Back from the hospital again :( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-14-2006, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unfortunately on Tuesday, an internal stitch popped open and I had to be brought right back into surgery. I am back home now but have to have my blood pressure monitored since it shot up to 205/110 and is now hanging out in the 160's/90's. Reece and I are working hard on getting nursing re-established. He is such a good baby and really prefers his mamas milk, but is really confused on how to get it out. My supply is no where near as plentiful as it was with Sean, but he has been on the breast only for the past 16 hours. I am sore all over, but trying to focus on getting my milk up. I am also on heavy duty antibiotics now. I am eating yogurt and am starting my acidophilus today. Any other hints on how to keep the yeasties away?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2006, 03:51 PM

I'm so sorry! It's completely unfair to get off to such a rough start. I'm not an expert on the yeast stuff but my best friend has battled this issue and she follows a really strict diet. I believe she's cut out refined sugars as much as she can (fruit is fine) - basically has to stay away from processed food (I know she makes her own bread). She also does the acidophilus pills too. Sorry I can't be of more help. Try posting in the health & nutrition boards. I know my friend got her answers there.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:57 PM

(((((Heather)))))
Old 04-14-2006, 04:16 PM

s Heather, I'm so sorry to hear you had to go back in. Great job on the bfing Reece & Mama, your supply will increase now you are back together.

As for the yeasties sounds like you are doing all the right things, definately try to stay away from refined sugar and processed foods too.

User Tag List