grr. dont read this if you are your pre-preg size again already - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 05-23-2006, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

so hard having other friends who had babies at the same time. not only did my one friend get a vaginal birth without drugs, she is aparently already fitting in her same size.

I could just cry.
#2 of 26 Old 05-23-2006, 08:43 PM

whenever i complain about the post pardom belly everyone says, "give it time". well i know that!!!............ but it doesnt mean i dont wake up frustrated everyday because i cant find anything to wear. i hate having to wear maternity clothes still!! i am loosing weight and all but the skin is still hanging!!!!

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
#3 of 26 Old 05-23-2006, 08:50 PM

Aww, ((hugs)) mama. It is hard to see how quickly some ladies drop it off and how others of us just keep it on. My grandma used to always tell me not to worry, that since I was breastfeeding I'd be back down to my pre-pregnancy size in no time. That wasn't my experience either.
#4 of 26 Old 05-23-2006, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayathomemommy
i am loosing weight and all but the skin is still hanging!!!!
Gotta love that deflated balloon look that the belly's got going on these days

Jessica, CNM placenta.gif+ DH geek.gif + sweet boy (4/06) jog.gif
#5 of 26 Old 05-23-2006, 11:41 PM

my 8 yr old brother asked if i was an innie or an outie and i said neither anymore and he wanted to see and i showed him my stomach and he physically jumped back, shuddered and said ew. now really, it isnt THAT bad!:
#6 of 26 Old 05-23-2006, 11:50 PM

Ah, am I glad I'm not the only one. Of course, me gaining about 65 lbs is not helping, is now? I really kinda treated eating and gaining weight during pg as a sport. Now, getting rid of the fat, not such fun. Ds#2 is now 7 weeks old and I can just barely fit into my fattest fat pants, but don't you dare lift that shirt and look! Ewww.

Hang in there! Somehow, don't ask me how, even though I gained 50 lbs with ds#1, I somehow lost it before getting pregnant again and starting all over.

And as pp said, just because I know it will get better....someday.... doesn't make it any easier or more fun that I have to wear the same two pairs of pants and the same three shirts all the time. I'm one of those people who simply refuses to wear maternity clothes after the babe gets here (well, after a week or two anyway).

#7 of 26 Old 05-24-2006, 12:00 AM

Okay... I will admit, I am at my pre-preggy WEIGHT... But I DID lose 20 pounds during my pregnancy due to being so sick... But I still can't fit into my pre-preggy clothes... HOW IS THAT???? I still have that flabby "jelly belly"... And being that I am only 3 weeks PP, I am not supposed to be exercising or anything yet due to having some stitches and being sore from them... It is SO annoying that I am back at my pre-preggy weight but can't wear anything! My pre-preggy clothes are too small, but the maternity clothes are too big! : How freaking annoying is THAT???????????? : : :

Kerri

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
: Proud Momma to Katelyn (4-02), Calvin (4-06), and Ashley (7-08) :
#8 of 26 Old 05-24-2006, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Same boat here gals! I was able to buy a pair of kahki capri at a yard sale that fit the week after. Now I am having to pin them..so the weight and flab is coming off.

I plan on going back to my WW meetings soon, need the encouragement.

good luck to all...we can do it!!

sandra
#9 of 26 Old 05-24-2006, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

i mean, i lost 25 lbs right away, but ds WAS 11 lbs....

sigh.

i'm eating so well, too-- to make sure he gains... and still not doing more than walking.... i can not WAIT to get back to yoga!!!

#10 of 26 Old 05-24-2006, 04:35 PM

I understand about my belly, but how did my ass and thighs get so big?! I can't even fit into my early pg clothes. It is maternity clothes all the way over here. between the fat and the strectch marks, I am loooving that it's about to be summer - not only do I get to show off my bod but I'll have to buy a third wardrobe to do it in, too!
#11 of 26 Old 05-24-2006, 08:49 PM

pfft. I'm still too fat for some of my maternity clothes!
#12 of 26 Old 05-24-2006, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemommy

so hard having other friends who had babies at the same time. not only did my one friend get a vaginal birth without drugs, she is aparently already fitting in her same size.

I could just cry.
Well I thought as time went by, I would look less pregnant......well....DD is now......ummmmmmmmmmmm 6.........YEARS OLD!!!!!

I hope this makes you laugh

My RLF is due any day (acutally thinks tonight might be the night whoo hoo lol)...anyway....she looks FABULOUS...even better than I look and I am not PG LOL....I know she will have little DS and look AWESOME the next day...sigh....

Just wanted to let you know mamas that you are ALL beautiful and be proud of those baby making bodies
#13 of 26 Old 05-25-2006, 03:05 PM

Don't feel bad-- I've actually gained weight since Bella was born. How's that for humiliating?

I'd feel miserable and depressed about being a fatass, but this morning I woke up and my teeth hurt, so I feel better; in another week or two, I won't be able to eat at all and I'll start losing again.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#14 of 26 Old 05-25-2006, 05:31 PM

I'm not the same size... I'm 15 lb lighter (ducking the rocks y'all are throwing). But I still have a squishy belly that lies next to me in the bed like a little pet. But my arms and legs and booty are trimmer. My boobs are just terrifying. Seriously.

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
#15 of 26 Old 05-25-2006, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfamilygal
But I still have a squishy belly that lies next to me in the bed like a little pet.
:

Jessica, CNM placenta.gif+ DH geek.gif + sweet boy (4/06) jog.gif
#16 of 26 Old 05-26-2006, 08:51 PM

Gained 37, have another 15 to lose.

Last time I did it in about 12 weeks, this time I'm giving myself 20 It will happen though eventually, but I have to really work at it, even bf a lot-- I don't drop just by magic-- I've started regular cardio/strength training workouts and cutting out starch except for once a week.
#17 of 26 Old 05-28-2006, 11:11 PM

Gained 33, still have ~10 to go. My belly doesn't look too terribly flabby, I'll admit, but it's bizarre that I still have that linea negra and it's a lot more visible than it was when I was pg?!? That's just...weird.

My MW said it stays on some women until they stop BFing. *shrug* I don't care -- it's funny -- I really don't care how I look right now (but by golly, the baby's clothes coordinate haha), but it does bug the heck out of me that I have no pants that fit. The low-waist pants I wore while pg are too big, and the maternity ones are a joke, yet my pre-pg pants are still too small. Kohls has some nice linen drawstring ones, as does Target. Had to buy some larger button-up tops too since most of my summer shirts are too tight, and my maternity ones are all made of material that shows the bra pads. So they're fine for around the house but not for out in public.

FWIW I think a good 5 pounds is in my boobs and one of my books had said that by now they should've deflated a bit ("more efficient" milk production means they aren't as swollen, but mine are still ginormous).

And speaking of, I thought BFing made you lose the weight faster? Hasn't had much of an effect here thus far. Hrmm...

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#18 of 26 Old 05-29-2006, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighten
And speaking of, I thought BFing made you lose the weight faster? Hasn't had much of an effect here thus far. Hrmm...
I keep hearing this, but it's never been true for me.

#19 of 26 Old 05-29-2006, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I really don't care how I look right now (but by golly, the baby's clothes coordinate haha), but it does bug the heck out of me that I have no pants that fit.
No kidding!! I just found these wicked pants that I am living in. I think I'm going to go buy another pair since they are so comfy and with the drawstring adjustable too.

With my other 2 DC I lost the weight right quick. This time I gained 38 or so pounds and have another 18 to go - but I've been stuck at that 18 to go for a month now. GAaaaaaaah! Nothing nothing nothing fits and these boobs are SCARY!!
#20 of 26 Old 05-30-2006, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pique
No kidding!! I just found these wicked pants that I am living in. I think I'm going to go buy another pair since they are so comfy and with the drawstring adjustable too.

With my other 2 DC I lost the weight right quick. This time I gained 38 or so pounds and have another 18 to go - but I've been stuck at that 18 to go for a month now. GAaaaaaaah! Nothing nothing nothing fits and these boobs are SCARY!!
Holly moley I love you!

Ordered a pair in khaki and a pair of blue jeans. Thanks for the link!!!

Oh, btw, I think it'll be easier to lose the weight if I stop eating poptarts at 4:00am.... *blush* but they're not as noisy as a granola bar...

And I think it'll be hard to lose the weight since I'm still eating meat, but Winnie totally can't take any soy in my diet, so I figure I'll keep eating meat until she's okay with me going back to being a vegetarian.

You know honestly though I am kind of proud of my not-so-skinnyness. I carried a healthy baby and that sacrifice still shows.

So we should all be proud! (Yeah, I know -- I want to be skinny again too, but I keep telling myself that for now it's a badge of honor....)

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#21 of 26 Old 06-01-2006, 02:43 AM

in from the may ddc as my baby was actually an april baby...
i'm at 6 weeks pp and the belly and boobs are out of control even though my weight is below pp ( i was sick the whole 9 months...).

does anyone know when the boobs are suppose to deflate some?
i went shirt shopping tonight and was having trouble getting anything to close over these bad boys...

i have friends that just shrink when they nurse, breasts and all - i just haven't expereinced that myself. i keep saying i just want to nurse until i'm an A cup...!
#22 of 26 Old 06-02-2006, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPaige
i have friends that just shrink when they nurse, breasts and all - i just haven't expereinced that myself. i keep saying i just want to nurse until i'm an A cup...!
In my experience, with only one nursling the deflation happens between 5 and 8 months. While I was tandem nursing, it happened a lot more quickly; like around 3 months.

For a change, though, I *want* my boobs to be huge. It draws attention away from the tragedy that is my stomach.

#23 of 26 Old 06-02-2006, 07:02 PM

that's all I have to say. Drawstrings are my friend.
#24 of 26 Old 06-03-2006, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
In my experience, with only one nursling the deflation happens between 5 and 8 months.
: I found that mine deflated some around 6 months with ds1. I was finally able to wear the not-so-giant nursing bras .

Mine are currently quite enormous, and I'm trying very hard to enjoy that view. They'll be rather sad and flat when it's all over. Now that my shirts look funny with these suckers.... So, heads up! Try to luuurve them
#25 of 26 Old 06-03-2006, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Gained 33, still have ~10 to go. My belly doesn't look too terribly flabby, I'll admit, but it's bizarre that I still have that linea negra and it's a lot more visible than it was when I was pg?!? That's just...weird.
I have to lose about 20 pounds. But I could probably lose more than that, if you know what I mean.

And yeah! I have the linea negra showing up very badly, worse than when I was pregnant. The stomach is getting in shape, although a bit saggy. But the skin looks like chicken skin, you know what I mean?

And I have stretch mark on the front of my thighs and back of my hips... none on my belly. How odd. :
#26 of 26 Old 06-25-2006, 12:43 PM

I was one of the lucky ones with myfirst child. I just bounced right back. But now, my three year old can run up to me when I am sitting, pull my shirt up, and grab that lovely little roll and go "squish squish" Nice huh? And oh, my youngest is 1.......*sigh*

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page