Anyone else already thinking about names? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 73 Old 09-28-2005, 01:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No decisions yet, but we've talked. I don't think dh will be willing to get serious on anything until I start to really show, or he starts to feel like it's truly happening. (I still hear him say. . . "when you're pg, we'll do . . ." and I say - what do you mean, WHEN? :LOL It's obviously just not real to him yet.)

But anyway, we've always liked Rowan, but with our last name (Orr) it just doesn't work. He likes Mireille, I like Helene (my g-ma's name), but I'm worried about Helene as a first name when it comes to initials: H O, or H Orr. DH says don't worry, and maybe I'm too consciuos about it, but we've got time to decide, I say. (anyway, Mireille Helene O is OHM backwards, which I also like. :LOL )
For a boy, we like Teevan Aidan (I love the initials TAO), but again, no decisions have yet been made!

You gals have such great ideas!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 73 Old 09-28-2005, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Guinevere, Where in New Mexico are you? I grew up in Farmington and went to college at NMSU. I miss green chile!!
*waves to Stacy* Hi there! We've lived in Albuquerque for the past two and half years (really like it here), but before that, we lived in Deming, NM for four years. I had baby #2 in El Paso and #3 in Las Cruces! And green chile is its own food group, isn't it? I'm very, very fond of it myself! One of my closest girlfriends here is from Farmington, too!

I'm actually a NM transplant, though -- grew up in Pennsylvania, so I'm a looooong way from home these days! :LOL

Guin

caffix.giftoddler.gifnocirc.gifBusy, grateful mama to: Kieran (12); Hanna (10); Cameron (8);
Charlotte (6);Sophie (5) Down Syndrome & so beautiful! brokenheart.gif(9/08), & rainbow1284.gifDuncan 8/26/09
#63 of 73 Old 09-28-2005, 11:18 AM

We've been thinking for quite a while

stella jane
maggie (Margaret)
eli (elijah)

I don't really like the name Margaret, but I want her to be able to have amore formal sounding name when she is older. I would like the middle name to be a family name, possibly Louise.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make Olga sound nice for a middle name that would be great. It is my dear, dear grandmother's name. My son has my grandfather's name as his middle name.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#64 of 73 Old 09-28-2005, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo
If anyone has any ideas on how to make Olga sound nice for a middle name that would be great. It is my dear, dear grandmother's name. My son has my grandfather's name as his middle name.
I have a friend named Olga (she's originally from Russia) and somehow she manages to make the name cute, just because she's a cute person and it seems to suit her. Particularly as a middle name, I don't think you need to worry as much about it being "stodgy" or whatever.

I love the name Eli by the way!
#65 of 73 Old 09-28-2005, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eorr
I like Helene (my g-ma's name), but I'm worried about Helene as a first name when it comes to initials: H O, or H Orr. DH says don't worry, and maybe I'm too consciuos about it, but we've got time to decide, I say. (anyway, Mireille Helene O is OHM backwards, which I also like. :LOL )
For a boy, we like Teevan Aidan (I love the initials TAO), but again, no decisions have yet been made!!
Too funny - I am SO into what your inititals spell. LOL. I wanted to name DD Ellerie Elizabeth but with our last name it would be EEL. Not cool.

I also like the name Olga. I just think it's a pretty girl name. I knew twins in high school - Ester and Olga and they were SO beautiful, so as a result I like both of those names.
#66 of 73 Old 09-29-2005, 02:54 PM

We are already thinking about this, but are totally STUMPED!!!
The first letter of our kids names spell out our last name!! The last 2 letters we have left are O and N. For a girl we have Naomi Mercy and are really stuck with that. But we need an O boy name!! And we are totally LOST on this one. I could use help, and please no suggestions on Olaf, that is in all the name books! And the middle name for the boy will be Chasid (it means grace and mercy in Hebrew).
#67 of 73 Old 09-29-2005, 02:56 PM

i really like Stella, but it might be because I like the actress on CSI-NY with that name, hehe
#68 of 73 Old 09-29-2005, 03:17 PM

O boys names that I think are okay...

Oliver
Oscar (old-fashioned, but could be cute)
Orion
Olan
Oren (a Hebrew name...I think this actually goes very nicely with Chasid)
Orlando
Owen
#69 of 73 Old 09-29-2005, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCVeg

Oliver
Orion
Olan
Orlando
Owen
If you spell it Orin or Orrin, it's a Celtic name, too. So he'd be comfy in Ireland and Israel!
#70 of 73 Old 09-29-2005, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowenta
i really like Stella, but it might be because I like the actress on CSI-NY with that name, hehe
Hee hee...I love both Mariska (pronounced Marish-ka) and Olivia, and I think it's because I'm a huge fan of Mariska Hargitay (and her character, Olivia Benson) on Law and Order: SVU. However, my niece is named Marisa, so Mariska is out. And Olivia is just too darn trendy these days--plus my parents' dog is named Oliver, so it seems a little too close.

Stella is really cute!
#71 of 73 Old 09-29-2005, 05:34 PM

I like Olivier but DH used his veto power on that one. Stella is super cute too, as is Estella. Oren is another old favorite of mine. I think we've picked our names here but I don't want to tell them because I'll probably flip-flop on them!
#72 of 73 Old 09-29-2005, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCVeg

Oliver
Orion
Olan
Orlando
Owen
I like Oliver and Oren/Orin/Orrin!
#73 of 73 Old 09-30-2005, 08:21 AM

I really like the names you guys are coming up with! WOW
So far we like Arcelia for a girl, we will need a middle name that starts with an M, but is not too long as we have a really long last name
If we have a boy we like Gabriel and a middle name with a J
The middle name thing is an old family tradition, females take the initial of moms middle name and boys of dad
our DD is Kathleen Monet as I am a Kelly Mae ( the K thing is just coinsidence)
I really like Orin Chasid and Mariska wow!
I like creative original names, BUT DH likes traditional, not far out there names ( I was a Kelly, he was a Santino I had a simple maidin name, he has a name no one can say- that may have something to do with it)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page