The Sept chit-chat thread!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-19-2005, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What would you guys think of doing one thread for chit-chat? (Kind of like the one thread in TTC)

Sometimes I want to just say a little blurb about what's going on with me but I don't really think that my is "thread-worthy," kwim?

What would you guys think of making one thread for general chit-chat....how are you doing/feeling/what's going on in your world etc. We could do it monthly or weekly (depending on the volume).

It might be nice to have one central place to check-in. Whacha think?

~Erin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2005, 04:53 PM

Yep, love it! I've been wanting to post the same thing! :LOL

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
Old 09-19-2005, 04:56 PM

I think that's a GREAT idea, Erin! A weekly or monthly chit-chat thread sounds fab!

I'm starting to feel the queasies in fuller force. No barfing yet (yay!) but my excess saliva is grossing me out. Right now I have regular altoids, and I've heard sour altoids are good, so I'm going to get some of those (my friend says those are comprable to the preggie pops).

Otherwise, my horrible acne from last week is starting to go away (yay) and I feel tired but good. I think overall that my body likes being pregnant... except for a few minor problems (the acne, queasiness, tiredness, sore boobs), I feel great!
Old 09-19-2005, 04:57 PM

Me too! Thanks for initiating it.

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
Old 09-19-2005, 07:07 PM

I'm in! Sometimes it's overwhelming to read all the individual posts that could have easily been a "chit-chat" type of question/statement. I think it'd be great!

Hope you start feeling better, alexisyael. I have dry, dry mouth, but at least I'm sleeping better now (was waking up several times a night, couldn't get back to sleep; now sleeping mostly through the night). But I've been waking up almost every morning at around 4am to this mouse in the ceiling and dh is complaining!! I'm going to try and ignore it . . . :LOL
Old 09-19-2005, 07:20 PM

I think this is a good idea!!!
So how is everyone? I am very irritated right now bc I am having to get rid of almost
all of my animals bc we have FLEAS!! I have been steam cleaning moping and vaccuming like crazy trying to get rid of them but the little basterds keep coming back....arrrrrr......I hate FLEAS!! Ok sorry I am just irritated now....
Old 09-19-2005, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

ok...i edited and changed the title so away mamas!!!!
Old 09-19-2005, 08:10 PM

Yeah! This is great. But ask me in 5 minutes and I might hate it...I've been way too moody. I was feeling all out depressed this morning until I allowed myself an iced tea. Totally different person afterward.

Before Iced Tea
scared about this change
nervous about labor
fearful of caring for baby
wondering if we're ready

After
excited about all changes
anxious to feel/see baby
confident that everything will be great

That's where I'm at now, though I did burst into tears when dh said that he would be working a hour later tonight. It's touch and go around here these days! Boobs hurt like heck and nausea sneaks in occasionally (but no barfing yet) and oh the fatigue!
Old 09-19-2005, 08:54 PM

Oh yeah, the sudden mood shifts are *intense* aren't they?

The nausea is coming and going. On the one hand, it's reassuring, but on the other, I don't know how I'll be able to deal with it. But I know I will... I got through it the last time (I was 22, pregnant and had severe m/s during my first and only trip to Europe. We choose not to keep the baby, but I was pregnant for longer than I'd normally have been, since we were on a month-long vacation when I found out).

Anyhow, a friend ust mentioned adding citrus peels to my iced (herbal) tea mixture -- red raspberry leaf, chamomile, nettle, peppermint. (And I added ginger). This isn't a tea to drink a HUGE amount of, but in small doses it's good. I'm going to try the citrus peels next...
Old 09-19-2005, 08:55 PM

PS. Ellymay, I totally sympathize with you on the flea problem. How sucky!!!!!
Old 09-19-2005, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

oh yeah. totally there with you on the mood swings.

i'm also having a really hard time with food aversions. i'm hungry ALL the time but the thought of eating anything makes me

my dh has a meeting tonight so he won't be home until after 9. it has been a looooooooong day.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:16 AM

I just started having the food aversions... it's very frustrating! Mostly it's certain things right now...

The good news of the day is that I just got an email from my (former) acupuncturist, who I really believe was one of the crucial elements in my getting pregnant She's so excited! I love telling new people the good news
Old 09-21-2005, 12:47 AM

Not having any of the craziness here, just yet. When did the m/s kick in? Anyone else not know what they're supposed to be buying? I'm looking at these swap things thinking, I don't know what to ask for, and I certainly don't have anything that anyone needs! :LOL
Old 09-21-2005, 02:27 AM

Eorr, it's just been progressively constant queasiness here, actually, not full-blown m/s. It kinda snuck up on me, so I couldn't really tell ya when it "hit." But if I puke, I'll have that day/ time immortalized, you can be sure :LOL

And I agree, I saw the swap thread and thought "huh, I have nothing and I have no idea what I need yet..." And actually, what do I need? I have no clue! :LOL

However, I have to say I am a freak -- today, at 5 weeks and 5 days I bought my first maternity shirt. :LOL Really, it's cute (pink empire waist Liz Lange from Tajay with sparkles on it! Girly!!!), and it fits now (there's no way in heck it'll fit once I'm past 5 months, I don't think!) and it made me smile It's my new favorite shirt!

I also bought three new sports bras (me, the grrl who hates bras!) cause the puppies need some serious support right now. I figure I'll probably grow out of them eventually, but you never know. And in the meantime, I've got good support, morning, noon and night! :LOL

Erin, are your food aversions OK? I just found that sour altoids really are the best thing since apple pie (which sounds horrifically gross to me right now... all my sweet cravings have gone out the door! Weird!) But that's more for the queasiness than the food aversions... I haven't figured out anything to help with that (and since my food aversions all seem to be "bad" foods, I think I'm ok.)

Isn't this so much fun? I love chattin' with ya'll and I LOVE that I'm pregnant
Old 09-21-2005, 08:33 AM

alexisyael, I love your siggy! It makes me feel so happy for you.

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
Old 09-21-2005, 11:03 AM

Hi everyone!!!! I am soooo happy to be here. I am not even 5 weeks preggo, but WHAT is going on with my b**bs! hehe. They are growing. I remember them doing this with my DS too. The amazing amounts of saliva my mouth is producing is a problem, I am glad to hear that i am not alone with this one!

OK I have a confession! I cannot give up my morning cup of coffee! I am limiting myself. I have not had a Diet Pepsi in a long time and that was my nasty little habit that I really hated but I am totally addicted!! the
coffee thing may go when MS kicks in! Anyone else still having a cup of coffee (with tons of milk/soymilk) in it???
Old 09-21-2005, 11:08 AM

I love to talk!

eorr- It's so hard. Is this your first? I know with ds, I really tried hard not to register/buy stuff we didn't need. My registry was less than half that of my friends, and we still have so much extraneous stuff. I'm really trying even harder this time. I'm going to focus on stuff that I know I'll need (like diapers in small sizes, because we didn't CD ds until 6 months, because we were moving from north of Seattle to North Carolina when we was 3-6months old.)

dharmamama- I totally feel the same way about food. It's so hard to eat, but I'm starving. And, once I find something that I can choke down, I get hungrier! Yeah, that makes sense.

ellymay- Fleas! Yuck. I remember back before they came out with all of those flea treatments for pets. When I was little, our golden retriever always had fleas in the summer. They're so yucky. And, their bites itch! I know lots of people around here will probably poopoo me for it, but I don't know if I could have a dog, if topical flea treatments didn't exist. They work so well, and they're only once a month.

OOH! This is fun! I to chat!
Old 09-21-2005, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Erin, are your food aversions OK?
Ummm. No. I don't even think I can talk about food without feeling I am so hurtin'.

So I had my first prenatal visit yesterday. Well sort of. It was a "nurse visit" where they just do a ton of paperwork and give you a packet-o-crap and send you for bloodwork.

It was very annoying. The first questions....okay....name.....birthdate....address ....

I was like....ummmmm....do you maybe want to look in my chart? I've been a patient here for years.

Ay, ye, ye...I need to start calling homebirth midwives and be done with this place.

Ok....DD is "all done" (aaa-doh) with me being on the computer so I better go. Have a great day everyone.

~Erin
Old 09-21-2005, 11:24 AM

alexisyael - I am right there with you with those sour altoids. I also bought some queasy drops and they saved me when I was feeling super sick this morning.

I have 14 hours of planes and airports tomorrow, yikes. Not looking forward to morning sickness in the air. Even reading the words morning sickness is making my stomach feel worse.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:12 PM

Peppermint gum, ladies!!!!! It really, really helps my queasy stomach! I need to buy stock in it!! :LOL Ever since starting the Unisom and vit B6, my m/s is soooo not horrible! I am queasy all day long, but I can still eat!! WOOHOO!!! :LOL Even so, I've lost 2 pounds already! :LOL And Ginger ALe works well too. I also read somewhere that cucumbers soaked in water helps with m/s?? haven't tried it yet. My first doc appt. is on Friday!!

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
Old 09-21-2005, 12:23 PM

I hate fleas too - that is one good thing about Nevada - no fleas!

Well my poor DD has the yucky flu. She had a fever all day yesterday and all night and woke up barfing. She has so far only thrown up twice so she is keeping liquids down and she ate some dry toast so at least her appetite is there...but this fever. ugh! I hate fevers. Hers peaks at 102.7 and then goes down to 100.5 on its own and then back again. Poor baby. So I got NO sleep last night and DH went to work and it's going to be a loooooooooooooooong day. I just hope she feels better. There is NOTHING worse than a sick child.

And then that got me freaking out about the baby and going through sicknesses again with a baby - oh that was horrible. At least now DD can tell me how she feels, ya know?

Other than that, the usual M/S this AM. And a weird craving for key lime pie, which I would more than likely take one bite of and toss it since sugar is grosing me out. LOL.

Happy day everyone!
Old 09-21-2005, 02:07 PM

Oh, sorry Erin... let's talk about something else, then

Luckylady, your poor dd Being sick is no fun... and yeah, it must suck even worse when you can't communicate to anyone about it. My dh and I believe it must be frustrating not being able to communicate as a baby. They know what they want, but can't talk to anyone. How horrible! That's one huge reason AP makes so much sense to me... and also baby sign, which I am hopefully going to use. My sister, who's hard of hearing, used it with her dd, and that was good.

Actually, my sis taught my neice to swear in sign, too, which was very cute

Flying while m/s is no fun, ThatLinGirl. A big hug for you for that! And lots of calm tummy vibes

vicki -- yeah, the excessive saliva is fun! I'm not having growing boobs yet (dh hopes they won't grow too much anyway, since I'm already a D cup, and well... they'd get to be too much for my back. I agree!) But DUDE, mine are sore!!! I just bought 3 sports bras yesterday and I've been wearing one 24/7 since, and it really helps. No more sore boobs! Yay!

momma2emerson, I love to talk, too I can so relate to not wanting too much stuff. I look at what other people (my best friend, my sister) got, and it seems overwhelming and unnecessary, for the most part. (Why does an infant need twenty thousand stuffed animals?) Anyway, I'm hoping to walk the line between not enough and just right. We'll see. We have a lot of excited grandparents... luckily, on dh's side, they're already talking about setting up a college fund!

Thanks Max That siggie comes from my heart
Old 09-21-2005, 02:37 PM

Hey guys,
For the M/S I am really relying on preggie pops and OJ popscicles (made at home out of really sour OJ). Oh, and salty foods. The darn greek restaurant is really killing my pans to not gain too much this time.
Vicky, I cannot give up my morning cup of coffee either. I mean, I have cut down a lot lately but I still have a couple cups of half-caf in the morning.
Luckylady, I am so sorry your DD is sick. I admit, i am a little concerned about having an infant around and getting sick, especially because DS desperately wants to go to school and will bring every single germ home.
Ok, I have to go call a midwife and beg her to take me on as a patient, even though i live out of area. Wish me luck!
Old 09-21-2005, 02:52 PM

Good luck!!!!
Old 09-21-2005, 03:08 PM

No mega morning sickness for me yet ladies! I have a bit of a sour tummy but nothing too awful-though smells are already starting to bug me! I only puked with my second dd so hopefully this will be free from upset! :LOL I am REALLY really tired not too mention my 10 month old and 22 month old BUT I will survive! Mood swings are my middle name-it doesnt help that my dh doesnt know I am preggo yet.I am trying to wait until we hear about a job for dh that would help us out immensely before I tell......we werent expecting another quite so soon and he is high strung anyway so I dont wanna stress him out yet.Kind of a yucky feeling though not to be able to tell your HUSBAND.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisyael
I've heard sour altoids are good, so I'm going to get some of those (my friend says those are comprable to the preggie pops).
oh good idea - I'm gonna check them out

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:02 PM

alexisyael - I totally agree about the AP thing and I also taught baby sign to Ellerie. She STILL does "more more" when she wants more fo something. LOL.

Emmamahob - how difficult!!! I hope he gets the job he wants and that you are both excited about the new baby. 10 months...wow. My hats off to you...
Old 09-22-2005, 12:43 AM

Hi y'all just wanted to say "Hi" and that we all feel better soon.

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

Old 09-22-2005, 04:35 AM

momma2emerson & alexisyael- good to know I'm not alone! Yes, this will be our first. DH and I have a very small (495sq ft) condo, and really want to pare down our own stuff, let alone avoid buying extras! That's part of the reason I want to EC, baby-wear and co-sleep (among other, more lofty reasons, of course). I'd love to avoid strollers, cribs, diapers, even a highchair! I saw an adorable clamp onto the table one.
So yeah, I don't want to buy too much stuff - I'd love to make it - but I don't want to be stuck without necessities either! :LOL

By the way, alexis - your siggie always makes me smile big, too. And I started taking belly pics (you inspire me!) Though I noticed that I'm looking a bit puffy today - time to start exercising again! Maybe some long walks. . .

Haven't had too much m/s here - but trying to eat regularly since I feel it comin' on if I get too hungry. Counting my blessings, since my mom was constantly puking with each one of her 4 pgs!

Hugs to those who aren't feeling well!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 11:32 AM

I'm a bit overwhelmed by everything we need to do - we live in a tiny little house that needs a new roof, a new garage, and some remodeling before this kid is born! The funding for these things is almost in place, but I need to go in and throw out a whole bunch of stuff before the builders even come in to give us an estimate. Naturally, work has me busy like crazy and when I'm home, I'm so tired I just want to sleep. Husband is at work all the time anyway, which he always has been, so there's no use asking him for help.
I think I'm just going to finish my one morning cup of coffee and feel overwhelmed for a bit, then go start shovelling out the closet.

User Tag List