Norah Kathryn - Welcome to the World! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-05-2006, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey gals, sorry I didn't post this sooner!

Norah Kathryn (surprise, it's a girl!!!) was born on April 25th, twelve days after her due date. She was born at 10:53am, weighing in at 9 pounds 9 ounces and 21 inches long, with a head circumference of 14 inches!

I was in the hospital for just over two hours, but went from 5cms to 8+cms in about five minutes of hands & knees in the big tub. She started posterior, but somehow came out the right way--mw and DH were laughing at her, because every time I pushed, she turned her head back and forth, trying to find the way, LOL! I only pushed for eighteen minutes! Oh, and she came out with her right fist at her cheek, silly girl.

She had a bit of a scare with thick meconium (NICU was called, but they left right away because she was doing so well), and I had a scare with hemmorage (lost 600 ccs of blood), but we are both just fine! She lost over a pound in the first four days (and pooped 14 times), but then turned it around and gained 11.5 ounces in the next four days--GO MAMAMILK!

Big sis is getting used to being a big sis, and adores her baby sister. DH is home for two more days, then has to go back to work, so Monday will be a challenge.

Congrats to all the other new mamas!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-05-2006, 09:06 PM

:

Beautiful name!!
#3 of 4 Old 05-05-2006, 11:31 PM

Congratulations!
#4 of 4 Old 05-06-2006, 12:39 AM

YAY dear Norah! *WELCOME!* (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page