Mothering Forum banner

Jonah Leo Nathaniel is earthside FAST homebirth, big boy!

2K views 25 replies 23 participants last post by  FreeSpiritMama 
#1 ·
We welcomed Jonah into the world April 29th at 4.55pm, 2hrs after contractions started! His birth was so fast and intense I'm still trying to process everthing, we didn't make it in the pool and MW only just arrived. He was born in the bathroom with me in a high squat over the toilet. Not quite the serene water birth I had imagined

After 41w6ds inside Jonah weighed in at 11lbs, a perfect term baby not looking at all 'overdue' He latched on minutes after birth and is a champion little nurser

Update more later
Carrie xx

See less See more
#19 ·
Congrats!!!
Sounds very similar to my homebirth experience (2.5 hrs total of labor, 1.5 of realizing it was IT, almost born into the toilet!). I understand about needing time to 'process' the birth...frankly, over 2 weeks later and I still can't completely believe it
Make sure to write out all the details now if you can, since a fast birth is so overwhelming and tends to make you not really remember much.

You are an amazing mama! Welcome to your big healthy baby boy!

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by celestialdrmrmama
Congrats!!!
Sounds very similar to my homebirth experience (2.5 hrs total of labor, 1.5 of realizing it was IT, almost born into the toilet!). I understand about needing time to 'process' the birth...frankly, over 2 weeks later and I still can't completely believe it
Make sure to write out all the details now if you can, since a fast birth is so overwhelming and tends to make you not really remember much.

You are an amazing mama! Welcome to your big healthy baby boy!
Becca I was thinking of your birth after Jonah was born, I'm definately still in shock!

#22 ·
I KNEW WE'D HAVE OUR BABIES ON THE SAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is gorgeous lady!!!! Happy birthday Jonah!!!

To our psychic twin babies

~Carley, finally NAK

#25 ·
Wow! Congrats! You beat me! Brady was only 10 14.9
Good job momma!!! Sorry you didnt get your water birth either! Brady and Daddy and I are going to go to the birth center and have a water blessing in the tub to make up for it-- can you do that? Might help round things out for you!

XOXOXOX

#26 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by moosemommy
Wow! Congrats! You beat me! Brady was only 10 14.9
Good job momma!!! Sorry you didnt get your water birth either! Brady and Daddy and I are going to go to the birth center and have a water blessing in the tub to make up for it-- can you do that? Might help round things out for you!

XOXOXOX
What a beautiful idea
I'd love to hear all about your water blessing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.