Update thread April 3-10 ~*Its our month!*~ - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 103 Old 04-08-2006, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL
So, here's a weird pregnancy craving- of sorts....I have this desire/need to touch soft brushes. My cat's brush, paint brushes, scrub brushes, paint rollers, some diapers, anything that is soft with a nap to the fabric....totally weird. I could brush my teeth for a really long time. Totally weird - but I can just play and fondle these things for a really long time....
Anyone had tactile cravings??
OMG, I thought I was the only one!! I've had this every time... I love to touch soft things, especially when I'm hugely pregnant... and with my feet. : I'm so weird!

Thanks for all the compliments. All of our kids have big eyes, which is no real surprise because Mike and I both have big eyes, but the kids have come out adorable. At least, I'm madly in love with them and think that they're the most beautiful creatures ever to walk the earth. Not that I'm biased or anything. An old friend of mine was saying that she hates it when her friends with kids want to send her pictures (which was her way of saying "don't send me pictures of your kids!" as politely as she could manage ), and I said, "Yes, but *mine* are really cute." "Yeah, but you're totally biased." "No, perfect strangers tell me that they're cute, too." "Um, nobody's going to tell you to your face that your kids are butt ugly."

And that got me thinking-- if my kids *were* funny looking, would anyone tell me? Would I really not know? I don't think that I'm one of those people who thinks that all babies are cute, but when it comes to my own... well, I could potentially be oblivious, right? Maybe they're really homely, and people just tell me they're cute because I'm so enthusiastic about them. Now, when BeanBean went to NICU I didn't get to see him for 24 hours. Several nurses came to tell me that he was a beautiful, handsome little boy, and I asked, "If he was funny looking, would you tell me?" No, they said, they just wouldn't say anything about his looks if he was funny looking. "Really," one told me, "I've seen some very funny looking babies here, and you don't have to say anything about the way a child looks to his mother, you can always find something else to talk about." So maybe they really are cute, and I'm worried for nothing. Or maybe it doesn't matter, because as long as I think that they're adorable and treat them accordingly, it's all good.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#92 of 103 Old 04-08-2006, 10:44 PM

hey all! 8 days overdue today. i feel good, but really don't want to have to schedule a hospital induction (i will need to if he doesn't come in the next 6 days or so) so hoping this little guy decides to come soon. we've tried sex, walking, acupuncture, massage, spicy foods, stripping the membranes and even nipple stim. Nothing, NADA. : now i'm holding out hope that the thunderstorm we are having tonight will bring on labor (ya know, the drop in barometric pressure). i think i'm getting desperate.
#93 of 103 Old 04-08-2006, 11:41 PM

squeakermansmom - herb lore has some herbs that will start labor naturally unlike pit. I've heard good things about it from my midwife. It takes a couple days, but initiates it naturally. So, maybe you could try that a couple days before you would have to go into the hosp. www.herblore.com . I wouldn't wish pit on my worst enemy so that is why I recommend it, sounds like it would be a much better option.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#94 of 103 Old 04-09-2006, 04:50 AM

Rynna ~ Bella is GORGEOUS, all your children are thanks for sharing pics

Cathysteck ~ We have the same EDD

Only 39 weeks but I'm starting to feel overdue with all these beautiful April babies popping out!! Its strange to think I could easily have another 3weeks yet. Loads of BHs, some pretty strong and regular and baby has moved lower again I'm still hoping for an Easter babe
#95 of 103 Old 04-09-2006, 09:32 AM

Hi everybody... No news here. EDD is Friday 4/14 and have been having tons of contractions but she feels like she's solidly in there. I predict she'll be born under the full moon this week 4/13... maybe many of our babes will come then!

Just wanted to share for those of us who are thinking about Easter babies: DH and I were talking about that, Easter isn't a big thing for us but it is for some of his family members, we were talking about what it would be like if she is born on Easter.... and then I coincidentally happened to be talking to a woman who told me that her grandmother was born on Easter, her name was Esther (I think the woman was saying she was glad she was named for her OTHER grandmother when I told her we planned to name our baby after my grandmother).... anyway she said her grandmother had been born on Easter and then her birthday had NEVER fallen on Easter again until she was 80 years old! Isn't that odd? I guess the dates for both Easter and Passover fluctuate much more than other holidays, but I wouldn't have guessed 80 years! I was born on Memorial Day and I hit it pretty regularly for my birthday.

Anyway enjoy Sunday everyone and let's hear more baby stories!!
Marian
#96 of 103 Old 04-09-2006, 12:50 PM

Pesach happens at the same time most years-- on the Jewish calendar, which is lunar. (The exception would be leap year, which on the Jewish calendar entails an entire extra *month*.) Easter "moves" because it has to happen during Pesach, but it also has to happen on Sunday. Typically, a Hebrew date and an English date will coincide every 36 years (I think... something like that, anyway, I'll look it up), but Easter does not happen on the same Hebrew date every year because, as I mentioned earlier, it has to be on a Sunday. Pesach simply falls on the full moon, regardless of what day of the week that happens to be. It's the same date on the Hebrew calendar every year, though.

I'm feeling pretty relieved that Bella is home now, and I don't have to worry about the kids potentially going to church with the ILs on Easter Sunday... but that's a whole different story.

#97 of 103 Old 04-09-2006, 06:50 PM

I'm with you on the whole other story!! And I did not actually know that Pesach is always on the full moon, so I'm predicting a Pesach/full moon baby over here!

Marian
#98 of 103 Old 04-09-2006, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariank
I'm with you on the whole other story!! And I did not actually know that Pesach is always on the full moon, so I'm predicting a Pesach/full moon baby over here!

Marian
Fascinating! I'm pretty sure that *all* Jewish holidays are on either the full or the new moon, actually.

#99 of 103 Old 04-09-2006, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL
Rynna - she is gorgeous! Such big eyes!

So, here's a weird pregnancy craving- of sorts....I have this desire/need to touch soft brushes. My cat's brush, paint brushes, scrub brushes, paint rollers, some diapers, anything that is soft with a nap to the fabric....totally weird. I could brush my teeth for a really long time. Totally weird - but I can just play and fondle these things for a really long time....
Anyone had tactile cravings??
I haven't had tactile cravings, but I was eating raisins out of the box this morning, and as I was picking the fattest ones to eat, I noticed how the sun was shining on the wrinkles and I had to stare at them for like 5 minutes. It was like there was a whole world of details in the wrinkly raisins. That is super weird.
#100 of 103 Old 04-09-2006, 09:38 PM

Cool, I'm also due on the same day as Cathy and FreeSpirit. I'm starting to feel overdue too Trying to remember that she'll come when she's ready.
#101 of 103 Old 04-09-2006, 10:50 PM

Well, I'm getting frustrated with my nesting. I'm starting to have some limitations~round ligament pain (I can't seem to bend down easily anymore), and my hernia's a little more painful. Of course I realize this AFTER I've torn apart two closets and strewn them all over my clean bedroom... ~sigh~ I'm gripped with fear at the thought of going into labor (homebirth to boot) with my house like this! That's it here~nothing going on.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

P.S. I didn't actually go and throw rocks. My aggression seemed to have vanished, and it just didn't feel like it would be productive. DAGGONE IT! I was SO looking forward to that release, and yet it would not have felt the same... Someone suggested I write it all down and burn it, and that may work for now. It wouldn't have before unless I had a whole building comin' down in front of me... LOL!
#102 of 103 Old 04-10-2006, 04:16 AM

BTW~I feel like I haven't seen our WittyOne... How's it goin'? (((((HUGS))))) sandi
#103 of 103 Old 04-10-2006, 01:10 PM

I'm still here It's Monday so I made a new update thread - here's the link
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...08#post4915508

Jessica, CNM placenta.gif+ DH geek.gif + sweet boy (4/06) jog.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page