excited to get to hold mine soon. I've already planned the Birth Day Party-- lemon cupcakes with creamcheese frosting and I really want to get white and yellow sprinkles (yes, ok, yes, the Starbucks cupcakes are my inspiration )... and champagne!

If this Babe is a girl, she will get Tea Parties and Garden Parties.... sigh....

Anyhow-- what do YOU love about Spring Babies?

#2 of 9 Old 03-27-2006, 03:33 PM

Hope you don't mind me popping in, but I have a two year old born in March, and I love spring babies. It was so nice to have a newborn as the weather warms up- being able to go for walks, picnics, etc. Plus, I really loved all the rebirth symbolism that is so prominent this time of year.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#3 of 9 Old 03-27-2006, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa
Hope you don't mind me popping in, but I have a two year old born in March, and I love spring babies. It was so nice to have a newborn as the weather warms up- being able to go for walks, picnics, etc. Plus, I really loved all the rebirth symbolism that is so prominent this time of year.
Absolutely! Me too on the symbolism.... actually, part of why I want Babe out sooner than later is I really want to have Easter Service be our first outting!!!
#4 of 9 Old 03-27-2006, 03:38 PM

hmmmm, what isn't great about having a newborn in the spring?!?

- Nursing outside in the sun, enjoying nature while DD plays in the yard
- Getting to take baby and DD to the pool everyday once it is warm enough
- Getting a "vacation" from work whe nthe weather is nice!
- Fussy babies like to be outside and you can spend lots of time outside
- Napping in the hammock in the shade together
- Spring bday parties with flowers and sunshine
- Long days to help avoid/minimize PPD sxs!

#5 of 9 Old 03-27-2006, 04:00 PM

I'm so excited that I'll get to take my babe outdoors sooner than if I'd delivered in cold weather. I can't wait for the full roster of free outdoor music and arts festivals that happen in New York in the summer - I'm finally going to get to go to them! Plus lazy days in the park by the river, walks on the promenade....I'm just so excited to introduce my child to the world during my very favorite time of year!
#6 of 9 Old 03-27-2006, 04:01 PM

[QUOTE=Black Orchid]
- Getting a "vacation" from work whe nthe weather is nice!
QUOTE]

No kidding!!! I thought I was completely lucking out getting to take my time off during a couple summer months.

Also, not from experience since this is my first, but I hear being pregnant in the hot weather is not a comfortable situation to have to deal with. I think everyone due in April skipped over all of the very hot months ; )
#7 of 9 Old 03-27-2006, 05:09 PM

Yes yes yes.

No being huge and uncomfy in the heat of summer.

Lots of sunny days for taking baby out to the park.

No need to fret over making sure baby doesn't get chilled, with extra blankets (because you KNOW at least one or two will get spit all over...) booties, hats, etc. In summer you can leave those adorable toes uncovered!

Outdoor birthday parties at the park, where it's not too hot, and not too cold either, just right for a picnic. Less for mom to clean up afterwards too!

Kathryn
#8 of 9 Old 03-27-2006, 06:20 PM

Well, if you're a super-heated pregnant mama like *I* am, it means you feel comfy and warm during the winter, and then you get all of the other advantages of a spring baby!

I am so happy that I am having a spring baby given I already have one child- I know it will do us *all* good to get outside together!

And dh likes to grill, so that will mean less cooking for me!

In case the baby is jaundiced, it will be easier to get exposure to sunlight, etc.

Hmmm, lots more I know- I'm thrilled to be having a spring (hopefully April! ) baby!

An extrovert, married to my introverted dh since '01, mothering my girls C (2003) and G (2006).

Love homeschooling, reading, cooking (most of the time grain-free except for when I'm not ), lactivist, former and wanna-be cloth diaperer and baby-wearer...

#9 of 9 Old 03-27-2006, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Getting to see and stroke all that cute soft sweet smelling baby skin all the time w/o worrying about them being cold.

Mandy

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page