appt undate..mmmm - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 09-21-2005, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well here's the thing,I am measuring 6 weeks 1 day.My doc did an ultrasound and we saw the h/b.she said not to worry that it was slow(102)as it has only just become visable and from now up to 8 weeks it gets up to speed.fair enough....but I asked her when i would have conceived since i was sure i was 8 weeks,she said around Aug24/25th.I then got all worried as i got my positive test on 28/29th.so I went back to the office and told her this and she said that a preg test can pick up LCH(or what ever the letters are!!LOL)and it can come out as a + . WT???I have never heard this...anyone else????she has been a doc for over 20 years and has always looked after me incredibly well,given me all the space i need,let me be complpetly until my babes were crowning,and after m/c she saw me whenever i was feeling squirly to keep my mind at rest so i don't think she would BS me.I am just a little confused,so instead of being due 05/07/06 i am now pegged for 05/17/06!!!!!! big difference
come on ladies,what do you think???

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
#2 of 12 Old 09-21-2005, 09:24 PM

I always thought the preg. test could pick up HCG early as that....I dont think she would BS you,plus dont most OB's say there is always that 2 week window?
#3 of 12 Old 09-21-2005, 09:47 PM

Your doc sounds right to me.
#4 of 12 Old 09-21-2005, 09:59 PM

Sorry, I'm a little confused. She thinks you tested positive 4 days after ovulating/fertilizing? The majority of embies haven't implanted yet at 4 dpo, and it takes a bit after implantation to get a positive test. I'm not trying to worry you - but I've been charting for years now and the math doesn't make sense to me.

That said, you did see a h/b which is the important thing! Could the first positive test have been an evap line? Certain types of fertility treatments can cause false positives but they don't appear on properly taken pregnancy tests for women without fertility treatments - but evaps certainly do and can be quite prounounced on certain brands of tests.
#5 of 12 Old 09-21-2005, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

okay I have been web surfin' since writing this and I came across this

Quote:
Generally from 6 ½ -7 weeks is the time when a heartbeat can be detected and viability can be assessed. A normal heartbeat at 6-7 weeks would be 90-110 beats per minute. The presence of an embryonic heartbeat is an assuring sign of the health of the pregnancy. Once a heartbeat is detected, the chance of the pregnancy continuing ranges from 70-90% dependent on what type of ultrasound is used. If the embryo is less than 5mm CRL, it is possible for it to be healthy without showing a heartbeat, though a follow up scan in 5-7 days should show cardiac activity

It makes me feel a whole ot better although I still can't understand the + test bit.
I wasn't on fertility drugs and they definatly were not evap lines,they came up pretty quick,the most I could've been dpo by docs calculations is 5 days,can you implant that fast??
it is right at the top of my uterus almost like it popped out of the tube like a waterslie( :LOL ) and hit the wall and attatched,how long does it take from the egg releasing to the eggs to leave the fallopian tube??
cheers ladies

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
#6 of 12 Old 09-21-2005, 10:13 PM

You can implant that fast, yes, although most people don't - but you wouldn't test positive that fast.

My guess is that you're just a tiny bit behind on size, but that isn't always a bad sign. I have friends who have been a bit behind and their babes are just fine. The heartbeat is the important thing at the moment.

Edited to add: Some people do test positive as early as 7ish dpo. Maybe you are 6w4d instead of 6w1d - 3 days off isn't a big deal measurement wise.
#7 of 12 Old 09-21-2005, 11:39 PM

First of all, Congrats on the lovely : That is a beautiful thing.

The thing about dating by ultrasound is that the ultrasonographer measures the size of the baby using points he or she picks. Depending on the angle, the measurement can vary, thus resulting in a slightly different gestational age.

did you chart? When you got your first positive test, what day past ovulation did you think you might have been? Maybe you thought you were 14 dpo when actually you were only 7 dpo?

Can you get another ultrasound a bit later to reconfirm the date? It would really suck to be at term 40 weeks but be pressured by a care provider who thinks you are at 42 weeks you know?

Isn't it funny, how you can be totally stressed about one thing, and then when that ends up being OK, the stess just jumps over to something else? I hate how that happens and can so relate.

Hang in there, it will all work out and this baby and birth will be absolutely perfect.

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#8 of 12 Old 09-22-2005, 01:50 AM

The exact same thing happened to me! My due date is now later too. I am also a little worried about it, but I trust my peri and I don't think he would be "leading me on" if he thought there was something wrong. It is just confusing becausse I also know when I ovulated, so I thought I was sure about the timing. Good luck to all of us.
#9 of 12 Old 09-22-2005, 03:25 PM

How strange? But congrats on the HB!!!!!!!!!!!!! How awesome to see that!! I go in tomorrow, and hope to get an u/s too. FOr some reason, I think he's going to say that I'm not as pregnant as I think I am. Don't know why, as my periods are DEAD on.

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#10 of 12 Old 09-25-2005, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
: Awww, your babe's hb. How wonderful! I'm so ready to hear that.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#11 of 12 Old 09-26-2005, 03:28 PM

For *some* people, especially those with PCOS, you might get a faint line around O time because of the LH. This doesn't happen for most people...and you were past o, so it wasn't LH.

Docs always want to go by the u/s, and sometimes it's just off. I agree with the previous poster who said your babe is probably just a tad small and that's why your doc thinks you're due later.

If charting and you konw when you O'd, your dates are right. I actually lied about my LMP because I knew I'd just o'd late...if I'd given them my actual lmp, I'd be due in April :LOL

BUT, in your case, I wouldn't worry about it too much because her putting your due date out later gives you more time before they're going to start pushing for induction and everything. More cooking time is a good thing! You'll likely just go "early" according to your docs calculations but I'm betting right around your initial due date.

I wouldn't sweat it!

C ~ mama to (16), (13), (9) (5)

#12 of 12 Old 09-29-2005, 06:36 PM

Weird! The bad thing would be if you go into labor around 38 weeks using your "O" edd then your doc would consider you just shy of 37 weeks and some docs will try to stop your labor if you're not 37 weeks yet (the OB I had first pg would have, I think some might not though?).

I'm not really concerned about edds much, except in the cases where an inaccurate edd might cause problems if your caregiver thinks you are going into labor too early or you are "overdue" when in fact you're just hitting your due date.

I don't see why you would have had + on your hpt if you hadn't implanted yet though, so I'd be inclined to stick with your original edd if you're sure of when you O'd and BD.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page