So, what's the best thing?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 09-09-2005, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
About being pregnant right now?? I know alot of us are experiencing m/s, (mine kicked in yesterday : ) but what are some things that you just love right now???

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 19 Old 09-09-2005, 09:25 PM

I don't like being pregnant at all. The only thing i liked about it with DD was feeling her move, and I am not quite there yet.I live in Vegas so I AM glad I won't be huge when it's hot or I would be b#!ch from he!!.
#3 of 19 Old 09-09-2005, 09:36 PM

I feel like my hormones are most balanced when I'm pregnant. It's a nice, peaceful feeling, which is a good thing when we've got so much going on in our lives right now that have been stressful.

I'm grateful that I haven't been hit with m/s, and I'm not really expecting it,as I didn't have it with my daughter.

I'm excited to meet my midwife, who will attend my homebirth.

I'm eagerly anticipating feeling the baby move. This part of pregnancy is all about patience!

I'm also enjoying taking extra good care of myself, eating really great food and exercising.
#4 of 19 Old 09-09-2005, 10:03 PM

I am glad to see I am not the only one who doesn't like pregnancy. I live in the southeast and I am 33wks preggo. Fortuantely the wheather has started to cool down some ( instead of 100 degree wheather we are having upper 80's ) but my ms is back. So right now I am not a happy camper :-( But in my 2nd tri I did experience that peaceful feeling (not for long though - lol!)
#5 of 19 Old 09-09-2005, 10:46 PM

When I am pregnant, I am at my happiest. It is a state of pure bliss for me. Sure I have m/s and have aches and pains (sciatica is no fun) and last time ended up on bedrest. But, emotionally it is the highlight of my life. It takes so much work for me to get pg, that I can't help but savor the fact that I'm growing life.
#6 of 19 Old 09-09-2005, 11:00 PM

hmm.... no period, a good reason to be fat, not having to lift stuff, being waited on by dh, im sure i could think of more.. I love being pregnant
#7 of 19 Old 09-09-2005, 11:03 PM
LBW

The baby that comes out at the end!
#8 of 19 Old 09-09-2005, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

:LOL Love those answers mamas!!!!!

I would have to say that just knowing that I am growing life in me is such a BLESSING that (even with the m/s) it just makes my day every time I think about it!!

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#9 of 19 Old 09-10-2005, 12:00 AM

Even though there is a bunch of stuff I hate such as the nausea and worry, I just love being pregnant. I love the hope, the possibility, and the love that I already feel. I love my daughters so much and can't wait to meet my next baby. I thrive on anticipation and this is the ultimate anticipation in life.

: Oh and the ice cream :

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#10 of 19 Old 09-10-2005, 08:48 AM

DH now cleans the litter box daily.
#11 of 19 Old 09-10-2005, 05:12 PM

Also a big pg lover here!!

I just really like my body more...knowing that it's doing this wonderful thing that only women can do and have done. I just enjoy being in my skin more.

Could do without the already present back pain...but other than that I'm feeling good despite the symptoms.

'Course I don't usually puke either...so I can understand those of you who have harder pg's not really loving every minute of it.

C ~ mama to (16), (13), (9) (5)

#12 of 19 Old 09-11-2005, 01:02 AM

Looking at DS knowing he's going to be a big brother.
#13 of 19 Old 09-11-2005, 01:16 AM

It's hard to put into words. I'm pretty clear on the things that seem undesirable: backache, soooooore boobs, the inability to just say NO to food, the teenage acne (which is clearing up on my face... Thank God). But all of that goes away the minute I think ... there is a baby growing inside me ... a snapshot, or impression in time that reflects my love for my husband and his for me. It is awesome.
#14 of 19 Old 09-11-2005, 10:32 AM

It's hard to choose, I adore being pregnant. If you don't count anal doctors my pg have been pretty laid back and I can handle some nausea for a few weeks and the sciatica (love my chiro!). I just think it's such a miracle and it's so amazing that an expression of our love for each other creates another human being. WOW!
#15 of 19 Old 09-11-2005, 10:35 AM

the best thing right now is that m/s hasn't kicked in yet and other than being tired as i feel pretty good!

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#16 of 19 Old 09-11-2005, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
: What fabulous answers ladies! I am really enjoying being pregnant. I feel so, I dunno, like every sensation is magnified. So comfortable with myself, exhilarated. My emotions are off the chain and I could have that calm down a bit, but even my bouts of irrationality, anger, weepiness, elation,what have you, is uncharted territory about myself that I'm really enjoying getting to know. Even having not so pleasant symptoms is letting me know things are humming along. I am in awe that my body can grow another person. : I feel even more beautiful, even more connected with my DH. OK, here comes the weepiness...

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#17 of 19 Old 09-11-2005, 04:50 PM

DH's gentle caring, DS excitement about chicky chick, picking out names.

I had a tough pregnancy last time, and so far this has been pretty stinky too.

I loved my pregnancy glow last time. I looked soooo healthy people couldn't get over it (I felt like sh*t the entire time)

I am looking forward to second trimester and hoping it will be a reprive this time.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#18 of 19 Old 09-11-2005, 04:58 PM

I LOVE being pg. So far no MS or other signs of pg but I still enjoy it. Just watched a special on National Geographics and it reminded me of how amazing it is. I feel so blessed and especially grateful to be a WOMAN!
#19 of 19 Old 09-11-2005, 05:15 PM

I LOVE all of my irritating symptoms! Even if the nausea hits, I'll love it too. Had no symptoms last time and it didn't end well, so BRING IT ON! Maybe symptoms, for me, mean a good strong pregnancy. So far I have SORE and HUGE boobs, cravings for applesauce and orange juice, and some pings and pangs in my uterine area. Each one is a blessing!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page