a girl's favorite subject - weight gain. - Mothering Forums

#1 of 24 Old 09-29-2005, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought I would share that I have gained *gulp* 10-1/2 lbs so far!!!!!!! I am really not surprised considering I went from a 1000 calorie a day diet + 2 hours a day a tthe gym to eating constantly to make myself fell better and very little exercise. I HAVE to watch it the second trimester!!! YIKES.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 24 Old 09-29-2005, 07:50 PM

EEp!
It looks like I gained 15 lbs! But different scales, 4 months between weighing and having a cold might affect that. I have been eating nothing but junk and really stuffing my face lately. Anything that will stay down and takes under 30 seconds to prepare.

I also have to watch myself! No more than another 15 lbs, hopefully.
#3 of 24 Old 09-29-2005, 08:09 PM

So far the scale says I've gained about 6 lbs, I'm hoping it is mostly water weight. I've been craving salty foods for the first time in my life. My goal is to gain 25-30 through out, I wasn't exactly in my ideal range when I started this! I may look back and laugh at this is by the time May comes around.
#4 of 24 Old 09-29-2005, 08:21 PM

At 8 weeks tomorrow, I haven't really gained anything (unless you could going from 149.6 to 150), but I am concerned about what I am eating. I FEEL constantly like I have a hangover. And the only thing I can keep down is basically fried stuff and cheese (or fried stuff WITH cheese). I stop every morning for a cheese biscuit and hashbrowns. Nothing else will stay down. I used to joke in college about how after a night of drinking only the greasy stuff would slide far enough down to stay down. That seems to be a reality these days. I'm pretty concerned about my cholesterol and blood pressure even if I don't gain the weight.
#5 of 24 Old 09-29-2005, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

UGH nurselaurie!!! Grease makes me SO ill! LOL. Mine is carbs. Breads - and I have this thing for Faustos bean and rice burritos....sooooooo good (and NOT good for the butt...)

but I know what you mean - McDonald's was mt staple hangover food - really the only time I can stand the stuff. LOL.
#6 of 24 Old 09-29-2005, 11:41 PM

Oh yeah, I haven't weighed myself but I am sure I am right up there. It happens to me every pregnancy. It is how my body reacts. I am not eating all that much more but I sure am gaining.

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#7 of 24 Old 09-30-2005, 06:34 AM

I have gained 7 pounds so far! And I am only 7 weeks! LOL This is differant from my last pregnancy!! I feel good though, I eating too much fruit I think right now
#8 of 24 Old 09-30-2005, 10:49 AM

I'm still about 4lb under my pre-pg weight but I had gained 8lb suddenly the two weeks before we conceived so I'm kinda happy that I'm not packing on more already. I don't tend to gain weight during the first 1/2 of my pregnancies, but last time I made up for it by gaining something like 15 or 20lb in the last half of my pregnancy- putting it on slower would have been better I think.
#9 of 24 Old 09-30-2005, 11:13 AM

I'm still exactly the same (at almost 6 weeks). By the end of the day I'm so bloated that I LOOK like I've gained 5 pounds, though.
#10 of 24 Old 09-30-2005, 11:17 AM

We don't have a scale but I feel BIG. I have my first midwifes appointment this afternoon so we'll see what her scale says. I'm guessing at least 10 lbs, I was 9 weeks yesterday, but maybe more.

Mama to 3 lovely home learning, nature loving girls read.gif(10), fairy.gif(7), fly-by-nursing1.gif (3).

#11 of 24 Old 09-30-2005, 11:23 AM

I haven't gained any weight so far. But I'm really surprised, because I feel like I eat all the time. With my other pregnancies, I never gained weight until 16 weeks or so, I lost a bunch in the first trimester.

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#12 of 24 Old 09-30-2005, 11:24 AM

I have lost weight don't know how much though bc I havn't been to the doc yet
but my clothes are alot looser on me so I know I have lost some.....
#13 of 24 Old 09-30-2005, 11:55 AM

i've lost 5 lbs since tuesday. i've been really sick, not able to eat, and everything keeps heading south, really quickly. so i know it's mostly water weight, but it's still a little scary.

i gained 50lbs with #1, so i'll just try to enjoy this extra weight loss, before the heaviness sets in...if only the stomache cramps would quit

Mama to Butterfly, B(ee), Bug, and Laniecakes

#14 of 24 Old 09-30-2005, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryprincess
i've lost 5 lbs since tuesday. i've been really sick, not able to eat, and everything keeps heading south, really quickly. so i know it's mostly water weight, but it's still a little scary.
Same here--this MS is just stupid.
#15 of 24 Old 09-30-2005, 12:37 PM

I'm 9 weeks today and haven't really gained yet, but I'm in maternity clothes a lot of the time due to the bloating and discomfort with regular pants.

I started out pretty fluffy though so this is a really good thing. I can't afford to gain lots of weight...with my first pg I gained like 80 lbs :LOL , then almost 60 with the second and 50 with the last. Can't do that this time

But really, unless you're pretty overweight to begin with, I'd try not to worry much about the weight. The first tri is pretty hard on you with the fatigue and foods not sounding so good...hard to exercise and eat exactly right when you feel like that, yk?

C ~ mama to (16), (13), (9) (5)

#16 of 24 Old 09-30-2005, 12:39 PM

I was down 14lbs since my initial bloodwork

The doctor was not pleased....and the helpful nurse suggested "Just be sure to eat...and then try not to throw up afterwards..." ARG! Thank you nurse obvious
#17 of 24 Old 09-30-2005, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseLaurie
And the only thing I can keep down is basically fried stuff and cheese (or fried stuff WITH cheese).
Is that a Friends joke?

The confusing part of my weight gain is that I have gained a few lbs, yet I can see my ribs, which I couldn't before.
#18 of 24 Old 09-30-2005, 01:13 PM

: I haven't gained but my tummy looks smaller right under my bra strap but poochier down below.

Even though I haven't gained anything, I'm wearing under belly maternity jeans because I can't come even come close to buttoning my regular jeans or my stretch jeans.

I gotta remember to take a belly shot soon!
#19 of 24 Old 09-30-2005, 01:50 PM

I haven't gained anything either, it actually looks like I dropped 2 lbs. :LOL I am out of two bras, and all but one pair of jeans. : I'll be six weeks on Sunday.

Stacy - mom to Lily 5-20-06 , Angel, stillborn @ 25 wks 12-17-07 , and Cami 4-21-09.
#20 of 24 Old 09-30-2005, 02:22 PM

I haven't gained any weight yet so far. I'm 9 weeks now. However I had just gained a few pounds before conceiving. I can only fit into one pair of jeans now, my "fat" jeans. My belly is definitely poking out more.
I am thankful that i haven't gained any yet. Last time I gained waaaay too much and i don't want to do it again.
#21 of 24 Old 09-30-2005, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseLaurie
I FEEL constantly like I have a hangover. And the only thing I can keep down is basically fried stuff and cheese (or fried stuff WITH cheese). I stop every morning for a cheese biscuit and hashbrowns. Nothing else will stay down. I used to joke in college about how after a night of drinking only the greasy stuff would slide far enough down to stay down. That seems to be a reality these days. I'm pretty concerned about my cholesterol and blood pressure even if I don't gain the weight.
You are describing my first pregnancy exactly. I ate McDonald's breakfast bagels almost every morning from weeks 6 to 16. The good news isn't I didn't have any problems because of it. Once the nausea went away I was able to eat normally. My blood pressure was fine and I only gained 30 pounds total.

So far I just feel bloated. Don't think I have really gained yet (I am afraid of the scale) I am approaching 6 weeks so I am getting nervous about the nausea that may be lurking around the corner.
#22 of 24 Old 09-30-2005, 06:14 PM

I've lost about 5 pounds. My clothes are certainly looser than they were beforehand. I just can't seem to get into eating very much. Granny smith apples don't really pack a caloric punch!

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#23 of 24 Old 09-30-2005, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissimpatient@c
I was down 14lbs since my initial bloodwork

The doctor was not pleased....and the helpful nurse suggested "Just be sure to eat...and then try not to throw up afterwards..." ARG! Thank you nurse obvious
seriously? what an idiot.... what is she thinking, mind over matter? probably never been pregnant.

i know i've gained, and it's all carbs. i'm like, whatever. i wasn't at my pre-preg weight before raelin (maybe about 5 pounds off), but its' not like i was exercising the way i was pre-kids.... that may not happen again until they're in high school :LOL

i figure it'll all even out in the months ahead... but the clothing thing is a bit of an issue

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
#24 of 24 Old 10-02-2005, 02:08 PM

After reading this thread, I weighed myself for the first time since getting pregnant. I expected to have gained some weight, since I feel fuller in the face. I lost 5 pounds. I'm not too surprised. I am quite overweight and I think that my metabolism speeds up a bit when I'm pregnant. Plus, not being able to eat much certainly can make a difference. I am not losing as quickly as I did with preg #2. I am working harder on eating this time around.
I am 10 weeks on Wed.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page