Ha HA! Found something I can actually eat! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 09-29-2005, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

If you are sufferering from all-day morning sickness, try this. It's the only thing I can eat. Woohoo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 09-30-2005, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
And a big 'Ha, Ha' right back at ya cicerosum, PBJs make me wanna run and hide in a deep dark cave. :LOL But I'm glad you found something to munch!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#3 of 22 Old 10-01-2005, 12:13 AM

It's pancakes for me!!
#4 of 22 Old 10-01-2005, 12:24 AM

wheat thins work for me. If I'm feeling good, I eat them with cream cheese. PBJs make me feel ill all the time.

But doesn't it feel great to have at least one good food?!
#5 of 22 Old 10-01-2005, 02:11 AM

Oh, I'm so glad you guys have found something. It gives me hope. I just haven't discovered what mine is yet. I thought grapes would be it - I even tried eating them when I wake up in the middle of night (often!!) and before getting out of bed in the morning. Hmmm. . . not terrible, but not the solution.

I'll keep reading to see if something sounds good! :LOL
#6 of 22 Old 10-01-2005, 09:40 AM

I have a few, but they aren't all the time. Just one of the things that might sound good when nothing else does. Peanut butter and cheese sandwich (this isn't a weird pregnancy thing, ive been eating them my whole life), actual homemade vanilla pudding, cheese toast, plain whole grain belgian waffles, hashbrowns/tater tots, Chick-fil-A lemonade and most items from the Chick-fil-A menu. I'm not a big supporter of Chick-fil-A, but as long as I am keeping their nuggets down I'll toss my money at them.
#7 of 22 Old 10-01-2005, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

What kind of cheese do you put on your PB & cheese???
#8 of 22 Old 10-01-2005, 05:19 PM

Usually cheddar. I like to buy hoop cheddar cheese. It's a little more work (with the wax and the cloth), but something about it just tastes so good. People see me eating them away from home sometimes and comment on how nasty it is. I always point out that all of those cracker companies make peanut butter on cheese crackers. The crackers are nasty, but this sandwich is good. I prefer it to PBJ. Sometimes, if I am in a strange mood I do PB and cream cheese.
#9 of 22 Old 10-01-2005, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

I'm actually tempted to try that
#10 of 22 Old 10-01-2005, 10:48 PM

My secret weapon last time was mango sorbet. This time I haven't gotten sick, but I must have an apple when I'm super hungry before I eat anything else! Fruit always feels good to me.

A PB&J would have made me want to spew last time I think.

Mama to DD (5) DD (3) and DS (2 months)
#11 of 22 Old 10-02-2005, 03:33 PM

LOL! Fresh popcorn (not microwave) with real butter and RealSalt. Also Bear Mush (aka Cream of Wheat) made with milk instead of water... add a pat of butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar.
#12 of 22 Old 10-02-2005, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Have you guys tried the Edy's frozen fruit bars? Mmmm... I think I'll have one right now...

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#13 of 22 Old 10-02-2005, 10:29 PM

Oh yeah, PB is sooooo good. I also am liking stuff on top of those whole grain Wasa crisps. Stuff like thin slices of honey ham, strawberry jelly, and of course, the PB.

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#14 of 22 Old 10-03-2005, 12:43 PM

Popsicles here! Real fruit no sugar added popsicles. DS is in heaven because it isn't fair for me to have one and not share.
Other than that it's peanut butter, banana and sprout sandwiches.
#15 of 22 Old 10-03-2005, 06:57 PM

----Throkmorton : Other than that it's peanut butter, banana and sprout sandwiches. ----

Is that all on one sandwich? I hope so, because I read it and thought... "tasty"... This baby inside me is a nasty little freak. I won't be surprised if it comes out eating out of the trashcan. I crave the most off-the-wall and unhealthy crap. Hot Tamales candy, CORN DOGS (I don't even eat hot dogs, what is that about), chicken fingers and honey mustard.... Nothing green, nothing healthy and nothing that I would have eaten regularly 6 weeks ago. I'm letting it go for a few more weeks until the nausea passes, then it's back to the organic and the fresh. Even if I have to force myself.
#16 of 22 Old 10-03-2005, 07:03 PM

Yep, one sandwich. The sprouts give it a nice crunch. Just peanut butter and bananas is too mushy for my tastes.
#17 of 22 Old 10-03-2005, 07:22 PM

All I want is poached eggs on toast. And I HATE EGGS!

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#18 of 22 Old 10-10-2005, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseLaurie
Nothing green, nothing healthy and nothing that I would have eaten regularly 6 weeks ago.
I'm so glad to hear you say that! I'm normally a very adventurous eater but my diet has shrunk to cereal w/milk and blueberries, green curry w/duck, cheddar bunnies, and miso soup. That's about it. Nothing sweet, nothing green, just about nothing other than those four things. Occasional exceptions for other food in spicy sauces.
#19 of 22 Old 10-10-2005, 06:52 PM

Oooooohhh, I pigged out on cheesy puffs the other day. Our grocery store carries the Doritos Naturals, but not the Cheetos Naturals and I was just dying for a disgusting and unhealthy pig-out on cheese puffs. : Now I feel bad cause they don't have "MSG" but they have another ingredient that is code for MSG.
#20 of 22 Old 10-10-2005, 07:02 PM

I haven't been so consistent with what I can eat. It's made it very difficult for me to stock anything.
But dh decided that he wouldn't *let* me indulge in a *craving* unless I could prove that it was healthy or necessary in some way. :LOL He's not controlling, don't get the wrong idea, but it's nice to have support in my times of weakness!
Example: we try to eat veggies - we eat 'em raw with ranch dressing. So recently we changed to hummus instead of ranch to reduce his calorie intake. But I've been sneaking ranch 'cause the brand of hummus we got recently makes me ill to even smell it! So he "caught" me, I didn't try to really hide it, and told him that right now, if it sounds good to me, I'm indulging - no matter what he says! :LOL
#21 of 22 Old 10-10-2005, 11:31 PM

You know, the way I've been feeling lately... If it sounds good, I eat it. I could just kiss the mama who mentioned all fruit frozen popsicles! Those have been an absolute lifesaver. Seriously, I eat like 3 or 4 a day!
#22 of 22 Old 10-11-2005, 12:34 PM

PB& J has been good for me!!

last night i felt so ill and the only thing that helped was eating a granny smith apple very slowly so i could suck all the juice out.

i actually have the energy/desire to cook today! (first time in weeks) i'm making a big pot of baked beans and i'm thinking maybe some corn bread to go with them.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page