First "real" prenatal appt :) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-30-2005, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aside from the initial "congrats your pg!' and bloodwork, I had my first real ob/gyn appt. yesterday

Bloodpressure was 150/90 when I first got there, I was shaking I was so nervous...They redid it after the appointment before I left, and it was back to normal at 105/70...I think the first reading was off, that's a huge difference in readings.

Ultrasound was good, the baby is measuing bang on at 8 weeks 5 days, I put the ultrasound pics online at www.msnbcasey.blogspot.com because I can't figure out how to pist pics here

Weight is down 14lbs since the initial appt..The doc changed my prenatals and gave me a supplement capsule to take with the vitamins to help with the nausea.

The ultrasound also showed a cyst...The doctor said "It's very common, and small." But "small" according to her is the size of a plum!!! It sounds big to me...Have any of you lovely mamas out there had cysts during your pregnancy? I know she said not to worry that it's normal...but I can't help but worrying like it's my job in life...
#2 of 6 Old 09-30-2005, 04:10 PM

I had a cyst when I was pg with dd. I was further along than you are, but the Dr. said they were very common and everything turned out fine
#3 of 6 Old 09-30-2005, 08:56 PM

awww - congrats mama! I have not had a cyst during PG but I get ovarian cysts all the time. Some burst and that HURTS. Worry not! Hope you get feeling better and take nurse Obvious' grand advice to not puke after you eat. LOL.
#4 of 6 Old 10-01-2005, 12:46 PM

I had an appointment, too. They gave me the full "treatment", the vaginal US and the pap, both in the same day! :LOL What a treat! I have a cyst on my left ovary and the dr said it's common, even though it's bleeding! I am having a little bit of pain, but I am learning to live with it.
My next appt is at the end of Oct. when I will be 12 weeks!
#5 of 6 Old 10-04-2005, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

ks, my next appt. is the 25th of oct when i'm 12 weeks, too
#6 of 6 Old 10-04-2005, 05:24 PM

Your appointment sounds good Mama. Try not to stress about the cyst. The ovaries of all species are very cysty sorts of structures.

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page