How are you feeling today? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

#91 of 102 Old 10-03-2005, 11:58 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ugh. This sickly nausea now has company: the worst indegestion ever. At least for me. I have definitely never been prone to indegestion, just tiny bouts here or there. This hurts. I can barely swallow! Freakin' yuck mamas...

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 102 Old 10-04-2005, 07:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I was so sick today, but could not throw up.. in fact I have only thrown up once since I got pregnant, but have been so nausus!
Today I was soooo hungry but nothing sounded good except cabbage and potatoes and I had already eaten every spud and leaf in the house so I made this 10 quart pot of stone soup with everything I could find and ate over half of it. I am gaining weight so fast this time, but am also having so many more cravings. I keep 2nd guessing not getting an U/S becuase I keep wondering if I am farther along than my chart says I am. We did NFP and I know when I ovulated, so I am going off of the conception date on that date... but I am feeling sooo pregnant!
ummm popcorn :
#93 of 102 Old 10-04-2005, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been SO sick. Just looking at this DDC made me a little queasy because I knew there would be other queasy women posting here. I'm nauseated and vomiting all day long.. and only 6 weeks 6 days pregnant. I usually LOVE food, it has been difficult to be so sick and to have everything tasting bad. All I've been able to eat easily is Subway veggie subs. :LOL
#94 of 102 Old 10-04-2005, 10:13 AM

Felt like throwing up this morning but didn't (just gagged a lot...tmi I know) had a nice greasy hashbrown: and that seems to have settled my stomach for now.
#95 of 102 Old 10-04-2005, 07:12 PM

Mamacat, you should try papaya enzyme for the indigestion. When we are pregnant our GI tracts slow down. It takes longer for food to digest and empty from our stomachs, predisposing to indigestion (plus our esophageal sphincters are relaxed). OTC antacids don't help pregnant women all that much because they actually slow the process of digestion, which just contributes to the problem. Papaya enzyme will speed up the digestion and help your stomach empty sooner.

I have also found papaya enzyme to help with my nausea.

The kind I have are little papaya flavored chewable tablets. Very non-noxious.

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#96 of 102 Old 10-05-2005, 04:51 PM
ltk

Sorry, gross contents to follow. Anyone feel like their feces has been altered significantly by the pregnancy? I am thinking the vitamins and diet changes have given me the runs. Any comments? Sorry for the gross topic.

I am almost 10 weeks.....
#97 of 102 Old 10-05-2005, 07:20 PM

make sure your vitamin does not contain a stool softner. I am having the same problem as you, but mine does not have a stool softner.
#98 of 102 Old 10-07-2005, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Dingo
Mamacat, you should try papaya enzyme for the indigestion. When we are pregnant our GI tracts slow down. It takes longer for food to digest and empty from our stomachs, predisposing to indigestion (plus our esophageal sphincters are relaxed). OTC antacids don't help pregnant women all that much because they actually slow the process of digestion, which just contributes to the problem. Papaya enzyme will speed up the digestion and help your stomach empty sooner.

I have also found papaya enzyme to help with my nausea.

The kind I have are little papaya flavored chewable tablets. Very non-noxious.

ND

Thanks for the tip ND! I really, really appreciate the info.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

#99 of 102 Old 10-08-2005, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh, I am still sick! I am so tired of this. I'm 10 weeks now, so I'm hoping I've only got a couple more weeks of it. I don't think I can take much more. Everyone in my family thinks I am just lazy and that I should just deal with it. But I just can't. It's all I can do just to take care of DS and get my homework done. Every once in a while I can manage to do a little shopping or some laundry or something, but that's it. Whenever I do actually try to get things done, I just end up sicker. Then I can't sleep that night and I feel horrible the whole next day. This has got to end soon.
#100 of 102 Old 10-08-2005, 09:17 PM

Hugs mama merrick. I'm feeling you on that.

#101 of 102 Old 10-08-2005, 10:55 PM

I feel like....
You know when you go on a carnival ride, let's say The Zipper? And it's horrible, it's so horrible you swear you will not do it again.

And then 2 years later you are at the fair again, you see the zipper. Your cousin says "Let's go!" and you think, it couldn't have been THAT bad, right?
So you get on. You snap down the guards that keep you from falling out. You feel great! And then, it starts to move.. The steel vibrations resonate through your bones and then instantly, it all comes back... but OH CRAP you cannot get off now, it is moving, you are strapped in and all you can do is wait out the ride...

That is basically how I'm feeling now.
I don't get m/s too bad but I DO get pubic symphysis disfunction...I have loose ligaments anyway, and my pelvis loosens so that the 2 bones grind against each other, when I sleep, when I walk, when I sit, all the time. And last time it started around 4 months. I did not sleep AT ALL after about 6 months pg because I could not roll over in bed without waking up crying. I am scared.
#102 of 102 Old 10-08-2005, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boingo82
I feel like....
You know when you go on a carnival ride, let's say The Zipper? And it's horrible, it's so horrible you swear you will not do it again.

And then 2 years later you are at the fair again, you see the zipper. Your cousin says "Let's go!" and you think, it couldn't have been THAT bad, right?
So you get on. You snap down the guards that keep you from falling out. You feel great! And then, it starts to move.. The steel vibrations resonate through your bones and then instantly, it all comes back... but OH CRAP you cannot get off now, it is moving, you are strapped in and all you can do is wait out the ride...

That is basically how I'm feeling now.
I don't get m/s too bad but I DO get pubic symphysis disfunction...I have loose ligaments anyway, and my pelvis loosens so that the 2 bones grind against each other, when I sleep, when I walk, when I sit, all the time. And last time it started around 4 months. I did not sleep AT ALL after about 6 months pg because I could not roll over in bed without waking up crying. I am scared.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page