oops--am I squishing it? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-27-2006, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Everytime I lie on my left side, I get little arm squiggles all squirmey at the bottom left of my lllooooww pelvis.... is baby mad at me for squishing it???

I actually slept most of last night on my right side, because when i lie on my left, I get the squirmies and soooo much pain and preassure in my butt-area that I want to cry... but on my right I sleep soooo blissfully!

Babe is firmly on the left, head waaay down, and all that good stuff.

Anyone?
#2 of 5 Old 03-27-2006, 10:48 PM

I am rarely able to sleep on my left side -- I get blood rushing in my ears and see stars nearly everytime I try to slep on my left side (and yet I wake up on my back and have none of those more typical symptoms of squishing the vena cava).

I vote listen to your body and your babe -- if sleeping on the left side results in the baby protesting, then by all means, readjust!

Sometimes when I have the pillow squished against my tum, the bean pitches a fit, so I move the pillow and she'll calm down (sometimes hehe).

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#3 of 5 Old 03-28-2006, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I think "listen to your body" is the answer to so many pg issues, dont you?
#4 of 5 Old 03-28-2006, 07:06 PM

I feel so bad - sometimes I don't notice and I lean my belly up against my desk when I'm at work. Babycakes sure lets me know when I do it! I promise I won't squish you when you come out, little one.
#5 of 5 Old 03-28-2006, 07:36 PM

I get that too - when I'm on my left side sometimes. I feel like she falls all the way over into practically my back side of my waist and isn't happy about it. Sometimes I feel that just beingin over to pick something up. We can't do damage that way can we???

Kate

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page