visiting from May 06 baby board. I'm 40.5 wks pg, 70% effaced, cervix is very far anterior, 2.5 cm dilated, lost part of my mucus plug...and am not having any other signs of labor.
I've tried castor oil 4 x (nothing. not even pooping), acupuncture twice, EPO, RRL tea, lots of sex w/dh, lots and lots of walking.
I am considering inducing within the next two days and would like to hear from those of you who have experience with inductions. Pls. dont flame me for my decision--its been a tough one to make.
My immediate option is cervadil followed by pit if needed. I'd like to turn the pit off once contractions start so I can be mobile and work with my doula. Is this possible or will I have to be hooked to an IV?
Really looking forward to hearing from you.
41 yr. old : Mom to MW (5/20/06) and RM (02/05/2011), m/c at 5w6d (9/07/09)