early symptoms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 08-31-2005, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So how is everyone feeling?

I had strong symptoms around the time of implantation. They were intense. I knew I was pregnant when I could smell the milk in the fridge, through the plastic bottle and through the fridge door! THey went away, and have slowly been coming back. Mild nausea here and there, tiredness that hits me once and a while and then I feel normal again, achy uterus - and nipple pain.

I am also feeling slightly out of sorts. I remember feeling this way with DS. It wasn't a big deal. I just became a little more quiet, hoping that by withdrawing a bit I could shield DH from my continuous crankiness. THis is, of course, not going to work while staying home with a toddler! I am finding my fuse to be a little bit shorter than usual. I also just want to "stay within myself" and think about the baby. Those feelings are getting better now that I have been positive about being pregnant for almost a week.

so how are you feeling? grumpy?

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#2 of 30 Old 08-31-2005, 03:39 PM

Well, let's see, I am sooooooooooooo tired!!! Just wiped out exhausted. Of course I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that I have 7 kids here 5 and under!! My boobs hurt a little bit, I do get some nausea throughout the day, but nothing bad, and of course peeing every 5 minutes!!!! I'm actually not too cranky, yet!!

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#3 of 30 Old 08-31-2005, 04:20 PM

Well, I'm glad cranky is normal. I don't remember feeling cranky at all w/DS, but I am really cranky now. I think I just feel overwhelmed (with some reason). I'm having trouble adjusting my expectations of myself - you mean I can't run around like a chicken with my head cut off all day and then stay up late with a toddler who took a late nap and stay cheerful and serene and not resent my sleeping husband? :LOL

Okay. Time to come back down to planet earth!

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#4 of 30 Old 08-31-2005, 04:22 PM

I am having a lot of symptoms and it is throwing me for a loop. I just got a +HPT two days ago at an extremely early date (8DPO). That only puts me at 10dpo right now, it seems way too early for symptoms. I think my ovulation date is pretty accurate as well.

Today I woke up nauseated, and with hot flashes. I had smell aversions. I have had frequent urination and cramps for four days now. Those symptoms are all unusual for me in my usual cycle.

I wonder if the symptoms become more intense with each successive pregnancy? Does anyone have a feeling on this issue? I do remember having symptoms earlier with #2 than with #1, and now with #3 it is way earlier than with #2.

But anyway in this situation, it just seems way to early to be feeling anything, and having a positive test as well. Don't know what is going on.......

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#5 of 30 Old 08-31-2005, 05:55 PM

I dunno ND twins maybe? I have heard that an early pos and more intense symptoms early on can mean multiples.

Sorry, not trying to scare ya! Could just be a very early implantation, thus an earlier bfp and earlier symtoms...

I'm not having *a lot* of symptoms. I guess I *am* pretty tired; I keep falling asleep in the afternoons getting my little one to sleep, then I doze on the couch before bed :LOL

Occasional nausea, but mainly just nothing sounds good to eat. I'm normally a huge chocoholic and chocolate just sounds...gross! I think I'm peeing more than normal, but not loads or anything. Heartburn too.

So that's about it...not a huge amount, but enough to ease my mind when I start wondering if something's wrong

C ~ mama to (16), (13), (9) (5)

#6 of 30 Old 08-31-2005, 06:43 PM

Oh man Maybebaby (Putting hands over ears and saying "Lalalalalalala") :LOL

#7 of 30 Old 08-31-2005, 09:22 PM

I'm feeling a few symptoms here... mostly I can just feel that there's activity in my uterus, it's tender. Also, I can already feel my ligaments stretching... maybe because I exercise regularly? I did all my usual reps this morning but I might have to quit the machines that do my abs until after baby. Last pg I kept doing them until 12 weeks.

I got nauseous pumping gas today. :Puke But thankfully it passed quickly. Mostly I'm hungry!
#8 of 30 Old 08-31-2005, 10:03 PM

Not too much yet.

I remember being ravishingly hungry by now with DD. Not so much this time. Although I did eat red meat for the first time in almost 20 years tonight! My mom made a potroast while DD and I were visiting. The smell of it cooking was SO good...next thing I knew I was gobbling some up (and going back for more ).

What else?

I have my usual early pregnancy diarrhea (how's that for TMI ) so I know my hormones are kicking in.

Slight nipple tenderness during nursing but not too bad.

Other than that....just

~Erin
#9 of 30 Old 08-31-2005, 11:04 PM

seriuosly grumpy from about two days after conception until positive test,much less now.just tired and bloody hungry all the time!!!!!!
oh yes and that heavy feeling in my uterus,lovely!! :LOL
I am hoping the nausea isn't too bad this time,with my first it was awful and with my 2nd i was only sick three times

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
#10 of 30 Old 08-31-2005, 11:15 PM

I have my usual early pregnancy diarrhea (how's that for TMI ) so I know my hormones are kicking in.

Weird, usually I'm so constipated, but this time I have been having more diarrhea. I didn't know that could be a symptom!!

It does make me feel weird that I'm not feeling more yet, I hope that's not a bad sign...

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#11 of 30 Old 09-01-2005, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

oh I didn't realize that diarrhea was a symptom! Add me to the loose stool list!

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#12 of 30 Old 09-01-2005, 11:26 PM

Yeah, add me too :

ND

#13 of 30 Old 09-02-2005, 12:38 AM

Horrible nausea, sore boobs, heartburn, diarhea, tired... I hope it's a good sign! I am SO EXCITED!!!!
#14 of 30 Old 09-02-2005, 08:59 AM

Quote:
I have heard that an early pos and more intense symptoms early on can mean multiples.
is that a fact? WOW, I feel like I am sick since the day of implantation....
I would love to have twins, my husband has been praying for that...
I dunno, though, I have been sick a lot with 2 of my other pregnancies. When I lost the baby in March, I puked 1 time and that was it. This time, I am SO much sicker, so I am hoping that it's a good sign.
#15 of 30 Old 09-02-2005, 01:15 PM

Sore boobs, backache, grumpy, and the symptom that finally made me test-- Acne. I haven't had acne like this since I was 12 ( you-know-the kind dermatologists like to prescribe antibiotics for), Luckily it seems to be passing. Talk about embarrassing. Oh, and interestingly enough I got what I would have sworn to be ovulation pain on right side ( 3 days before (+) hpt). Anyone ever hear of lunaception - or the concept of a women possibly ovulating twice in a month in response to the position of the moon on the day of her birth?

Wishing everyone a great day!!
#16 of 30 Old 09-02-2005, 11:04 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was just talking about this on another thread :LOL but some things I left out: Sleeeeepy :yawning: , sore boobies, you wanna talk about cranky? I'm gearin up for the ring :LOL. I'm still doing pretty good though.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#17 of 30 Old 09-03-2005, 11:07 AM

oh, yeah, sleepy... I go to bed WAY earler than I used to , last night I fell asleep at 8... before my kids did.... :LOL
#18 of 30 Old 09-03-2005, 05:25 PM

I just found out today - but I had my suspicions early. I am: HUNGRY!, boobs starting to get sore, light headed, tired, and bouts of extreme crankiness. Oh, and both excited and nervous at the same time. (This is our fourth baby. Our kids are 5 1/2, 4, 21 months, and we are raising my 17 year old dn.)

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#19 of 30 Old 09-03-2005, 06:54 PM

Whew Max! Congrats! I think so far you're the most advanced multipara pg mama on the May birth club so far. I'm preggers with #3 myself.
#20 of 30 Old 09-03-2005, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybusymomma
Whew Max! Congrats! I think so far you're the most advanced multipara pg mama on the May birth club so far. I'm preggers with #3 myself.
Thank you. I am in awe myself!

#21 of 30 Old 09-05-2005, 02:30 AM

my boobs are SO SORE. and they are already filling out my bra more. i am not real excited about that b/c if they are already showing bigger this early how huge will they be by the time this is all over?
i've been having round ligament pain since week 3 and i have such a hard time with paranoia about it being an ectopic every time the round ligament pain stays one side for more than 15 minutes. i just have to keep telling myself that its not ectopic and i always end up with pain on all sides eventually which calms me down.
just started feeling exhaustion the last couple days and it has been hard for me to accept that it is really b/c im pregnant and not just laziness. its just hard to believe that such a tiny human could cause such change in my body.
i have still managed to exercise though...its just more of a struggle.
i've had a little confused emotions or blues i guess you could call them but i've fought off the blues with rationality, prayer and a sweet husband.
in the 3rd and 4th week i had a lot of vagina spasms.
oh and i am starving almost all the time. some days not but most days im hungry every hour.
#22 of 30 Old 09-05-2005, 02:34 AM

oh yeah...how could i forget?!!!
im having constant indigestion and it sucks!
also peeing all the time!
anyone know any natural indigestion cures?
#23 of 30 Old 09-05-2005, 02:42 AM

im also having terrible acne, and vivid crazy dreams.

oh and i cried watching some stupid thing on oprah!
#24 of 30 Old 09-05-2005, 08:54 AM

Tired, tired, tired. OMG I cant get anything done. Knew I was pregnant way before the test. Starving!! sore breast, tired and somehow just knew. Im scared to death of having twins and figure that is just my luck with 4kiddos already. My mate has twin brothers and I was a twin(died 3 days after birth). I read some stats yesterday that older women with children are more likely to have twins.

I think I am officially the oldest on here with the most kids.
#25 of 30 Old 09-05-2005, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel~3jumpin beans
Tired, tired, tired. OMG I cant get anything done. Knew I was pregnant way before the test. Starving!! sore breast, tired and somehow just knew. Im scared to death of having twins and figure that is just my luck with 4kiddos already. My mate has twin brothers and I was a twin(died 3 days after birth). I read some stats yesterday that older women with children are more likely to have twins.

I think I am officially the oldest on here with the most kids.
Hi Mel - we have a lot in common. I am also terrified of having twins! One more will fit nicely, but the thought of two . (Although they are not as prevalent in my family as yours.) And I am tied w/you w/4 kids and being older (I'm 36).

#26 of 30 Old 09-05-2005, 10:52 AM

The statistics are there thats for sure. Are you having any testing done??? since we are so old(LOL)!! I thought there used to be another board for either large families or older mamas but cant seem to find it now.

Let me know if you know of any!

Mel
#27 of 30 Old 09-05-2005, 04:36 PM

Hi Mamas, this thread has grown. I am having that terrible down for the count fatigue and today booted for the first time. Here we gooooooo.

I am 35 with this pregnancy and also wonder how many of us "advanced maternal age" :LOL Mamas are here.

#28 of 30 Old 09-05-2005, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Dingo

I am 35 with this pregnancy and also wonder how many of us "advanced maternal age" :LOL Mamas are here.
I'm 36.

#29 of 30 Old 09-05-2005, 06:21 PM

COUNT ME IN AT 39!

So far it looks like us 3 over 35.
#30 of 30 Old 09-05-2005, 06:23 PM

I would have answered sooner but I cant seem to stay awake that long. I have napped everyday for the last 3 days.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page