So, do you think this will work? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-30-2006, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been saying over and over in my head (and out loud when I am alone! LOL), kind of like a mantra, the day I want this baby to be born... Saying "My healthy baby will be born on____" (I don't wanna say the date I picked so as not to "jinx" it if it will work! LOL)... I have even been "discussing" the date with baby that it is a good date for him/her to come meet us! LOL

I just wanted to post something fun and silly! I mean, I have heard of the power of positive thinking... BUt I am thinking this is more WISHFUL thinking! Ha ha

But hey! Can't hurt, right??? :

Kerri

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
: Proud Momma to Katelyn (4-02), Calvin (4-06), and Ashley (7-08) :
#2 of 4 Old 03-31-2006, 12:46 AM

I definitely do believe in the power of positive thinking. I don't know if your baby will be born that day, but I would think the chances are high if baby is ready. A friend of mine (MDC mama indiegirl) told me about how she would every night at bedtime visualize her birth with dc#3 and communicate how it would go to her baby. Then when she actually went into labor she laid down to 'talk' to her baby like she did every night, went through the same scenario of baby moving down, etc and told her baby it was okay to break her waters. Then her waters really did break right at that moment. Seriously, I'm not making it up, you can look up her birth story on here somewhere (this was with her dd Eleanor). Hearing her talk about that made me feel like that there really is something to that unspoken bond between mother and unborn child. Kinda like I just *knew* with both my dd & this baby what sex they would be as soon as I conceived. Sure would be cool if it works for you!

Of course I'm the one in the update thread that was talking about my dream about the daffodils blooming in my yard meaning the baby would be born. There is one nice big full daffodil in the yarn right now, but no baby yet

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#3 of 4 Old 03-31-2006, 06:36 AM

I definately believe that we can create our own reality by the power of postive thoughts/intention (ans also negative ones!).

I communicate a lot with my baby, its especially good to do at night as baby can communicate back through dreams. I have used mantra a lot this pregnancy and I think the ones for helping baby into a good position have really worked.

Good luck I hope it works for you
#4 of 4 Old 03-31-2006, 11:49 AM

SOUNDS like a great idea. Wish it was working for me though. Due date is tomorrow. *sigh*

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page