How are you feeling today? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 102 Old 09-27-2005, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere
Anyone else due towards the end of the month that's still with me in the early throes of pg yuck?
Me...I'm 5 weeks too.....we can have symptoms together
#62 of 102 Old 09-27-2005, 04:41 PM

Me too! I am very slightly nauseous, but know it will get worse before it gets better. I liken m/s to feeling car sick all day.

ETA: I'm almost six weeks along.

Michelle - Mom to 3 very wonderful and very active boys   
#63 of 102 Old 09-27-2005, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mwa-ha-ha, the 'How Are You Feeling Today?' thread lives on! :LOL NurseLaurie, I'm so sorry you had such an awful day mama. All us ATLiens aren't so cold. Being born and raised here I have watched the A go through a lot of changes, most of what I don't like, and the rudeness that now abounds always stuns me. I often complain to DH about how agressive this city has gotten and how it wasn't like this when I was growin' up. Native Atlantans tend to be more genteel and such. DH and I talk about leaving we get so fed up sometimes. But that other part of me has so many roots here, this is my home. I know, crazy. to you too sydnee. Get it out out, good! I still feel but not as awful as these last few weeks has been, especially yesterday. You guys, I started crying b/c I couldn't eat I was so nauseas, had to leave for work in like 20 minutes, hadn't combed my hair or gotten clothes ready and I was still in bed, could not get up. DH helped me pull it together, made me some toast and ginger tea, got my clothes ready, made me laugh. I barely made it through work but at least I got there. I decided to try not taking my prenatal and I think that helped. I am one sick mama. I feel very greatful for my little baby, just in the midst of the sickies. I'm 9 weeks, 1 day today. Come on 2nd trimester.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#64 of 102 Old 09-27-2005, 09:47 PM

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I almost wish I was more quesy, just so I could tell myself that this is a good, strong pregnancy. I was super sick from 6 weeks through 15 weeks last time and I don't feel sick at all this time. Just tired and really hungry. And impatient and crabby, but I'm working at keeping that under control. Or at least I think I am. Don't know what everyone else thinks.

I also had my first outrageous sex dream last night. I won't go into detail, but will just say that I told dh that it was something of an exotic re-enactment of how we got this baby!

Speaking of, like I said before, this baby was a real surprise. And the only other thing I'm worried about is that I still can't figure out, looking at my last cycle and the fertility signs I remember having, when we got pregnant. I have an idea of when my LMP started (around 8/16), I can remember one time when we DTD on 8/28, which was something like day 12, and I really don't think we DTD any other time that week. On days 24 - 26, I had all sorts of cramping and spotting, which must have been implantation (I even joked about being pregnant), but that seems pretty late for that.

Why am I worried? Because I'm a freak. :LOL After writing all this out this totally sounds plausible, just unusual. I had suspected for a few months my cycle was getting shorter, so ovulation on day 12 wouldn't be so far fetched. I o'd on day 13 the cycle we got pregnant with DD, so I really should calm down, right? :LOL I WANT THIS BABY SO IT DOESN'T MATTER. I should just chill.

Ok. So now you all know. I'm totally Type A.

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)
#65 of 102 Old 09-27-2005, 11:13 PM

ok, so the weird extra spit thing started for me today.

i think as long as i keep eating like a horse i'll be ok. i got a bit of an achey stomach when i was waiting for dinner, so my plan is to always have something in there until the m/s threat is gone. course that means i'll probably gain all my pg weight in the 1st tri...

i hope you end of may mamas don't get hit too hard, and those that already have, i hope you feel better soon.
#66 of 102 Old 09-27-2005, 11:21 PM

ugh. Well, life with a teething, nursing toddler isn't making this PG any easier right now. How do I feel?

exhausted
sore nipples (due to teething nursing toddler)
that yucky hungry/nauseous combo
round tummy
thirsty even after drinking water
hair gets greasy easily
more prone to nighttime wakefulness
random libido surges
overwhelmed

That's me at almost 8 weeks...

sharing life with | 10 yo ds | 8 yo dd | dh (since 2012)
"I am not what happened to me...I am what I choose to become." ~ Carl Jung
#67 of 102 Old 09-27-2005, 11:48 PM

Ick. The m/s has gotten progressively worse and has officially become all day/night sickness. I am miserable, and have caught a cold. I can't sleep, can't eat, and can't stay home all day. Gotta go to work! I teach at a college, so it's tough to call in sick. Actually, though, getting up and being forced to interact can help me get through it sometimes. I found out tonight that having a few sips of beer really settles my stomach, though. I wonder if I should try that in the morning?? :LOL I think I'm about 6 wks along, but haven't been to the Dr. yet, so don't have an official date, and since the cycle I got pg was the wierdest one yet (only one in many years without a clear indication of O'ing - even the obgyn was confused. . .) I can't pinpoint the actual date. Anyway , I hope we all feel better soon. I love you, little one, but you're already making me ! :LOL
#68 of 102 Old 09-28-2005, 01:22 AM

Oh, Kat, you're cracking me up! :LOL

Quote:
Why am I worried? Because I'm a freak. After writing all this out this totally sounds plausible, just unusual. I had suspected for a few months my cycle was getting shorter, so ovulation on day 12 wouldn't be so far fetched. I o'd on day 13 the cycle we got pregnant with DD, so I really should calm down, right? I WANT THIS BABY SO IT DOESN'T MATTER. I should just chill.

Ok. So now you all know. I'm totally Type A.
I'm a total Type A, as well, only beaten down slightly by the basic insanity of any person who will be giving birth five times in seven years ...

Baby #1 was a HUGE surprise and was conceived on day 7 (yes, that's right, SEVEN!) of my cycle, the day AFTER my freakin' AF ended! I didn't even think that was possible! Obviously, my 6 1/2 yr. old begs to differ ...
So, O on Day 12? Totally plausible!

Guin

caffix.giftoddler.gifnocirc.gifBusy, grateful mama to: Kieran (12); Hanna (10); Cameron (8);
Charlotte (6);Sophie (5) Down Syndrome & so beautiful! brokenheart.gif(9/08), & rainbow1284.gifDuncan 8/26/09
#69 of 102 Old 09-28-2005, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere
Oh, Kat, you're cracking me up! :LOL

Guin
Thank you so much for understanding my neuroses! I know that what happened is that I just lost track of my cycle. In fact, I knew this and had just told a friend a few weeks ago I needed to start charting. We only use barrier methods when there's a chance I'm fertile, and I'm usually pretty conservative. I just lost track, and got caught up in the moment! I'll be happy to tell this baby s/he was made with much love. (To which s/he will probably say, "GROSS, mom!")

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)
#70 of 102 Old 09-28-2005, 03:35 AM

I puked four times before 9:30 this morning.

Had to leave my class (I teach nursery school) to throw up and ended up going home. Looks like I'm going to have to quit. Its sucks cause I could really use the money, but I'm also in school full time and have three other kids, and somethings gotta give...

I'm exhausted and feeling sick 24-7. My poor BF doesn't quite know what to do...this is his first baby. He's stressed about money, but trying to be supportive.

I just wish I wasn't soooooo sick...
I'm just trying to take it as a blessing, and a sign of a healthy pregnancy.

Anyway...hugs to all you lovely mamas. Lets be good to ourselves. We deserve it!!!
#71 of 102 Old 09-28-2005, 07:38 AM

Ah the morning sickness... All of my professors and classmates are constantly asking me how I am feeling (as though the green hue isn't enough of a clue). My official response lately... blissfully miserable. That wraps up what is happening right now. I couldn't be more thrilled, but MAN... this is too much!
#72 of 102 Old 09-28-2005, 10:15 AM

oh yeah, cd 12 is totally plausible. I O'd on cd11 when ds was conceived.

This time I O'd on cd14 this time, go figure!
#73 of 102 Old 09-28-2005, 10:16 AM

HUGS HUGS HUGS to you M/S mommas.

I've been managing mine by eating Bear Mush (organic version of Cream of Wheat) and taking the Rainbow Light prenatals. I had to throw out the rest of my other prenatals after I threw up Sat morning. :Puke
#74 of 102 Old 09-28-2005, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I've been managing mine by eating Bear Mush (organic version of Cream of Wheat) and taking the Rainbow Light prenatals. I had to throw out the rest of my other prenatals after I threw up Sat morning.
Glad to hear the Rainbow Lights are better for you. I've been taking the same prenatals since we were TTC our DD and had no trouble with them last time around....but this time....even the thought of taking them makes me .

I'm going to the health food store today to hopefully get some Rainbow Light ones since I've heard such good things about them.
#75 of 102 Old 09-28-2005, 10:42 AM

I started the rainbow lights kids chewable this week and I'm SO much better than I was on my other prenatal. My only complaint is that it has some sort of carbonate base I think that makes me bloat and gassy...sure beats barfy though! BTW, my mom told me yesterday that didn't have any m/s with her three kids: she mentioned only ONCE feeling nauseous with me when she smelled coffee brewing. Three very healthy babes too so don't worry about not feeling sick!
#76 of 102 Old 09-28-2005, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmama
Glad to hear the Rainbow Lights are better for you. I've been taking the same prenatals since we were TTC our DD and had no trouble with them last time around....but this time....even the thought of taking them makes me .

I'm going to the health food store today to hopefully get some Rainbow Light ones since I've heard such good things about them.
I hope they'll work for you dear! It's much easier to take your vitamin when it doesn't make you wanna puke!
#77 of 102 Old 09-28-2005, 03:51 PM

Guin- Hope you start feeling a *bit* better, at least!!! :LOL

Mamacatsbaby- Thanks for the hugs, I need em! :LOL I think that is the WORST feeling, having to figure out what to eat when you just want to puke. Hugs right back to you!

Kat- I remember feeling like that at first too, with my girls, I was sick before I found out I was pregnant, this time it kicked in at about 6.5 weeks. And the DREAMS!!!! Oh my, I had one the other night that I was arrested and put in jail for 2 weeks for not smiling at an officer!! :LOL

Ksenia and Eorr- to you both!

Laveneriot- Hope the puking passes soon! As much as we love these babies, it's not right the hell they're putting us through!! :LOL

NurseLaurie- Wow, I cannot even imagine people not helping you! How horrible. : Hope your feeling better too!!

Hope everyone is feeling, well, somewhat ok. :LOL As good as the m/s is to have, it still sucks!

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#78 of 102 Old 09-29-2005, 10:26 AM

I think my m/s maight be starting . I was fixing myself some oatmeal this morning and WHOA was I ready to :Puke . This is 3 weeks earlier that when I got nauseated with Ethan. What I wanted to say was I had some ginger gummy bears on hand that I picked up from Trader Joes. I ate 3 and was feeling pretty ok!! they are real gingery and tingle your tongue, bt it worked!! So now I am off to get readdy for my son's music class at the Y!

Hope all is going well with you ladies
#79 of 102 Old 09-29-2005, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatSG
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I almost wish I was more quesy, just so I could tell myself that this is a good, strong pregnancy. I was super sick from 6 weeks through 15 weeks last time and I don't feel sick at all this time. Just tired and really hungry. And impatient and crabby, but I'm working at keeping that under control. Or at least I think I am. Don't know what everyone else thinks.
Me too! Me too! I'm tired and having bizarre surges of rage, but I'm not sick. SO naturally that worries me because oh no, I should be sick if I'm pregnant! Except everyone I've spoken with has told me to count my lucky stars that I feel good. I've never been pregnant before, so the whole experience is a little weird. :LOL
#80 of 102 Old 09-29-2005, 11:28 AM

I think my new theme song is that song by Kermit the Frog "It's not easy being Green......"

I puke worst the first thing after I get up in the morning. All that comes up is bitter burning bile. So totally nasty. I also think my house smells and am a crazy woman trying to air it out. Now we are freezing cold cause it's 45 degrees outside and all the windows are open. My compost heap has something wrong with it and has been taken over by a swarm of fruit flies. I have to do something about it today and am trying to get up the nerve and stomach to face it. I am gonna go with my little DD for a run though first, try to enjoy this beautiful morning.

I hope everyone has a great day today.

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#81 of 102 Old 09-30-2005, 08:55 PM

You ladies are too, too awesome. Troopers we are I say. I hope everyone's having a sweet day, not too sick. So I stopped taking the prenatals and all and I just don't think I can go back. However the calcium/mag, folate and B-6 supplements I was taking made me have that rocks in my stomach feeling big time. It was almost as bad as the prenatals. I'm thinking it might have been b/c I still wasn't eating enough and/or the other vitamins were still heavily in my system. I haven't taken any kind of supplement in a couple of days and am feeling way better than I was. Still sicky, but not all debilitatingly incapacitated. I still need to go to the health food store and find a vitamin I think even though I've been trying to eat greens, fruits, drinking Odwalla juices, eating soups, etc. to get my nutrients, just to be on the extra safe side. I'm sort of, no, let me not lollygag with this, I'm terrified of taking anything b/c of how badly I was feeling. I've been toying with the idea of breaking my regular vitamin in half and taking them at different times but ladies, I just can't bring myself to do it. Last night, Thursday, was the first time I had had more than 2 or 3 bites of something in almost a month and a half. I had an Ultimate sub from Publix and ate the whole thing. Oh and those sex dreams, tee-hee. They seem so real! Anyway and a day, yak, yak, yak. Continue being fabulous mamas. Much love.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

#82 of 102 Old 10-01-2005, 11:32 AM

Oh yeah...I know those sex dreams. I dreamt that I was with an octogenarian the other night!
#83 of 102 Old 10-01-2005, 11:54 AM

Having two weird symptoms....super thirsty and I apologize if this is tmi, but I feel like I have way more discharge than usual...almost like O time...anyone else have this or am I just weird?
#84 of 102 Old 10-01-2005, 05:20 PM

Ditto on the discharge Hollysmom. I was super thirsty until I got super nauseated. Now I have to drink small amounts all day or it comes right back up.
#85 of 102 Old 10-01-2005, 07:11 PM

mamacatsbaby- I've been having sex dreams too. Whew! I had a lot around the time we conceived IIRC.
#86 of 102 Old 10-01-2005, 11:25 PM

Yeah, I am super thirsty too with the discharge. Oy.

I haven't been having sex dreams but dreamt my babysitter was pregnant so at least someone is getting some in my dreams :LOL

#87 of 102 Old 10-02-2005, 06:27 PM

Another thirsty lady here.

My boobs really hurt, too. Dh swears they look bigger, but I think it's just wishful thinking on his part.

No m/s yet...I'm 6 weeks exactly today.
#88 of 102 Old 10-02-2005, 07:15 PM

I am nauseated. I was only having it in the morning and afternoon, not too bad or almost gone in the evenings. Now I am pretty well having some for most of the day - it is still a little more bearable at night.

I am tired and have to take at least one if not two naps a day. Luckily my three year old is cooperating and sometimes lays down with me. If not she will sit with me while I rest and watch one of her shows. I know I know shouldn't use TV to disctract her but well, I feel like crap and this gets me through when I need to do it.

My nipples are sore, especially if anything brushes against them - like my towel after a shower.

I have a lot more discharge too.

I think that is about it except I have had the runs several times since I found out on the 12th. My prenatal doesn't have a stool softner. I don't know what the deal is but it sucks!

I hope you are all feeling ok today!

Babydoll
#89 of 102 Old 10-02-2005, 07:37 PM

I hear you thirsty mamas. I'm all about my OJ and ice water. I was kinda dischargy myself for a minute, now that has tapered back. Someone please tell me that my sexy-sexy drive will come back as I'm pushing the 2nd tri. Aye-yi-yi. This m/s will be my undoing. :LOL

#90 of 102 Old 10-02-2005, 10:31 PM

Oh man, the thirst is insane. I think it is because we are increasing our blood volume.

I am so tired and have to move so slow in order to not get overcome with nausea.

I hit my fingernail this morning and it bled a bit under the nail and I thought I was gonna die. I fell down and threw up. So nasty.

I am lucky though, DP is really picking up the slack and helping me out. He is a great guy.

ND

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page